iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

The 2nd Quarter Contest has arrived! Go check it out in the Community Announcements now!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> About the Persona franchise, Opinions ? hell yeah
OVAN66
post Oct 19 2011, 02:05 AM
Post #1

Fsteak
Group Icon

Type: Musician
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Well , here i come with a question ... I dunno if you're aware of all the Persona 4 fever expanding in diverse ways ...

Opening - Sky's the limit

Thing is .. even when im a bigggggg (if not , the biggest) fan of All the Persona franchise and of course Shin Megami Tensei and all related , im starting to get a little uncomfortable here , i mean , maybe (maybe) they're just starting to explode way too much the game with all this stuff ? I hope this is not the way they're telling : "Hey boy , dont expect a SMT for a loooong time " xD

I really love Persona and SMT , with a little more predilection to SMT , but hey, this is getting a little ridiculous ..

This post has been edited by OVAN66: Oct 19 2011, 05:40 AM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Radscythe
post Oct 19 2011, 04:37 AM
Post #2

Waiting for life to pass him by.
Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Neutral Good

Apparently they are working on Persona 5 now; which will most likely be for PS3...I love me some persona, but I also love their main series.

The latest in the main series is for a handheld system if you count Strange Journey.

In other words you can expect the Persona series to be the flagship series for some time now.

--------------------
The words that sprout of lies to our souls; if they bear fruit the lies disappear.

Games:
Spoiler:
My Stuff:

Award:
Spoiler:

I support:
Spoiler:

<<< Stare at this in awe.

+Quote Post

Moururi
post Oct 19 2011, 05:08 AM
Post #3

Ocean Stars Falling...
Group Icon

Type: Designer

I've been following all of these since they were announced.

It is fairly extreme, but I'm still really excited, and the timing is very clever (In universe, 2011 is the year Persona 4 took place).

Persona 4 the Golden single-handedly convinced me to buy a PSV on launch just so I'm prepared for it, and as a big Blazblue fan (albeit a fairly casual player) I'm extremely hyped for P4: The Ultimate.

The Anime is alright, too soon to really pass judgment.

+Quote Post

OVAN66
post Oct 19 2011, 05:32 AM
Post #4

Fsteak
Group Icon

QUOTE (Monscythe @ Oct 19 2011, 01:37 AM) *
Apparently they are working on Persona 5 now; which will most likely be for PS3...I love me some persona, but I also love their main series.

The latest in the main series is for a handheld system if you count Strange Journey.

In other words you can expect the Persona series to be the flagship series for some time now.

Yeah, i remember seeing something like that on Siliconera , Katsura Hashino said that Persona 5 is not going to be released for a long time ... and yeah , maybe ill adapt to it tongue.gif

QUOTE (Wereroda @ Oct 19 2011, 02:08 AM) *
I've been following all of these since they were announced.

It is fairly extreme, but I'm still really excited, and the timing is very clever (In universe, 2011 is the year Persona 4 took place).

Persona 4 the Golden single-handedly convinced me to buy a PSV on launch just so I'm prepared for it, and as a big Blazblue fan (albeit a fairly casual player) I'm extremely hyped for P4: The Ultimate.

The Anime is alright, too soon to really pass judgment.

Yeah , the cool stuff is that the game ends in 2o12 ... and counting all the mayanwhatever stuff about the end of the world , i mean that would be a very good start point for the game (for the game , the whole idea of someone predicting the end of the world is crap in real life xD)

Oh, you're a Blazblue fan too! cool!

And about the anime, i think is great , i love it so far :3 , hope they not do anything too dangerous tongue.gif

EDIT ! : Well , this is getting a little out of hand maybe ? Persona 4 : Social smarthphone game !?

This post has been edited by OVAN66: Oct 19 2011, 07:18 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

sabao
post Oct 20 2011, 06:43 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

An anime series is nothing new for the Persona series at this point. Between Persona 3/P3 FES and its PSP port they came up with a spin-off series in Trinity Souls as well. A lot of people felt it was off considering it barely followed any existing Persona game, so I'm guessing this time around they're hoping they'll have better support by building a series based on one.

So far it's an okay show. I think they're taking 'based on the game' too seriously though. The whole calendar thing, and the character stats between commercial feel cheesy. They're making it too much like the video game visually and I personally find it doesn't translate well. The gradient thing in their faces looked fine in static images in-game, but when animated it just looks like everyone forgot to shave this morning.

Storywise, I think it's a mistake to make the main character so passive. In two episodes I barely got five minutes of speech out of him. The Velvet Room scenes are annoying in that it was all just Igor talking--the scenes could have been more poignant if they'd written the hero to take a more active role in dialogue. With him as he is now I'm not really sure how they're planning to do scenes based on Social Links because the guy's plain bland. They had a P4 manga in Japan a while back and I thought that was slightly more interesting.

The fighting game, like the show just feels like fluff to build up hype for the PSV port IMO. Not necessarily a bad thing, it looks gorgeous, but I'd hold out for the Golden.

--------------------
I support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

OVAN66
post Oct 20 2011, 10:59 AM
Post #6

Fsteak
Group Icon

QUOTE (sabao @ Oct 20 2011, 03:43 AM) *
An anime series is nothing new for the Persona series at this point. Between Persona 3/P3 FES and its PSP port they came up with a spin-off series in Trinity Souls as well. A lot of people felt it was off considering it barely followed any existing Persona game, so I'm guessing this time around they're hoping they'll have better support by building a series based on one.

