iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

> Notes for Complete Game Threads

This forum is for completed RPG Maker VX games. Please do not post threads about games being made in other engines here.

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dragon Quest: Legacy of the Lost, Complete! Embark on a quest to restore the lands of lost!
ShadowSick
post Oct 5 2011, 11:07 PM
Post #21

Master Sleeping Spriter
Group Icon

Type: Spriter
Alignment: Lawful Evil

I'd like to beta test if I still can.

--------------------

If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig. If you're not 100% about it, then skip it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------My Topics-----------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

mnMetal
post Oct 6 2011, 12:00 AM
Post #22

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed
Alignment: Unaligned

Awesome. Love the graphics. And the monster breeding. Downloading 1.2 now.
I can also beta test if you're still looking for testers.

+Quote Post

Orias Obderhode
post Oct 6 2011, 04:06 PM
Post #23

Group Icon

Type: Designer

I have just added the latest version of Legacy of the Lost. I have taken down the download for version 1.2. Here is the information on the new version. I have updated the OP to reflect these changes as well. smile.gif

Estimated Play Time – 10 hours
Estimated Overall Progress: 40%

Version 1.5 sees several improvements, additions and adjustments from version 1.2! For a full list of changes, click the spoiler below.

Spoiler:
- Two new regions, Yardrick and Bariden, have been added.
- Arena and Treasure Chest game have been added.
- Icons for items and equipment have been added.
- Alchemy is introduced.
- New sidequests.
- Adjustments to enemy EXP and gold.
- Music now loops correctly.
- Warp Wings and Exit Bells now work as intended. It is no longer possible to
lose an item by using it in the wrong place.
- Some animations have been changed.
- Design of certain interior areas have been changed.
- A fully functional game over system has been added.
- The menu system is now working 100% correctly.
- You now can actually name your monsters.
- Poison no longer damages you with every 1 step you take. It now takes
15 steps on the map to recieve 1 point of damage.
- The graphics for inland water has been changed.
- Basilisk battle has been adjusted.
- It is no longer possible to get stuck in Poison Marsh Cave.
- Various graphical fixes and improvements have been made.
- Fixed grammatical errors.

You can download version 1.5 here! Keep in mind that you need to install the font, PressStart2P, which is included in the ZIP file.

KNOWN ERRORS IN DEMO:
- Most battle animations are RTP default.
- Outland water has a black border that might could look better

IMPORTANT for Version 1.5:

Save files from your previous 1.2 versions will not work as intended in this version. If you choose to use an old save file, the new game over function will not work at all, but besides that, the game should work properly.

To alleviate this, I have added an option in the beginning to skip to where the end of Demo 1.2 left off. In Aldain's bedroom, click the blinking "!" to be transported to Cardial Port City, after beating the Sea Devil. If you didn't play Version 1.2, I would highly recommend not using this method for your game.

Clicking the "!" here will transport you to the end of Cardial.

If you see any spelling errors, other bugs, general suggestions or have other comments, please let me know!

@mnMetal and Shadowsick:
Thank you both for your offers to beta test! I just finished the new version and have added it available to download. If you would like to beta test for future releases, I would love to have the additional input! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Orias Obderhode
post Nov 15 2011, 03:41 AM
Post #24

Group Icon

bump!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Orias Obderhode
post Jul 8 2012, 05:46 PM
Post #25

Group Icon

It's been an incredibly long time since I last worked on Legacy of the Lost. About a month ago, my interest in continuing work on the project and the time I had to devote to the project increased and I've made some exciting progress. When I quit the game, I was one region away from needing to create the breeding system. In this past month, I've finished that region and made great progress towards the breeding system. At this rate, the entire breeding system and all the monster possibilities will be completed and finalized within a week or so! Here are some screenshots of the Monster Breeding System and the Monster Library associated with it.

To select two monsters, you need to click the family icons and then select from your list of monsters below.

The result!

I chose an image of 1EyeClown so that I wouldn't divulge too many breeding possibilities, but the Library is 100% completed.

And lastly, here are a few images from the latest region, Illae.

--------------------

+Quote Post

GrandMasterTrea
post Jul 8 2012, 05:54 PM
Post #26

Boy Genius
Group Icon

Type: Writer

I don't mean to come off like a dick, but I might be the only person so far to be unsure how I feel about the graphics. I'm not the kind of guy that thinks Graphics > Gameplay, but what compelled you to go for a Final Fantasy 1 on the SNES graphics style?

--------------------
My Project
Click to play!

Projects I Support
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Orias Obderhode
post Jul 8 2012, 06:43 PM
Post #27

Group Icon

QUOTE (GrandMasterTrea @ Jul 8 2012, 01:54 PM) *
I don't mean to come off like a dick, but I might be the only person so far to be unsure how I feel about the graphics. I'm not the kind of guy that thinks Graphics > Gameplay, but what compelled you to go for a Final Fantasy 1 on the SNES graphics style?

