iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> KGC_Overdrive, ff10 overdrive system plus extra
Mr. Bubble
post Jun 27 2011, 11:45 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed
Alignment: Unaligned

OverDrive System - KGC_OverDrive
Last Update: 2009/11/01
Created by tomy ( http://ytomy.sakura.ne.jp/ )

This is part of an on-going project to update and restore KGC scripts to have their own individual topic for easier user reference.

About "Last Update" timestamps:
Last update timestamps refer to the date as defined on the original KGC website. This is to keep track of whether scripts are up-to-date or not.

Summary
This script allows you to create skills that are not usable in battle until a character gains enough points from specified actions to use them.

Latest Updates
The version of KGC_Overdrive found in this topic is the most recent translated version you can find from the KGC website (2009/11/01). Do not trust any other sources. If you are using a KGC_Overdrive version from 2008, you are using an old version. Update ASAP!

There have been a large number of changes and fun additions since the '08 version. You can now create skills and items that increase or decrease a battler's Overdrive gauge directly. A compatibility fix with KGC_LargeParty has been added. The sound effect option added by Mr. Anonymous has been removed because it was buggy and there were too many complaints about it not working.

A custom gauge graphic is no longer required by default. KGC_GenericGauge is now used for custom Overdrive gauge images. Please see the KGC_GenericGauge topic if you want a custom Overdrive gauge graphic.

Most importantly, I've changed the default settings to be IDIOTPROOF. Overdrive gauges are now set by default to show Overdrive gauges in the menu whether or not the actor has an Overdrive skill learned or not. Please read the comments in the script if you wish to revert it to only showing gauges until OD skills are learned.

Script
Attached File  kgc_overdrive.txt ( 54.61K ) Number of downloads: 1197

If pasting the script in your script editor results in the code appearing all on one line, simply download the txt file onto your hard drive and copy it from Notepad.

Installation
Paste this script into its own page within the "Materials" section in the script editor of your project.

How to Use
User customization is done within the customization module within the script. Please read the comments thoroughly.

This script also utilizes Notetags and script commands. Let's start with Note tags:

++ Overdrive-related Notetags ++
How to create an Overdrive skill (Basic)
Spoiler:

To set up a skill as an "Overdrive" skill (which cannot be used until the Overdrive Gauge is full), go into the database, click the Skills tab, locate the skill you desire, and then enter <overdrive> into the "Notes" text box.

How to create an Overdrive skill (Advanced Options)
Spoiler:

You can specify how many points an Overdrive skill consumes in order to be used. The tag for this is <overdrive n> (where n = OD points). In the example picture, the skill would require at least 1500 Overdrive points before it can be used.

You can also make skills that increase in power the more extra Overdrive points the user has. Use the tag <overdrive n+> (where n = OD points). In the example picture, the skill would require at least 1000 Overdrive points before it can be used. When the Overdrive skill is used, it will consume all of the user's extra Overdrive points and provide bonus damage based on the extra Overdrive points used. The formula for extra damage is:
CODE
damage = original_damage * ( user's_total_OD_points / n )

Adjusting Overdrive Gain Rate by Skills
Spoiler:

You have the option to have skills increase the Overdrive Gauge more or less than normal. To do so, enter <od_gain_rate n%> (where n = a number) into the skill's "Notes" box. In the example picture, the skill would have a 200% increase in Overdrive points gained compared to normal.

Creating Overdrive Increasing Items & Skills
Spoiler:

To create items and skills that increase, decrease or drain Overdrive gauge points, go into the database, click on the Items/Skills tab, locate the item/skill you desire, and then enter <od_add n> (where n = a number) into the "Notes" text box. Do not include a percent sign (%) with this tag. In the example picture, the first tag would increase the target's Overdrive gauge by 150 points. The second tag would decrease the target's Overdrive gauge by 300 points.

++ Overdrive-related Script Commands ++
These commands are used in "Script" function in the third page of event commands under "Advanced". Do not include the asterisk (*).

Spoiler:

++List of Overdrive-related Script Commands++
Spoiler:
CODE
Important Terms:                                                              
ActorID = The ID number of the selected Actor in the database.          
Setting this to -1 will effect all actors.                            

enemy_index = The index number of the Enemy in the current troop        
where 0 is the first enemy and 7 is the last enemy (0-7).              
Setting this to -1 will effect all enemies in battle.                            

Increase = The amount of Overdrive points to increase or decrease.

DriveTypes = The drive types as seen below in the customization block  
"DEFAULT_ACTOR_DRIVE_TYPE". If this is omitted, it's reset to default.

