iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Heroes of Yore, [DEMO RELEASED]
Luneth
post Jul 26 2011, 03:56 AM
Post #1

Hero of Light
Group Icon

Type: Artist
Alignment: Chaotic Good

My name is Leon Alexander. I'm a treasure hunter of sorts. I've traveled around with my friend, Shamos, for years after my mother died.
And our travels have lead us here, in search of the famed Arcadia Caves. In search of something.

Spoiler:

Many eons ago, the world was a peaceful place. Every being prospered, and it seemed as though the world was perfect.
Beings known as Celestials watched over the world, protecting it very faithfully.
These blessed beings were charged with being the sentinels of all mankind. Unfortunately, there was one who was corrupted by the alure of a very special artifact...
With this artifact, the tides of time would be brought to the owner's heel. It was truly something that most Mortals would desire.
And, unfortunately, the Celestial known as Arrus also desired the artifact.
He brought whole nations under his control, for the sole purpose of seizing the artifact.
And the world will forever be torn asunder as result...

Spoiler:

10 Years previous to the present...
A woman lay in bed, suffering from symptoms of the plague. When she finally passes on to the Nether, she leaves behind a child named Leon,
crying for his mother.
A family friend, known as Byrum, arrives shortly after the child's mother's death. He spirits away Leon to live with him,
and rebuild his shattered life. Leon meets a young man, who is also in Byrum's care, known as Shamos.
The two become attached, just like brothers. 5 years later, the two boys decide to go out into the world on their own...

The Present
5 years after Leo and Shamos' departure from Byrum's
Leo and Shamos travel the world in search of fame and fortune.
While on their journey, they come across a legend of the mystical artifact that can control time.
Shamos, in the blink of an eye, persuades Leo into changing their journey's course to Arcadia Cave, where the mystical artifact was said to be kept.
What they find is not what they expect... Nor wish for.
The events that they are thrown into intertwine with many others' destinies, along with the world's destiny as well...

Meanwhile, countries collide over political disputes over unclaimed land. The countries of Zazial and Arcadia are struggling over unclaimed land
south of their borders, The Lost Continent of Mu. To inflame the situation, Zazial's ally, Soren, is now marching their armies into Arcadia, as if
to declare war on Arcadia. A Great War is approaching. Why is The Lost Continent of Mu so important? What could be there that the leaders of
these countries could desire so much?

Spoiler:
World Map
Spoiler:

Countries/Land Masses
The world of Lunessia is composed of 5 continents.
On those continents are seated 6 countries; Arcadia, Almia, Sazhial, Zazial, Laross, and Soren.
Arcadia:
A country deeply seated in a thicket of forests.
Arcadia is a country ruled by a several century old monarchy.
The main military power of the world, Arcadia stands undefeated in every war it has participated in, save for
one skirmish with Zazial. Currently at war with Zazial, and at increasing tensions with Soren, Arcadia is about to find itself in a
2 front war, something that not even the military power of the world could hope to withstand.
Almia:
A country seated on The Great Plains.
Almia is a country governed by her people, within her borders are where true democracy first found it's roots.
Almia is a neutral country in the current war. As of the moment, Almia is allowing Soren troops to pass through
their countryside. But, is this the sign of true neutrality?
Sazhial:
A country seated in The Great Wetlands.
Sister country of Zazial, founded by the same royal family.
Surrounded by swampland, Sazhial is the worlds major importer of christmas presents.
The only true resource of value that Sazhial can export is mythril, which can be found in it's bountiful
mythril mines all over the country.
Zazial:
A country seated in a snowy valley, high above the earth in perilous mountains.
Founded by the oldest monarchy in Lunessia, Zazial keeps true to it's culture, and turns away from the outside world.
Zazial is currently at war with Arcadia over a land dispute south of their borders.
Of all the military powers, Zazial is the weakest. But, with weakness comes strength if one knows how to utilize one's surroundings.
Mountains in Zazial make the capitol an impregnable fortress, giving rise to their famous geurilla tactics of hit and run.
It is hear that many people flee to escape the troubles of the world, if they can survive the treacherous mountains they must climb to arrive there...
Laross:
A country seated in extremely dense mountains.
Even more isolationist than that of Zazial, Laross is a country of mercenaries.
Laross has a somewhat democratic society. Elections of the country's leader are held in the form of tournaments. A leader must
win the tournament against fiend and man alike to ascend to the ruler of the country. Participants of the tournament are voted on and elected
by the populace.
Laross is a neutral country, loaning mercenaries to the highest bidder.
Soren:
A country deeply seated in a vast desert.
Soren is home to the youngest monarchy in Lunessia. 150 years ago, the the country was led into dictatorship by an elected official.
The man who removed him from power became the leader of the land, and he and his family have ruled since.
A strong military power, Soren is at tensions with Arcadia, and begining to march troops to the country's borders.
This can and will be considered an act of war if they cross into Arcadia's borders.
Surrounded by desert, Soren is constantly looking to expand it's borders for fertile land.

