iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

> Notes for Complete Game Threads

This forum is for completed RPG Maker VX games. Please do not post threads about games being made in other engines here.

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Castle Oblivion 3, Third game in the series. This time, it's a bit different.
Earthboundfanboy...
post Apr 1 2012, 02:21 PM
Post #41

Group Icon

Type: Spriter
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Yeah do it whenever you're ready.

--------------------

If you are a believer of Jesus Christ and 100% proud of it put this in your signature.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

luiishu535
post Jul 10 2012, 01:33 PM
Post #42

Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Neutral Good

NEW VERSION 2.0 DEMO RELEASE!

First off, for you who have downloaded the demo and got the Cave Parallax error, please download this, extract it and then paste it in the gamefile.
Link: Cave Parallax

Since I haven't really announced it here, I thought now was better then never smile.gif

DEMO Release:

This is the new version of the last demo I posted. Some of you might have already played but I knew there were some people who wanted to play but couldn't because the site I submitted the download had been down.

Features:
-About 2 hours of playtime!
-Fixed from bugs and glitches.
-Dungeons, puzzles and tough but balanced battles!
-Minimap system that works 100%
-Added "Erwin's House"! *NEW*

Dowload Link: Download here!

Video:

Enjoy and don't forget to leave some feedback if you've given it a shot! If you're stuck or just having trouble with the demo, feel free to check out:
Clareain_Christopher's Let's Try of the demo!

Game Updates:
The full game is currently in testing mode. Once the game's been fully tested, I'll finally release it!

I hope you guys will enjoy the demo or maybe you already played it? Feel free to give me tips and let me know what your thoughts were about it. See ya next time then!

This post has been edited by luiishu535: Feb 14 2014, 03:01 PM

--------------------

My current project:
Castle Oblivion 3

+Quote Post

luiishu535
post Feb 14 2014, 03:02 PM
Post #43

Group Icon

THIS GAME IS NOT DEAD!
The full game is currently in testing mode. Once the game's been fully tested, I'll finally release it!
Stay tuned!

This post has been edited by luiishu535: Feb 14 2014, 03:03 PM

--------------------

My current project:
Castle Oblivion 3

+Quote Post

BluBlaze
post Feb 15 2014, 12:17 AM
Post #44

Your average fire head.
Group Icon

The two year resurgence! laugh.gif Way to go my friend!

Smart move on keeping it quiet. I know all the hostile "feedback" that gets thrown around nowadays can really discourage someone from finishing a game.

Good luck with the finishing touches.

--------------------
I dunno... I just wanna... Put something here...

+Quote Post

luiishu535
post Feb 15 2014, 07:35 PM
Post #45

Group Icon

Thanks, man! These years have of course been on and off work on the game. It takes a lot of time and patience to keep going, especially when you haven't planned your project out.

Anyway, here's the offical trailer for the game! Took me a while to make, but I think it was worth it. As said, once it's been tested completely, I'll release it. I really want to do so next week! :3

This post has been edited by luiishu535: Feb 15 2014, 07:35 PM

--------------------

My current project:
Castle Oblivion 3

+Quote Post

BluBlaze
post Feb 17 2014, 04:22 PM
Post #46

Your average fire head.
Group Icon

A little late but I just played the demo and I really liked it. I'm actually quite looking forward to this game's release.

Here's what I thought of the most recent demo if it still matters:

Spoiler:

PROS:
+ The maps are great! I know a lot of people nowadays hate the standard RTP tiles but I still swear by them and think you did a great job of making them look good.
+ I love The Legend of Zelda, and your Zelda style dungeon was very enjoyable. I like this style a lot better than what was the endless slog through completely flat terrains that was in Castle Oblivion 1. laugh.gif
+ Each floor now has meaning and adds to the story. In Castle Oblivion 1, none of the floors really mattered or added any story. They were really just different colors. This is moving in a good direction.
+ I thought I would hate Evan as a character but I really grew to like him. In Castle Oblivion 1 all the characters were dark, brooding and convicted. Evan brings a fresh sense of innocence and exploration to a character and it is a nice dynamic when compared to how dark this series has been.

CONS:
- There is a lot of superfluous pausing in your text and events. This isn't too much of a bother but every time I talk to a salesman I have to wait like 5 seconds before it takes me into the shop menu. dry.gif
- There are a lot of English issues in your writing. But I looked at your profile and I know that you are Swedish so that is totally forgivable.
- In the Ogre boss fight, he can kill you in one shot with a critical hit, dealing 950+ damage when you only have around 900 HP. The only reason I beat the Ogre was because I was lucky enough he didn't one shot crit-a-kill me.

LOLS:
! All the bosses use armor bless skills to raise their defense, but I just use my skills and blast them anyway.
! Dude, your poison is BAD ASS. It drains more damage per turn than the attack that inflicted it! ohmy.gif
! Evan's reason to do anything is so he can EXPLORE!
! Apparently we share the exact same birthday... Who knew? ohmy.gif

I don't know if any of these things got either fixed or further improved upon, but overall I think this is a worthy successor to Klearly's games and can't wait for the release.

--------------------

+Quote Post

luiishu535
post Feb 17 2014, 08:52 PM
Post #47

Group Icon

QUOTE (BluBlaze @ Feb 17 2014, 05:22 PM) *
A little late but I just played the demo and I really liked it. I'm actually quite looking forward to this game's release.

