iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> [-mini-game-] Chicken Chaser, with demo (pack)
Alt_Jack
post Aug 29 2011, 04:29 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Chicken Chaser

Addictive, stupid, frustrating, and fun. As the title suggets, you see how many chickens you can catch in 30 seconds.

CODE
get me there

you talk to a farmer or someone then:
player transfer: (the chicken coup map)
start timer: 30 seconds (the pressure's on! )

CODE
chickens

These end up being very fast

activate - button press (you can't catch them just by bumping into them! )
set move route - custom - repeat movement: move away from player, move random (so that the chicken runs away from you, then in a random direction, then repeats)
speed 2-4X normal (4x means 4 times your own walking speed, which is very fast)
frequency: highest

-I told you they were hard to catch-

the event code itself: control variable: chicken (add) +1 (keeps a running tally on how many you caught, if any)
erase event

CODE
time's up!

parallel process event
condition branch: when timer = 1 second or less (like, say, 0 )
>stop timer
(It's here that you apply the rules/outcome to this game)
control variable: chicken = 0 (no more chickens. *sob* )
transfer player (back to where you were)
erase event (optional, I guess)

original topic: http://www.rpgrevolution.com/forums/index....showtopic=50200
Demo pack with it: http://www.mediafire.com/?z6rneqqps66xqv5

This post has been edited by Alt_Jack: Aug 29 2011, 05:19 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

KHRS
post Oct 18 2011, 12:27 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

great tutorial. added a chicken chasing segment to my side project game. it's a little weird, but it works!

+Quote Post

Gecki
post Oct 22 2011, 04:37 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Hello.
I can´t stop the Time. When the 30s are off, nothing happend. The parallel process don´t work. Which people or tile should I give the Parallel Process?
Thank you.

lg.

+Quote Post

Alt_Jack
post Mar 21 2012, 09:53 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

QUOTE (Gecki @ Oct 22 2011, 11:37 AM) *
Hello.
I can´t stop the Time. When the 30s are off, nothing happend.

the "stop timer" command clears the timer off the screen. the PP just sits off in some corner where the player can neither see nor get to it, and stops the timer at 1s.

--------------------

+Quote Post

tbillion
post Apr 6 2012, 06:09 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

I have some improvements to this based on what i did in my game, bel;ow are the code screenshots.

As the op suggested I have a farmer that stands next to a fenced area (Farmer Bill)

Attached File  farmerbill1_1.bmp ( 1.72MB ) Number of downloads: 9

Attached File  farmerbill1_2.bmp ( 1.72MB ) Number of downloads: 3

Farmer Bill was once a world class chicken wrangler.. and he proceeds to tell you all about it! When Farmer Bill is first executed the event randomizes a number between 1 and 3 indicating how much each caught chicken would be worth. Then farmer bill proceeds to coarse you into snatching up some of his chickens when he finally does self switch a is activated and page two of farmer bill: tell you how much time you will have, transports you to the farm map, activates the parralell process (chicken checker switch) that checks on the timer, and shuts itself off.

as for the chickens other than making it so that they increment the caught chicken variable and making them explode i made it so that instead of deleting the event the chikens explode and thenare randomly placed back on the playing field this way you can actually catch the chickens infinitely, which if you have eve been on a chicken farm is more accurate IMO because the chickens are everywhere! This also allows you to have less events and more game play.

Attached File  Chicken1.bmp ( 1.73MB ) Number of downloads: 1

The Chickenchecker event monitors the timer as you can see in the screen shot it shows you how to set it up. the second part of the chicken checker turns itself off and turns the 3rd part of Farmer bill on and transports you back to farmer bill.

Attached File  autoevent1.bmp ( 1.73MB ) Number of downloads: 2

Attached File  autoevent2.bmp ( 1.74MB ) Number of downloads: 2

Farmer Bill then tells you how many chickens you caught and how much they are each worth and how much you made before all the variables are reset. and then he invites you back any time you want.

Attached File  farmerbill3.bmp ( 1.73MB ) Number of downloads: 2

every time you actually catch a chicken they display and animation (makes it look like exploding chickens!

OK well that should help out pretty well anyone who couldnt figure it out.. hope this isnt really a necropost but if it is atleast it is a helpful one laugh.gif also if the op is still around would you like credit for the idea in my game?
Attached File(s)
Attached File  farmerbill2.bmp ( 1.74MB ) Number of downloads: 2

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 09:39 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.