iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

The 2nd Quarter Contest has arrived! Go check it out in the Community Announcements now!
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dragon's Redemption: The Dark Judgement, Game Finished *Will Upload soon*
Character Favoritism
You do not have permission to view or vote in this poll.
XD465
post Jul 11 2011, 07:44 PM
Post #1

The Final Battle is Never The End
Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Hey, I'm back with a new and approved game that is still under the making. It's called Dragon's Redemption: The Dark Judgement.
Sequel to the earlier game, Dragon's Redemption. I have bios, since I'm not to good at summaries be easy on me on what it is, the story
is still in development but, as I get farther in the project the story will be very clear. Since this is project "development", the story and stuff
shouldn't be able to reach the guidelines yet, it will, when it's finished. Like I said, the story isn't finished.Well, here's the story, world, screenshots and characters.

STORY:
Spoiler:

WORLD:
Spoiler:
The Player starts out in Necronia
where the leader sends his group Nina and Ryu to investigate Taikomeru and on the other hand Sky is ordered to hopefully gather allies from the human world. Then the story will go on from there, the player will visit
many dangerous situations either through giant monsters or Taikomeru's Minions. There is no major focus in exp. As the player gets farther, the player will have to figure out many puzzles, tricks, riddles, and many other obstacles. And the player will also experience many unique ruins and temples, for example, an underwater temple, a temple that comes out from underground and a lot to come. The game will carry hints of anime as the player plays through. And if you don't think battles are enough there's also many minigames you can do on your own time. This game will use a time system so, it might lag.

CHARACTERS:

Spoiler:
Ryu リュウ
Spoiler:

Hot headed and completely ready to charge right through, it's Ryu. He's the older brother of Nina, who he
cares deeply about, blaming himself for whatever happens to her. He was born along with his sister, in a village called Croatia.
He might be very forgetful, but, he becomes a valuable ally in the cause.

Nina ニーナ
Spoiler:

A kind faithful girl who loves nothing but to help out her family, its Nina. She looks to her older brother,
Ryu. Along with Ryu, she was born in a village called Croatia. She realizes that Sky has some sort of affection for her
but, she plays along as if she doesn't know anything about it. Also, she was one the ones who was sent to investigate
Taikomeru. But, she too goes on the path towards Taikomeru with Sky and the others.

Sky スカイ
Spoiler:

The main character who is bold
and is always ready to do what he can to help the family, its Sky.
His origin and background has now been figured out, He
has an affection with Nina, but never decides to admit it. Taikomeru is
his uncle.Taikomeru killed Sky's father 8 years in the past. Sky
has never forgiven him for that.

Rikai and Tetsuhara 里カイ and テツ原
Spoiler:

The allies found in the human world, they seem to be very close. Taikomeru told them that they were in his way
so, he tried to take care of them so that they never interfere. Nina decides to pass a relic which bestows the user with power equal to that of one from the Yasunova.
They both play a role in the path towards Taikomeru.

Hikaru ヒカル
Spoiler:

Taikomeru's son and Sky's cousin. Poses as a bounty
hunter to hide his identity in front of Taikomeru's subordinates.
Has a deep friendship with Sky.

Taikomeru や私メル
Spoiler:

He looks for nothing but power and domination. He seeks to control the human world and Necronia so that he can make
them the way he wants them, but, to do that, he needs the power of Necross.

SCREENSHOTS:New Screenshots!!!
Rgangsta has updated me on some nice screenshots of the Waterfall Ruins Take A look.
Screenshots will now be categorized by locations.
Some might contain real spoilers. So, be careful.
Spoiler:

WaterFall Ruins
Spoiler:

VIDEOS [All videos relating to Dragon's Redemption]
Spoiler:

To let you all know, the caterpillar system is taken off.
I realize the story is a bit cliche, but, basically, all RPGs in some way, are cliche.
And I think my game is turning out pretty good, you can now revisit cities using a
world map using an item comment event to teleport the player to the middle of the map.
It's at least better than the last game. tongue.gif I hope you like it........
Also, my game includes a more diverse mix of battle bgms, because I hate hearing the same song over and over.

Support this project: Put this image link as the title of this page's url as an image
Link to image: http://i54.tinypic.com/dvj2xi.jpg
a lot of people know what to do. I really can't explain it myself at this point.

