iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!
12 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> [VX] Genesis, Traditional RPG themes meet new, exciting twists. DEMO RELEASED!
fmstwre
post Aug 2 2011, 04:19 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Lawful Good

Want to follow this project? I've moved!
Click the banner up top to get to the new thread!

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

silversnake
post Aug 2 2011, 05:09 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Looks good so far. 5 hours of gameplay you got a demo coming out? Btw were did you get the flying airship in your pic? I could really use it for my game if you would be so kind.

--------------------
My Game
I support

+Quote Post

fmstwre
post Aug 2 2011, 05:12 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

QUOTE (silversnake @ Aug 2 2011, 06:09 PM) *
Looks good so far. 5 hours of gameplay you got a demo coming out? Btw were did you get the flying airship in your pic? I could really use it for my game if you would be so kind.

I have a full time job and stuff so developing a demo is a pain in the ass, plus I won't be fully done with the game for a while, so I don't want people to play the game now and forget what happened and resume later. I'll message you the Airship thing.

I actually made the demo tongue.gif.

This post has been edited by CrimsonItsuki: Aug 5 2011, 05:34 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

silversnake
post Aug 2 2011, 11:35 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Played a bit of your demo not alot I'll continue more later gotta go shopping but some things I noticed.

Battle tutorial was pretty funny but long.
I like the music chosen at the start of game It feels like you are really moving fast paced to destroy something. Also that feeling of being under pressure I like that. Character dialogue seems good so far. Story while I know little seems exciting.

Now your mapping I understand were in a differant dimension but can you make it a little less bland.

Battle system - Ok my main problem was not seeing how much damage I was doing. My characters are like level 95 I want to see some massive damage being dealt not just there heath bar lower when I attack them. Also with how high level you have the characters at the start and later get back to lvl 1 Im just worried about 1 thing. That is the strongest im ever going to be is that first moment in the game. I really dought my character is going to reach level 95 again by the end of your game I just dont see it happening. Maybe make them a little lower level so that way when I do get to the end of your game I was as strong as I was when I first started your game. Also for level 95 character the main dude doesnt have alot of skills. You say battle system is the main thing in your game but am I really going to level up so much to only have 1 skill when I play the game? These are some things I would look into.

I just got to the town so im not far in at all. I'll let you know of more things later.

--------------------
My Game
I support

+Quote Post

fmstwre
post Aug 2 2011, 11:46 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Dude I'm so sorry. You are suppossed to see the amount of damage you do. Shit I completely forgot. The font I used isn't pre packaged in some computers. Ill get on it right away sad.gif. Stay tuned!

--------------------

+Quote Post

fmstwre
post Aug 2 2011, 11:49 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

QUOTE (silversnake @ Aug 3 2011, 12:35 AM) *
Played a bit of your demo not alot I'll continue more later gotta go shopping but some things I noticed.

Battle tutorial was pretty funny but long.
I like the music chosen at the start of game It feels like you are really moving fast paced to destroy something. Also that feeling of being under pressure I like that. Character dialogue seems good so far. Story while I know little seems exciting.

Now your mapping I understand were in a differant dimension but can you make it a little less bland.

Battle system - Ok my main problem was not seeing how much damage I was doing. My characters are like level 95 I want to see some massive damage being dealt not just there heath bar lower when I attack them. Also with how high level you have the characters at the start and later get back to lvl 1 Im just worried about 1 thing. That is the strongest im ever going to be is that first moment in the game. I really dought my character is going to reach level 95 again by the end of your game I just dont see it happening. Maybe make them a little lower level so that way when I do get to the end of your game I was as strong as I was when I first started your game. Also for level 95 character the main dude doesnt have alot of skills. You say battle system is the main thing in your game but am I really going to level up so much to only have 1 skill when I play the game? These are some things I would look into.

Thanks I appreciate it. The amount of damage you display is suppossed to be there, Its because I use a wierd font that not many computers have I realized. The font issue will be fixed. It is suppossed to have damage, and I feel your pain. And about the leveling, don't worry, my game will have monsters and enemies by the endgame that you will reach level 99. I promise. And the reason for the lack of skills was mainly because I don't want to give many away. Don't worry, the main character will have around 18 skills by the end. And that's not really that much compared to your other party members.