Spoiler:
Leon Alexander

Class: Warrior
"Let's blast through these guys!"
Leon (Leo for short) travels the world with his best friend, Shamos.
He dislikes talking about his past, and only opens up to those who he deems trustworthy, or those who need guidance.
He is very naive, not knowing the atrocities that others can commit.
His father, Leoroy, trained him in the art of the sword very briefly before he left home, so Leo has a basic understanding of the ways of combat.
He is, although, somewhat inexperienced.
But, above all, he is innocent. Shielded from the evils of others by Shamos, he can look at most situations without preconceived thoughts.
He and Shamos met 10 years ago, after his mother died of the plague. Afterwards, a family friend named Byrum took them under his wing
for a couple years, before Shamos and himself left for the life of treasure hunters.

Shamos

Class: Mercenary
"Heheh, you have no idea who you're fighting!"
Shamos travels the world with his best friend, Leo.
He and Leo met when Leo was 9, and he was 14.
He has watched over Leo like they were brothers since then, and tries to shield him from the evils of others.
Unlike Leo, Shamos is very experienced in combat, knowing the in's and out's of battle.
Overconfident and devious, he oft lets his mouth run wild, causing trouble for both Leo and himself.

Byrum

Class: Sage
"The tides of time can be swayed, if your resolve is strong enough..."
Wise, even beyond his elderly years, Byrum is a scholar at Arcadia Castle.
He took in Leo and Shamos when they had nowhere else to go, until they decided to set forth on their own journey.
With a big mind, and an even bigger heart, he is by far the kindest person in Arcadia Castle.
However, those who put his loved ones in danger are treated coldly.
His true age is not known to even his loved ones.
He is highly versatile in the way of the staff.

Marin

Class: Assassin
"Don't get cocky, or you'll get killed!"
Cool headed, calculating, and quick witted, Marin is not a woman to be trifled with.
Marcus and herself meet the party while carrying out a mission for their boss.
Her quick habit of solving problems with her blade cause her to turn her dagger on Leo and Shamos, but
is promptly stopped by Marcus. She is the voice of reason in the party during their journey, and her
logical input spell both boons and banes for the party's decisions.
She keeps to herself, and doesn't talk much. She becomes more open when Leo opens up to her.
Marin's weapon of choice is the dagger, because it compliments her high speed.

Marcus

Class: Thief
"Do you really need me to spell it out for you?"
Easy going and outspoken, Marcus is not afraid to voice his opinion when he deems the situation calls for it.
Marin and himself are treasure hunters for hire, selling precious treasure to the highest bidder.
When Marin and himself meet the party, Marcus stops Marin from attacking Shamos and Leo.
He is the mediator within the party, usually quelling arguments between others.
His sharp eyes can spot many things that others cannot, making him a valuable asset to the party.
Marcus uses rapiers. Combined with his quick footwork, he can out maneuver almost any opponent.

