iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Astrology anyone?, Talking about your astrology in this topic.
Dragon Mage2011
post Jun 28 2011, 01:05 AM
Post #1

Helper
Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed
Alignment: True Neutral

What's your zodiac? I'm a Scorpio. Any questions?

--------------------
Random quotes:
"The future is uncertain but the end is always near."
— Jim Morrison
"No one here gets out alive."
— Jim Morrison
"Death makes angels of us all and gives us wings where we had shoulders round as ravens claws."
— Jim Morrison

YEEEEEEAH!

I'm 100% Scorpio, and be proud of it if you are one.

Supporting

Personality:

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

GuitaristWill
post Jul 1 2011, 05:18 AM
Post #2

Tenacious Dragons
Group Icon

Type: Musician
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

hahaha...well i was born Aries and now i'm apparently Pisces. but i don't think the new change in signs counts for people born before last year. at least i hope i'm not wrong...

--------------------
If you can't laugh at yourself, then what can ya laugh at?

Ignorance is a poison that intoxicates the hearts of too many people, same with chronicassholeflergerdiddlyosis syndrome, or caflergy for short hahaha

+Quote Post

Dragon Mage2011
post Jul 1 2011, 06:30 AM
Post #3

Helper
Group Icon

QUOTE (GuitaristWill @ Jun 30 2011, 11:18 PM) *
hahaha...well i was born Aries and now i'm apparently Pisces. but i don't think the new change in signs counts for people born before last year. at least i hope i'm not wrong...

That's only if you believe in the 13th zodiac sign Ophiuchus. But, your officially Aries.

This post has been edited by Dragon Mage2011: Jul 1 2011, 06:32 AM

--------------------
Random quotes:
— Jim Morrison
— Jim Morrison
"Death makes angels of us all and gives us wings where we had shoulders round as ravens claws."
— Jim Morrison

YEEEEEEAH!

Supporting

Personality:

+Quote Post

GuitaristWill
post Jul 1 2011, 07:08 AM
Post #4

Tenacious Dragons
Group Icon

QUOTE (Dragon Mage2011 @ Jul 1 2011, 12:30 AM) *
That's only if you believe in the 13th zodiac sign Ophiuchus. But, your officially Aries.

yeah i figured that lol. so, liking the site so far? i noticed you been posting around lately so i thought i'd give ya some advice...(if you wanna know, then read the spoiler)
Spoiler:
just try to be careful where you make posts and topics and stuff. i'm not mentioning anything in particular but i've just noticed some "discrepancies" with some of the posts and topics i've seen kicking around this site. always try to research your problem before asking for it. it annoys the admins and mods big time seeing the same stuff repeated over again, plus it makes you look like a fool. also, just try to be careful what you post in topics. make sure the post actually helps with what a person might be asking for and just make it appropriate. what i mean by that is, for example, if someone asks for a recolour of their sprites, don't point them in the direction of a sprite generator or w/e lol. if they ask for a recolour, then they want someone to edit it using software like mspaint photoshop, gimp, etc. to change the color, not a completely new sprite. so that calls for people with a really good paint talent. know what i mean by all this? i'm just trying to help you out. i don't like seeing mods in the forums coming across as pricks just because people don't understand how the forums work. i'm still learning a bit myself too. i've made a few errors in posting but nothing too ridiculous. just be careful, watch out, ya know...be self-conscious of what you post in regards to what it's for.
read this one next
Spoiler:
i know i'm off topic saying all this. but i figure this is easier than messaging people

--------------------

Ignorance is a poison that intoxicates the hearts of too many people, same with chronicassholeflergerdiddlyosis syndrome, or caflergy for short hahaha

