iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

The 2nd Quarter Contest has arrived! Go check it out in the Community Announcements now!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Target Random Actor Skill [-Battlesystem-], Teaches you how to make a random attack skill.
ShadowSick
post Sep 17 2011, 10:47 PM
Post #1

Master Sleeping Spriter
Group Icon

Type: Spriter
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Alright, first off, make a new skill called "Random Slice" or whatever you want.

Then create a common event with the same name.

alright, now that the basics are set up, let's get on with the actual event. First, click control variables:

Then choose which variable, (I chose 4), you want to use and select the "random" circle. Set the to numbers as 1 ~ 4. Now that that is done, set a conditional branch with the condition that the variable is 1. Then under "else", make another conditional branch with the condition that the variable is 2. Do this several times until you get to four. It should look like this:

Alright, you're nearly done! Now, underneath each conditional branch, choose the actor you want effected and what you want the move to do. This can be done multiple times. Here's what it should look like:

Then, all you do is link the common event and the skill together and viola, you have a random attack move! Enjoy! The demo is attached, so you can just copy it into your game. Attached File  Project1.zip ( 241.11K ) Number of downloads: 10

This post has been edited by ShadowSick: Sep 18 2011, 07:18 PM

--------------------

If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig. If you're not 100% about it, then skip it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------My Topics-----------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Celianna
post Sep 18 2011, 12:29 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Type: Artist
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Tag your topic properly, [Enemy] does not exist, thank you very much.

+Quote Post

fmstwre
post Sep 18 2011, 12:38 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Lawful Good

I think that this option already exists under the 'Troop' part of the database. I actually used it before...I could be wrong though smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

ShadowSick
post Sep 18 2011, 02:06 PM
Post #4

Master Sleeping Spriter
Group Icon

@celianna: It wasn't supposed to be a tag, I guess I should have used parenthesis. Sorry!
@CrimsonItsuki: Well, if it does, then I have just created the most useless tutorial out there. But even if it is, it's still a milestone for me. My first tutorial, preferably not the last! [Edit] As far as I can see, it's not there.

This post has been edited by ShadowSick: Sep 18 2011, 07:21 PM

--------------------

If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig. If you're not 100% about it, then skip it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------My Topics-----------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+Quote Post

Celianna
post Sep 18 2011, 04:12 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Type: Artist
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

................... You still need a tag for your topic. Have you even read the rules? I'll close this if you won't update this within the next 24 hours.

+Quote Post

ShadowSick
post Sep 18 2011, 07:09 PM
Post #6

Master Sleeping Spriter
Group Icon

Alright, I changed the tag. thanks for the warning/threat! XD

This post has been edited by ShadowSick: Sep 18 2011, 07:20 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 07:21 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.