Spoiler:

Opening Scene

Opening Scene

Opening Scene

Arcadia Forest

Arcadia Forest Save Crystal

Uh-oh... A slime!

Foonghoul!

Arcadia Cavern

Is there something strange here?...

UPDATED SCREENS:
These screens are much more recent.
Spoiler:

Opening scene ^^

Field tutorial

New forest

Obtaining item from a chest

Le battle system tutorial

Aww, Leo's so nice :3

Le cave

Inside the cave

Inside the cave (pt. 2)

The boss fight with Skelegog

What is happening here? I bet you can figure it out wink.gif

Waking up after the fight

The inn at Arcadia city

'Central' the middle section of Arcadia City

The grandeur of Arcadia Castle!

The Castle library

The introduction of two very special people.

Before

After
Quite feisty aren't they?

Aaaaand, NEW SCREENS
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Tankentai SBS with ATB addon to give battles a fast paced feel
Spin battle command addon to give battles a nicer flow
Battle HUD addon to give the HP/MP/ATB gauges a nicer feel
A wide array of field abilities that the player shall learn to complete puzzles/gain access to treasures throughout the game
Time Travel to certain points in the game to change outcomes of events
On screen enemies that you must interact with to engage in battle with them
Good mapping to keep your eyes amused throughout the game
Multiple Sidequests
...and much more!

DEMO RELEASED
Please note, there are two ways you can download the demo.
Option 1
Demo Link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?3uifyl77t3a6gwf
With this Download, you get the whole thing in one file. It is around 170mb though, so this isn't recommended for those with slow computers.

Option 2
Here there are 2 files. The first is the encrypted folder with the instruments necessary to play the game.
The second folder is the Audio folder, where most of the megabytes are.

Game
http://www.mediafire.com/?alebyl514lf7mqr
Audio
http://www.mediafire.com/?jjiiaaac3thvad2
YOU MUST DOWNLOAD BOTH OF THESE FILES TO PLAY THE GAME
INSTRUCTIONS
First, download the 2 files. Afterward, extract both of them. Cut the extracted Audio folder and place it into theHeroes of Yore ~ Bare Demo folder. Install
the fonts in the Fonts folder if needed, and you can then play the game.

Stuff about the Demo: Well, here it is. I decided to cut the demo to around 30 minutes, so i could have more time to build to the next point of real suspense/cliffhanger
(Mean, ain't I? wink.gif ) I'd like to say that this is an Introductory Demo, meaning that this is just part of the Introduction to the game. There may be errors that I missed
(And that is really likely dry.gif) so please know that they will be fixed/patched in the new demo. As of what I know now, there is no game-breaking bugs that
plagues this demo, however, if you find one, or any kind of error that you'd wish to share with me, please let me know! smile.gif
Constructive Criticism is encouraged! Let me know how I can make this game more enjoyable for everyone!
Now, please set back and enjoy the demo smile.gif
I trimmed down the size of the project by about 25ish megabytes. I hope this makes it a little more convenient for you guys!

And finally...
CREDITS:
Spoiler:
Graphics:
Sprites: Famitsu, Momope, Enterbrain, Soruve, FenixFyreX, Terra-Chan, Kazzador, Night Wolf,
LordBagardo, PinedaVX, Vibrato, Rajawali, Aine, Hanzo Kimura, Avadan, Zai, Yumi gain, Matsuo Kaito
Tiles: Coming of Age day, Mack, Enterbrain, Avadan, Soruve, Ceianna, Lord Bluffkin, Fauxonym,
Pentagon Buddy, Hanzo Kimura, Matsuo Kaito
Animation: Ice Dragon
BattleStart: Mitchi.exe
Certain Patterns: Webtreats.mysitemyway.com
Music:
Enterbrain, Atlus, Square Enix, Nemesis Theory, Hades, Tulvadar, Pushbar, Maverlyn, CreamingStar, cerberusVII,
Jeff Heim, madboss, MaestroRage, cherrol, ZStriefel, rb10c, MaestroRage, Squale, Smartpoetic, TommyUlysesGrant, KACSKA16
Scripting:
Enu, Kylock, Mr. Bubble, Shu, Nitro, bulletxt, Yanfly, Hanzo Kimura, MogHunter, CrimsonSeas, Ziifee, Woratana, Omegas7,
modern algerbra, Reedo, Star, KGC, Rockleedude, DerVVulfman, Lomexi, Ccoa, Agckuu Coceg, OriginalWij, Syval, Mithran, BigEd, Watermelon