So far it's an okay show. I think they're taking 'based on the game' too seriously though. The whole calendar thing, and the character stats between commercial feel cheesy. They're making it too much like the video game visually and I personally find it doesn't translate well. The gradient thing in their faces looked fine in static images in-game, but when animated it just looks like everyone forgot to shave this morning.

Storywise, I think it's a mistake to make the main character so passive. In two episodes I barely got five minutes of speech out of him. The Velvet Room scenes are annoying in that it was all just Igor talking--the scenes could have been more poignant if they'd written the hero to take a more active role in dialogue. With him as he is now I'm not really sure how they're planning to do scenes based on Social Links because the guy's plain bland. They had a P4 manga in Japan a while back and I thought that was slightly more interesting.

The fighting game, like the show just feels like fluff to build up hype for the PSV port IMO. Not necessarily a bad thing, it looks gorgeous, but I'd hold out for the Golden.

Yeah, i liked Trinity Soul , it was not really an amazing anime, it was just ok , and about P4A .. it feels like they're listening to all the fans who were asking a real Persona Anime , lots of people hated Trinity Soul .

Yup , i think im a little agree with you , when i first heard about them making an anime i remember i said "Hell yeah! i hope they make it just like the game!" but soon i realize that hey! that would be a little boring , i mean , i know exactly what gonna happen next , and sometimes i would really like to see stuff we didnt see , or see other situations changed , im ok with the MC though , it doesn't really bother or like me tongue.gif

Im excited about The golden too ! i really want to put my hands onto it (and also the other games , jaja )

Of course , maybe all of this "Explotation" have a reason , with good sales in all of this products , they could bring more games in the "different" and experimented style like Catherine , hell , they could even bring a very dark smt , like the Snes ones .

--------------------

+Quote Post

Gigglemoo
post Nov 6 2011, 03:52 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed

The first games in the Persona series were extremely player unfriendly (2 hours to save points or 9 maps of random encounters to backtrack through!), full of one hit attacks against you, and super grindy. But I loved the stories. Are the new ones similar, or have they improved the gameplay a bit?

All of the ones I played could've been a great anime series. There was even like 30 minutes of animated videos in P2.

--------------------
I'm usually on IRC, not the boards. Upcoming projects involve puzzles & rockets.

+Quote Post

sabao
post Nov 7 2011, 05:01 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

P3 and P4 did some changes in its mechanics that made it easier than the first two, I suppose. There are no save points in dungeons sadly so yeah you will have to make it through a few randomly generated floors before you get your chance to save, and without grinding the newer floors can be torture to navigate through. It won't take two hours to get to though, probably. The battle system has been tweaked so you're better rewarded for exploiting enemy weaknesses though, where enemies are paralyzed for a turn if they're hit with their weakness and players are given the chance to do a team attack if all enemies are downed in one turn.

Outside dungeon crawling P3 and P4 now have a sort of life simulator where the protagonist has to go to school, join clubs or have a part time job and stuff. Building relationships with the many characters in the game is important because stronger relationships with them give special bonuses in battle and a wider selection of Persona.

That's about it, mostly.

--------------------
I support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Moururi
post Nov 7 2011, 06:26 PM
Post #9

Ocean Stars Falling...
Group Icon

QUOTE (sabao @ Nov 7 2011, 05:01 AM) *
There are no save points in dungeons sadly so yeah you will have to make it through a few randomly generated floors before you get your chance to save, and without grinding the newer floors can be torture to navigate through. It won't take two hours to get to though, probably.

I'd like to add that in both games there are also ways of teleporting out of the dungeon immediately.

And in Persona 3 Portable and Persona 4 you can resume from your latest floor.

+Quote Post

mitchi.exe
post Nov 8 2011, 11:14 PM
Post #10

Welcome to RMVX.net, B*tch
Group Icon

I like what they're doing with the Persona franchise. I'll support them no matter what!
I haven't played P4 yet, but I've already watched the anime. For the fighting game, they should have also include other P3 characters besides Aigis.

--------------------

Spoiler:

CoA Playable Character Spr completion: 7/13 (~54%)
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

OVAN66
post Nov 9 2011, 03:03 AM
Post #11

Fsteak
Group Icon

QUOTE (mitchi.exe @ Nov 8 2011, 08:14 PM) *
I like what they're doing with the Persona franchise. I'll support them no matter what!
I haven't played P4 yet, but I've already watched the anime. For the fighting game, they should have also include other P3 characters besides Aigis.

Yeah , me too, me too .

Its just that , like i said in the post, sometimes seems like if they going a little far .

About P4:uma , yess , im waiting for akihiko to be confirmed <3

--------------------

+Quote Post

fmstwre
post Nov 9 2011, 03:29 AM
Post #12

Group Icon

Alignment: Lawful Good

Uhm. Anime in my Video Games? Yes please =3. We want Persona 5!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Ark Aurelius
post Dec 31 2011, 06:26 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Sorry Ovan, but step back and let a REAL Persona fan take the stage XD

Nah, I kid. But nice to know there are Persona fans here! Greatest game series ever! And the anime is awesome so far!

Yuu vs Shadow Mitsuo. Best scene ever.

--------------------

+Quote Post

OVAN66
post Dec 31 2011, 07:47 PM
Post #14

Fsteak
Group Icon

Greatest game series ever

Hellz Yeah!

and the Yu vs Shadow mitsuo scene was simply awesome, thhey add an interesting twist for the series.

Im glad to! i salute you fellow Persona fan!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 05:33 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.