iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

> Notes for Complete Game Threads

This forum is for completed RPG Maker VX games. Please do not post threads about games being made in other engines here.

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Stapley and Pedro's Magical Adventure, Delicious.
Soggywaffles
post Jul 20 2011, 04:24 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed

Introduction

YOU CAN FIND CHAPTER 2 HERE
http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/4569-st...ture-chapter-2/

Hey everybody. This game was made by me and my friend in our free time. This is the first actual game we made, and we just tried to have fun making it (which we did.) This game was finished a year ago, and we just now felt like posting it. Our RPG Maker VX skeelz have increased tenfold since then, and Chapter 2 of the series in currently in development and is about 1 billion times better than this installment. Honestly, the main reason why we decided to post this was so you all would understand the story. Here are some things to keep in mind while playing this game.

Every grammar mistake is intentional. EVERY ONE. (I think) dry.gif

I know its not very fun, but there are sequences with random battles. Don't worry, there won't be any in Chapter 2. But please, don't let the random battle parts turn you away, because we want you guys to be playing this for the story.

This game contains quite a few inside jokes between me and my friends, as it was originally meant for them only.

We won't be fixing any glitches and the like for this game. We finished it a year ago, like I said, we are mostly focusing on Chapter 2.

Two things: #1, in the jail where you first start out, click on the skeleton. What you find helps you deal with the random battles. #2, once you meet the Repel Maker, buy a ton of them. Like, a TON.

WARNING::
This game references drugs and alchohol. If you find comments about sexual orientation or mental disabilities offensive, then we suggest that you don't play this game. There is some cursing in this game as well. Also, if you are a diehard fan of pokemon, then you might not like some things. tongue.gif

Story Synopsis

In a world where anything is possible, and in a time of that world where anything was especially possible, there are two men, Stapley and Pedro. They are bored, so they go on a magical adventure. Stapley calls a guard fat, and is thrown in jail. Pedro, his manly brother, blows a hole in the wall and they escape from the prison guards. They run into the forest where they discover a magical psychedelic mushroom which changes their fates forever. As they slip into psychedelic mushroom induced coma, they find themselves thrust into TrIpPyLaND. Once they leave, they travel through a forest and stumble upon Pallet Town, where their destiny awaits.

The World

The world is a fantasy filled of unique and interesting people. There is a government which reigns supreme over everything, known as the world government. Many people don't know about them, as they are very "behind the scenes". Most of the game takes place in two parts of the world, Pallet Town, and Hell City, which is a supernatural place.

Character Bios

Stapley:
Class: Rouge
His name is Stapley, and he's an alcoholic. He's also useless. During the story, he gets lost, kidnapped, kidnapped again, and then killed. He has a tendency to help people in need, the quality of every hero. Except Stapley is no hero. He's an idiot.

Pedro:
Class: Demolitionist
Pedro is a man. Not a man. The man. The manliest. The manliest man. He's so strong he can break someone's face open just by flexing. Pedro is Stapley's brother. But Pedro has a dark side. When he is angry, he TRAANNSSFFOOORRRMMS.

Samantha:
Class: Merchant
Samantha is a traveling merchant, who helps Pedro get to Hell City. He sells useful stuff. Buy his stuff.

Mr. Trippy:
Class: ???
Mr. Trippy is the king of TrIpPyLaND. He can teleport using pixie dust and aids Stapley and Pedro on their magical adventure. He's OP.

Features

A Side View battle system (overused, yes, I know)
A desperate attempt to be humorous
A half-decent, random, yet entertaining storyline
Awesome characters

Screenshots
Spoiler:

Credits

Audio:
AD/DC
Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
Tales of the Drunken Paladin (RMVX Game) I used some audio files in this game, I think the original game they were from was Chrono Trigger?
The Cartographer (RMVX Game) Used one file, have no idea where Avadan got it from.

Graphics:
PINEDAVX
Woratana
Mario
LordBagardo
CrayDragon

Scripts:
Mr. Bubble
Kylock
Enu
Woratana
Yanfly

Special Thanks:
Enterbrain
All of my real life friends reading this topic who playtested this game. You guys are awesome.