This post has been edited by CrimsonItsuki: Aug 3 2011, 02:28 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

adrien.
post Aug 2 2011, 11:51 PM
Post #7

Smells like Teen Suicide
Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Whats really holding me back from liking this game is your thread lay out. Your maps need a lot of work but that's OK. the story is OK and the characters are...OK. I mean if its your first time ever making a game then....OK. But i really think you could benefit from taking the time to make your maps properly and maybe flush out the characters and their character development a bit more.

Good luck

--------------------
Click the spoiler to see my current project

Spoiler:

logo by: rgangsta | Look for game details come Fall 2011

+Quote Post

fmstwre
post Aug 3 2011, 12:15 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

QUOTE (adrien. @ Aug 3 2011, 12:51 AM) *
Whats really holding me back from liking this game is your thread lay out. Your maps need a lot of work but that's OK. the story is OK and the characters are...OK. I mean if its your first time ever making a game then....OK. But i really think you could benefit from taking the time to make your maps properly and maybe flush out the characters and their character development a bit more.

Good luck

EDIT: Pointless arguement.

This post has been edited by Blood-RedItspooki: Oct 11 2011, 02:32 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Anderson88
post Aug 3 2011, 10:30 PM
Post #9

Grammar Nazi
Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Unaligned

Hey, I just read through and it sounds really great! I wonder if the demo will be as I picture it. biggrin.gif

Ooh, I'm still downloading the BGM and I realized that you're using a Final Fantasy IX song! Love that game. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Anderson88: Aug 3 2011, 10:47 PM

--------------------
Currently working on Eternal Bond : Chains of Fate.

I support :
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

fmstwre
post Aug 3 2011, 10:38 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

QUOTE (Anderson88 @ Aug 3 2011, 10:30 PM) *
Hey, I just read through and it sounds really great! I wonder if the demo will be as I picture it. biggrin.gif

I hope so too! Please leave your comments whether they be positive or negative! And dont forget to download both audio files (the big one and the small one) and put them into the BGM folder! Let me know what you think biggrin.gif

Ooh, I'm still downloading the BGM and I realized that you're using a Final Fantasy IX song! Love that game

There's plenty of BGM that you'll notice, I promise. My musical selection is one of my greatest assets in my opinion. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by CrimsonItsuki: Aug 4 2011, 12:05 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Anderson88
post Aug 3 2011, 10:54 PM
Post #11

Grammar Nazi
Group Icon

Ah, I'll list some things you might want to fix as I play through.

First, in the beginning where it asks you to view the tutorial, you spelled it "veiw" (Minor detail)
And in the battle tutorial, the guy tells you to select "Dual Attack" however, the skill is named "Sword Combo" in the menu.

Edit: W H O A . . . It's amazing! How did you create such an urgent feeling like that? I played up to Chapter 1 and I can tell that you put a good deal of effort in it.

Misspelled "Alright" When talking to the guy near the gravestones. "Allright fine. I'll go do this."

Oh yeah, your dialogue seems a little bit rushed.
I feel so unlucky as I forgot the enemies could critical too. Died from the zombie. dry.gif

This post has been edited by Anderson88: Aug 4 2011, 12:21 AM

--------------------

I support :
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

fmstwre
post Aug 3 2011, 11:45 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

QUOTE (Anderson88 @ Aug 3 2011, 10:54 PM) *
Ah, I'll list some things you might want to fix as I play through.

First, in the beginning where it asks you to view the tutorial, you spelled it "veiw" (Minor detail)
And in the battle tutorial, the guy tells you to select "Dual Attack" however, the skill is named "Sword Combo" in the menu.

Edit: W H O A . . . It's amazing! How did you create such an urgent feeling like that? I played up to Chapter 1 and I can tell that you put a good deal of effort in it.

Misspelled "Alright" When talking to the guy near the gravestones. "Allright fine. I'll go do this."

Oh yeah, your dialogue seems a little bit rushed.

