iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!
35 Pages V  « < 30 31 32 33 34 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> GubiD's Tactical Battle System [GTBS], beta testers need for GTBS v1.5.1!
Rating 5 V
Gorz
post Dec 23 2011, 11:27 AM
Post #621

Group Icon

Type: Designer

So, I've been using this for a bit, and everything works mostly fine (if I find something that's bugged I just work around it).

However, for some reason any summons that I make (neutrals too for that matter), will not cast spells.

Help? D:

Could just make it so any summon/neutrals are just melee classes but, that's kinda lame.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Tha BEATIN STICK...
post Dec 31 2011, 04:01 AM
Post #622

Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Chaotic Good

I need help. I cant figure out how to add enemies other than the slime

Someone please gimme a step-by-step process on how to do it. it would be GREATLY appreciated

+Quote Post

Zimmer550
post Jan 5 2012, 03:28 PM
Post #623

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed

Hi. Im a newbie in making games using RPG maker VX. i want to try this script but i don't know where to start.

i saw the demo of gtbs. and i want the isometric one but as i have said, i dont know where to start sad.gif

can someone help me with this? thanks in advance.

a video tutorial might help also ( sorry for being demanding sad.gif )

Thanks!

+Quote Post

titogod
post Jan 8 2012, 05:25 PM
Post #624

Group Icon

you can see my bleach game at www.downloadjunkie.weebly.com i used this system.

This post has been edited by titogod: Jan 9 2012, 07:29 PM

+Quote Post

GubiD
post Jan 25 2012, 02:34 PM
Post #625

Group Icon

Type: Coder

You guys should all check out the GTBS youtube tutorials I posted along with this project way back when. Plus I post new scripting tutorials all the time as well.

www.youtube.com/users/gubid

+Quote Post

Dragon Mage2011
post Mar 12 2012, 06:00 AM
Post #626

Helper
Group Icon

Alignment: True Neutral

Since in this case, I still can't load the actor data, please just put the script for those people who have the same problem as me?

+Quote Post

Shadow_Garden
post Mar 18 2012, 03:18 AM
Post #627

Practice everything, there is always room for improvement.
Group Icon

Alignment: Lawful Good

Does this work with the new RPG VX Ace? I love this battle system and it would be the only reason that I stay with VX.

--------------------
My Current Project
Spoiler:

Kingdom of Secrets
Warhammer 40k

I support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

trainersonic
post Mar 18 2012, 04:56 PM
Post #628

Group Icon

QUOTE (Shadow_Garden @ Mar 18 2012, 03:18 AM) *
Does this work with the new RPG VX Ace? I love this battle system and it would be the only reason that I stay with VX.

Same here biggrin.gif Please make an Ace version Gubid, i would send you full version of ace if you don't have smile.gif (i can't share it here cause of legal issues :/)

--------------------

+Quote Post

GubiD
post Mar 31 2012, 10:11 PM
Post #629

Group Icon

yep, I plan to make one for VX Ace. Just havent gotten Ace yet. Unless some of you guys want to contribute to that to make it happen sooner it will probably be a couple months.

+Quote Post

Wostvely
post Apr 6 2012, 05:02 PM
Post #630

Group Icon

I have a question, as you can see in the demo, you fight with Frog from Chrono Trigger, is it possible for the player to use it? I mean, can you use Frog as your main character, use it to walk, talk to other characters and fight?

--------------------
"If miracles only happen once, what are they called the second time?"-Kurosaki Ichigo

+Quote Post

Renshin
post Apr 10 2012, 02:08 AM
Post #631

Group Icon

Type: Writer

i really like the script but could you change the battle sistem a bit so insted of showing the batle it takes you
to a normal battle?, in a way making the sistem just like the one in shin megami devil survivor

+Quote Post

GubiD
post Apr 16 2012, 03:12 PM
Post #632

Group Icon

Wostvely, yes that is possible. Just set the character set accordingly as I have done in the demo for one of your main characters. You just need to ensure their name includes anim so that it seeks out the animated graphic file. Thats pretty much it.