VariableID = The ID number of a game variable in the database.

CODE
#_/  Increase OverDrive for an actor:
#_/   * gain_actor_od_gauge(ActorID, Increase)
#_/  
#_/  Increase OverDrive for an enemy:
#_/   * gain_enemy_od_gauge(enemy_index, Increase)
#_/
#_/  Copy an actor's current overdrive points into a game variable:
#_/   * get_actor_od_gauge(ActorID, VariableID)
#_/
#_/  Copy an enemy's current overdrive points into a game variable:
#_/   * get_enemy_od_gauge(enemy_index, VariableID)
#_/
#_/  Change an actor's maximum number of overdrive gauges:
#_/   * set_actor_od_gauge_number(ActorID, number)
#_/
#_/  Change an enemy's maximum number of overdrive gauges:
#_/   * set_enemy_od_gauge_number(enemy_index, number)
#_/
#_/  Returns true if the actor has a full Overdrive gauge:
#_/   * actor_od_gauge_max?(ActorID)
#_/
#_/  Returns true if the enemy has a full Overdrive gauge:
#_/   * enemy_od_gauge_max?(enemy_index)
#_/
#_/  Modify an actor's drive types:
#_/   * set_actor_drive_type(ActorID, [DriveTypes])
#_/
#_/  Modify an enemy's drive types:
#_/   * set_enemy_drive_type(enemy_index, [DriveTypes])

I will not do every script command listed here, but I will explain the ones I think are most important to know and understand:

In this example picture, this script command would increase Actor ID 1's (Ralph) Overdrive gauge by 500 points. You can also use a negative number to decrease Overdrive points.

In this example picture, this script command would increase Actor ID 1's (Ralph) maximum number of Overdrive gauges to 3. This command is useful for when you want to change the total number Overdrive gauges an actor can have in the middle of a game.

It's important to remember that whenever a script command asks for an actor ID or enemy_index, you can use the value -1 to have the script command affect all actors or all enemies in a troop.

Compatibility
Tankentai SBS - Place this script below the core sideview scripts or else your Overdrive skills will not consume Overdrive gauges.

FAQ

Why aren't my Overdrive gauges showing?! Why, why, WAHHHH!!!
Spoiler:
Calm the fuck down!!

First of all, make sure your KGC_Overdrive script is updated to the latest version as found in this topic. By default, gauges should show up.

A common reason why Overdrive gauges don't show is because people don't read the configurations in the script. In the configuration section of KGC_Overdrive, make sure HIDE_GAUGE_NO_OD_SKILLS = false and not true. This will allow gauges to show on actors even if they don't have Overdrive skills learned.

How can I have custom gauge graphics for Overdrive gauges?
Spoiler:
Custom gauge graphics are now handled by KGC_GenericGauge. Please see the KGC_GenericGauge topic for more information and for gauge graphics.

Generic gauge options for Overdrive gauges can be found within the customization section of KGC_Overdrive:
CODE
  # ◆ KGC_GenericGauge Settings
  #  These gauge settings only apply when KGC_GenericGauge is installed
  #  true : Use GenericGauge image
  #  false : Do not use generic gauge image
  ENABLE_GENERIC_GAUGE = true
  # ◆ Overdrive Gauge Image Settings
  #    Images must be placed in the Graphics/System folder in your project.
  GAUGE_IMAGE     = "GaugeOD"       # Normal Gauge Image
  GAUGE_MAX_IMAGE = "GaugeODMax"    # Maximum Gauge Image
  GAUGE_OFFSET    = [-23, -2]       # Position Offset[x, y]
  GAUGE_LENGTH    = -4              # Length Correction
  GAUGE_SLOPE     = 30              # Gauge slant in degrees (-89 ~ 89)

Why aren't my Overdrive gauges being consumed when I use Overdrive skills?
Spoiler:
Due to some significant methods that KGC_Overdrive aliases, it is important that you place KGC_Overdrive below most of your scripts in your script list.

If you are using the Tankentai SBS, KGC_Overdrive needs to be placed below the core sideview scripts at least.

Terms and Conditions
http://ytomy.sakura.ne.jp/tkool/rpgtech/rules.html
Editing and modifying the script is okay. Just don't say you made it all yourself.
Permission to use is not necessary.
Copyright information/documentation for KGC scripts is not necessary.

--------------------
I no longer support Tankentai.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

markcung
post Jul 14 2011, 01:10 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

You Nice!
Let me test and tell something error for you if that happens

+Quote Post

flipsomel
post Jul 15 2011, 06:52 PM
Post #3

L. Khaos
Group Icon

Thank you for this updates on the KGC scripts!