Updates/Authors Notes
Spoiler:
7/25/11: Created Topic
7/26/11: Created Support Bar
Appended World

Support
If you liked this topic, then please support it biggrin.gif
CODE
[url="http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=48021"][IMG]http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/9629/heroesofyoresupportba2r.png[/IMG][/url]

To all who have read my topic, thank you very much for reading! I hope I have succeeded in entertaining you/sparking your interest.
Constructive criticism is highly appreciated!

This post has been edited by Luneth: Aug 8 2012, 04:38 PM

--------------------
V CLICK THIS FOR AWSOME PICTURE V
Spoiler:
You know Lightning is awsome ;)

Spoiler:

That's right ~desu

I support:
Spoiler:
Games:

Tutorials:

Other:

My thing(s):
Spoiler:

My Project:

My Project Development Blog:
http://heroesofyoreproductions.wordpress.com

If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Klaine
post Jul 26 2011, 10:38 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed

Whoa...it's impressive ohmy.gif

--------------------

My Projects ~
Spoiler:

I Support ~
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

ak47lol
post Jul 29 2011, 09:40 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Hey, Luneth!
The game's looking great so far! I really like the cavern maps.
Hope for a demo soon. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Luneth
post Jul 29 2011, 11:01 PM
Post #4

Hero of Light
Group Icon

@Klaine and Ak
Thank you both so much biggrin.gif
Demo might be out earlier than expected, depending on how next week goes.

Here is my new Title Screen.
Celianna's amazing tutorial is to thank.

The video quality is horrible though, so it looks really laggy.
In game it runs MUCH smoother than this.

--------------------
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

That's right ~desu

I support:
Spoiler:
Games:

Tutorials:

Other:

My thing(s):
Spoiler:

My Project:

If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig!

+Quote Post

Luneth
post Aug 4 2011, 03:59 PM
Post #5

Hero of Light
Group Icon

Sorry for double post/bumping my own thread, but I'm not going to get the August 9th deadline.
It'll be a couple weeks, since I have to mess with my PSDs of my parallaxed maps.
I believe that this demo will be ready by early September.
Thanks for reading! smile.gif

--------------------
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

That's right ~desu

I support:
Spoiler:
Games:

Tutorials:

Other:

My thing(s):
Spoiler:

My Project:

+Quote Post

Steysel
post Sep 10 2011, 12:07 PM
Post #6

Freaky Geeky Nerdy Guy
Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: True Neutral

Well, it's early September now.. huh.gif mellow.gif

--------------------
I support :
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Luneth
post Sep 11 2011, 01:57 PM
Post #7

Hero of Light
Group Icon

Don't worry, I finally got it wink.gif

UPDATE! 9/11/11
DEMO RELEASED
Please note, there are two ways you can download the demo.
Option 1
Demo Link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?3uifyl77t3a6gwf
With this Download, you get the whole thing in one file. It is around 170mb though, so this isn't recommended for those with slow computers.

Option 2
Here there are 2 files. The first is the encrypted folder with the instruments necessary to play the game.
The second folder is the Audio folder, where most of the megabytes are.

Game
http://www.mediafire.com/?alebyl514lf7mqr
Audio
http://www.mediafire.com/?jjiiaaac3thvad2
YOU MUST DOWNLOAD BOTH OF THESE FILES TO PLAY THE GAME
INSTRUCTIONS
First, download the 2 files. Afterward, extract both of them. Cut the extracted Audio folder and place it into theHeroes of Yore ~ Bare Demo folder. Install
the fonts in the Fonts folder if needed, and you can then play the game.

