iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

The 2nd Quarter Contest has arrived! Go check it out in the Community Announcements now!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hexcimal's Battler Edits!, Edited RTP battlers, why not?
hexcimal
post Aug 5 2011, 03:23 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Hello everyone and thank you so much for stopping by! ;D
I'm new to this site, so please forgive me if I don't seem to be up-to-date with everything going on, or if I seem inexperienced (which is, of course, because I am...)

Nevertheless, I wanted to open this place up to those that are interested in the battlers presented by RPG Maker VX's RTP, but want something a bit different in design. I recently just started doing this for myself, and after liking what I made, I decided to share it with the rest of the community, as well as opening this place up for requests of others as well! Please understand, my skill is beyond depressing, so I can only do simple edits of already-existing battlers, but by all means I will be happy to try my best to fit whatever you'd like into it. wink.gif

I know, I know, you're all getting impatient for seeing what I actually have, don't you?

Finished Project(s):
Spoiler:

I needed a boss that appeared to control the four elements, which obviously the game doesn't come with, so I mixed this together using the "Vampire" battler as the base, and then added in parts of the "Waterspirit," "Ifrit," and "Earthspirit" battlers.

Spoiler:

Reminiscent of a similar Legend of Zelda enemy? I think so. smile.gif I needed a bat that lived within volcanoes, so I crafted this little guy using the "Bat" battler as the base and edited in some "Ifrit" battlers.

Spoiler:

Yet another need for a boss, but no appropriate battler. This is an earth boss of mine that I created using the "Behemoth" battler as the base, and edited in some rocks from the "Earthspirit" battler. Oh, and speaking of behemoths...

I re-sized the original "Behemoth" battler to roughly one-half its original. I know, I didn't do any actual editing for this, I just needed smaller behemoths was all.

Spoiler:

A boss that I wanted, using the "Dragon" battler as the base and adding sooty dust that was created using bits of the "Evilking" battler. I liked the dragon, but I wanted to give it my own personal touch. wink.gif

Spoiler:

I am actually rather appalled by the lack of water battlers presented by the RTP, and as I needed a water-type boss, I had to make my own. I admit this one isn't as flattering as some of the others, but nevertheless it's one additional battler for everyone. I used the "Sahagin" battler as the base and edited in jelly-like water around it using the "Jellyfish" battler.

Unfortunately, because I've just started doing this, that's all I have to show you. But as my demands for edited battlers increase, so too will my showcase. Plus! I'm adding a request section for those that actually like what they see and want something edited for themselves, but lack the necessary equipment (i.e. Photoshop, or even Gimp).

Requested Queue:
CrimsonItsuki (Evil General): "The "General" RTP battler. I wonder if you can make him much more giant and buffed. give him a larger weapon and larger armor and make his armor more...evil."
Spoiler:

And my first request is done for everyone's viewing pleasure! This edit was by far the most difficult one that I've had to do so far, but I am really glad how it has turned out. And, just because I wanted to go the distance, I created four different flavors! ;D Enjoy~

1. magic2345 (Wooden Mimic)

Again, one last time before I leave, please be sure to check back every once in a while because I will indeed make more as time goes on. This is just the beginning to what I'm hoping will be a very bright future.
Thank you once again for your time, your patience, and your understanding.

((As everyone already knows, I do not properly own anything, in part or in whole, that is directly or indirectly related to RPG Maker VX. All of the battlers have already been made, and all I have done is edit them to make them look slightly different. Feel completely free to use anything that I post here because, as I have already stated, nothing was mine to begin with... although... some credit I suppose would be nice... DX))

((One last thing before I go. Just because I'm new to this site, I am not entirely accustomed to the topics or their organization. I do believe this is the proper place for this thread, but if it isn't, please let me know so I may properly move it to its appropriate area. Thanks again. wink.gif ))

This post has been edited by hexcimal: Aug 5 2011, 06:47 PM

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

fmstwre
post Aug 5 2011, 03:49 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Alignment: Lawful Good

Dudeeee I've been looking forward to this for a while! biggrin.gif. Please take this!

The "General" RTP battler. I wonder if you can make him much more giant and buffed. give him a larger weapon and larger armor and make his armor more...evil.

If you need me to post a picture of him than that'd be cool beans.