--------------------

+Quote Post

SoujiZeta
post Jul 19 2011, 11:50 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

Alignment: True Neutral

Hi Mr. Bubble, i have this "Overdrive Skills", But i can not use the skills, Not Even if i have the overdrive gauge full, i will leave you the script i have related overdrive.

--------------------
THE LAW IS ABSOLUTE!!!

+Quote Post

flipsomel
post Jul 19 2011, 01:08 PM
Post #5

L. Khaos
Group Icon

@SoujiZeta

I don't know what the neo overdrive scripts are, Neo is usually the tag of woratana scripts but i don't remember an overdrive one made by him.

My best bet would be to remove those scripts, most likely they are causing interference with each other.

Either use the one on this topic or the other you already have.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Kaimi
post Jul 19 2011, 03:15 PM
Post #6

RPGMakerVX.net's official Seranille lover
Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Lawful Good

@flipsomel: I recall seeing Neo Overdrive in Phlim's demo (the one with altered windows) and it have KGC Overdrive and Woratana's gauges; SoujiZeta must be thinking of this script.

--------------------

Thanks to Kaviator for the signature

My resources
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Zanzetuken
post Aug 1 2011, 12:51 AM
Post #7

Group Icon

If pasting the script in your script editor results in the code appearing all on one line, simply download the txt file onto your hard drive and copy it from Notepad.

I realize I'm making this post a bit later than what most would like to see, but I can't seem to get the script to not appear on one line. I tried getting the script into a notepad file and then putting it into the game, but the entire things still appears on one line. Any solutions? Or is my computer just being weird?

+Quote Post

Mr. Bubble
post Aug 1 2011, 07:45 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

QUOTE (Zanzetuken @ Jul 31 2011, 05:51 PM) *
I realize I'm making this post a bit later than what most would like to see, but I can't seem to get the script to not appear on one line. I tried getting the script into a notepad file and then putting it into the game, but the entire things still appears on one line. Any solutions? Or is my computer just being weird?

My only other suggestion is to open the txt file in a web browser like Chrome or Firefox, copy it from the browser, and see if the one-line thing is fixed from there.

--------------------

+Quote Post

EvilEagles
post Aug 1 2011, 12:01 PM
Post #9

Viva La Revolución!
Group Icon

Type: Designer

There's a graphic-based version of KGC_Overdrive, isn't there?.

+Quote Post

Mr. Bubble
post Aug 1 2011, 04:01 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

QUOTE (EvilEagles @ Aug 1 2011, 05:01 AM) *
There's a graphic-based version of KGC_Overdrive, isn't there?.

Wow, you did not read the first post at all.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Zanzetuken
post Aug 1 2011, 10:44 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

My only other suggestion is to open the txt file in a web browser like Chrome or Firefox, copy it from the browser, and see if the one-line thing is fixed from there.

Opened it in Chrome and it worked! Thanks. I've had that problem before, never knew how to fix it.

+Quote Post

silversnake
post Sep 12 2011, 02:39 AM
Post #12

Group Icon

Awesome script works great!

--------------------
My Game
I support

+Quote Post

Myrmidon
post Sep 14 2011, 10:22 AM
Post #13

Group Icon

Type: Artist
Alignment: True Neutral

Edit: How come I can still use my overdrive skills even though my overdrive bar isn't filled at all?

This post has been edited by Myrmidon: Sep 25 2011, 08:29 PM

+Quote Post

roleplayingguy
post Sep 24 2011, 10:38 PM
Post #14

Character Designer
Group Icon

Type: Artist

Is there a way to make skills fill the gauge separately for separate combos? For example, Fire fills Gauge 1 and then I can use Fira. Gauge 2 is filled by Fira and then I can use Firaga. If by using another skill, Blizzard for example, if somewhere along the line I use Blizzard, it kills the fire combo (resetting the gauges to 0) but then gets points back starting an ice combo. Is there a way to edit the script to do that?

+Quote Post

SortaCool
post Nov 3 2011, 09:39 AM
Post #15

Group Icon

Why aren't my Overdrive gauges being consumed when I use Overdrive skills?
Spoiler:
Due to some significant methods that KGC_Overdrive aliases, it is important that you place KGC_Overdrive below most of your scripts in your script list.

If you are using the Tankentai SBS, KGC_Overdrive needs to be placed below the core sideview scripts at least.