Stuff about the Demo: Well, here it is. I decided to cut the demo to around 30 minutes, so i could have more time to build to the next point of real suspense/cliffhanger
(Mean, ain't I? wink.gif ) I'd like to say that this is an Introductory Demo, meaning that this is just part of the Introduction to the game. There may be errors that I missed
(And that is really likely dry.gif) so please know that they will be fixed/patched in the new demo. As of what I know now, there is no game-breaking bugs that
plagues this demo, however, if you find one, or any kind of error that you'd wish to share with me, please let me know! smile.gif
Constructive Criticism is encouraged! Let me know how I can make this game more enjoyable for everyone!
Now, please set back and enjoy the demo smile.gif
I trimmed down the size of the project by about 25ish megabytes. I hope this makes it a little more convenient for you guys!

This post has been edited by Luneth: Sep 11 2011, 09:51 PM

--------------------
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

That's right ~desu

I support:
Spoiler:
Games:

Tutorials:

Other:

My thing(s):
Spoiler:

My Project:

+Quote Post

Steysel
post Sep 11 2011, 02:11 PM
Post #8

Freaky Geeky Nerdy Guy
Group Icon

Allrriiight!! Game time!! >=D

QUOTE (Luneth @ Sep 11 2011, 09:57 PM) *
I decided to cut the demo to around 30 minutes,

Wait what? A 192mb file with only 30 minutes gameplay?

This post has been edited by Steysel: Sep 11 2011, 02:16 PM

--------------------
I support :
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Luneth
post Sep 11 2011, 02:18 PM
Post #9

Hero of Light
Group Icon

I have 99.9 percent of the character graphics in there I will use for the whole game. And almost all maps are parallaxed.
Also, another 30 minutes is locked in the demo. That plus another hour will be the next demo, I just didn't remove those maps.
Quite alot in there I guess...

This post has been edited by Luneth: Sep 11 2011, 02:22 PM

--------------------
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

That's right ~desu

I support:
Spoiler:
Games:

Tutorials:

Other:

My thing(s):
Spoiler:

My Project:

+Quote Post

EvilEagles
post Sep 11 2011, 02:21 PM
Post #10

Viva La Revolución!
Group Icon

Alignment: Unaligned

Thought this project was promising and I was gonna download this for real and make a review quite right away but when I saw how heavy it was I considered again ...
Anyway I'm gonna download it tonight and tomorrow will see how it is happy.gif

+Quote Post

Steysel
post Sep 11 2011, 02:22 PM
Post #11

Freaky Geeky Nerdy Guy
Group Icon

Oh well.. :/ *downloads the demo*

EDIT:
Well I've played though the demo a bit till I reached the cave. So I got some comments.

1)The title screen is epic!

2)The intro is epic. The animation on map is great(especially the roundabout sword slash).

3)Is the main character's name Leo or Leon?

4)Leo(or Leon?) and Shamos seems to have been travelling for a long time, but the way the tutorials are put together doesn't make sense cause it sounds like they both just started travelling.

5)I love the forests. The wildlife and the trees are exquisite!

6)The bats in the cave are bit too powerful for level 1. Can you tone them down a bit?

This post has been edited by Steysel: Sep 12 2011, 06:37 AM

--------------------
I support :
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Raven The Dark A...
post Sep 12 2011, 02:46 PM
Post #12

