iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mt. Revenant
drew6464
post Aug 19 2011, 03:29 AM
Post #1

Nope Nope
Group Icon

Type: Spriter
Alignment: Unaligned

Mount Revenant.

This project is no longer being worked on in RPG Maker VX. I have moved to the new software, Ace, and made extremely heavy revisions to the story and characters of the game, so this thread will no longer be updated.

--------------------------------------

Game Mechanics
Spoiler:

-Metals. The six main metals are Greenhorn, Obsidian, Embrium, Frozstone, Mythril, and Ultimanium.
-Year. The number of years for 24C is 24 X 9 + 3, because the letters go from A-I (9 in total,) and there have been 24 cycles, plus the count from ABC to 123.
(So the first year was 0A, or year 1. The year 3H would be 3 X 9 + 8, or 35.)
-Tarot cards. The old 87 cards used to read people's fortunes, including the 22 Major Arcana. They are used as milestones, and will mysteriously appear before you as you progress; sometimes hidden, other times in plain sight. You must find them all to confront Fate- once and for all.

The Story
Spoiler:

"The lone traveler... your destiny lies in plain sight, beckoning to be walked upon..."
-Fate

You are but a puppet, chosen by the ruler of humans, Fate. Sent by the gods to help the world of Nova, you are born into the world in the year 24C, and are found by an old villager of a town called Oasis Village. Fate will guide your hand, and you must do the rest. Choose from five diverse classes and walk along the path that is chosen for you. Beautiful maps, thrilling battles, and powerful enemies await your sword. Damp, dusty caves in a monstrous mountain wait to be explored. You must find the secret to life in a world where life is possessed by very few, and the secret lies at the top of Mount Revenant. The thrill of adventure is too strong for a Traveler to merely ignore. Taking a deep breath, you step inside of the first cave.

And when Fate no longer guides you to the path...

The World
Spoiler:

It is year 24C (219) in the world of Nova, when rare flowers and mystic trees extended into the vast heavens. Now, the world is but ocean and desert, and the precious life that is left is on the verge of destruction. Welcome to Oasis Village, a lively town of carpenters, fishermen, and drunkards. It is a village that lies on the coast of the Hope River, a large river flowing into another perpendicular one, forming the rough shape of a cross. A watchtower that used to keep the village safe from harm has collapsed and fallen, and a long, dreary path to the east leads to the largest natural wonder of the fading world; the mountain of despair. Mount Revenant. The entrance to vast caves is littered with mining tools and dead bodies. The earth is hard and cracked, and there are no signs of life at all, except for six strange glowing pillars of ore.

Features
Spoiler:

This game uses several unique features and add-ons that may seperate Mount Revenant from other games:

Mining

One of the systems in this game is Mining. In order to mine, you must have a Pickaxe and the passive skill, "Mining." Depending on where you are mining and which level of pickaxe you are using, the success rate and break rate will vary. Pickaxes can be found scattered throughout Mount Revenant.

Screenshots
Spoiler:

Character Bios
Spoiler:

Name: Traveler
You are created by the gods to explore Mount Revenant for the truth. Born into a small town about half a mile away from Mt. Revenant, you are controlled by the player, and thus your personality is too. Whether you be bold or shy, rash or thoughtful, you have no defined personality, trademark, or anything, and are well-rounded in battle.

Influences
Spoiler:

-Tower of Heaven was the first one. I consider it a very masterful game.
-Persona 3 and its use of Tarot cards came along next, and the idea of having a nameless, expressionless protagonist was intriguing.
-The Newgrounds Audio Portal song, "Expedition to Mount Revenant," was the final piece. It gave me the inspiration for this game.

Can be found here: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/374975

This post has been edited by drew6464: Feb 22 2014, 08:03 PM

--------------------

I SUPPORT:
Spoiler:

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

OpenLight
post Aug 20 2011, 01:30 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Type: Musician

Wow, this looks pretty awesome so far! When will it be released?