It's ok! The graphics are actually from Dragon Warrior titles on the gameboy, mostly Dragon Warrior Monsters 1 and 2. I loved those games as a kid and loved the graphics style of them too, so I wanted to use them.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Macys_Hero
post Jul 8 2012, 07:07 PM
Post #28

The Ultimate Action Figure
Group Icon

Alignment: True Neutral

I love the graphic style you have here, back in mah' day /spit in can it was Gameplay>Story>Graphics. It had to be playable first off, then the story carried it. I wasted many hours in classic NES/SNES grindfest rpgs, just to level high enough to be able to fight my way to the next scene in the story. Even IF that next scene was 8-bit, it didn't matter.

There are many games out there with decent graphics that can't stand up story or depth wise as the oldies. Orias I am downloading this nostalgia trip. Soon as I opened the screen shot spoilers I was blink.gif ... Confused why I haven't played this yet.

--------------------

01110010 01101111 01101101 01100001 01101110 01110011 00100000 00110001 00110010 00110001 00111001
WIELDER OF THE...
<div style="margin-top:5px"><div class="quotetitle">Spoiler: <input type="button" value="Show" style="width:45px;font-size:10px;margin:0px;padding:0px;" onclick="if (this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display != '') { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = ''; this.innerText = ''; this.value = 'Hide'; } else { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = 'none'; this.innerText = ''; this.value = 'Show'; }" />
<div class="quotecontent"><div style="display: none;"></div></div></div></div>

+Quote Post

GrandMasterTrea
post Jul 8 2012, 07:30 PM
Post #29

Boy Genius
Group Icon

QUOTE (Orias Obderhode @ Jul 8 2012, 10:43 AM) *
It's ok! The graphics are actually from Dragon Warrior titles on the gameboy, mostly Dragon Warrior Monsters 1 and 2. I loved those games as a kid and loved the graphics style of them too, so I wanted to use them.

I see. I'll probably play this later, since everyone is giving good reviews. Is it grind-heavy or...not so much?

--------------------
My Project
Click to play!

Projects I Support
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Orias Obderhode
post Jul 8 2012, 07:38 PM
Post #30

Group Icon

@Macy's_Hero:
I hope you enjoy it! smile.gif

@GrandmasterTrea:
Personally, I don't think its grind heavy. You can beat pretty much any region by only fighting random battles that come up, without the need to keep moving back and forth on the map to find battles for EXP. I'd say its about as grind heavy as most Dragon Quest games.

--------------------

+Quote Post

GrandMasterTrea
post Jul 8 2012, 07:41 PM
Post #31

Boy Genius
Group Icon

Sounds good.

--------------------
My Project
Click to play!

Projects I Support
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

emptysoul1983
post Jul 8 2012, 08:48 PM
Post #32

Group Icon

Been a Dragon Quest fan since Dragon Warrior 1. Yes I am that old to know what that is lol. Played around a bit with it but not much. Looks good so far and can't wait to continue on with it. Hope you release a full game sometime in the near future. Would love to see this project get finished.

--------------------
Thank you CAB_333 for this sig

Please add this to your sig and show this game some support!
CODE
[url="http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=54934&hl="][img]http://i45.servimg.com/u/f45/17/45/66/75/advent10.png[/img][/url]

+Quote Post

Orias Obderhode
post Jul 15 2012, 02:32 AM
Post #33

Group Icon

@emptysoul1983:
I truly believe it will be finished! I really do enjoy making it.

Progress is still going strong on the breeding system! I imagine the entire system will be functional by the end of the month. I've compiled a list of all possible monsters, the skill essences they give, and the gene they pass on.

Do you see a monster you'd want to make? wink.gif

Legacy of the Lost Monster Chart

This post has been edited by Orias Obderhode: Jul 15 2012, 02:35 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Orias Obderhode
post Aug 23 2012, 01:37 AM
Post #34

Group Icon

Progress on Legacy of the Lost has been going smoothly. I'm roughly a little halfway done with the game and think now would be the best time to release the final public demo. With this demo, breeding will be included so people get to try out this exciting new feature.

However, before I release the demo to the public, I would like to have a beta test. If you are interested in helping out, let me know on here or through PM! I am about 2-3 days away from finishing the demo, but I just wanted to get the word out that I am seeking testers. Keep in mind, this demo is expected to take a little over 20 hours to complete. I have posted this announcement on here, RMN and RPG RPG Revolution and want no more than 5 beta testers. Below is a list of changes from the previous version to the new one:

This post has been edited by Orias Obderhode: Sep 13 2012, 08:49 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Orias Obderhode
post Sep 13 2012, 08:49 PM
Post #35

Group Icon

Well, I think I can say that I am finally satisfied with all of the changes added to the new version! As such, I am releasing the final demo for Legacy of the Lost. At this time, if I had to estimate when the project will be totally completed, it would be next summer.

Anyways, here is the download link for the new version.