And I apprecieate the comment about the intensity. I feel that music is the most important part of my game, and I originally made the first month of developing cater to musical selections.

Yeah, there are some slight spelling errors, I revamped the game 4 times, (changing skill name etc.) and also The intro was modded a good 10x, so I got a little frustrated. The spelling mistakes for that matter aren't huge, but I definetely appreciate you pointing those out. fixing now.
And the dialogue being rushed, I apologize for that. I try to make this game as fast-paced as possible, but it should get better soon. keep going friend!

I feel so unlucky as I forgot the enemies could critical too. Died from the zombie.

Don't sweat it, this game is geared to be difficult, and the boss battles are suppossed to have an element of luck to it.

This post has been edited by CrimsonItsuki: Aug 4 2011, 12:30 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Anderson88
post Aug 4 2011, 12:26 AM
Post #13

Grammar Nazi
Group Icon

Alright! I'll continue to point out minor errors to make your game as good as possible. happy.gif

This post has been edited by Anderson88: Aug 4 2011, 12:27 AM

--------------------

I support :
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

fmstwre
post Aug 4 2011, 12:28 AM
Post #14

Group Icon

Haha! Why thank you...
And if you could balance out those errors with compliments...that'd be...oh so nice tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Anderson88
post Aug 4 2011, 12:33 AM
Post #15

Grammar Nazi
Group Icon

Oh yes, did I mention that the very beginning, the copyright part. The song, and stuff... it REALLY would make someone want to see what the game has to offer.

--------------------

I support :
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Joerao
post Aug 4 2011, 12:33 AM
Post #16

Group Icon

Type: Musician
Alignment: Neutral Evil

No matter what you say, no matter how good your game is, people are not going to download it if your thread doesn't look good. Take a few days and spruce up your thread; maybe find someone to help you do that. It doesn't matter whether your game is incredible because people won't see it.

--------------------

+Quote Post

fmstwre
post Aug 4 2011, 12:35 AM
Post #17

Group Icon

QUOTE (Anderson88 @ Aug 4 2011, 12:33 AM) *
Oh yes, did I mention that the very beginning, the copyright part. The song, and stuff... it REALLY would make someone want to see what the game has to offer.

I thank you. The music is the most important part of the game for me. And wait until you here the boss BGM from when you fight the sacred beast battle...you'll go berserk wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

fmstwre
post Aug 4 2011, 12:48 AM
Post #18

Group Icon

QUOTE (Joerao @ Aug 4 2011, 01:33 AM) *
No matter what you say, no matter how good your game is, people are not going to download it if your thread doesn't look good. Take a few days and spruce up your thread; maybe find someone to help you do that. It doesn't matter whether your game is incredible because people won't see it.

I was looking into that, and believe me, it's a little difficult for me. I just kind of want to know one things. If you can tell me how or link me to the tutorial, that'll be awesome, but I want the images to show up next to the text, without using attatchments. Thanks for the concern btw! Any help would be great!

EDIT: and sorry for double posting, my internets kinda screwy and I just saw your comment, while I saw the one after yours before. Sorry sad.gif

This post has been edited by CrimsonItsuki: Aug 4 2011, 12:54 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Anderson88
post Aug 4 2011, 12:56 AM
Post #19

Grammar Nazi
Group Icon

QUOTE (BigEd781 @ Aug 3 2011, 03:09 PM) *
Non-standard (for Windows) line breaks would be my guess... not all platforms use \r\n to signify a line break. Pasting it first into Notepad will normalize them.

Actually I didn't think the thread looked bad at all, it was a good idea to put "Demo Out" in large letters. It's just that the thread didn't look very colourful or interesting at first.

--------------------

I support :
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

fmstwre
post Aug 4 2011, 12:57 AM
Post #20

Group Icon

QUOTE (Anderson88 @ Aug 4 2011, 01:56 AM) *
Actually I didn't think the thread looked bad at all, it was a good idea to put "Demo Out" in large letters. It's just that the thread didn't look very colourful or interesting at first.

Well, yes, but I do agree with him. I need to spice it up a bit...a lot.

--------------------

+Quote Post

12 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 11:29 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.