--------------------

+Quote Post

fmstwre
post Aug 20 2011, 02:06 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Lawful Good

looks really good so far. I like the idea of having the game focus on one specefic location; gives it a mysterious feel off the bat, kind of like Ys 1. I use Ziifee's WGB system too, and I like the fact that others are finally branching off from the sideview. Wish you the best dude.

--------------------

+Quote Post

EvilEagles
post Aug 20 2011, 02:49 AM
Post #4

Viva La Revolución!
Group Icon

I like the the idea of the player having the rights to determine the character's personality and stuff. Sounds like a mixed JRPG with WRPG.

+Quote Post

drew6464
post Aug 20 2011, 03:37 AM
Post #5

Nope Nope
Group Icon

QUOTE (OpenLight @ Aug 19 2011, 08:30 PM) *
Wow, this looks pretty awesome so far! When will it be released?

Well, I'm planning on getting an extremely rough, not-even-Alpha version up the Friday 2 weeks from now, which is September 2nd, I believe. You're a friend, so if you still have RPG Maker VX essentials (RTP, I believe it's called,) I can send you an earlier, more crappy version.

QUOTE (CrimsonItsuki @ Aug 19 2011, 09:06 PM) *
looks really good so far. I like the idea of having the game focus on one specefic location; gives it a mysterious feel off the bat, kind of like Ys 1. I use Ziifee's WGB system too, and I like the fact that others are finally branching off from the sideview. Wish you the best dude.

Thanks, man! I actually took a look at your game (Genesis) one or two weeks ago, and remember being very, VERY impressed. Didn't bother commenting because I was determined to finish my music project. I wish good luck to you on your game.

QUOTE (EvilEagles @ Aug 19 2011, 09:49 PM) *
I like the the idea of the player having the rights to determine the character's personality and stuff. Sounds like a mixed JRPG with WRPG.

Well, that's a pretty strange thing to say, just because of the constant conflict between JRPG and WRPG fans. But now that I look back on it, I guess it is like a JRPG (considering Persona 3 was a major influence on its development,) but I don't play many WRPGs, so I can't really know much about it to define it. W/e. I'm guessing that's a compliment, so to hell with it, I accept. Thanks.

Thanks for the comments, guys!

This post has been edited by drew6464: Aug 20 2011, 03:39 AM

--------------------

I SUPPORT:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

OpenLight
post Aug 20 2011, 04:02 AM
Post #6

Group Icon

I'll wait for the September 2nd Alpha haha. I'll check it out once it's a bit more done (though I'd want to see it earlier, it'd be better to have more to look at ha).

--------------------

+Quote Post

Anderson88
post Aug 20 2011, 05:29 AM
Post #7

Grammar Nazi
Group Icon

Type: Writer

Would you like me to suggest some music pieces for you? ohmy.gif

But first I will need to know what kind of music style your game has ~ Or I'll just find some similar to the newgrounds one.

(Do I need to be 14 to help you with this? tongue.gif)

Let's begin....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ck9sH6QpXk...feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmFY-ywZv2Y...feature=related

This post has been edited by Anderson88: Aug 20 2011, 05:31 AM

--------------------
Currently working on Eternal Bond : Chains of Fate.

I support :
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

fmstwre
post Aug 20 2011, 05:32 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

NO! I REFUSE! ANDERSON88 IS MINE!

He can really do you good man, I'd really reccomend his help.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Anderson88
post Aug 20 2011, 05:37 AM
Post #9

Grammar Nazi
Group Icon

REALLY?! You think I'm helpful? wub.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQzCfZEGms0...feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhKInwhOn0k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2uBg7excT4...feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS__0Tb99Ys...feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4HtpKY02Ow
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NV9iM8bMvlU...feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7v7xrEHvrFw...feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYXfRnP_PQM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6pNLm_g1qs...feature=related

Aaaalright... That's it for today, gotta sleep. dry.gif

This post has been edited by Anderson88: Aug 20 2011, 05:46 AM

--------------------

I support :
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Anderson88
post Aug 20 2011, 05:37 AM
Post #10

Grammar Nazi
Group Icon

Crap, double post blink.gif

This post has been edited by Anderson88: Aug 20 2011, 05:39 AM

--------------------

I support :
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

drew6464
post Aug 20 2011, 03:04 PM
Post #11

Nope Nope
Group Icon

To Anderson: I am pretty happy with my music collection for now, thanks. Tell you what. Since we're probably going to take up a few pages just going back and forth with music files, I have a job for you. I'm going to PM you with the game file I have at the moment, and trust you not to release it on accident/purpose to anyone. (It's pretty crappy so far, I gotta tell you.) You can open up the audio folder and check out the stuff I have so far, judge how it flows with the maps, and make some changes here or there. Wait for the PM.

