iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

The 2nd Quarter Contest has arrived! Go check it out in the Community Announcements now!
4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Final Fantasy 8, Discussion of a classic
Retired-Pine
post Oct 2 2011, 07:30 PM
Post #61

Not a democracy
Group Icon

Type: Spriter
Alignment: Lawful Evil

My favorite part of FFVIII was the epilogue. The whole game went bumpy, sometimes overly forced and weird as hell at most times. Specially in discs 2-3. But the whole story of Rinoa and Squall was one that I enjoyed following, therefore the epilogue is amazing as a finishing touch for the game.

--------------------

Spoiler:

Awards
Spoiler:

Games I support [under construction]
Spoiler:

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

ShinGamix
post Oct 2 2011, 07:42 PM
Post #62

...now loading...
Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Unaligned

FF8 is a total meltdown of the series and the ONLY thing good to come out of it was Tetra Master. As you can see in the later installment any of the new things added into FF8 were pretty much forgotten. For some strange reason I like Moomba though. The draw system..not used again. The neo-metro-political crap was boring and I hate the graphics and storyline. Give me FF6 or FFIX any day, but you couldn't pay me 100 bucks to play it. A waste of 200 million dollars (I believe that was the budget of FF8 if I remember correctly).

--------------------
The Maker of Battle Dungeons!!

+Quote Post

Radscythe
post Oct 2 2011, 08:20 PM
Post #63

Waiting for life to pass him by.
Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Neutral Good

Besides FF9, FF8 is my favorite Final Fantasy, and Squall is by far my favorite character in any of the games.

So I'm part of the minority xD (although I know many ppl who liked Squall before calling him "emo" many years later)

I also enjoyed the relationship between Squall and Rinoa; Squall effectively doing one of my favorite video game plotpoints (by siding with Rinoa no matter what)

--------------------
The words that sprout of lies to our souls; if they bear fruit the lies disappear.

Games:
Spoiler:
My Stuff:

Award:
Spoiler:

I support:
Spoiler:

<<< Stare at this in awe.

+Quote Post

Ajaxexplorer
post Oct 10 2011, 02:17 AM
Post #64

Group Icon

FF8 had an incredible story until the end of disc 2. I love the gameplay however, Triple Triad was awesome. The game is possibly the easiest FF game, once you learn about refining items and cards, drawing magic isn't really needed. Not to mention the junction systemn is very easily exploitable.

+Quote Post

manat31790
post Oct 26 2011, 02:28 PM
Post #65

RPGPlayer
Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed

Played it recently up until I beat disc 3... then my save broke. Grr...

I like the cast overall, epecially Squall. The man has a great deal of development from an emo to a cool but caring guy (by the end of disc 2, at least). I also like Laguna. His idiocy just gets me.

For gameplay term, I really hate it when monsters gets really stronger as the team advances through levels. Sure, it's challenging, but for me, it prevents me from doing a full exploration and grinding like I do in Dragon Quest series. Some bosses are pathetic at low level, but are nightmare when I overtrain my team.

The junction system is a great idea, but drawing is not. It's tiring to get 100 spells by sitting through an hour being enemies' punchbag.

I don't play much Triple Triad. If there's any chance I get a "Random" rule, that's it, no more card game for me.

--------------------

+Quote Post

jesse120
post Apr 14 2012, 03:15 AM
Post #66

Master Eventer, Novice scripter, pathetic spriter
Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Good

How can you possibly make 14 games called Final Fantasy? If you make more than 1 the first is no longer the Final Fantasy!

--------------------
I might not post anything for a while, but I am still here, watching. You may not see me, but I see you.
Still taking event requests. Still watching topics. I will see comments to my posts and respond.
I will probably not update any of my scripts for a while.

I have not gone!!!

Spoiler:

Master eventer
Need an unusual event call me and i might be able to make it
ex vehicle, pet
search number
I do take event requests
search number 10519195120
Please don't put this number on any of your own posts or topics
note: the search number will be on any post I make to aid in searching by author. If I forget to put it on a topic please notify me.

I will try to check any posts/PMs around 7:30 AM, 3:00 PM, and after 6 PM most days (time in Pacific Time)

The ultimate video game

Legend of, Elder, Fear, of Fabled, Fallout, Call, of Modern, Gears, of Halo, Metal, Ghost, Assassin, Mass, Homicide, Fantasy, 5
That stands for
Legend of Zelda, Elder Scrolls, ?????, Fable, Fallout, Call of Duty, Modern Warfare, Gears of War, Halo, Metal Gears, Ghost Recon, Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, Auto Homicide, Final Fantasy, 5
Let me know if you want a game added to the list

If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, believe he is the only way to heaven, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.

+Quote Post

ShinGamix
post Apr 14 2012, 03:38 AM
Post #67

...now loading...
Group Icon

Alignment: Unaligned

Do you know the history of Final fantasy and also there have been a few more than 14 FF games.

--------------------
The Maker of Battle Dungeons!!

+Quote Post

BlackMuffin
post Apr 15 2012, 11:33 PM
Post #68

私は、日本語は話せません。
Group Icon

Type: Writer

QUOTE (jesse120 @ Apr 13 2012, 11:15 PM) *
How can you possibly make 14 games called Final Fantasy? If you make more than 1 the first is no longer the Final Fantasy!

That is a really interesting question. But then again, the title was always intended to be misleading, so we probably shouldn't pay much attention to that. OwO

--------------------
"People with Autism and other brain disorders are the most unfairly treated people in the world."- Dorian's World

Projects

+Quote Post

buddah
post May 16 2012, 01:21 PM
Post #69

Group Icon

make siefer re-join the party eventually thats the only change i'd make to this great game.

--------------------

Support me :
CODE
[url="http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=28313&st=0"][img]http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/134/5/f/Budah__s_Bag_of_Goodies_by_mikkoman123.png[/img]
[/url]

+Quote Post

NathanAdrian
post Oct 31 2012, 05:05 AM
Post #70

Group Icon

I Like to play play this game so many times,so

While Rinoa is being treated on Esthar's space station.

--------------------

+Quote Post

KamaKazeR
post Feb 8 2013, 06:39 AM
Post #71

The Machete King
Group Icon

Type: Musician

I love FF8's card game and I would always challenge every at it in the game because it was so fun.

--------------------
Need some useful utilities to use with your video game, music, or graphics? Here ya go
Having issue's with making Event's? Calling Videos in game? Cutscenes? Various Event's? Visit My Event Tutorials. Their All Video's i Made Myself.
Check out my music KamaKaze
And my brothers music, which I engineer most of myself Drastikk

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2014 - 01:58 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.