+Quote Post

Dragon Mage2011
post Jul 1 2011, 06:47 PM
Post #5

Helper
Group Icon

QUOTE (GuitaristWill @ Jul 1 2011, 12:08 AM) *
yeah i figured that lol. so, liking the site so far? i noticed you been posting around lately so i thought i'd give ya some advice...(if you wanna know, then read the spoiler)
Spoiler:
just try to be careful where you make posts and topics and stuff. i'm not mentioning anything in particular but i've just noticed some "discrepancies" with some of the posts and topics i've seen kicking around this site. always try to research your problem before asking for it. it annoys the admins and mods big time seeing the same stuff repeated over again, plus it makes you look like a fool. also, just try to be careful what you post in topics. make sure the post actually helps with what a person might be asking for and just make it appropriate. what i mean by that is, for example, if someone asks for a recolour of their sprites, don't point them in the direction of a sprite generator or w/e lol. if they ask for a recolour, then they want someone to edit it using software like mspaint photoshop, gimp, etc. to change the color, not a completely new sprite. so that calls for people with a really good paint talent. know what i mean by all this? i'm just trying to help you out. i don't like seeing mods in the forums coming across as pricks just because people don't understand how the forums work. i'm still learning a bit myself too. i've made a few errors in posting but nothing too ridiculous. just be careful, watch out, ya know...be self-conscious of what you post in regards to what it's for.
read this one next
Spoiler:
i know i'm off topic saying all this. but i figure this is easier than messaging people

Thanks, I'll try to be careful next time.

--------------------
Random quotes:
— Jim Morrison
— Jim Morrison
— Jim Morrison

YEEEEEEAH!

Supporting

Personality:

+Quote Post

Dragon Mage2011
post Jul 1 2011, 06:57 PM
Post #6

Helper
Group Icon

QUOTE (Dragon Mage2011 @ Jun 30 2011, 11:30 PM) *

Oh, here are some charts about it:
Link #1: http://www.astro.com/astrology/in_signs_e.htm
Link #2: http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/01/13/horosc...s-zodiac-signs/
If you do not get what the hell link #1 means, just ask.
Example of Link #1: Cardinals can get along with other cardinals( such as Aries, Cancer, Libra and Capricorn. Or Aries+Libra=good and Cancer+Capricorn=good.).

No double posting.

This post has been edited by Jasonicus Prime: Jul 4 2011, 05:16 PM

--------------------
Random quotes:
— Jim Morrison
— Jim Morrison
— Jim Morrison

YEEEEEEAH!

Supporting

Personality:

+Quote Post

BigEd781
post Jul 1 2011, 08:58 PM
Post #7

No method: 'stupid_title' found for 'nil:NilClass`
Group Icon

Type: Coder
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Anyone who believes that the position of the stars has an affect on their life or personality is a complete moron. My $.02

--------------------
My blog - It's awesome, I assure you
While sloppy writing does not invariably mean sloppy thinking, we've generally found the correlation to be strong -- and we have no use for sloppy thinkers. If you can't yet write competently, learn to. - Eric Raymond

---
My awards for being so awesome
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

GuitaristWill
post Jul 1 2011, 10:18 PM
Post #8

Tenacious Dragons
Group Icon

QUOTE (BigEd781 @ Jul 1 2011, 02:58 PM) *
Anyone who believes that the position of the stars has an affect on their life or personality is a complete moron. My $.02

agreed. i know about the signs and it's fun as an imagination but nothing more. there's no way that the "position of the stars" can have an effect on who you become. i know another person with the exact same birthday and year and our personalities are nothing alike. my best friend who's a lot like me is actually a capricorn, so all this astro stuff really is nonsense. just something to keep people busy and for "zodiac experts" to make money wink.gif

but also astrology can be considered as a religion too. it has its believers and non-believers. people that believe the stories it tells, or more, use them as a "guideline" in life. much like christianity or catholicism have that effect on others. it's something for people to base beliefs off of.

Edit: so to say that people are morons if they believe astrology affects their lives really is a one-sided opinion and a false accusation nonetheless. i can say that about christians, but i have met a few of them that are actually really cool people. you can't even tell that they are christians. they know i smoke weed and still treat me with respect. so technically i can't say christians are morons, because it's inconsistent how many of them are morons or not. a lot of people that believe in nothing are some of the most jerks but also some of the nicest people as well

This post has been edited by GuitaristWill: Jul 1 2011, 10:23 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Dragon Mage2011
post Jul 1 2011, 10:24 PM
Post #9

Helper
Group Icon

QUOTE (BigEd781 @ Jul 1 2011, 01:58 PM) *

You mean Ophiuchus?

--------------------
Random quotes:
— Jim Morrison
— Jim Morrison
— Jim Morrison

YEEEEEEAH!