--------------------

I SUPPORT:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

OpenLight
post Aug 20 2011, 11:03 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

Actually, I retract my previous response haha. I'd like to see it as soon as possible. I'll download whatever program I need I suppose.

--------------------

+Quote Post

drew6464
post Aug 24 2011, 02:13 AM
Post #13

Nope Nope
Group Icon

No program needed! But I think I really need some more work to get in before this hideous beast can be released to the public. tongue.gif

--------------------

I SUPPORT:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Rekx
post Aug 24 2011, 10:53 AM
Post #14

Fascination with life
Group Icon

Type: Coder
Alignment: Chaotic Good

This looks like a very interesting game, my only comment is that you said your maps were complex, professional, and breathtaking.

I don't know about anyone else, but those maps don't "take my breath away" at all, needs a bit of work.

--------------------

Remember that time when you thought about quitting? Remember that time where you were trapped and couldn't get out? Do you remember that time where you were on the brink of the end, where you were so close, and yet you couldn't reach it, no matter how hard you stretched?

Do you remember?

If you do, you must forget. Forget the pain, forget the circumstances, forget the life. Remember only what helped you push through. Remember only what got you out of that stipulation. Remember what allowed you to achieve your goal.

Remember, but forget. Forget, but always remember.

+Quote Post

drew6464
post Sep 2 2011, 11:22 PM
Post #15

Nope Nope
Group Icon

Please keep in mind that these are old screenshots. Also, I am working on the maps as well, as I spotted this out too.

I have news, you guys!

Due to lack of time, I will not be releasing the pre-Alpha demo. I haven't had time to work on Mount Revenant at ALL since my last post. I will, however, send what I have to Anderson, CrimsonIkutsuki, and OpenLight (though you won't have much to do with it.) I apologize for the inconvienence, and I'll try to put more time into Mount Revenant. Thanks.

--------------------

I SUPPORT:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

OpenLight
post Sep 3 2011, 02:12 AM
Post #16

Group Icon

QUOTE (drew6464 @ Sep 2 2011, 04:22 PM) *
Please keep in mind that these are old screenshots. Also, I am working on the maps as well, as I spotted this out too.

I have news, you guys!

Due to lack of time, I will not be releasing the pre-Alpha demo. I haven't had time to work on Mount Revenant at ALL since my last post. I will, however, send what I have to Anderson, CrimsonIkutsuki, and OpenLight (though you won't have much to do with it.) I apologize for the inconvienence, and I'll try to put more time into Mount Revenant. Thanks.

Awesome! I'll check out what you have, and trust me I don't have time to play through a full demo yet anyway haha. I'll let you know what I think.

--------------------

+Quote Post

drew6464
post Sep 4 2011, 10:30 PM
Post #17

Nope Nope
Group Icon

QUOTE (OpenLight @ Sep 2 2011, 09:12 PM) *
Awesome! I'll check out what you have, and trust me I don't have time to play through a full demo yet anyway haha. I'll let you know what I think.

Yeaaaaahhh.... the version I sent you was bugged, btw. Do NOT talk to the Scorpion. Ever. If you do, your game will enter a closed loop that you will NEVER get out of besides exiting the game.... D:

Moar news!