DEMO
Spoiler:

This demo just features just the WaterFall Ruins with the Troops fixed.
http://www.4shared.com/file/CVOcYya-/Drago...he_Dark_Ju.html?
You will probably want to sign up free on 4shared. I do not want to pay mediafire or megaupload for bigger uploads.
Signing up is free like I said. So, if you want this game, just take an extra step. I'm very sorry for the extra stuff.
Enjoy

Oh, and give a big thanks for rgangsta for joining Dragon's Redemption: The Dark Judgement. :Applause:

Here's a pic I put together for the game.

This post has been edited by XD465: Aug 6 2012, 06:23 PM

--------------------

My Quote: (And Advice) :D
Spoiler:
~Pay attention to the present, because that's what's happening, oops, you smacked your head on a bar.~

Come Here to My Website!

I support:

Spoiler:

My Projects:

Spoiler:

My AMVs
Spoiler:
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

M3lk0r
post Jul 13 2011, 01:31 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Type: Coder
Alignment: Chaotic Good

lol.....I'm the first giving comments, that's a very good job, you have spent a lot of time creating this, its a beautiful mapping technique and that menu look great, I'll tracking this topic, keep it up man, that's a great work, I'm waiting for your demo, don't worry we all know is very time consuming creating a game and this is a good one so I'll be waiting for the release.

--------------------
I support:

Spoiler:

+Quote Post

XD465
post Jul 13 2011, 08:10 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

QUOTE (M3lk0r @ Jul 13 2011, 01:31 PM) *
lol.....I'm the first giving comments, that's a very good job, you have spent a lot of time creating this, its a beautiful mapping technique and that menu look great, I'll tracking this topic, keep it up man, that's a great work, I'm waiting for your demo, don't worry we all know is very time consuming creating a game and this is a good one so I'll be waiting for the release.

Don't you worry the demo is on it's way as we speak! laugh.gif cool.gif biggrin.gif
UPDATE: It's here, the demo will be avaliable in the first post

This post has been edited by XD465: Jul 13 2011, 09:34 PM

--------------------

Spoiler:
~Pay attention to the present, because that's what's happening, oops, you smacked your head on a bar.~

Come Here to My Website!

I support:

Spoiler:

My Projects:

Spoiler:

My AMVs
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

adrien.
post Jul 13 2011, 09:29 PM
Post #4

Smells like Teen Suicide
Group Icon

Your sreen shots require WAY more detail. they seem too big, too open

--------------------
Click the spoiler to see my current project

Spoiler:

logo by: rgangsta | Look for game details come Fall 2011

+Quote Post

XD465
post Jul 13 2011, 11:21 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

QUOTE (adrien. @ Jul 13 2011, 09:29 PM) *
Your sreen shots require WAY more detail. they seem too big, too open

thats because they were taken directly off the 544x416 size screen,
what kind of detail do you mean, because if you have ideas, enlighten me.
screenshots give a small look at the games features and the maker's
mapping technique which mine has been improved by the way.
I don't think they need a pretty frame and heavy details,
just saying, but, it's okay, I can see that they are too close.
I'll space them apart. Is that good?

--------------------

Spoiler:

Come Here to My Website!

I support:

Spoiler:

My Projects:

Spoiler:

My AMVs
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Joelerz
post Jul 14 2011, 01:31 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

Type: Writer

Wow Your menu and faces look amazing!

--------------------

+Quote Post

XD465
post Jul 14 2011, 04:20 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

QUOTE (Joelerz @ Jul 14 2011, 01:31 PM) *
Wow Your menu and faces look amazing!

I didn't do the faces, Kaduki did. And for the menu, I used the Neo menu system and the munkis animated menu background.
But, I did make the custom hud graphic using the original as a base I needed the hud darker with a different style...
But, thanks anyway.

This post has been edited by XD465: Jul 14 2011, 04:31 PM

--------------------

Spoiler:

Come Here to My Website!

I support:

Spoiler:

My Projects:

Spoiler:

My AMVs
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

exodus1386
post Jul 14 2011, 04:56 PM
Post #8

Head of Arctic Fusion Games
Group Icon

Alignment: Neutral Good

ok first off i think this is a great start.

and what they mean by too big and not enough details is you have these maps with basically nothing on it. think about the real world. when you walk into a Forrest or a field of grass or cliffs what do you really see? you will see flowers, trees, etc. They also wont be all uniformed. What he was basically saying is the map needs to only be as big as it needs to be fore the stuff around it and what its being used for.

also the first screenshot with the mountains or cliffs or whatever it is, is really awkward for me. im not a mapper so i can't say how to fix it but it is flat out bad.

sorry for harsh criticism. i have been working on my game for about 3 years each time redoing this and that to get it where it is now. Just keep improving as you go. I would suggest asking for help with mapping or look at some tutorials to get it down better.