Here's what I thought of the most recent demo if it still matters:

Spoiler:

PROS:
+ The maps are great! I know a lot of people nowadays hate the standard RTP tiles but I still swear by them and think you did a great job of making them look good.
+ I love The Legend of Zelda, and your Zelda style dungeon was very enjoyable. I like this style a lot better than what was the endless slog through completely flat terrains that was in Castle Oblivion 1. laugh.gif
+ Each floor now has meaning and adds to the story. In Castle Oblivion 1, none of the floors really mattered or added any story. They were really just different colors. This is moving in a good direction.
+ I thought I would hate Evan as a character but I really grew to like him. In Castle Oblivion 1 all the characters were dark, brooding and convicted. Evan brings a fresh sense of innocence and exploration to a character and it is a nice dynamic when compared to how dark this series has been.

CONS:
- There is a lot of superfluous pausing in your text and events. This isn't too much of a bother but every time I talk to a salesman I have to wait like 5 seconds before it takes me into the shop menu. dry.gif
- There are a lot of English issues in your writing. But I looked at your profile and I know that you are Swedish so that is totally forgivable.
- In the Ogre boss fight, he can kill you in one shot with a critical hit, dealing 950+ damage when you only have around 900 HP. The only reason I beat the Ogre was because I was lucky enough he didn't one shot crit-a-kill me.

LOLS:
! All the bosses use armor bless skills to raise their defense, but I just use my skills and blast them anyway.
! Dude, your poison is BAD ASS. It drains more damage per turn than the attack that inflicted it! ohmy.gif
! Evan's reason to do anything is so he can EXPLORE!
! Apparently we share the exact same birthday... Who knew? ohmy.gif

I don't know if any of these things got either fixed or further improved upon, but overall I think this is a worthy successor to Klearly's games and can't wait for the release.

First off, as you probably know, the demo is very outdated. All of the above things have been fixed, so don't you worry wink.gif I'm doing my second full playthrough right now, focusing solely on the battle balance. The game is easier, but still challenging. I kind of fixed the stuff that was cheap and "BAD ASS", like that poison and Ogre. The battles are faster now, since the bosses have A LOT less HP than they had before.

I wasn't going to give the characters that much personality in the first place, but since I didn't exactly plan the game out, they got character anyway(maybe for the good). I didn't want the characters to be so stiff and serious 24/7, so I decided to expand on them. Of course, Evan can get really bloody serious when things heat up, but he's also a positive guy who loves to explore! Pretty much every floor in this game has its own unique story, which kind of breaks the Floor = Dungeon/Maze feel.

That's sick, dude! ohmy.gif I guess both of us share the same birthday as the king of pop himself then xD On another note, I'm really glad you could enjoy the demo for what it is. I have many reasons to release the full game this week. Life just won't give me enough time for it! Dx So, for the patient fans and for myself, I'll try my best to release the full game THIS WEEK! If I can manage finnish my second playthrough and have better battle balance, then I'll release it for sure!

--------------------

My current project:
Castle Oblivion 3

+Quote Post

BluBlaze
post Feb 25 2014, 08:35 PM
Post #48

Your average fire head.
Group Icon

Wow man, nice work! I'm only a little bit into the game but I'm happy with the changes you've made so far. You might want to get this moved to Completed Games. More people would see it, download it and play it.

One more thing... Vera's sprite is DEFINITELY a man. I don't know if you meant to do that, but look closely at the arms. You can tell the difference. tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

luiishu535
post Feb 25 2014, 09:17 PM
Post #49

Group Icon

Thanks! How far are you in?

Yeah, that's something I feared! Oh well! xD

--------------------

My current project:
Castle Oblivion 3

+Quote Post

BluBlaze
post Feb 26 2014, 01:06 AM
Post #50

Your average fire head.
Group Icon

QUOTE (luiishu535 @ Feb 25 2014, 04:17 PM) *
Thanks! How far are you in?

Yeah, that's something I feared! Oh well! xD

Yeah, I've seen a lot of people make the gender mistake before. You included the un-encrypted file so people can change it if it really bothers them.

Here's how far I am:
Spoiler:

I just beat Rascal in the thieves hideout of Gyron Town. My party is about level 13-14.

I wonder if kelarly knows this game is complete yet.

--------------------

+Quote Post

luiishu535
post Feb 26 2014, 06:30 AM
Post #51

Group Icon

Good so far and good levels as well. Kelarly knows, he's been beta testing it. smile.gif

--------------------

My current project:
Castle Oblivion 3

+Quote Post

Levisaxos
post Mar 4 2014, 08:08 AM
Post #52

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed

I've tried to download this, first got an error for a missing dll but fixed that easily by downloading the given dll.

Now I get an error that it's "Unable to find file Audio/BGS/Sea."
Did I download a wrong version?

+Quote Post

luiishu535
post Mar 5 2014, 08:20 PM
Post #53

Group Icon

I believe it's the RTP you're missing. Did you download this one? http://rpgmaker.net/games/4242/downloads/5478/

This post has been edited by luiishu535: Mar 5 2014, 08:20 PM

--------------------

My current project:
Castle Oblivion 3

+Quote Post

Cale199
post May 4 2014, 07:22 PM
Post #54

Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

I've just gotten to the 3rd floor and every time I open the menu or use a save point and close it, it lags for a couple of seconds before closing it.

+Quote Post

luiishu535
post May 15 2014, 03:40 PM
Post #55

Group Icon

The lag usually appears on big maps and I suppose you got the lag on the big desert map. Don't worry, it will only occur on bigger and busier(amount of events) maps. Anyway, thanks for trying out my game! I hope you're enjoying it!

--------------------

My current project:
Castle Oblivion 3

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2014 - 02:15 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.