iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

The 2nd Quarter Contest has arrived! Go check it out in the Community Announcements now!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> [-System-]---EPS--- How to Event a Bank System !------, Learn how to make a full bank system using only 4 variables :D !&#
xVengeancez
post Aug 30 2011, 09:51 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed

Yo Guys ! This is my first ever eventing tutorial AND the first EPS(Eventing Pwns Scripting) tutorial ! I Hope you like it !!

Interdouction
Would You Like so Save up your money so you don't spend them ? Or Would you like to have Two 999999s ? You Can make all that without need of Scripts !!

Setting Up
You Will Need :-
Only 4 Variables and nothing else biggrin.gif
(and of course a event To be the Banker !)

Now Let's Get to Work :3 !!

1-Create Four Variables ( you need ALL of them ! ) and Name Them the following :
1-Held Money ( The Money the player Holds when he Enters the Banks )
2-Bank Account ( The Money Stored in the Bank )
3-Despoited Money ( The Money that the player wants to store )
4-Withdrawn Money ( The Money That the player wants to withdraw )

2- Create an event to be the banker

3- Control Variables > Held Money > Set > Other > Player's Gold ( you Will know why we need that later )

4- Text : Welcome to the bank ! what do you want to do ? ( or anything else you want to write )

5- Choices > "Check account" , "Deposit Money" , "Withdraw Money" ( Everything starts now !!! )
-If " Check account "
- You Currently have \v[n] in your bank account ( where "n" is the number (ID) of the Bank account variable )
-If " Deposit Money "
- Number Input > Deposited Money
- Conditional Branch > If Deposited Money <Is Greater than> Held Money (This step is performed so That a player can't Deposit money more than
-Text: You Don't have that much in your inventory ! The Money in His Inventory )
Else
- Change Gold -"Deposited Money"
- Control Variables > "Bank Account" > Add > "Deposited Money"
- Text : Thanks ! the money was transferred to your bank account !!
-If " Withdraw Money "
- Number Input > Withdrawn Money
- Conditional Branch > If Withdrawn Money <Is Greater than> Bank Account (This step is performed so That a player can't Withdraw money more than
-Text: You Don't have that much in your Bank Account ! The Money in his bank account )
Else
- Change Gold +"Withdrawn Money"
- Control Variables > "Bank Account" > sub > "Withdrawn Money"
- Text : Thanks ! the money was Moved From your bank account To Your Inventory !!

And That's all !! Easy , Right guys ?
Look up for my next tutorial about how to make Quests and Thanks biggrin.gif

--------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Iam Happy to Announce ...
My Game Progress
Database ---------- 57%
Story ---------- 2%
Game Features ---------- 32%
Mapping ---------- 7%
Total Progress ---------- 26.4%
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I Proudly Support , The Greatest Game Project :

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This Game is so Badass ! U MUST SEE IT :-

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Celianna
post Aug 31 2011, 05:04 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Type: Artist
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Please tag your topic properly. If you do not know what this means, please read the Eventing forum rules.

+Quote Post

EvilEagles
post Aug 31 2011, 05:26 PM
Post #3

Viva La Revolución!
Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Unaligned

Normally we just don't see any convincing enough reasons to have a Banking System ingame, sadly.
Though, assuming that we do need it, and since this tutorial isn't so useful to some people as it is just simple, now why don't you think of implementing Interests for your money?. I bet you could wink.gif and guess what? That'll be also a reason for us to have Banking system ingame.

+Quote Post

Alt_Jack
post Aug 31 2011, 11:30 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

QUOTE (EvilEagles @ Aug 31 2011, 12:26 PM) *
Normally we just don't see any convincing enough reasons to have a Banking System ingame, sadly.
Though, assuming that we do need it, and since this tutorial isn't so useful to some people as it is just simple, now why don't you think of implementing Interests for your money?. I bet you could wink.gif and guess what? That'll be also a reason for us to have Banking system ingame.

Not a bad idea. smile.gif
You could add 1 gold for every footstep or have it run with the game's clock. It's probably add up pretty quick, but the math would be a headache.
Just don't take out any mortgages. It's no coincidence that "mort" is the French word for "dead". *_*

--------------------

+Quote Post

labox
post Sep 2 2011, 08:54 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Type: Coder
Alignment: Chaotic Good

This is funny for two reasons. My first eventing tutorial was a banking system. I also used only 4 variables and one page of eventing! I guess the eventing world is a small one!

+Quote Post

Celianna
post Sep 2 2011, 09:09 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

Type: Artist

Yup, a bank system like this is pretty standard, so making one that looks like another's evented bank system is to be expected.

+Quote Post

kingsofrpg
post Sep 2 2011, 10:38 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Type: Designer

I created an interest system, but actually having it go up a reasonable amount over time is kind of a pain in the butt and such to keep it balanced.

--------------------
Variable/Game_Interpreter Fix
Spoiler:

Proud Puzzle Maker of "Relic"

CODE
dont_hate_the(player) unless player.is_a?(Game_Enemy)

+Quote Post

Frousteleous
post Jan 27 2012, 07:07 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

if i could make a suggestion for this as well: run a loop, that way when your character checks how much money is in the bank, he doesnt have to re-talk to the teller; the teller will simply bring the choices up again until you're done with whatever you're doing.

EDIT: also just thought of a really great, random benefit to cause your player to WANT to save their money... im the kind of person that likes to make REALLY random types of chests. i just made a chest that gives you gold equal to the money deposited in your bank. think of it as a trap with a positive side to it. the first bank i just made gives you a 'sign-on bonus' of 500G (it's the beginning of the game, so great way to get some of your first gold). the bank owner/proprieter explains the chest benefit, noting that it's just one of those strange, magial occurrences in life. "So, save! You might just get lucky!"

This post has been edited by Frousteleous: Jan 27 2012, 07:55 AM

--------------------
I Support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 03:24 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.