I'm not sure if I credited everyone, because I don't remember where I found some of the resources, particularly, the rat and bee enemy sprites. If anyone knows who made these please let me know.

Here's the game: Stapley and Pedro's Magical Adventure

This post has been edited by Soggywaffles: Jul 8 2012, 11:10 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

I am fat
post Jul 23 2011, 04:34 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Hey guys, I'm the co-creator of this game and I am very happy see that its been accepted. I hope that you enjoy it as much as we did creating it, and tell us what you think (good or bad).
Also, keep in mind that this game is not meant to be taken seriously at all, so keep an open mind and enjoy! Thanks! laugh.gif

--------------------
I was not intending to use this account, please ignore the ridiculous name.
٩(●̮̮̃_•)۶

+Quote Post

IEATYOURPARENTS
post Jul 25 2011, 07:34 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

wow, this was actually pretty funny. I havent laughed that hard in a while, good job biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Soggywaffles
post Jul 25 2011, 11:43 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

QUOTE (IEATYOURPARENTS @ Jul 25 2011, 03:34 PM) *
wow, this was actually pretty funny. I havent laughed that hard in a while, good job biggrin.gif

Haha thanks bro. That means a lot >.>b

+Quote Post

Drunken Paladin
post Jul 26 2011, 04:52 PM
Post #5

Killed a Man in Reno
Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Unaligned

While hilarious, I didn't feel like playing again after throwing my shoe at Pedro. cool.gif

Also, you should probably rename your game to something other than "RPG Tankentai."

This post has been edited by Drunken Paladin: Jul 26 2011, 04:54 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Soggywaffles
post Jul 26 2011, 04:57 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

QUOTE (Drunken Paladin @ Jul 26 2011, 12:52 PM) *
While hilarious, I didn't feel like playing again after throwing my shoe at Pedro. cool.gif

Also, you should probably rename your game to something other than "RPG Tankentai."

Wow, you played our game? That's awesome. Tales of the Drunken Paladin inspired this game so much XD and sorry to hear that you threw the shoe at Pedro, I might have to change that if it makes people not wanna finish the rest of the game biggrin.gif

And what do you mean by renaming it to something other than RPG Tankentai?

This post has been edited by Soggywaffles: Jul 26 2011, 04:58 PM

+Quote Post

Drunken Paladin
post Jul 26 2011, 05:15 PM
Post #7

Killed a Man in Reno
Group Icon

Alignment: Unaligned

QUOTE (Soggywaffles @ Jul 26 2011, 12:57 PM) *
Wow, you played our game? That's awesome. Tales of the Drunken Paladin inspired this game so much XD and sorry to hear that you threw the shoe at Pedro, I might have to change that if it makes people not wanna finish the rest of the game biggrin.gif

And what do you mean by renaming it to something other than RPG Tankentai?

In the database, under "System," you can change the title of your game. This is what shows up in the game window's title bar (at the top).

And I play games here once in a while, if they strike me as something different (and Stapley and Pedro struck me as different). I'll give it another shot once I have a little extra time. Best of luck with it. ;P

--------------------

+Quote Post

Soggywaffles
post Jul 26 2011, 05:21 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

QUOTE (Drunken Paladin @ Jul 26 2011, 01:15 PM) *
In the database, under "System," you can change the title of your game. This is what shows up in the game window's title bar (at the top).

And I play games here once in a while, if they strike me as something different (and Stapley and Pedro struck me as different). I'll give it another shot once I have a little extra time. Best of luck with it. ;P

Ah, that's what you meant. I probably won't change the title of this game, cuz then I have to re upload it and shiz, but I will keep that in mind for Chapter 2. And yeah, in my opinion, the game only get's better as it goes along, so hopefully you'll play it some more wink.gif but yeah, you just made my day haha.