Supporting

Personality:

+Quote Post

GuitaristWill
post Jul 2 2011, 12:27 AM
Post #10

Tenacious Dragons
Group Icon

no he just means astrology in general. and so do i lol

--------------------

+Quote Post

Astel
post Jul 3 2011, 02:48 AM
Post #11

Elitists of the world, beware.
Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

I don't believe 100% in astrology, yet i can't dismiss it completly either.

Pisces Strength
- Compassionate
- Adaptable
- Accepting
- Devoted
- Imaginative

Pisces Weakness
- Oversensitive
- Indecisive
- Self-pitying
- Lazy
- Escapist

It's so much like me that it's hard to believe in a coincidence.

--------------------
Under Construction

+Quote Post

Dragon Mage2011
post Jul 3 2011, 06:04 AM
Post #12

Helper
Group Icon

Look at this astrology website I found on the internet: http://www.astrology.com/horoscopes?tag=as...horoscopes%3AMH
If you don't believe in it, don't even give a damn, sorry for my mouth.

This post has been edited by Dragon Mage2011: Jul 3 2011, 06:06 AM

--------------------
Random quotes:
— Jim Morrison
— Jim Morrison
— Jim Morrison

YEEEEEEAH!

Supporting

Personality:

+Quote Post

Kilravok
post Jul 4 2011, 04:29 AM
Post #13

Group Icon

As the opposers to the 'new zodiac' say (http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/01/14/astrologers-get-their-say-in-the-horoscope-hubbub/) , The western Zodiac is based on climate conditions, not on star positions. And taking the fact that weather affects the hormone levels in one's body and a mother's hormones affect the development of an unborn child, yes, there is a little bit of truth about zodiac based character archetyping. However, the zodiac interpretations are increasingly inaccurate with changing climate and dependend on tropospherical location......the zodiac interpretations on the southern hemnisphere would be the polar opposite toi the interpretations on the northern.

I can say for myself that I fit to most part the description of Saggitaurian. Am not sure if the new zodiac sign fits to me. It could, since i nearly had gone into medicine, like most of my imediate family, but didn't mannage to get a study position, so i went into craft instead. But on the other hand, I know my mother had the labour initiated with drugs so that she'd not have to stay in hospital over christmas, so i should have been born later and should thus follow the later sign....meh...who cares

+Quote Post

BigEd781
post Jul 4 2011, 04:50 AM
Post #14

No method: 'stupid_title' found for 'nil:NilClass`
Group Icon

Type: Coder
Alignment: Chaotic Good

QUOTE (GuitaristWill @ Jul 1 2011, 03:18 PM) *
Edit: so to say that people are morons if they believe astrology affects their lives really is a one-sided opinion and a false accusation nonetheless. i can say that about christians, but i have met a few of them that are actually really cool people. you can't even tell that they are christians. they know i smoke weed and still treat me with respect. so technically i can't say christians are morons, because it's inconsistent how many of them are morons or not. a lot of people that believe in nothing are some of the most jerks but also some of the nicest people as well

There are plenty of morons out there who are very nice, and you're wrong to say that I would say the same for Christians. I wouldn't. Hell, Einstein had deep faith and I can't say I compare to him on the ole' IQ scale. But also realize that Christianity is based on some events that really did happen and that we have evidence for. Not the mystical stuff obviously, but we know Jesus existed and we know that some events described in the Bible occurred as well.

Truthfully though, you're right; you can't just write off anyone who likes this stuff as a moron. I was being overly aggressive purposefully, and sweeping generalizations like that are almost never true. That said, it's a load of BS. I'll take science thank you. Point me to some real, unbiased, scientific studies of astrology and I will be happy to read them.

--------------------
My blog - It's awesome, I assure you
While sloppy writing does not invariably mean sloppy thinking, we've generally found the correlation to be strong -- and we have no use for sloppy thinkers. If you can't yet write competently, learn to. - Eric Raymond

---
My awards for being so awesome
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Celianna
post Jul 4 2011, 06:47 PM
Post #15

Group Icon

Type: Artist

^ Let's not try to bring religion in here, you know how those threads can get, BigEd.

As for Astrology, it's actually quite a lot of fun to read about, kind of like mythology. They use broad and generic terms to describe a zodiac, so that anyone can see themselves in it. For example, my zodiac, Aquarius, is usually described as a creative, intellectual and eccentric sign. Sure, I can see some of myself in it, but they're very generic terms that anyone can relate to.