--------------------

+Quote Post

hexcimal
post Aug 5 2011, 04:04 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

QUOTE (CrimsonItsuki @ Aug 4 2011, 11:49 PM) *
The "General" RTP battler. I wonder if you can make him much more giant and buffed. give him a larger weapon and larger armor and make his armor more...evil.

I will definitely try my best to make him to your interests. ;D You're the first on my request queue, I'll get to it as soon as possible!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Quesadilla
post Aug 5 2011, 06:44 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed
Alignment: Unaligned

Hmmm. I like the Fire bat, imo the elemental vampire looks a bit messy but I like what you're doing!

Keep up the good work! biggrin.gif

Quesadilla

--------------------
I support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

hexcimal
post Aug 5 2011, 06:47 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

QUOTE (Quesadilla @ Aug 5 2011, 02:44 AM) *
Hmmm. I like the Fire bat, imo the elemental vampire looks a bit messy but I like what you're doing!

Yeah, I admit the vampire is a bit messy as well. The upper fire is a bit blocky, but I re-edited it to look better just a little while ago (and unfortunately the new picture isn't submitting correctly... sad.gif ). But, being my first edit, I am still nevertheless proud of it. smile.gif

Thank you very much for your kind words, though, they are very helpful! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

magic2345
post Aug 5 2011, 11:47 AM
Post #6

Reality Destroyer
Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Unaligned

Whoa, those battlers are nice! Especially the kid behemoth (its strangely cute lol).

I have a request. Its the mimic battler. Can you make it so that the chest looks like the wooden one (left of the bottom right one) in the charset?

--------------------
"The only limit is your imagination."

+Quote Post

fmstwre
post Aug 5 2011, 01:47 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Well I got my battler, and it was perfect. Permission to use the fire bat and sexy vampire?

--------------------

+Quote Post

hexcimal
post Aug 5 2011, 03:51 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

QUOTE (magic2345 @ Aug 5 2011, 07:47 AM) *
I have a request. Its the mimic battler. Can you make it so that the chest looks like the wooden one (left of the bottom right one) in the charset?

Thank you very much for your support! And yes, I'll try to see what I can do with the mimic battler for you. wink.gif Of course, I'm still new, so I can't grant miracles, but I'll definitely try my hand at it. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

hexcimal
post Aug 5 2011, 03:52 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

QUOTE (CrimsonItsuki @ Aug 5 2011, 09:47 AM) *
Well I got my battler, and it was perfect. Permission to use the fire bat and sexy vampire?

Thank you for your kind words. And yes, of course, use whatever you'd like that you find here. That's why I've posted them for everyone. smile.gif And you could give credit if you'd like, but you don't have to.

--------------------

+Quote Post

fmstwre
post Aug 5 2011, 03:57 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

And you could give credit if you'd like, but you don't have to.

Well make a banner then, so I can set it up in my singature smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

hexcimal
post Aug 5 2011, 05:56 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

QUOTE (CrimsonItsuki @ Aug 5 2011, 11:57 AM) *
Well make a banner then, so I can set it up in my singature smile.gif

Just finished it, which can now be found at the top of this thread, as well as (soon to be) in my signature. Thank you very much for suggesting I do so. ;D

--------------------

+Quote Post

Lunarea
post Aug 5 2011, 06:08 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

Type: Artist
Alignment: True Neutral

These are turning out really well, hexcimal!

Keep at it. There's a need for battlers in the community. smile.gif

+Quote Post

hexcimal
post Aug 5 2011, 06:37 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

QUOTE (Lunarea @ Aug 5 2011, 02:08 PM) *
Keep at it. There's a need for battlers in the community. smile.gif

Thank you very much for your words of encouragement, and for stopping in! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

TheVXer123
post Mar 12 2012, 01:12 AM
Post #14

Group Icon

Hey ive got a Request Please do this if you can. my Game That im making Is in use of a Gladitor And ive liked the generals axe and the spearman So could you make me a battler thats the spearman with the generals
Cape
Weapon
And helmet? If you can thanks (BTW i LOVE your battlers)

--------------------
Im A Epic Worker on Rpgmaker VX and 2003 and i dont have XP but here is a list of Things im working on
Dont look if you dont want to see
I am working on The Dark Lord (1%)
Sonic and mario the Power rings (15%)
The Colisuem (20%)
i can make a forum post about them soon.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 09:13 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.