aka RavenTDA
Group Icon

Hey just got done playing your demo. Look promising so far. Right now there's a bit of an issue with game balance. The enemies are too hard right now and I had to grind off of slimes at first before I could really progress. I really don't like grinding and to do it RIGHT on the first level is a bit much. The cut-scene in the middle of the cave is very confusing. I thought they exited the cave at first and when it switched back it was like :\??? It was too abrupt and not clear enough in and out. I couldn't figure out what was happening on both scene transfers so you might want to clear that kind of thing up or have them talk in the cave or just SOMETHING else. I did like the cute going to sleep animation on the main character. Your story is way too early to tell on right now... in fact the entire demo was way too fast. If I didn't have to grind it'd be five minutes. I liked how you broke up the tutorials but like Steysel says, the tutorials and flash back in the cave are confusing with each other. The tutorials suggest they are first starting to travel (maybe not more than a day) the very weird flashback in the cave suggests otherwise. Personally I'd remove the flashback in the cave and say what you need to with the characters in the cave or save that scene for later because it's messing the flow up. I dunno if I like these introductory demos that seem to be popping up lately because it feels like I've wasted a long time downloading for such little gameplay which is a turn off. But I do hope to play more next time. Seems much better suited to contain it inside a video if it's that short.

This post has been edited by Raven The Dark Angel: Sep 12 2011, 02:50 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Adrasteia
post Sep 12 2011, 09:08 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

Type: Spriter
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

I was going to try the demo until I read Raven's post. I don't really do grinding.

However, I am very interested in this game, so I'll keep an eye on the thread and see if the next demo fixes the balance issues. Only one thing bothers me: why would something like the crystal exist? Who made it, and for what purpose? Why aren't they using it? You don't have to spoil me, I just hope this is addressed in the game instead of left unexplained.

--------------------
Except for the rare boss who changes sides or escapes at the last minute, all fights will be to the death. A single mugger, standing over the bodies of seven of his felled colleagues, will still fight against a team of god-slaying juggernauts until his last breath. Surrender can never be offered, and would presumably be rejected out of hand, anyway.

+Quote Post

Steysel
post Sep 13 2011, 05:47 AM
Post #14

Freaky Geeky Nerdy Guy
Group Icon

Hey Luneth, mind to share the forest trees tiles with us?? laugh.gif tongue.gif

--------------------
I support :
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Luneth
post Sep 13 2011, 10:20 AM
Post #15

Hero of Light
Group Icon

QUOTE (Steysel @ Sep 11 2011, 08:22 AM) *
Oh well.. :/ *downloads the demo*

EDIT:
Well I've played though the demo a bit till I reached the cave. So I got some comments.

1)The title screen is epic!

2)The intro is epic. The animation on map is great(especially the roundabout sword slash).

3)Is the main character's name Leo or Leon?

4)Leo(or Leon?) and Shamos seems to have been travelling for a long time, but the way the tutorials are put together doesn't make sense cause it sounds like they both just started travelling.

5)I love the forests. The wildlife and the trees are exquisite!

6)The bats in the cave are bit too powerful for level 1. Can you tone them down a bit?

Thank you for your opinions!
The main character's name is Leon, but those close to him gave him the nickname Leo.
The tutorials are kinda redundant, but hopefully that'll change in the next demo.
Also, the bats shall be changed, I thought they were a little too hard.

Hey Luneth, mind to share the forest trees tiles with us??

Those trees are recolors from Hanzo I think.
I don't know if he wants those recolors moving about, but I have the original link to another forum with the original trees.
Spoiler:
http://www.omega-dev.net/forums/showthread.php?tid=926

They all belong to Benben, posted by bioteam. Hanzo recolored many of them, saturated them, etc. to fit them to the VX format. Really amazing stuff!

QUOTE (Raven The Dark Angel @ Sep 12 2011, 08:46 AM) *
Hey just got done playing your demo. Look promising so far. Right now there's a bit of an issue with game balance. The enemies are too hard right now and I had to grind off of slimes at first before I could really progress. I really don't like grinding and to do it RIGHT on the first level is a bit much. The cut-scene in the middle of the cave is very confusing. I thought they exited the cave at first and when it switched back it was like :\??? It was too abrupt and not clear enough in and out. I couldn't figure out what was happening on both scene transfers so you might want to clear that kind of thing up or have them talk in the cave or just SOMETHING else. I did like the cute going to sleep animation on the main character. Your story is way too early to tell on right now... in fact the entire demo was way too fast. If I didn't have to grind it'd be five minutes. I liked how you broke up the tutorials but like Steysel says, the tutorials and flash back in the cave are confusing with each other. The tutorials suggest they are first starting to travel (maybe not more than a day) the very weird flashback in the cave suggests otherwise. Personally I'd remove the flashback in the cave and say what you need to with the characters in the cave or save that scene for later because it's messing the flow up. I dunno if I like these introductory demos that seem to be popping up lately because it feels like I've wasted a long time downloading for such little gameplay which is a turn off. But I do hope to play more next time. Seems much better suited to contain it inside a video if it's that short.

