iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

> Notes for Complete Game Threads

This forum is for completed RPG Maker VX games. Please do not post threads about games being made in other engines here.

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dragon Quest: Legacy of the Lost, Complete! Embark on a quest to restore the lands of lost!
Orias Obderhode
post Jul 19 2011, 02:09 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Unaligned

Created by: Orias Obderhode

Final Version Released on 3/4/2013! Updated on: 3/30/13

"Can the remnants of our past lead us to a future...?"

Dragon Quest: Legacy of the Lost is a fangame highly inspired by Dragon Warrior 7. The game will feature the shard system and time travel aspect found in Dragon Warrior 7. The underlying story, however, is not the same and besides the time travelling portion, no plot sequence will be taken from Dragon Warrior 7.

STORYLINE:
Spoiler:
“Join a story that spans the ages! Through a series of seemingly unrelated events, a young man finds himself in the middle of a divine conflict. Picking up allies along the way, the man will confront the darkness and bring back the legacy of the lost!”

The world of Araginol is at peace… or so it seems. As far back as the people of this land can recall there is little in terms of land. The continent of Erdrich is all that has been discovered by seafarers and captains of the seas…

“How can this be? Is it truly possible that the world be so small?”

Unknown to the people of the current era, Araginol had once consisted of several islands and continents. Through the power of the demon lord, the islands that occupied Araginol fell one by one, eventually leaving no remnant of their passing.

Just when it seems Erdrich has been spared from this tragedy, several unfortunate events begin to plague the land. It is up to you, the hero, to traverse the rifts of time and save the world from evil’s vile clutches!

CHARACTERS:
Spoiler:
Name: Aldain
Job Class: Hero
The Hero is formidable in both might and magic. Holy blood runs through his veins and he is an essential part of any team. The Hero also has the most well-rounded stat growth in the game, and while not too hard to train in early levels, requires a lot of experience points as he grows in level. The Hero can be equipped with most weapons and armor.

Aldain lives in the land of Erdrich, not far from the castle. He lives with his mother, Sarah, who has recently come down with a terrible sickness. He is willing to put his life on the line to find a way to save her.

Name: Oruba Stacain
Job Class: Mage
The Mage is formidable in attack magic. Mages excel in devastating their enemies with powerful magic. They can even fall back upon various support spells to aid in battle. This learned mage has a low attack, defense and agility rating but excels in intelligence. The Mage takes a fair amount of time to level. The Mage can use whips and staves and be equipped with small shields and lightweight armor.

Oruba was born in Rhemhage Village, older brother to the current mayor. He resents his brother for everything he stands for. His brother took over the village when his parents suddenly died. Blaming their death on his brother by bearing witness to the crime, Oruba has turned his back on his brother. When evil threatens his hometown, though, he is all too eager to defend it, as long as it wasn't a request by the mayor.

Name: Melody
Job Class: Maiden
The Maiden is a supplemental character who aids her allies by using detrimental magic on the enemy and raising one's own stats. However, her spell list is limited. She has a high amount of strength and agility, but defense and intellect lack slightly. She levels fairly quickly. She can be equipped with a wide array of heavy weaponry and can wear lightweight armor.

Melody is the upbeat daughter of Yardrick Village's mayor. She met a tragic end at the hands of the basilisk, a devastating beast borne of black magic. By purging the land of this foul beast, you lift the petrification and in her gratitude and eagerness to leave home, she offers to join you on your quest. She had studied to become a priest before leaving. Not much else about her past is known...

FEATURES/PLANNED FEATURES:
Spoiler:
- Breeding system akin to Dragon Warrior Monsters. At certain points of the game, it will be possible to recruit monsters to join your team. Eventually, you will unlock the breeding center in which you can breed your monsters together to create newer and more powerful offspring. In addition, there will be monster masters that will offer up their own monsters to breed with one of yours.
- Alchemy Pot
- Dynamic party system: The final member of one’s team will consist of a wide variety of available monsters. At a certain point in the game you can swap out your team to mix and match to your choosing.
- Scripts to make the game feel and play like a Dragon Quest game.

SCREENSHOTS:
Spoiler:

Aldain's bedroom

The local item shop

A fierce battle!

Level up!

Village in Ruin

World Map System

Recovered Village

CREDITS:
Spoiler:
SCRIPTS:
Nelderson, Ekras, Sojabird, Yanfly, Gexrox, Woratana, Fridgecrisis,
StorymasterQ, Synthesize, Ty, Diedrupo, Night5h4d3, Mithran.

RESOURCES:
Square Enix
Dragon’s Den
Oran Gemeo (Logo, Title Screen and Game Over)
Myself

DEMO INFORMATION AND DOWNLOAD:

To download the full game, click here!