Case in point; in my high school I shared a class with two other girls who were also both Aquarius. I was born on February 11th, the other two the 9th and 13th respectively, very close together. Sure, we could be called creative (though I was the most out of the three), intellectual ... not so much, a little bit eccentric maybe. Even so, our personalities were like night and day. I'm quiet, but very opinionated and outspoken when I feel like it, I don't take shit from anyone. The other girl was very insecure about herself, and was almost like a doormat. The last girl was very friendly, and a bit of a manipulator, everyone liked being around her. All three of us had long term relationships as well (something that contradicts the Aquarius sign as they're supposed to be afraid of commitment, and we were all very loyal to our boyfriends).

So yeah, astrology is fun to read about. Not to be taken seriously.

+Quote Post

Soruve
post Jul 4 2011, 09:19 PM
Post #16

Inactive, but still here.
Group Icon

Type: Artist

QUOTE (GuitaristWill @ Jun 30 2011, 11:18 PM) *

The zodiac sun signs are based on which constellation the sun is in each month or so. I guess the reason for the change is because astrologers finally decided to address the Precession of the Equinoxes despite it being well known for quite some time (even the ancients knew about it). The earth's polar axis wobbles like a top, which causes our perception of star positions to shift relative to the sun. For example, around 12000 BCE, Vega was actually our north star, not Polaris. This wobble is about 2200 years per zodiac sign (~26000 for a full cycle). Considering astrology has been around for a long time, when it was first conceived the sun was in Pieces in ~March and in Aries in ~April. However for quite some time, (I'm talking centuries here) the sun was in the constellation Pieces in ~April and Aquarius in ~March. That's right, for CENTURIES, we've been off on our zodiac signs. ;)

Whether or not you are Pieces or Aries... well, it depends on if you want to believe in the astronomical zodiac that's based on where the sun is relative to the stars in a given year or the astrological zodiac which is based on the spiritual energy and whatnot. Personally, I believe in the astronomical, so I consider myself a Pieces instead of an Aries because the sun was positioned among Pieces when I was born. :)

QUOTE ("Dragon Mage2011")

Funny thing about Ophiuchus, apparently only the foot of the constellation is among the ecliptic (which all zodiac constellations fall under). If you look at a constellation chart, the foot is right next to Scorpio, almost colliding with it. And seriously, if we're going to include Ophiuchus, might as well include all the constellations that have portions of it among the ecliptic. :x Yeah, I think the 13th zodiac is fun for stories and whatnot, but I too am having trouble wrapping my head around Ophiuchus being included. Though, I think in other cultures, there may be more or less constellations among the ecliptic, but I'm not sure.

@Celianna: I totally agree with you. It's fun, but not to be taken seriously. The traits are so broad and versatile that it can fit nearly anyone, even people NOT born under that zodiac sign. My friend was really into astrology, she even bought a book that described your zodiac personality trait by the day you were born in. It's as broad as you'd think it would be, but it was interesting to read.

--------------------

(Added "new" content as of Jan. 1st 2012)

2008-10 ReStaff Archive
Two Years of hard work providing resources for the community from our ReStaff team. <3
All compiled together in one place.

2011 Restaff Compilation
Another year of hard work from the Restaff team!

+Quote Post

Dragon Mage2011
post Jul 4 2011, 10:59 PM
Post #17

Helper
Group Icon

QUOTE (Soruve @ Jul 4 2011, 02:19 PM) *
Funny thing about Ophiuchus, apparently only the foot of the constellation is among the ecliptic (which all zodiac constellations fall under). If you look at a constellation chart, the foot is right next to Scorpio, almost colliding with it. And seriously, if we're going to include Ophiuchus, might as well include all the constellations that have portions of it among the ecliptic. :x Yeah, I think the 13th zodiac is fun for stories and whatnot, but I too am having trouble wrapping my head around Ophiuchus being included. Though, I think in other cultures, there may be more or less constellations among the ecliptic, but I'm not sure.

I knew that, well I have found a link to an example of it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ophiuchus
I have found the astrology symbol of Ophiuchus blink.gif : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ophiuchus_%28astrology%29
Well, thanks to Wikipedia for the links. dry.gif
Oh, I forgot that this topic is not about a religion like Christianity, I was asking you what astrology/zodiac sign were you?