DOWNLOAD

I hope you all enjoy the demo! Here is a full list of changes. smile.gif

Legacy of the Lost Version 2.0:
- Three new regions: Illae, Esrarch and Onyu have been added.
- Monster Breeding is now available.
- Tons of new sidequests were added.
- Based on the answers to the questions at the beginning of the game, Aldain now starts with a special skill.
- Drop rates on monster materials have increased.
- Heal is no longer "holy" based.
- The process for getting information to get through Erdrich Forest has changed.*
- Expansion of Arena.
- Arena no longer only revives Aldain upon defeat.
- Arena victory music is fixed.
- Changed Olian's sprite.
- Changed Aldain's sprite from the side.
- RobMagic now steals enemy's MP instead of just decreasing it.
- Sap and Slow now work with much higher accuracy.
- Removed the "!" warping you to Cardial (was present in version 1.5).
- Exit Bells no longer stop working after the Cardial Region.
- EXP earned from monsters in Rhemhage, Cardial, Yardrick, and Bariden has increased.
- It is no longer possible to get stuck if you die in Sea Devil's Lair before facing the Sea Devil.
- Several actions have been adjusted - in accordance with this change, the stats of certain enemies and bosses have been changed.

KNOWN ISSUES:
- Most battle animations are still RTP default.
- It is possible the game will crash when F12 is used to reset. If it it crashes, the file should not become corrupted.

This post has been edited by Orias Obderhode: Sep 13 2012, 08:50 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Arlic von Vaelli
post Sep 25 2012, 12:52 AM
Post #36

The Legendary Engineer!
Group Icon

Alignment: Neutral Good

This game looks really good! I'm giving it a try now.

--------------------
~Arlic von Vaelli

Check out my RPG here!
Epoch de Valeria: Transcendent Wings

Excerpt of an everyday conversation:

Arlic: *munch munch*
Brian: Hey there, what are you up to?
Arlic: I'm feasting on the disfigured corpses of the damned.
Brian: I see.
Brian: So do all disfigured corpses of the damned look like apples?
Arlic: ...
Arlic: Totally.

+Quote Post

Johnny0798
post Sep 25 2012, 04:06 AM
Post #37

If you're reading THIS, you're not reading THIS.
Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed
Alignment: Neutral Good

This is great! I've always loved 8-bit games and the Dragon Quest series!
I support!

--------------------
My Works:

I have to make another support bar for my VX project, but while there isn't one, come here.
My script, Improved Window_Status. I should make a bar for it too!

- Join Deb, Mace, Akod, Johnny and Sketcy in the quest to uncover the secrets of the Yggdrasil Labyrinth!

I support:

- I ORDER you to play this!

Open the spoiler if you're new to the forum:
Spoiler:
Before everything, read the Forum's Rules.

Make an introduction of yourself here! Don't be shy! We don't bite! At least, I don't!

If you have problems with Switches, Variables or anything else related to events, take a look at Aindra's RPG Maker VX School, the best tutorial ever! Download the Practice Events to test your eventing skills!

Post projects made in RPG Maker VX here! Read the Rules and Guidelines before posting! Projects on any other program come here. Be sure to play other people's games too.

Check out our resources here! Request resources here. Make sure you read this and this before requesting!

Have any troubles using VX? Ask for help here! Read this, this and this before asking for help.

Get scripts for your game here! Don't say "Your script gives me an error saying "superclass mismatch"! What do I do?". If this happens, you're using VX Ace, and there's no other way around this than requesting it to be converted to RGSS3 here.

Request scripts for VX, and ONLY VX, here! If you have trouble using a script, ask for help here.

If you're working too much on your projects, take a rest here and here!

Do you use RPG Maker VX Ace Lite? Come to the brand-new Ace Lite section found here! I just don't know why is there a scripting section inside it, as Ace Lite has no scripting support, from what I've heard.

Well, I think that's all. If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask, like I am!

+Quote Post

Orias Obderhode
post Sep 26 2012, 10:02 PM
Post #38

Group Icon

Thanks for the support Johnny and Arlic. Hope you enjoy it. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Orias Obderhode
post Nov 11 2012, 10:57 PM
Post #39

Group Icon

Been really busy lately, but I've finally decided to begin working on some of the battle animations. I know that having the RTP battle animations took away some of the immersion. I'm quite pleased with most of them so far. smile.gif

Here are just a few examples:
Spoiler:

I also just finished the 10th region! The game is shaping up quite nicely and there are quite a few extras that have been added in recently.

Tinymedal Queen's Palace

Wondrous prizes await those who collect tinymedals!

Dharma Temple

At Dharma Temple, you can undertake trials to master powerful abilities such as "Aggravate," which taunts an enemy into attacking you.

The region concludes with my favorite boss battle so far! It'll take using all of your resources to conquer this fight!

This post has been edited by Orias Obderhode: Nov 11 2012, 10:58 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

bobo
post Nov 30 2012, 01:24 AM
Post #40

Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Good

I've always been a sucker for dragon quest. How long have you been working on this game? Also, I have an error message RGSS202E.dll pop up when I run your game. Is that the rtp software or is it something else?

This post has been edited by bobo: Nov 30 2012, 06:35 PM

--------------------
Bodo

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th September 2014 - 12:59 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.