This post has been edited by Orias Obderhode: Mar 30 2013, 03:03 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Orias Obderhode
post Jul 20 2011, 01:47 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

EDIT: (4:25 PM EST, July 20, 2011)
I have fixed various issues that have been reported to me by the RPGRPGRevolution Community. I have also play tested the entire thing and it was bug free through what I saw! I can say with pretty good certainty that the game is working as intended now.

I updated the OP with information below to download either the new version or the required fixes for 1.1!

Version 1.1:
Because of various errors that have been reported, I decided to go back through the game and make sure everything is working as intended. I did a full play-through of the game and can safely say that version 1.1 should cause no errors. All instances of music should be in OGG format. In addition, I have made various graphical fixes and added a few new NPC types to add variety.

1.1 also brings the third region, Cardial. You would be able to complete most of the region. Because it is not finished, I would advise ending the demo when you clear the Rhemhage Region.

You can download Version 1.1 here! The font PressStart2P is included in the ZIP file.

-------------------------------------

However, I realize 112 MB may be a large download for some people. So to prevent you from having to download the game again, another way to fix the demo would be to download the 1.0 Fix.zip here. Then, just place the contained .wav files (Present Day, Castle, Curse and Sacred Shrine) into the game's BGM folder. The required font, PressStart2P, is included in this zip file as well!

I deeply regret that I had to do so many fixes of this nature, but home that the community can enjoy my demo!

This post has been edited by Orias Obderhode: Jul 20 2011, 07:40 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Orias Obderhode
post Jul 24 2011, 08:16 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

I have updated the OP with a new demo version for Dragon Quest: Legacy of the Lost. New screenshots have been posted as well. I am happy to say that I am certain no game stopping errors should pop up!

The new demo version has many fixes from the old one and I even added a new region. Unfotunately, any old save files you had will not work. Make sure to delete any former versions of the game on your computer if you had already downloaded it!

I look forward to hearing people's opinions. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Kefra
post Jul 24 2011, 08:21 PM
Post #4

Supremartist Front
Group Icon

Type: Artist
Alignment: Neutral Good

I'm going to keep an eye on this. Lovely graphics you have there.

--------------------
<Crimson> lol Israel

+Quote Post

Shiro
post Jul 24 2011, 08:26 PM
Post #5

Spriter
Group Icon

Type: Spriter

agreed, this is quite the interesting project going here. Good luck smile.gif

--------------------

---------------------------

+Quote Post

Twidger
post Jul 24 2011, 08:30 PM
Post #6

Everyday I'm Shufflin'
Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

looks very nice so far! I'll be keeping my eye on this wink.gif
Good luck my friend!

--------------------
~Chapter 3 is out now!!~

~Check out my 2011 Game-Making Contest Entry! Fully complete and ready to play!~

I support:
Spoiler:

If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.

+Quote Post

lalakoops
post Jul 24 2011, 10:20 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Love the graphics wink.gif Looks really nice. I'm certain this is gonna be great, don't give up on the game u.u I'm rooting for you biggrin.gif

--------------------
IQ: 152 - According to a professional, paid-for quiz.
Yes...I am smart, But sadly not much of a good writer.

I support:

Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Orias Obderhode
post Jul 27 2011, 04:37 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

@everyone: Thanks for the comments! I'm glad to see people are interested. smile.gif

Here's a quick progess update! I've been working a good bit on the Breeding System for this game. I've got everything figured out, and wanted to share how the Breeding System works. For those of you that played Dragon Warrior Monsters I or II, you'll see that the system is very similar.

===Breeding System===
Through various missions and sidequests throughout the game, you will be able to recruit monsters. There are a total of 12 unique base starting monsters, but you can only get 8 of these on a single playthrough. At a certain point in the game, you will unlock the breeding center, in which you can breed two monsters together. There are also some monster masters that will offer a monster of their own to breed with yours. There is a total of 106 possible monsters, with 9 of them being exclusive to Dragon Quest: Legacy of the Lost.

Example of a monster joining your party

===The Breeding Center===
The Breeding Center is the most exciting aspect of monster breeding. When you begin breeding, you select a monster to serve as the base pedigree. The base monster will determine the result. For example. if you breed a Dragonkid and a Spooky, you would get a Drakslime. If you had chosen Spooky as the base, you would get a MadSpirit. To breed, a monster must atleast be Level 15. The parent monsters will be lost upon breeding. In addition to receiving the offspring, When you breed a monster, you receive €œSkill Essences.€ Skill essences are a way of passing on skills to another monster. You will be given the opportunity to pass on the skills the monster is capable of learning. Essenced skills are not passed, however. Skill Essences will come with a stat requirement and are only useable by monsters.

Also, each parent monster will also drop one stat increasing item known as a Gene. This item will reflect that monsters highest stat and will be in varying degrees of +5~10.

*No monster learns more than 3 skills. But through the Essence system, you will be able to create a monster with a wide array of powerful and useful skills.