--------------------
Random quotes:
— Jim Morrison
— Jim Morrison
— Jim Morrison

YEEEEEEAH!

Supporting

Personality:

+Quote Post

GuitaristWill
post Jul 13 2011, 06:43 PM
Post #18

Tenacious Dragons
Group Icon

QUOTE (BigEd781 @ Jul 3 2011, 10:50 PM) *
There are plenty of morons out there who are very nice, and you're wrong to say that I would say the same for Christians. I wouldn't. Hell, Einstein had deep faith and I can't say I compare to him on the ole' IQ scale. But also realize that Christianity is based on some events that really did happen and that we have evidence for. Not the mystical stuff obviously, but we know Jesus existed and we know that some events described in the Bible occurred as well.

Truthfully though, you're right; you can't just write off anyone who likes this stuff as a moron. I was being overly aggressive purposefully, and sweeping generalizations like that are almost never true. That said, it's a load of BS. I'll take science thank you. Point me to some real, unbiased, scientific studies of astrology and I will be happy to read them.

actually as a matter of fact i didn't even say that you would say the same about christians. i was just using them as an example on myself. i didn't make assumptions or anything. sorry for bringing religion in, i didn't mean anything against it, just using it as an example for comparison. and i agree with you too, science is a lot more simple and straight forward. but i'm neither an all-science guy, or religious, or spiritual, but i like to believe in a little bit of everything. sure, i can see that there's a God, and yeah, and even ghosts too, and the whole big bang theory and the rest of all those science studies. but i'm not 100% in any direction. i just make my beliefs to what i see as possible.

if you're really into science, you could say that aliens are our gods. science proves that aliens brought civilization to our race and mankind has been genetically altered in the past. i won't go in more detail but that's the basic outline. i'm not saying i'm a full believer but i'm not dismissing it either. it could be possible, or it might not be. i didn't mean to argue with you Ed, but i just felt like defending the kid here, you seemed to have come across pretty harsh at the time. i just never like hearing those "sweeping generalizations" i'm a firm believer in not judging a person or group of people before even saying hi to them.

Edit: unless of course that group of people have weapons and/or they're committing a violent crime haha. i try to avoid those guys

This post has been edited by GuitaristWill: Jul 13 2011, 06:46 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Dragon Mage2011
post Jul 18 2011, 04:06 AM
Post #19

Helper
Group Icon

QUOTE (GuitaristWill @ Jul 13 2011, 11:43 AM) *
actually as a matter of fact i didn't even say that you would say the same about christians. i was just using them as an example on myself. i didn't make assumptions or anything. sorry for bringing religion in, i didn't mean anything against it, just using it as an example for comparison. and i agree with you too, science is a lot more simple and straight forward. but i'm neither an all-science guy, or religious, or spiritual, but i like to believe in a little bit of everything. sure, i can see that there's a God, and yeah, and even ghosts too, and the whole big bang theory and the rest of all those science studies. but i'm not 100% in any direction. i just make my beliefs to what i see as possible.

if you're really into science, you could say that aliens are our gods. science proves that aliens brought civilization to our race and mankind has been genetically altered in the past. i won't go in more detail but that's the basic outline. i'm not saying i'm a full believer but i'm not dismissing it either. it could be possible, or it might not be. i didn't mean to argue with you Ed, but i just felt like defending the kid here, you seemed to have come across pretty harsh at the time. i just never like hearing those "sweeping generalizations" i'm a firm believer in not judging a person or group of people before even saying hi to them.

Edit: unless of course that group of people have weapons and/or they're committing a violent crime haha. i try to avoid those guys

Thanks GuitaristWill, I thought this would go into a complete internet riot but, when I saw what you lately posted, I had to read it. Thanks for protecting me. Heck, maybe out there could be aliens. Oh well, screw it, let's just continue on what where talking about RPG stuff.

--------------------
Random quotes:
— Jim Morrison
— Jim Morrison
— Jim Morrison

YEEEEEEAH!

Supporting

Personality:

+Quote Post

Dragon Mage2011
post Jul 24 2011, 03:21 AM
Post #20

Helper
Group Icon

News on this topic: It was just recently a hot topic!
Almost 300 views!

--------------------
Random quotes:
— Jim Morrison
— Jim Morrison
— Jim Morrison

YEEEEEEAH!

Supporting

Personality:

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd September 2014 - 06:00 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.