Renshin, So you want it to open a normal battle scene when you perform an attack, rather than doing it on the field? That is a feature that is planned for the VX Ace version of GTBS. Hold tight.

+Quote Post

Wostvely
post Apr 16 2012, 06:17 PM
Post #633

Group Icon

Okay, thanks for your reply! I'll see if I can do it. Oh, and I'm looking forward for your Ace script.

--------------------
"If miracles only happen once, what are they called the second time?"-Kurosaki Ichigo

+Quote Post

Nakuto_Inaru
post Apr 26 2012, 11:00 PM
Post #634

Can You Caramelldansen?
Group Icon

Type: Spriter
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Hey GubiD, is it possible to use this with Tankentai (Kaduki Version)? I'm making a game utilizing Ship Battles, kinda like Suikoden III, and this is exactly what I need for it. I know this is able to be used side-by-side with the original battle system, but with Tankentai it would be a whole new experience.

--------------------
I support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

GubiD
post Apr 28 2012, 08:54 PM
Post #635

Group Icon

I believe it does. I haven't heard otherwise. It was made so that it could be called separately of the main battle system so that you could switch.

+Quote Post

trainersonic
post Apr 29 2012, 01:24 PM
Post #636

Group Icon

GubiD, i thought that we can attack our allies and set the win condition in your battle system. So with a few additional scripts, you can make a Multiplayer (PvP) option for your GTBS. This would be great. Because nobody has made a script which can enable PVP so far. Cause of that, people can't make competitive battles for their games and this condition importantly reduces playability of the rpg maker games. Just a suggestion...

--------------------

+Quote Post

GubiD
post May 14 2012, 12:07 PM
Post #637

Group Icon

Released a couple patches for GTBS 1.5 users. These resolve a number of problems involved with movement (be it enemy movement errors, or iso height / detection problems.

Check it out:
http://www.creationasylum.net/forum/index....c=20353&hl=

+Quote Post

Small Talk
post Jun 17 2012, 12:28 AM
Post #638

Group Icon

Hey gubid,

I had any idea for a mod to this script, and I was wondering if you think it would be possible.

In Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced, the hit rate was determined by the direction that the enemy was facing relative to the direction of the attacking character. So if you attacked an enemy that was facing you, the base hit rate would be 50%. A side attack would give you a 75% base hit rate, and a back attack would give you a 90% base hit rate. These hit rates changed depending on the move used, but the pattern remained the same. This variable hit rate enhanced the tactical part of this game, imo, because you had to figure out how to maneuver your units behind the enemy.

I was wondering if this effect could be approximated with a script like this:

If character = facing right
and enemy = facing left
and hit = possible
then base hit rate = 50%

If character = facing right
and enemy = facing right
and hit = possible
then base hit rate = 90%

and so on...

Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with ruby yet and I've really only done coding in MATLAB so I would need to do some studying before I could actually implement this script. I was just wondering if the basic form could be applied to GTBS.

Thanks.

+Quote Post

habyunghun
post Jun 29 2012, 10:56 PM
Post #639

Group Icon

I solved the first problem,but now I am stuck again. sad.gif
I battled with a scorpion,but their HP&MP says ????.
I want it to say their HP&MP number.How do I fix this?

EDIT:I fixed it!Took some time,though.Now I can work on my game again! biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by habyunghun: Jul 2 2012, 04:59 PM

--------------------

Need Helps on RMVX?:

If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.

My Tutorials:

+Quote Post

GubiD
post Jul 11 2012, 01:35 PM
Post #640

Group Icon

Small Talk, that is already a feature of the game. Infact you deal more damage when attacking the back of an enemy than when you are in front or on the sides. The hit ratios I used for the system were DB Hit chance for front of enemy. +5 for sides, +10 for back.

You can edit these values from the def calc_hit method of Game_Battler in GTBS section 2.

+Quote Post

35 Pages V  « < 30 31 32 33 34 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 05:51 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.