This post has been edited by Orias Obderhode: Jul 27 2011, 04:38 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Kyriaki
post Jul 27 2011, 05:09 PM
Post #9

Reviewer
Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

This is really nice and very adorable, the retro feel came out perfectly. I've always been a fan of the Dragon Quest series and I love anything with monster breeding so you definitely have my attention. I will get around to playing the demo when I have more time and give a more thorough review. ^^

--------------------
.: Current Project :.

+Quote Post

Virus 9
post Aug 1 2011, 01:36 AM
Post #10

Evil is a virus that spreads!
Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Evil

I am having a problem with your game. I just downloaded and tried it and found 1 big problem with it. There is no word.
It makes playing hard for me if I can not understand a word there saying and you can take a look for yourself as this is after they finish talking in something.
[attachment=21723:what_he_said.PNG]

--------------------
EVIL RULES OVER ALL!
Spoiler:
After a great deal of a vote, I have been chosen to remain evil by the members of the forum! Now prepare for the 2nd stage of my plot!

I Support
Spoiler:

CODE
[img]http://i39.tinypic.com/ftklqq.png[/img]

Building
Spoiler:

Read if New or Beginner!
Spoiler:
Are you new to RPG Maker VX or the Forum? I will help you with some simple guides to understanding.
  1. If you are new to the forum then make your introduction known to the community. Also if you are leaving us we would like to hear you there.
  2. If you have experience something wrong with this Community Forum that is not working right you can contact the staff by visiting the Feedback and Support.
  3. People like us are willing to help anyone who is having any problems with RPG Maker VX Program down here in the Support / Help Forum. We do provide some provided answers in here to read.Or you can contact RPG_Lover or Akod for help through PM.
  4. Need some new images/audios for your game? We provide a wide range for your game development needs in our Resource Showcase. We also provide if you can not find what you need a request for something.
  5. If it's scripts you need. We can help you find what functions you want to add to your games in our Complete RGSS2 Scripts! As well we provide a request if you got something else in mind you need.
  6. Got a game developed and ready to show? You can provide any Completed Games or Under Developed Games with us to get a result from the community.
  7. Now you can also relax in our Off-Discussion of RPG Maker VX.

We do have a small support for RPG Maker VX ACE here. I recommend if your starting to use RPG Maker VX to go and fix your Game_Interpreter. Make sure to follow the Community Rules and you will be OK on your way.

+Quote Post

Orias Obderhode
post Aug 1 2011, 02:09 AM
Post #11

Group Icon

QUOTE (RPG_Lover @ Jul 31 2011, 09:36 PM) *
I am having a problem with your game. I just downloaded and tried it and found 1 big problem with it. There is no word.
It makes playing hard for me if I can not understand a word there saying and you can take a look for yourself as this is after they finish talking in something.
[attachment=21723:what_he_said.PNG]

There was a font that came with the game, called PressStart2P. Did install the font? smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Virus 9
post Aug 1 2011, 04:05 AM
Post #12

Evil is a virus that spreads!
Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Evil

It's fixed now. Now I will give your game a try and see if I can find any problems with it.

--------------------
EVIL RULES OVER ALL!
Spoiler:
After a great deal of a vote, I have been chosen to remain evil by the members of the forum! Now prepare for the 2nd stage of my plot!

I Support
Spoiler:

CODE
[img]http://i39.tinypic.com/ftklqq.png[/img]

Building
Spoiler:

Read if New or Beginner!
Spoiler:
Are you new to RPG Maker VX or the Forum? I will help you with some simple guides to understanding.
  1. If you are new to the forum then make your introduction known to the community. Also if you are leaving us we would like to hear you there.
  2. If you have experience something wrong with this Community Forum that is not working right you can contact the staff by visiting the Feedback and Support.
  3. People like us are willing to help anyone who is having any problems with RPG Maker VX Program down here in the Support / Help Forum. We do provide some provided answers in here to read.Or you can contact RPG_Lover or Akod for help through PM.
  4. Need some new images/audios for your game? We provide a wide range for your game development needs in our Resource Showcase. We also provide if you can not find what you need a request for something.
  5. If it's scripts you need. We can help you find what functions you want to add to your games in our Complete RGSS2 Scripts! As well we provide a request if you got something else in mind you need.
  6. Got a game developed and ready to show? You can provide any Completed Games or Under Developed Games with us to get a result from the community.
  7. Now you can also relax in our Off-Discussion of RPG Maker VX.

We do have a small support for RPG Maker VX ACE here. I recommend if your starting to use RPG Maker VX to go and fix your Game_Interpreter. Make sure to follow the Community Rules and you will be OK on your way.

