iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Arevan: The Bitter Truth, Track the mysterious murderer!
zubin73
post Aug 9 2011, 08:31 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed

This game is almost one year old now, I thought of sharing it here. You can find the game download information from the developer site- Over Cloud 9.

Story- Mysterious murders are taking place in various kingdoms. Solemaun, the king of Arevan, decides to start a covert investigation with other world rulers. By his order, Prince Maurean, his son, sets off on a journey to discover the identity of the murderer and any ulterior motives he may have. Travel with Maurean as he makes his way through challenging puzzles, gut-wrenching monsters, and intriguing side quests (Where is Harry Potter?). Join him and his adventuresome companions as they explore pyramids, battle mummies, rescue underwater mermaids and many other exciting events. There will be many shocking revelations for our hero until he is forced to face...the most bitter truth.

Screenshots:

GAME FEATURES:
Story: Original and in-depth story, exploring the many facets of human nature and its idiosyncrasies. Non linear choices throughout the game make it highly replayable and interesting every time you play it.

Characters: Seven playable characters from different and varied backgrounds are available. The game offers sudden choices and unexpected decisions which controls the life and death of some characters. Your decisions can wipe out some of your party members entirely.

Skill system: A unique skill system where your party learns a skill or spell only when they consume the skill pills. Acquire unique skills like Steal, Immortality, Nuclear, Inescapable Curse, etc through these skill pills. Characters don’t gain skills on levelling up but acquire skills by using these pills. Each pill can be consumed only once by a team member, so they need to be invested wisely.

Battles: You have the option to opt out of the boss battles when you lose the fight and proceed with the game. Players who love a challenge will enjoy defeating the bosses while those who are keener on the story can continue the game without the frustration of a continuing battle. The monster encounters are all visible and the battles feature a front-view and turn-based interface. You also have the option to scan your enemy to take note of its strengths, weaknesses, drops and items which can be stolen!

Puzzles and minigames: Highly rewarding and challenging puzzles are present only in secret and special dungeons for those who love puzzles. Puzzles include a Football match, Pool, mazes, time management, etc. There is also a ‘pearl gathering’ mini game where you collect pearls from Oysters.

Side Quests: Engaging side quests that make you explore interesting civilizations and enjoy funny incidents.

Game options: Extra game options include – adjust volume, enable speed walking, disable battle animation, zapping through dialogues. You can also use custom window themes like - Aqua, Strawberry, Oriental, Dark Cloud and Bamboo.

Additional features: Like single-click menu access from map and character HUD, quest journal, mouse and key board controls, auto-save, in-game help, auto-battle system, enemy scanning function, unlimited save slots and ‘save anytime anywhere’ will perk up your overall gameplay experience.

The game has already been published on Yahoo, MSN, BigFish Games, Pogo, Gamersgate, Impulsedriven and Oberon media. I hope you like it! biggrin.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

jdogkidd
post Aug 9 2011, 09:14 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Interesting. I'll give this a go.

+Quote Post

BigEd781
post Aug 9 2011, 10:21 PM
Post #3

No method: 'stupid_title' found for 'nil:NilClass`
Group Icon

Type: Coder
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Judging solely from the screenshots, and assuming those are the best screenshots you could come up with... it looks very rushed and haphazardly slapped together. Please take that with a grain of salt though; I have never finished a game, so congrats on that alone.

--------------------
My blog - It's awesome, I assure you
While sloppy writing does not invariably mean sloppy thinking, we've generally found the correlation to be strong -- and we have no use for sloppy thinkers. If you can't yet write competently, learn to. - Eric Raymond

---
My awards for being so awesome
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

amerk
post Aug 9 2011, 11:19 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Unaligned

Except that this appears to be a commercial title for a little more than $13. Not at all worth the asking price based on the screenshots.

+Quote Post

Nate Benton
post Aug 9 2011, 11:21 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

QUOTE (amerkevicius @ Aug 9 2011, 07:19 PM) *
Except that this appears to be a commercial title for a little more than $13. Not at all worth the asking price based on the screenshots.

Yes, it's a commercial game. The owner of Over Cloud 9 has sold a nice handful of copies of FH for me, and is a nice girl, but to be honest, I do feel the same. I think the mapping could use some work. I'm not sure if this was their first game, or what, but eh. Not quite something I'd spend money on, but I'll at least check it out.

Since the OP didn't post a download link, I'll go ahead and post it here. This is for the demo:
https://www.plimus.com/jsp/download_trial.j...tractId=2881622

And a YouTube trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PPMBArXIX8..._embedded#at=25

Eh.

+Quote Post

rgangsta
post Aug 10 2011, 01:00 AM
Post #6

The Handyman
Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Neutral Evil

$13.30 for this? I don't think anyone's going to buy this game. Like ED said, this game looks rushed and the resources don't match.
There's no way I'd pay $13 for a game that looks like this.
Sorry, but that's how I see it.

--------------------

+Quote Post

zubin73
post Aug 10 2011, 04:50 AM
Post #7

Group Icon

Yeah this is their first game. I found the story of the game pretty interesting along with the skill pill feature. Yeah the game could improve, but I have seen worse games being sold at $19.99. This one wasn't that bad except for the mapping. It is definitely worth a try.

+Quote Post

liza
post Aug 10 2011, 04:57 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

What I liked most about the game was that your choices had major consequences regarding the story line.

+Quote Post

inter11
post Aug 18 2011, 06:44 AM
Post #9

Group Icon

Alignment: Unaligned

Interesting..

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st September 2014 - 10:26 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.