iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

The 2nd Quarter Contest has arrived! Go check it out in the Community Announcements now!

> Notes for Complete Game Threads

This forum is for completed RPG Maker VX games. Please do not post threads about games being made in other engines here.

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Castle Oblivion 3, Third game in the series. This time, it's a bit different.
amerk
post Aug 31 2011, 03:43 AM
Post #21

Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Unaligned

I tested the demo a little, but probably won't invest too much time until the finished product. In any case:

Good:
1. Story is fresh and sort of breaks away from the past two tales.
2. Lots of various loot.
3. I'm really digging the mapping abilities.

Bad:
1. The intro felt out of place.
2. Your writing needs a lot of proofreading. There's quite a bit of misspelled words and incorrect grammar that's making it hard to appreciate the story.
3. The combat tends to lean on the higher difficulty side, at least in the beginning. Case in point, once I had control of my character, he fought 1 spider that took like 5 or 6 hits before I could kill him. Meanwhile, this thin is packing like 60 to 80 hits on my character, and 400 some odd HP doesn't go far when that happens. Second time, 2 slimes killed me in about 2 hits. I had a club, a robe, and feathered hat, but they were hitting me for about 200 HP each. I'm thinking lower the enemy HP and strength until the player's got his feet wet, and consider that enemies really should only get harder based upon equipment you might have acquired and how many people are in your party.

As for the intro, it just felt rushed and confusing, and in my opinion wasn't written very well. Part of that was because you had to play it to experience it. My advice is to remove it and either incorporate the story of the first two games into the story of the third, or to see if there is a way to revive the first two games' dl links.

This post has been edited by amerkevicius: Aug 31 2011, 03:46 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

luiishu535
post Sep 1 2011, 12:06 PM
Post #22

Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Neutral Good

@Hyperkirby365

Thanks! I'm really happy you uploaded that. And what do you mean by nostalgic?

@amerkevicius

First of all, thanks for trying out the demo! I'm glad you enjoyed some parts of it. The grammar is being fixed and I don't know if I've mentioned that English isn't my first language but I'm trying my best though. The battles aren't that hard, they are pretty well ballanced and challenging in a good way. You have to remember to prepare yourself before you get out in battles. Go and buy some items like potions and antidoes and powerup your characters stats with increases and better equipment. And don't forget to use SKILLS. Evan isn't a warrior, he's a scientist and his skills are meant to be used wise. Keep that in mind before you go into any battles smile.gif

As for the intro, I'm thinking of using flashbacks from the previous CO games instead of just dialouge.

UPDATE

As for the game in general, I'm sorry for not keeping you guys updated so much. Things have happened IRL and I just started HS and I already have homeworks sleep.gif
But atleast! I got some updates now and they are:

-I've updated the second post in this thread, making it an UPDATE post where I will post my actions of the game and the progress that's being made AND MAYBE CAKES TOO!^^
-Updating the demo, a new version is soon to be released!
-Around 40% of the game is done! I am soon going to start off with the 4th floor! biggrin.gif
-People have been uploading videos of CO3! We have a boss battle compilation and aswell as 2 LPs of it(so happy^^)!

Videos

Here are the videos people have been uploading recently of CO3:

Misterfrodo17's Let's Try of the demo!

It's hillarious, watch it xD

The Let's Play of the Demo by Zachfoss!

Our first LP ever!

TheTheEmeraldboy100's awesome compilation of all the bosses from the demo!

Don't forget to get the Water Spell like guy did. It's located in a house in Perryn Village!

That's about it for now. See ya later community and peace out!

This post has been edited by luiishu535: Sep 1 2011, 12:28 PM

--------------------

My current project:
Castle Oblivion 3

+Quote Post

luiishu535
post Oct 14 2011, 05:53 PM
Post #23

Group Icon

Bumpidy Bump! Who here is interested in some new screenies or maybe a video?(Been some time since I posted here and I don't want you guys to think that this game is dead or something...)

This post has been edited by luiishu535: Oct 14 2011, 05:56 PM

--------------------

My current project:
Castle Oblivion 3

+Quote Post

Earthboundfanboy...
post Oct 15 2011, 01:07 AM
Post #24

Group Icon

Type: Spriter
Alignment: Lawful Evil

I am. Thank goodness you didn't quit.
But there are sprites so you can make a better looking
lamia and ogre battle.
Do you want them?
I only have ogre now,
but I'm searching for lamia!

--------------------

If you are a believer of Jesus Christ and 100% proud of it put this in your signature.

+Quote Post

luiishu535
post Oct 20 2011, 06:58 PM
Post #25

Group Icon

@Earthboundfanboy121 Thank you! Yes, PM me them a.s.a.p and I'll take a look at them^^

As for other stuffs, here are some recent screens from the 4th floor!

Trincol Island is a beautiful area surrounded by endless oceans and lovely nature.

A boulder puzzle!

Rebecka, being herself ;P

--------------------

My current project:
Castle Oblivion 3

+Quote Post

Earthboundfanboy...
post Oct 22 2011, 04:44 PM
Post #26

Group Icon

Okay I'll PM them to you probaly by tommorow.
Send me a response if you like them.

--------------------

If you are a believer of Jesus Christ and 100% proud of it put this in your signature.

