iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

> Note for Tutorial Threads

New threads (tutorials) here will go into a moderation queue. You will not see your thread appear when you create it. A moderator will decide if it will be approved or denied.

Closed TopicStart new topic
> [-Eventing-] Making Drive Forms in the style of Kingdom Hearts II, We will be focusing on just one form right now.
Seppie
post Jul 22 2011, 01:24 AM
Post #1

Seppie Releigh RPG
Group Icon

Type: Musician
Alignment: Neutral Good

Drive Forms in the style of Kingdom Hearts II
Require some basic database knowledge

The Forms
For this tutorial, we will be using the 'Final' form. You must choose which forms you will use.

Common Events
To start off, let's go to the Common Events section of the Database. You will need to create 2 common events for every form.

You should name them accordingly, such as 'FINAL1' and 'FINAL2'

Open FINAL1 and insert a 'Flash Screen'. The basic settings work fine, just make sure to uncheck 'Wait For Completion'.

Insert a 'Play SE' after that, and choose 'Ice4' -- Those two will give us our eye candy.

Now, insert a 'Change Party Member' and add the 'Final Form' of your character (DO NOT INITIALIZE) , then remove the current form of your character.

Now, you will make a switch. Label it 'FinalForm' and turn it on. Now set a timer, and make it however long you want the form to remain in effect. I will set mine at 30 seconds.

Now, go to your 'FINAL2' Common Event. On the trigger, set it as 'Parallel Process' and make the switch 'FinalForm'.

Insert a conditional branch that will check if the timer is 0 min 0 sec OR LESS.

If so, insert a Flash Screen and Play SE as we did in the first, and Add the original character back, then remove the Form.

Set the timer to stop.

After this, turn off the 'FinalForm' switch.

Leave the area under 'Else' blank.

The Skill
Now, create a skill named 'Final Form' and give it an appropriate icon.

The scope should be 'NONE' and the Common Event will be 'FINAL1'

Be sure to decide when your character can drive up. Should it be only in battle, or anywhere?

Testing it
Be sure to test out your new drive form and make sure it all works fine.

SCREENSHOTS

The Common Events

The Skill

If you are having any problems, feel free to ask.

You can see the original post here: http://broken.eclipserpg.com/t7-eventing-d...dom-hearts-ii#7

--------------------
Not going back into RPG making.

Will be more than happy to help with Eventing! Just PM me. I like a challenge.

I'm going into music. I'll be posting some nice tunes for RM'ing at my soundcloud.

Have fun, dudes.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

hexcimal
post Aug 13 2011, 05:39 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Well, I certainly have to say that this'll give many games a different perspective. Especially several different ABS systems out there, I think this would be really fun to include. Thank you for putting your time and effort into it. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Neosky
post Aug 13 2011, 06:46 AM
Post #3

Master of the DarkSyde of Cheese!
Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Nice and simple!

I had something like this during the 2k3 series, kinda like a Super Sayien form, lol. One was a guy who looked normal then he would get a boost and look like a vampire, and the chick would go all elemental. I'm actualy doing something like that now.

Are you going to do anymore?

--------------------

Remember, Remember the 5th of November...
Spoiler:

If you are new, please go through this spoiler for VERY useful links.
Spoiler:

Tarris Thread || User Forum || Tarris Hold Website || Twitch.tv

+Quote Post

Syx
post Oct 31 2011, 09:51 PM
Post #4

Rusted Souls
Group Icon

Type: Musician
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Seppie, you have inspired me to take eventing to a whole new level! My challenge will be to out-do your systems. smile.gif It's a friendly challenge.

May the best man win. smile.gif

Seriously, though. Nice ideas. =D

--------------------

+Quote Post

Keyblade0
post Nov 2 2011, 09:12 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Wow, this will be excellant for any game! biggrin.gif

Thanks!

--------------------
Yessiree, I'm a keyblade, all right. I'm a keyblade that can walk, talk, has arms, legs, and a voice! :D

...nothing unusual about that right?

+Quote Post

cyberjago
post Dec 1 2011, 03:47 AM
Post #6

Group Icon

don't you think about the the character and it's form level?

+Quote Post

gettogaara
post Dec 1 2011, 06:14 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Alignment: Neutral Evil

How would this work with an ATB system? 30 seconds definitley would'nt be enough. Would you go by amount of turns? I'm not thinking about using drive forms but I want a form for one of my characters where he gets surrounded by electricity......than again that might be able to be made as a state.

--------------------
Gaara: "I finally understand… I'm alone. I won't believe in anyone, or love anyone. I'm alone."

+Quote Post

Deoxys5
post Jan 2 2012, 04:00 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

QUOTE (Seppie @ Jul 21 2011, 10:24 PM) *
Drive Forms in the style of Kingdom Hearts II
Require some basic database knowledge

The Forms
For this tutorial, we will be using the 'Final' form. You must choose which forms you will use.

Common Events
To start off, let's go to the Common Events section of the Database. You will need to create 2 common events for every form.

You should name them accordingly, such as 'FINAL1' and 'FINAL2'

Open FINAL1 and insert a 'Flash Screen'. The basic settings work fine, just make sure to uncheck 'Wait For Completion'.

Insert a 'Play SE' after that, and choose 'Ice4' -- Those two will give us our eye candy.

Now, insert a 'Change Party Member' and add the 'Final Form' of your character (DO NOT INITIALIZE) , then remove the current form of your character.

Now, you will make a switch. Label it 'FinalForm' and turn it on. Now set a timer, and make it however long you want the form to remain in effect. I will set mine at 30 seconds.

Now, go to your 'FINAL2' Common Event. On the trigger, set it as 'Parallel Process' and make the switch 'FinalForm'.

Insert a conditional branch that will check if the timer is 0 min 0 sec OR LESS.

If so, insert a Flash Screen and Play SE as we did in the first, and Add the original character back, then remove the Form.

Set the timer to stop.

After this, turn off the 'FinalForm' switch.

Leave the area under 'Else' blank.

The Skill
Now, create a skill named 'Final Form' and give it an appropriate icon.

The scope should be 'NONE' and the Common Event will be 'FINAL1'

Be sure to decide when your character can drive up. Should it be only in battle, or anywhere?

Testing it
Be sure to test out your new drive form and make sure it all works fine.

SCREENSHOTS

The Common Events

The Skill

If you are having any problems, feel free to ask.

You can see the original post here: http://broken.eclipserpg.com/t7-eventing-d...dom-hearts-ii#7

Epic, Love it, one problem. When the form weres out, I'm kicked out of battle

+Quote Post

Pentagonbuddy
post Jan 4 2012, 05:36 PM
Post #9

Obligated To Love <3
Group Icon

Alignment: Unaligned

This is pretty old and I don't think Seppie is around to provide support, so you'll probably have more luck asking in the support forum about your evented woes, though there's also this thread.

Of course if you'd like your thread re-opened, feel free to PM me, Seppie!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd October 2014 - 09:34 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.