About thay thing above. I tried to put the OVERDRIVE script to the most bottom part of my Materials section, still it won't consume. HELPP!!!! PM ME?

--------------------
----Rune Crystal Series Maker (many Rune Crystal game have been failed maybe 2 or 3, need to make a new one and I'm making it)

I DEVOTED MYSELF TO SUPPORT THIS GAME!!

+Quote Post

Mr. Bubble
post Nov 3 2011, 10:11 AM
Post #16

Group Icon

QUOTE (SortaCool @ Nov 3 2011, 02:39 AM) *
About thay thing above. I tried to put the OVERDRIVE script to the most bottom part of my Materials section, still it won't consume. HELPP!!!! PM ME?

Firstly, did you save your project before going into battle test?

Second, it's possible another script you're using is messing the OD script up.

--------------------

+Quote Post

zitser of darkne...
post Nov 3 2011, 01:45 PM
Post #17

Godlike Overlord of all HUD and Scriptlets of Divine +12
Group Icon

Type: Coder
Alignment: Chaotic Good

if you dude can make this awesome script more awesome by adding state controlled od gain rate i would be best happy... as of now i am brainstorming how can i prevent an actor from gaining an overdrive after using his or her ultimate OD like in Riviera's "Shattered Drive" thing.... it doesnt have it to be graphically shattered it just make a state turn gain raite to 0% flat regardless skill's tag

--------------------

+Quote Post

Mr. Bubble
post Nov 3 2011, 01:52 PM
Post #18

Group Icon

QUOTE (zitser of darkness @ Nov 3 2011, 06:45 AM) *
if you dude can make this awesome script more awesome by adding state controlled od gain rate i would be best happy... as of now i am brainstorming how can i prevent an actor from gaining an overdrive after using his or her ultimate OD like in Riviera's "Shattered Drive" thing.... it doesnt have it to be graphically shattered it just make a state turn gain raite to 0% flat regardless skill's tag

Very easy, but I won't be able to code anything until this weekend.

--------------------

+Quote Post

SortaCool
post Nov 4 2011, 12:27 PM
Post #19

Group Icon

QUOTE (Mr. Bubble @ Nov 3 2011, 06:11 PM) *
Firstly, did you save your project before going into battle test?

Second, it's possible another script you're using is messing the OD script up.

Well here are my scripts:
Minimap
Generic Gauge
Follow Party
Categorize Items
Ask Fullscreen
Side view(by Elemental Crisis)
Then Overdrive ^^
what seems to be the problem doc?

--------------------
----Rune Crystal Series Maker (many Rune Crystal game have been failed maybe 2 or 3, need to make a new one and I'm making it)

I DEVOTED MYSELF TO SUPPORT THIS GAME!!

+Quote Post

zitser of darkne...
post Nov 4 2011, 12:38 PM
Post #20

Godlike Overlord of all HUD and Scriptlets of Divine +12
Group Icon

Type: Coder
Alignment: Chaotic Good

QUOTE (SortaCool @ Nov 4 2011, 01:27 PM) *
Well here are my scripts:
Minimap
Generic Gauge
Follow Party
Categorize Items
Ask Fullscreen
Side view(by Elemental Crisis)
Then Overdrive ^^
what seems to be the problem doc?

ill say that the prob might be from sideview... as for my knowledge Tankentai is easy to compatible with overdrive but not all SBS is compatible with it... now for the tuff question... does your SBS overwrites the method calc_mp_cost(skill) in anyway? say for example, adds a new way to consume MP? if so then thats the problem... because if that SBS cant implement the consume_od_gauge from KGC then they are most likely incompatible no matter you add it...

to enumerate it,

++ is no issues
+- some issues
-- incompatible

Generic Gague + OD = Graphic Enhancement(++)
Follow Party + OD = no effect on the base script(++)
categorize item + OD = no effect since they are both KGC and has different function(++)
Ask Fullscreen + OD = ask fullscreen is a system enhancement and OD is a battle enhancement(++)
sideview + OD = as stated above(+-)

so please read the core script from your SBS and tell me if there is a part where it implements the consume_od_gauge
near the calc_mp_cost

---------------------

as suspected... i downloaded the same SBS and studied it... what i see is that the execute_action_skill isnt properly aliased so technically the Od script is kinda killed...

if you want to fix it by yourself then do this...

sue CTRL+F and input this execute_action_skill

then at the bottom try to add this
consume_od_gauge

that way the OD gauge will be consumed...

This post has been edited by zitser of darkness: Nov 4 2011, 12:45 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd September 2014 - 05:20 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.