@Craze: I don't even care if you credit me. Do whatever you like.
QUOTE (Fated @ Sep 16 2008, 02:07 AM)
Some issues with the script:
1) The text runs over in the skills window if you have a decently sized skill name, for example "Sword Mastery" does not fit, which is a pretty reasonable length name for a skill, it gets cut off at the e, so it displays "Sword Maste"
2) The "New skills" display on the skills window adds an "s" to the end of whatever you set your "skills" name to be in the terms section of the database, mine is called "Ability" so when I level up, it says "New Abilitys", the same problem would happen if I called it "Abilities" in the database, it'd end up being "Abilitiess", I could change it to "Skill" and that would work fine, but in my game, I define my abilities as either weapon skills or magic spells, so I don't want the entire category to be called "Skills"
3) Not a problem with the script itself, but, you named the arrow something weird, I had to change it to the proper name of "level_up_arrow" once I got errored out because it was misnamed.
Now that I think about it... I don't need the skills window, so I will be using this, lol <_>
This is a very nice looking script, thanks for making it.
Yes, there are some issues here. I tried to strike a balance between long skill names and window size, so I made it large enough to fit just the longest skill name that is in the database by default. For your case, you can modify one line to make the skill window wider. Everything else will fall into place and automatically rearrange itself.
Make the width a bit wider there. One thing though, SKILL_WINDOW_WIDTH and STAT_WINDOW_WIDTH cannot add up to be more than 544, the width of the screen, so keep that in mind. I will make the "Skills" title more configurable in a little bit for you. I'll just make it a config option. The arrow name must have been changed when I uploaded it. Thanks for pointing that out, I'll make a note at the top of the page.