--------------------
Come see the new improved AFG Website! Arctic Fusion Games

I Support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

XD465
post Jul 14 2011, 05:09 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

QUOTE (exodus1386 @ Jul 14 2011, 04:56 PM) *
ok first off i think this is a great start.

and what they mean by too big and not enough details is you have these maps with basically nothing on it. think about the real world. when you walk into a Forrest or a field of grass or cliffs what do you really see? you will see flowers, trees, etc. They also wont be all uniformed. What he was basically saying is the map needs to only be as big as it needs to be fore the stuff around it and what its being used for.

also the first screenshot with the mountains or cliffs or whatever it is, is really awkward for me. im not a mapper so i can't say how to fix it but it is flat out bad.

sorry for harsh criticism. i have been working on my game for about 3 years each time redoing this and that to get it where it is now. Just keep improving as you go. I would suggest asking for help with mapping or look at some tutorials to get it down better.

Thanks for your advice, but, when you get playing, it should turn out nice, the human world isn't all that good on mapping. Just telling ya. If
maybe someone can maybe do a better job on the human world for me, that would be great, just to tell ya, I used SwapXT by BulletXT. So, you need
to have that to help with that map. If someone can also think they can do a better job on some of the maps, then take the demo and help me out.
I'm not the best, but, I can make pretty decent maps. Now that the base game demo is out, anyone can use it to help out with this game.

--------------------

Spoiler:

Come Here to My Website!

I support:

Spoiler:

My Projects:

Spoiler:

My AMVs
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

adrien.
post Jul 14 2011, 07:12 PM
Post #10

Smells like Teen Suicide
Group Icon

QUOTE (XD465 @ Jul 14 2011, 11:09 AM) *
Thanks for your advice, but, when you get playing, it should turn out nice, the human world isn't all that good on mapping. Just telling ya. If
maybe someone can maybe do a better job on the human world for me, that would be great, just to tell ya, I used SwapXT by BulletXT. So, you need
to have that to help with that map. If someone can also think they can do a better job on some of the maps, then take the demo and help me out.
I'm not the best, but, I can make pretty decent maps. Now that the base game demo is out, anyone can use it to help out with this game.

No buts, I dont care about when I get playing. I care about when i press new game, Are you using a script to capture your screens? you should, then take them into some kind of photo imaging software, Photoshop == win! and rape them with tiles makes sure to keep in mind the goal you are trying to achieve. I am a newbie at parallax mapping and I suk hard core, but we all have to start some where.

This post has been edited by adrien.: Jul 14 2011, 07:14 PM

--------------------

Spoiler:

+Quote Post

XD465
post Jul 14 2011, 07:17 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

QUOTE (adrien. @ Jul 14 2011, 07:12 PM) *
No buts, I dont care about when I get playing. I care about when i press new game, Are you using a script to capture your screens? you should, then take them into some kind of photo imaging software, Photoshop == win! and rape them with tiles makes sure to keep in mind the goal you are trying to achieve. I am a newbie at parallax mapping and I suk hard core, but we all have to start some where.

Now i get what you're saying, but, there's still the matter of passibility, and if u use events for all of the non passable tiles, like water or lava, your game will lag.

This post has been edited by XD465: Jul 15 2011, 04:05 AM

--------------------

Spoiler:

Come Here to My Website!

I support:

Spoiler:

My Projects:

Spoiler:

My AMVs
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

exodus1386
post Jul 15 2011, 09:13 AM
Post #12

Group Icon

if u paralax map its not events. and passibility is done by two tiles. look up a tutorial.

--------------------

I Support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

XD465
post Jul 15 2011, 02:12 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

QUOTE (exodus1386 @ Jul 15 2011, 09:13 AM) *
if u paralax map its not events. and passibility is done by two tiles. look up a tutorial.

I just think it'll be easier if i do it the original way, me mapping a map sheet on photoshop is harder than doing it in the beginning.
I don't see the point, but, that's just my opinion. Anyways, I think we're talking off topic, this topic should be about my game, not
to sound rude, of course.

--------------------

Spoiler:

Come Here to My Website!

I support:

Spoiler:

My Projects:

Spoiler:

My AMVs
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

exodus1386
post Jul 15 2011, 07:28 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

you can map the original way no one is making you change it i was just saying the cliffs look bad in the first screenshot and agree that the maps are a little barren. I was only trying to help, its your game do what you want.

--------------------

I Support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

XD465
post Jul 16 2011, 03:08 AM
Post #15

Group Icon

QUOTE (exodus1386 @ Jul 15 2011, 07:28 PM) *
you can map the original way no one is making you change it i was just saying the cliffs look bad in the first screenshot and agree that the maps are a little barren. I was only trying to help, its your game do what you want.

