iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

Closed TopicStart new topic
> Resident Evil Movies
Darkenvy
post Jul 13 2011, 10:27 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed
Alignment: Unaligned

I recently sat through the resident evil movies and by god there terrible, i understand the movies couldnt be like the games but they could have at least tried instead of making up new characters and leaving gaping plot-holes as well ripping off cool parts of the games like the wesker fight and executioners. by the end of the forth film i came to realise why so many poeple want the films destroyed or at least renamed so they dont become a blemish on the good name of resident evil:(

Im interested in your views:)

--------------------
Put up whatever signature you want as long as it follows the rules on size -Touchfuzzy
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Shiro
post Jul 13 2011, 10:33 PM
Post #2

Spriter
Group Icon

Type: Spriter

i liked em, you cant consider them part of resident evil but more there own series, they have a totally different plot and characters.

--------------------

---------------------------

+Quote Post

minalim
post Jul 13 2011, 11:18 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Type: Designer

I only watched the first three. Even bought the first two on DVD afterwards.

They were entertaining, which is good enough for me.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Jasonicus
post Jul 14 2011, 01:31 AM
Post #4

Old Friend
Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

I like them. They are fun. Yeah, they have nothing to do with the games which is the main (whiny) fanboy complaint, but who cares? They'll probably reboot them one day and make them right anyway. They are no worse than anything else out there in the same genre. They aren't masterpieces but they are entertaining.

--------------------
Trailer for It Came From Yesterday: Click Me

This was made by a dear friend of mine. Any support is appreciated! Also, Like the Facebook page while you're at it: It Came From Yesterday

New and improved official site: ICFY

Swagbucks referral link: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/jbart321

+Quote Post

Shiro
post Jul 14 2011, 01:33 AM
Post #5

Spriter
Group Icon

Type: Spriter

i will say though the fight between wesker, chris, and clair at the end of the 4th was a total fucking rip off, they could have been alot more original there then just copying the game.

--------------------

---------------------------

+Quote Post

Jasonicus
post Jul 14 2011, 01:42 AM
Post #6

Old Friend
Group Icon

The one thing that has bothered me is the sever lack of crazy monsters. The RE games have some great strange creatures but the movies never go that route.

--------------------
Trailer for It Came From Yesterday: Click Me

This was made by a dear friend of mine. Any support is appreciated! Also, Like the Facebook page while you're at it: It Came From Yesterday

New and improved official site: ICFY

Swagbucks referral link: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/jbart321

+Quote Post

Kaptain J
post Jul 14 2011, 01:58 AM
Post #7

Death says "Hi"
Group Icon

Alignment: Lawful Evil

I liked them as well, to an extent. I wouldn't give them any awards, but I was entertained, and that's all that matters in my movies.

--------------------

Come join Team Smash today!

Other stuffz:
Spoiler:

RPGMakerVX.net Awards:
Spoiler:

Check out my tutorial and articles:
How to Write a Story
The Kaptain's Article Dump

+Quote Post

Astel
post Jul 14 2011, 03:04 AM
Post #8

Elitists of the world, beware.
Group Icon

They are awful, all of them. However, it may have something to do with the fact i can't stand any of the "super girls" movies.

--------------------
Under Construction

+Quote Post

some_person
post Jul 15 2011, 12:58 AM
Post #9

I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream
Group Icon

Type: Coder
Alignment: Neutral Evil

Their worthwhile watches as long as you don't take them seriously. They lack much as far as a serious movie or a serious representation of the games.

Also, too many people don't know about Degeneration. It's recommendable if you liked the other movies, but it's CGI and not advertised alongside the other 4.

--------------------
meh...
my scripts..
my first 'battle system'
///////////////\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Rainbow_dash
post Nov 9 2011, 04:29 AM
Post #10

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed
Alignment: True Neutral

Well there inst that much gaping it them. There the first movie witch is about the Virus. The second movie was about the virus getting out of the hive 3rd movie is about Alice and her Gifts And the Grim dieing world. And the new one (not sure of the name a the time.) is just continuing off extinction. But if you want some that are about the game. There is the Animated video of resident evil Degeneration witch is more like the game then the big box office movies and they also have a new one coming out about Leon s. Kennedy. But like most things Movie and game wise. I think they need to let the games die in peace im kinda getting tired of seeing them.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Virus 9
post Feb 28 2013, 12:41 AM
Post #11

Evil is a virus that spreads!
Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Evil

You went pass the Necropost. This topic is already over 1 year old so I will be closing this down.

--------------------
EVIL RULES OVER ALL!
Spoiler:
After a great deal of a vote, I have been chosen to remain evil by the members of the forum! Now prepare for the 2nd stage of my plot!

I Support
Spoiler:

CODE
[img]http://i39.tinypic.com/ftklqq.png[/img]

Building
Spoiler:

Read if New or Beginner!
Spoiler:
Are you new to RPG Maker VX or the Forum? I will help you with some simple guides to understanding.
  1. If you are new to the forum then make your introduction known to the community. Also if you are leaving us we would like to hear you there.
  2. If you have experience something wrong with this Community Forum that is not working right you can contact the staff by visiting the Feedback and Support.
  3. People like us are willing to help anyone who is having any problems with RPG Maker VX Program down here in the Support / Help Forum. We do provide some provided answers in here to read.Or you can contact RPG_Lover or Akod for help through PM.
  4. Need some new images/audios for your game? We provide a wide range for your game development needs in our Resource Showcase. We also provide if you can not find what you need a request for something.
  5. If it's scripts you need. We can help you find what functions you want to add to your games in our Complete RGSS2 Scripts! As well we provide a request if you got something else in mind you need.
  6. Got a game developed and ready to show? You can provide any Completed Games or Under Developed Games with us to get a result from the community.
  7. Now you can also relax in our Off-Discussion of RPG Maker VX.

We do have a small support for RPG Maker VX ACE here. I recommend if your starting to use RPG Maker VX to go and fix your Game_Interpreter. Make sure to follow the Community Rules and you will be OK on your way.

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th September 2014 - 07:02 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.