Thank you for taking the time to review!
The cut scene in the cave was abrupt. I'll probably have it appear a little later.
The demo was pretty short, I wanted to kind of introduce everything to get everyone's opinions.
That'll all change when the next demo comes out. More story essentially.

QUOTE (Adrasteia @ Sep 12 2011, 03:08 PM) *
I was going to try the demo until I read Raven's post. I don't really do grinding.

However, I am very interested in this game, so I'll keep an eye on the thread and see if the next demo fixes the balance issues. Only one thing bothers me: why would something like the crystal exist? Who made it, and for what purpose? Why aren't they using it? You don't have to spoil me, I just hope this is addressed in the game instead of left unexplained.

Thank you for your interest!
Do you mean the Crystalys? The whole game centers around how it has effected the world. It is explained in game, don't worry ^^

Thank you all for your interest and opinions! biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Luneth: Jan 16 2012, 06:52 PM

--------------------
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

That's right ~desu

I support:
Spoiler:
Games:

Tutorials:

Other:

My thing(s):
Spoiler:

My Project:

+Quote Post

bioteam
post Sep 13 2011, 11:00 AM
Post #16

Group Icon

Alignment: Lawful Evil

Those trees are recolors from Hanzo I think.
I don't know if he wants those recolors moving about, but I have the original link to another forum with the original trees.
Spoiler:
http://www.omega-dev.net/forums/showthread.php?tid=926

The other tiles are also Hanzo's. Really great tiles ^^

Though I posted them up, the original creator is Benben, even for the ones in Hanzo's topic.

--------------------

Supported:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

luiishu535
post Sep 13 2011, 01:50 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

Alignment: Neutral Good

Looking good. I might try the demo out later if I get some time.

--------------------

My current project:
Castle Oblivion 3

+Quote Post

Kyriaki
post Sep 14 2011, 04:34 AM
Post #18

Reviewer
Group Icon

Alignment: Lawful Neutral

I played it, overall it's a very solid game. As far as the mapping and eventing go they are nicely done: clean and evenly paced. But I have a few gripes about the overall demo if you will. First of all the font needs some serious changing. It makes some words hard to read because of the awkward spacing on some letters and there are no arrows for your equipment menu. Also, the use of the orange name text (along with similar use of graphics and opening situation) makes the entire game feel like "Amulet of Athos Lite".

I don't mean to rain on your parade or anything, quite the opposite. I think the project has a lot of potential but you aren't doing much to make it stand apart from similarly themed projects. While you have all this nice stuff in your maps, eventing, and graphics the dialogue leaves a little something to be desired as far as believability goes for the beginning sequence. Leo and on, however, it isn't so bad.

= = = = = = = = = =
Gameplay Issues
1.) When you have your first map detailing the monster wandering system there is the slime then a mushroom at the end of the map (and the cobald in front of the chest) which are particularly hard enough to have to use skills - but then on the next map it teaches you how to use skills. I think the all of the monsters on the first map should be turned into slimes in order to be newbie friendly (maybe even give more exp).

2.) Save Points: two things. Why don't save points heal you? I liked the placement of the save points, but if you are just able to save and not heal up, why not just leave save in the menu? Also, there seemed to be quite a lot of save slots, I don't know if the average player would utilize so many - 10 or so tops should be enough and that's being generous.
= = = = = = = = = =

Also this last point is just more of a suggestion than a complaint, I think Jet's One-Press Sprint snippet would do this game a lot of good since there are on-screen encounters to eliminate the need to hold shift down while trying to maneuver around them. That's all for now, good luck with your project.