+Quote Post

luiishu535
post Feb 1 2012, 04:23 PM
Post #27

Group Icon

Been some time since I updated the topic and I can say that it doesn't mean that I have quit working on the actual game.
Here's a video for you guys that are interested, it shows the new titlescreen and I'd like to get some critism and if I should use it or my old one.

Video:

More updates and vids to come soon!

This post has been edited by luiishu535: Feb 1 2012, 04:24 PM

--------------------

My current project:
Castle Oblivion 3

+Quote Post

Earthboundfanboy...
post Feb 2 2012, 12:04 PM
Post #28

Group Icon

Sorry I haven't been able to give you that sprite. It was actually used in Relic Twidgers game so I'm not sure I can give you the resource. Ask him though!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Earthboundfanboy...
post Feb 15 2012, 11:25 PM
Post #29

Group Icon

Wait heres an alternate. It's better!
Attached File(s)
Attached File  _ogre.png ( 3.07K ) Number of downloads: 8

--------------------

+Quote Post

amerk
post Feb 28 2012, 01:54 AM
Post #30

Group Icon

Pretty good title screen, the tone would appear dark and foreboding. The music, however, is a bit too relaxing for what the game will entail. Perhaps something a tad more dark and edgy?

+Quote Post

luiishu535
post Mar 15 2012, 05:37 PM
Post #31

Group Icon

Sorry for not updating this thread in a while. I've been pretty busy and I've tried to focus more on the game's completion than the game's feedback, so sorry for that. Progress is going pretty good for the moment and I might be able to update with some new screens or videos soon!

As for replies.

@Earth: Thanks man! I might use it for the game smile.gif

@amerk: I'm pretty sure I'm gonna keep my old title but thanks for the tip. I haven't thought about some creepy music before... It could be good...

--------------------

My current project:
Castle Oblivion 3

+Quote Post

Earthboundfanboy...
post Mar 16 2012, 12:35 AM
Post #32

Group Icon

No problem because my game keeps getting rejected on the forums I suppose the only thing to do is help others.
And if game ever gets put up I'd still help smile.gif Also it's good to hear you're using the old title, I preferred it.

This post has been edited by Earthboundfanboy121: Mar 16 2012, 12:36 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Earthboundfanboy...
post Mar 16 2012, 12:56 AM
Post #33

Group Icon

Also could you send me the project file for your game?
I don't want to hack it or anything It's just that
I know how to do the teleporting on the ship thing with B.
Oh and I'm not 100% sure but is the Faron Forest theme
from the actual game or is that Zelda Re:Orchastrated's version?

This post has been edited by Earthboundfanboy121: Mar 17 2012, 04:28 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

amerk
post Mar 17 2012, 09:12 PM
Post #34

Group Icon

The demo is deleted, but since you had about 2 hours you could probably move it to project development. Also wanted to suggest moving to the new official forum, where it may garner more feedback.

+Quote Post

Earthboundfanboy...
post Mar 25 2012, 01:53 PM
Post #35

Group Icon

Well as promised Lamia/ Medusa sprite

This post has been edited by Earthboundfanboy121: Mar 25 2012, 01:54 PM
Attached File(s)
Attached File  medousa_a.png ( 7.22K ) Number of downloads: 5

--------------------

+Quote Post

luiishu535
post Mar 30 2012, 07:46 AM
Post #36

Group Icon

@Earth: Sending the whole game would take so much space. I think I can upload the maps and stuffs that the transfering takes place on. I got the transfer thing almost done pretty much but the player doesn't want to exit/enter vehicle during transfers and for some reason, I always have to open up my menu before pressing the button to transfer. I'll PM you the link soon and thank you so much for your help! biggrin.gif

@Amerk, I even made an updated version of the demo and since mediafire is down(or whatever site I used) I guess I can reupload the demo. Yeah you're right. I'm even more than halfway through the game pretty much and I don't know how long it is but it's definetly over 5 hours of gameplay! I'll ask the mods to put this in development and I should also make a thread in RMN. I think it's one of the biggest and I like that site cause you can see how many who has downloaded the demo and do a lot more stuffs to make your game glow! If you know anymore sites then please feel free to tell me cause I really want as many people as I can to find out about this game. It's definetly worth playing, FREE and one of the better RPG Maker games IMO smile.gif

Thanks for feedback everyone and sorry again for late responding! I'll get a new cellphone soon with touch which will allow me to be more active here smile.gif

--------------------

My current project:
Castle Oblivion 3

+Quote Post

Earthboundfanboy...
post Mar 30 2012, 10:35 PM
Post #37

Group Icon

No problem. Any feedback on the Medusa sprite?

--------------------

+Quote Post

luiishu535
post Mar 31 2012, 05:24 PM
Post #38

Group Icon

@Earth: It's a great sprite but I think I'll stick with the one I have. I personally like having the bosses a bit bigger then the characters.

--------------------

My current project:
Castle Oblivion 3

+Quote Post

Earthboundfanboy...
post Mar 31 2012, 07:18 PM
Post #39

Group Icon

So for the boat do you want me to transfer to a specific point on the boat?
Deck, Near the sail, etc?

--------------------

+Quote Post

luiishu535
post Apr 1 2012, 02:00 PM
Post #40

Group Icon

Near the captain at the wheel. Do you still need me to send the maps?

--------------------

My current project:
Castle Oblivion 3

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 09:21 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.