+Quote Post

Orias Obderhode
post Aug 11 2011, 11:16 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

Giving a quick progress update! I've finally been getting back some feedback (through PMs mainly) and I've been incorporating a few adjustments into the game. I look to making the beginning less grindy by changing the EXP given by lower level enemies, adjusting some enemy's HP, and expanding upon the intro cutscene. I also managed to create loops for all the music, so that there will no longer be any awkward pause in the sound.

Even better, a nice member here, dadartman, helped me refine the menu system in the game. All problems that I had with my menu are now gone, from the faulty display in some areas to hero names.

In terms of general progress, I've been working on the next region, Yardrick. This is an arena themed region that will be where you pick up the last hero mentioned in the synopsis, Melody. I'd estimate my current progress on the game to be 25%.

I also made a support bar! If you support the project, feel free to add it to your sig. smile.gif

Can just add the image by pasting this link: http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/9687/legacybanner.png

--------------------

+Quote Post

fmstwre
post Aug 11 2011, 11:43 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

Alignment: Lawful Good

Dude this is absolutely breathtaking. I love everything about this so far. Downloading demo now. IT WILL NOT DISSAPOINT ME!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Orias Obderhode
post Aug 24 2011, 02:20 AM
Post #15

Group Icon

QUOTE (CrimsonItsuki @ Aug 11 2011, 07:43 PM) *
Dude this is absolutely breathtaking. I love everything about this so far. Downloading demo now. IT WILL NOT DISSAPOINT ME!

CrimsonItsuki, I hope it did not dissapoint!

Progress has been going a bit slower now that I am back in school, but I am making progress. I finished up the Yardrick Region and am soon to move onto one of the longest regions in the game, Bariden.

I would like some feedback though on one of the new monsters added to the game. I mentioned that I am making several custom monsters (that you will be able to breed), and I am doing best to stay true to the Dragon Warrior Monsters GameBoy style graphics. Those who played the demo may have also noticed DeadKing was a new monster as well.

Any comments on the graphic would be greatly appreciated!

--------------------

+Quote Post

fmstwre
post Aug 24 2011, 02:25 AM
Post #16

Group Icon

Ah, this can stand as a dragon quest title itself. A few things irk me. You should make more "old school" animations to make the game seem less caught up in a wierd time loop. And for the first sword I spent 140G on...it doesn't have a slashing animation. sad.gif. Just make the animations fit the actual game itself and it will be just like the old days. Keep going, me want full game.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Orias Obderhode
post Aug 24 2011, 02:28 AM
Post #17

Group Icon

QUOTE (CrimsonItsuki @ Aug 23 2011, 10:25 PM) *
Ah, this can stand as a dragon quest title itself. A few things irk me. You should make more "old school" animations to make the game seem less caught up in a wierd time loop. And for the first sword I spent 140G on...it doesn't have a slashing animation. sad.gif. Just make the animations fit the actual game itself and it will be just like the old days. Keep going, me want full game.

I haven't got around to making some animations (so just stuck with RTP default for now), but rest assured, when the game is released all appropriate style animations will be used. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Sharpe
post Aug 24 2011, 06:49 AM
Post #18

Group Icon

This looks fantastic.

--------------------
My first tutorial: Moving a Player Through a Door Using a Move Route

"I give thee now a chance to share this world and to rule half of it
if thou will now stand beside me.
"What sayest thou?
"Will the great warrior stand with me?"

--The Dragonlord, Dragon Warrior, 1989.

+Quote Post

Orias Obderhode
post Aug 31 2011, 03:00 AM
Post #19

Group Icon

A quick progress update for Legacy of the Lost!

I've started back school, so progress has slowed down a little. I have finished another region since Version 1.2 and have moved on to the next. After completing this next region, Bariden, alchemy will open up to the players giving more depth to the gameplay! I anticipate that I will be releasing another demo in the coming months. My hope is to have both alchemy and breeding available in the demo so that people can get a feel for both systems!

Here's some screenshots of Bariden. I think progress is coming along rather nicely!

This post has been edited by Orias Obderhode: Aug 31 2011, 03:00 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Orias Obderhode
post Sep 19 2011, 07:04 PM
Post #20

Group Icon

Progress on the next version of Legacy of the Lost is coming on rather nicely! However, before I release this next version, I would like to have beta testers so that everything goes off well and the difficulty is in check.

Here is just a glimpse of things changed in the new version:
- Two new regions, Yardrick and Bariden, have been added.
- Arena and Treasure Chest game have been added.
- Icons for items and equipment have been added.
- Alchemy is introduced.
- New sidequests.
- Adjustments to enemy EXP and gold.
- Music now loops correctly.
- Various fixes.
- And more!

If you are interested in becoming a beta tester, please let me know! If you played through version 1.2, your old save file should still be compatible with the new one. There will be an option to skip through Cardial just in case though!

I could use 1-2 more people! Thanks!

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 09:38 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.