--------------------
.: Current Project :.

+Quote Post

Luneth
post Sep 14 2011, 03:18 PM
Post #19

Hero of Light
Group Icon

QUOTE (luiishu535 @ Sep 13 2011, 06:50 AM) *
Looking good. I might try the demo out later if I get some time.

Alright, thanks for the interest!

QUOTE (Kyriaki @ Sep 13 2011, 09:34 PM) *
I played it, overall it's a very solid game. As far as the mapping and eventing go they are nicely done: clean and evenly paced. But I have a few gripes about the overall demo if you will. First of all the font needs some serious changing. It makes some words hard to read because of the awkward spacing on some letters and there are no arrows for your equipment menu. Also, the use of the orange name text (along with similar use of graphics and opening situation) makes the entire game feel like "Amulet of Athos Lite".

I don't mean to rain on your parade or anything, quite the opposite. I think the project has a lot of potential but you aren't doing much to make it stand apart from similarly themed projects. While you have all this nice stuff in your maps, eventing, and graphics the dialogue leaves a little something to be desired as far as believability goes for the beginning sequence. Leo and on, however, it isn't so bad.

= = = = = = = = = =
Gameplay Issues
1.) When you have your first map detailing the monster wandering system there is the slime then a mushroom at the end of the map (and the cobald in front of the chest) which are particularly hard enough to have to use skills - but then on the next map it teaches you how to use skills. I think the all of the monsters on the first map should be turned into slimes in order to be newbie friendly (maybe even give more exp).

2.) Save Points: two things. Why don't save points heal you? I liked the placement of the save points, but if you are just able to save and not heal up, why not just leave save in the menu? Also, there seemed to be quite a lot of save slots, I don't know if the average player would utilize so many - 10 or so tops should be enough and that's being generous.
= = = = = = = = = =

Also this last point is just more of a suggestion than a complaint, I think Jet's One-Press Sprint snippet would do this game a lot of good since there are on-screen encounters to eliminate the need to hold shift down while trying to maneuver around them. That's all for now, good luck with your project.

Thank you very much for taking the time to review!
On the issue with the font, I have been looking around for a good font to use, and a new style to use for the names. Although I can't really find any blackish transparent like windows
for windowskins though (Probably haven't looked hard enough). I'm going for a mix between Final Fantasy XII's windowskin and Dragon Quest VIII's windowskin.
The opening sequence is actually supposed to intrigue you, in a way. Throughout the game, you will see more and more scenes of Laurant's life and what led up to/happened after
that night in the intro. At the moment, it is kind of supposed to puzzle you, but will find out more in the next demo.
1) This is what I was probably going to do, actually. I may leave the Cobald though, because he's guarding a good weapon. But that's a maybe. I'm trying to balance
the difficulty, and hopefully I do better next time.
2)I may also do this, but save points would be less frequent. I want the game to be challanging, but not frustratingly impossible. I'm debating on this, so I may or may not. Probably in the may favor though wink.gif
Thanks to ya'll for looking at the topic!

--------------------
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

That's right ~desu

I support:
Spoiler:
Games:

Tutorials:

Other:

My thing(s):
Spoiler:

My Project:

+Quote Post

Raindeerman
post Dec 9 2011, 05:14 PM
Post #20

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed
Alignment: Lawful Good

Looks like it'll be a really good game when it's done! Good job Luneth. I particularly like the forest maps, they look really good (the layout and the screen FX). I felt like the cave might be able to use a little work though. Don't get me wrong the cave also looks good, it just didn't feel quite right going from that awesome forest into the cave... idk. Another thing, those are some badass bats! they kicked my ass the first time encountering them, wasn't expecting them to be so strong! But again, it looks awesome! I'm definitely waiting for the full game! biggrin.gif

--------------------
My Project:

I support:

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st September 2014 - 05:40 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.