Sorry if i sounded rude, maybe I'll try adding rounded cliffs. You can always play the demo and maybe help out there, if u
know how to use parallex (sorry if i mispelled that) then could you please help me with rounded cliffs. Maps are the only things that
worry me most. (Because that's what critics first look at in a game.) If you can't, that's fine by me. You don't have to, you just seem to
know what you're talking about.

This post has been edited by XD465: Jul 16 2011, 03:40 AM

--------------------

Spoiler:

Come Here to My Website!

I support:

Spoiler:

My Projects:

Spoiler:

My AMVs
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

exodus1386
post Jul 16 2011, 03:48 AM
Post #16

Group Icon

im not a mapper by any means i have a couple mappers on my team. what i would do is post this into recruitment or organize myour post for what you need help with.

--------------------

I Support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

adrien.
post Jul 16 2011, 04:07 AM
Post #17

Smells like Teen Suicide
Group Icon

QUOTE (XD465 @ Jul 15 2011, 08:12 AM) *
I just think it'll be easier if i do it the original way, me mapping a map sheet on photoshop is harder than doing it in the beginning.
I don't see the point, but, that's just my opinion. Anyways, I think we're talking off topic, this topic should be about my game, not
to sound rude, of course.

this is about your game,m were discussing your mapping and just how bad it is and giving you alternative suggestions to make it easier. as for parallax mapping, you map out the base of the ground, add in some basic details like grass and flowers, use a script to take a picture of it, edit it in Photoshop, bring it back in via parallax map and another script that deals with over lay (things your character walks under or behind) use one tile to say no you cannot walk there and there ya go. if you take your time the average map should take 4 hours, the result is stunning. because Vx does not allow layers this is how we map in VX.

If you do it through RTP such as you insist - Then take your see time and add as much detail as you can, using events to over lap specific details and what not.

--------------------

Spoiler:

+Quote Post

XD465
post Jul 16 2011, 04:13 AM
Post #18

Group Icon

QUOTE (exodus1386 @ Jul 16 2011, 03:48 AM) *
im not a mapper by any means i have a couple mappers on my team. what i would do is post this into recruitment or organize myour post for what you need help with.

ok. sorry for such a misunderstanding.huh.gif Oh well, I think I'm gonna ask rgangsta, if he says no, then, I'll repost this up in recruitment.
again sorry, ok, on with the topic,

EDIT: He said he would do it, no need to put this up in recruitment now.

This post has been edited by XD465: Jul 17 2011, 03:00 PM

--------------------

Spoiler:

Come Here to My Website!

I support:

Spoiler:

My Projects:

Spoiler:

My AMVs
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Drakath
post Jul 20 2011, 10:25 AM
Post #19

Group Icon

Type: Musician

I lol'd when i see the guy named Sky. I'm using that one in my game too with the name Sora wich means sky in japanesse. biggrin.gif You probably know a little japanesse like me. I can tell it 'cause Name of the game is Dragon's Redemption and main character is Ryu(Dragon).

I didnt play the demo... yet. but it sure looks like a good game.

This post has been edited by Drakath: Jul 20 2011, 10:28 AM

--------------------
Support!
Spoiler:

Quotes
Spoiler:

"The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any." L~~Death Note
"Everybody lies." ~~House MD

+Quote Post

XD465
post Jul 20 2011, 05:11 PM
Post #20

Group Icon

QUOTE (Drakath @ Jul 20 2011, 11:25 AM) *
I lol'd when i see the guy named Sky. I'm using that one in my game too with the name Sora wich means sky in japanesse. biggrin.gif You probably know a little japanesse like me. I can tell it 'cause Name of the game is Dragon's Redemption and main character is Ryu(Dragon).

I didnt play the demo... yet. but it sure looks like a good game.

I didn't know that Ryu means dragon. I just thought of a name on the top of my head, who knew huh,
also, if you want to know what the name is about, there was a team "named" Dragon's Redemption
who defeated Necross. This is the game after the first. Also, the maps are gonna be better, now that
I have a great mapper on my team, and yes, it's gonna be a good game. There's some slight humor in
it too.

UPDATED: Got a video of my first game. Look at the 1st post. It's the release trailer of the first.

This post has been edited by XD465: Jul 22 2011, 06:15 PM

--------------------

Spoiler:

Come Here to My Website!

I support:

Spoiler:

My Projects:

Spoiler:

My AMVs
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 09:41 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.