I have begun a Progress Log. This is to prevent me from slacking off on the game, and when I feel like I'm getting a lot done or want to show some previews, I'll post my Progress Log for the day, week, or month. It is shown in the following format:

9/3/2011 Progress Log
Spoiler:

Saturday, 9/3/2011

-Fixed opening cutscene
-Created item shop map, scripted everyone
-Began brainstorming ideas for new characters
-Organized scripts by name
-Discovered how to work YERD_SynthesisShop
-Updated Database (27 items, 5 weapons, 2 armors)
-Dieted MP3 files and cleaned out resources

TOTAL TIME SPENT ON PROJECT; 1:07

9/4/2011 Progress Log
Spoiler:

Sunday, 9/4/2011

-Added teleportation option on clock
-Created Greenhorn F2 Spring
-Created Greenhorn F3
-Added signs to Greenhorn Lobby
-Updated Database (Fixed Scorpion and Terra battle, began on YERD_Synthesis
formatting)
-Editted IconSet file
-Editted GameOver file

TOTAL TIME SPENT ON PROJECT; 2:32

This post has been edited by drew6464: Sep 5 2011, 09:56 PM

--------------------

I SUPPORT:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

fmstwre
post Sep 4 2011, 11:25 PM
Post #18

Group Icon

Mwahahaha...I have the demo...*snickers evilly*.

I need help finding the World Arcana =[

--------------------

+Quote Post

drew6464
post Sep 5 2011, 02:26 AM
Post #19

Nope Nope
Group Icon

QUOTE (CrimsonItsuki @ Sep 4 2011, 06:25 PM) *
Mwahahaha...I have the demo...*snickers evilly*.

I need help finding the World Arcana =[

Few things here, good sir.

-The World Arcana is arcana number 21. You get the arcana in order. Since this demo seriously has 10 minutes of gameplay and I only put in Arcanas 0 (The Fool) and 1 (The Magician,) it's not there yet. Trololololo.

-If you request it I will send you a (mostly) debugged version of the original game I sent you.

--------------------

I SUPPORT:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

OpenLight
post Sep 5 2011, 03:43 PM
Post #20

Group Icon

QUOTE (drew6464 @ Sep 4 2011, 04:30 PM) *
Yeaaaaahhh.... the version I sent you was bugged, btw. Do NOT talk to the Scorpion. Ever. If you do, your game will enter a closed loop that you will NEVER get out of besides exiting the game.... D:

Moar news!

I have begun a Progress Log. This is to prevent me from slacking off on the game, and when I feel like I'm getting a lot done or want to show some previews, I'll post my Progress Log for the day, week, or month. It is shown in the following format:

9/13/2011 Progress Log
Spoiler:

Saturday, 9/13/2011

-Fixed opening cutscene
-Created item shop map, scripted everyone
-Began brainstorming ideas for new characters
-Organized scripts by name
-Discovered how to work YERD_SynthesisShop
-Updated Database (27 items, 5 weapons, 2 armors)
-Dieted MP3 files and cleaned out resources

TOTAL TIME SPENT ON PROJECT; 1:07

9/14/2011 Progress Log
Spoiler:

Sunday, 9/14/2011

-Added teleportation option on clock
-Created Greenhorn F2 Spring
-Created Greenhorn F3
-Added signs to Greenhorn Lobby
-Updated Database (Fixed Scorpion and Terra battle, began on YERD_Synthesis
formatting)
-Editted IconSet file
-Editted GameOver file

TOTAL TIME SPENT ON PROJECT; 2:32

THIS IS CRAZINESS! HOW HAVE YOU MADE PROGRESS IN THE FUTURE?!

Haha so I'm just going to say me and Retro both agree that this game is both hilarious in some aspects and awesome in others. I'm looking forward to the full version once it's finished.

On another note,

Spoiler:
I got to that boss chick and found a glitch you may or may not know about. When you kill her the first time and she goes shadow or whatever, her dialogue just repeats over and over. You may have just not programmed in the next part yet, which is understandable.

Other than that, it's interesting. I never got any spells for mage, and I have no clue what the Fateshatter option is, but it was still fun.

EDIT:
Spoiler:
Oh and the Scorpion boss I didn't see before does the same thing. It just loops saying Garrr.....

This post has been edited by OpenLight: Sep 6 2011, 06:29 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 12:43 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.