+Quote Post

Snett
post Aug 10 2011, 01:07 AM
Post #9

Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

This game... Is EPIC. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Soggywaffles
post Aug 10 2011, 08:08 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

QUOTE (Snett @ Aug 9 2011, 09:07 PM) *
This game... Is EPIC. biggrin.gif

Thanks! Glad to hear that you liked it!

+Quote Post

The-13th-Secret
post Aug 12 2011, 03:37 AM
Post #11

Group Icon

Alignment: Lawful Good

I was not sure what to make of this game until I got to the screenshot with the artistically rendered gay man. I burst out laughing--I'll probably take a look at this some time.

+Quote Post

I am fat
post Aug 15 2011, 02:10 AM
Post #12

Group Icon

QUOTE (The-13th-Secret @ Aug 12 2011, 03:37 AM) *
I was not sure what to make of this game until I got to the screenshot with the artistically rendered gay man. I burst out laughing--I'll probably take a look at this some time.

Thanks for the comment, we hope you play it sometime. smile.gif

p.s. I made the Gay Man, it took me a total of 5 minutes. xD

--------------------
I was not intending to use this account, please ignore the ridiculous name.
٩(●̮̮̃_•)۶

+Quote Post

Rainbow Jello
post Aug 15 2011, 08:58 AM
Post #13

Group Icon

Type: Spriter

That picture of the gay man is accurate. Every last one of my gay friends looks like that lmao.

--------------------
My MORPG

I'm looking for scripters, artists, writers for assistance in fleshing out White Rose Online. I am willing to pay by commision, maybe hourly, I need dedicated passionate people who care about the project as much as I do.

I support...

Spoiler:

+Quote Post

The-13th-Secret
post Sep 11 2011, 03:51 AM
Post #14

Group Icon

I got around to actually playing this game. So far it is awesome, or at least matches my sense of humor. For what the story is trying to accomplish, I find it surprisingly well-written.

I wonder if the story would be better for an overarching goal though, not sure what the characters want after everything is done.

This post has been edited by The-13th-Secret: Sep 11 2011, 03:56 AM

+Quote Post

Soggywaffles
post Sep 11 2011, 06:24 PM
Post #15

Group Icon

QUOTE (The-13th-Secret @ Sep 10 2011, 11:51 PM) *
I got around to actually playing this game. So far it is awesome, or at least matches my sense of humor. For what the story is trying to accomplish, I find it surprisingly well-written.

I wonder if the story would be better for an overarching goal though, not sure what the characters want after everything is done.

I'm glad you played it, lol. And about the overarching goal thing (I actually had to Google what an overarching goal was), basically, what the characters want is to have a magical adventure. At least, that's what Stapley and Pedro want. All of this is defined much more in Chapter 2. Basically, Chapter 2 is divided into different arcs, with a main antagonist for each arc, and the antagonist will be introduced via some random or stupid reason. These antagonists will try to stop Stapley and Pedro's magical adventure, thus S&P beating them up. They just want to have fun but all of these things keep getting in the way, essentially.

+Quote Post

The-13th-Secret
post Sep 12 2011, 03:12 AM
Post #16

Group Icon

Where is chapter 2, anyway?

+Quote Post

Soggywaffles
post Sep 12 2011, 08:45 AM
Post #17

Group Icon

QUOTE (The-13th-Secret @ Sep 11 2011, 11:12 PM) *
Where is chapter 2, anyway?

It's being made, haha. Hopefully it'll be out in a month or so. Gonna make the project development page for it soon. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

opatrick55
post Mar 20 2012, 10:47 PM
Post #18

Group Icon

Invalid or Deleted File.

+Quote Post

Soggywaffles
post Apr 7 2012, 08:42 PM
Post #19

Group Icon

QUOTE (opatrick55 @ Mar 20 2012, 05:47 PM) *
Invalid or Deleted File.

Oh noes! sad.gif You're right lol. I'll fix it asap

+Quote Post

The-13th-Secret
post May 6 2012, 03:36 PM
Post #20

Group Icon

Is there a chapter 2 yet? I think a month passed, but I waited a few more just to be on the safe side before asking again.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2014 - 07:34 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.