iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Does anyone beside me still play the old nintendo, PSX, N64, ect?, Title pretty much says it all.
Voltage
post Oct 24 2011, 12:42 PM
Post #21

Coding in C#
Group Icon

Type: Coder
Alignment: Unaligned

I still play Mortal Kombat 3. tongue.gif

--------------------
"You may take notes lads."
Some of my work:
Spoiler:
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Shiny Nickel
post Oct 24 2011, 05:33 PM
Post #22

Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Love this topic! High five to all the old-school systems already mentioned as I have (or had) most of them at one time or another! biggrin.gif

I didn't see too many mentions for SEGA stuff, so I'll add in my love for my 3rd-gen Genesis and my Dreamcast, which I play on a regular basis. I even have the Dreamcast accessories like the keyboard for Typing of the Dead! (If you haven't played it and love House of the Dead or zombies in general, it's worth a play!)

For me I never gave up my old systems unless my parents made me do it! Hahaha! smile.gif Now that I'm an adult I hold onto all of them and I try to keep them in good working condition. Most of the really old ones I keep in clear plastic bins and hook them up just when I want to play to keep the dust out. smile.gif

--------------------
My Game Developer Blog:

+Quote Post

Getdizzy
post Oct 24 2011, 06:43 PM
Post #23

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed
Alignment: Unaligned

Everyone should, even if they have to load it up on an emulator, play Shining Force II for the Sega Genesis. I wish more SRPGs took the RPG part as seriously as this game. I like being able to explore towns and walk from place to place.

+Quote Post

ShadowSick
post Oct 24 2011, 09:39 PM
Post #24

Master Sleeping Spriter
Group Icon

Type: Spriter
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Ok, I got another one. Back when I played the game boy color, I played an amazing game called bionic commando. Also, I played Shantae, Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons, Wario Land 3, and... what was that other one...

--------------------

If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig. If you're not 100% about it, then skip it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------My Topics-----------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+Quote Post

fmstwre
post Oct 24 2011, 09:57 PM
Post #25

Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Lawful Good

Touch I have to agree with you about Shining Force, it was a great game but...the voice acting was just...:/

MegaMan X on the SNES is something I play almost every week, me and my friends literally get trashed and just play that game to see who can beat it quicker. It was the first game I ever actually thoroughly played through, and it has a special place in my heart :3

--------------------

+Quote Post

manat31790
post Oct 26 2011, 01:53 AM
Post #26

RPGPlayer
Group Icon

Alignment: Neutral Good

I am always a retro gamer, however, most of them I am playing with emulators.

The "old" systems I owned were Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Famicom, and Playstation. The last two were broken, and I had to rely on emulating PSX game with PS2 early on until I discovered epsxe.

I picked up Final Fantasy series up once in a while. IX was my favorite. Lufia 3: Legend Returns on Game Boy Color was also my good memory, but the cartridge got a save problem I had to play it on an emulator.

This post has been edited by manat31790: Oct 26 2011, 01:55 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

ShadowSick
post Oct 27 2011, 08:38 PM
Post #27

Master Sleeping Spriter
Group Icon

Type: Spriter

QUOTE (manat31790 @ Oct 25 2011, 06:53 PM) *
I am always a retro gamer, however, most of them I am playing with emulators.

The "old" systems I owned were Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Famicom, and Playstation. The last two were broken, and I had to rely on emulating PSX game with PS2 early on until I discovered epsxe.

I picked up Final Fantasy series up once in a while. IX was my favorite. Lufia 3: Legend Returns on Game Boy Color was also my good memory, but the cartridge got a save problem I had to play it on an emulator.

speaking of epsxe, how do you get it to work? I own a PSX and I want to play it on the go, but I couldn't get it to work. Also, If anyone has a psx, you should play Musashi: Brave Warrior.

--------------------

If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig. If you're not 100% about it, then skip it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------My Topics-----------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+Quote Post

Clyde Arrowny
post Oct 31 2011, 07:57 PM
Post #28

Shadow of the Dusk
Group Icon

I just finished a playthrough of Earthbound on the SNES, not an emulator, using yoyos and slingshots only. Also no multibottle rockets. Game was reallly hard without those things haha. Lots of fun though. Bought the game new when it came out. Loved it ever since.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Neosky
post Oct 31 2011, 09:17 PM
Post #29

Master of the DarkSyde of Cheese!
Group Icon

Oh yeah, I play all my old psx games all the time. Hell I still have the orignal FF1 for the Nes. I don't play it much, but I still have it. I'd play Dargon warrior 1 and zelda, lol. Pretty much anything but Dreamcast, lol.

@Shadowsick

If you want to play it on the Go you have to place a CFW so you can install an emu. I play Legend of Legaia all the time on my old Psp. It's the same idea though.

This post has been edited by neosky: Oct 31 2011, 09:19 PM

--------------------

Remember, Remember the 5th of November...
Spoiler:

If you are new, please go through this spoiler for VERY useful links.
Spoiler:

Tarris Thread || User Forum || Tarris Hold Website || Twitch.tv

+Quote Post

mitchi.exe
post Nov 1 2011, 02:58 PM
Post #30

Welcome to RMVX.net, B*tch
Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Evil

This thread makes me want to play Suikoden all over again.
I can't believe the series got disbanded... ;(

I also play a lot of SNES games on my iPhone~
Great old games never gets old!

--------------------

Spoiler:

CoA Playable Character Spr completion: 7/13 (~54%)
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

manat31790
post Nov 15 2011, 01:38 PM
Post #31

RPGPlayer
Group Icon

I'm recently into Gradius series. I can seldom pass the first stage of Gradius 2 becuase those suns keep burning my ship when I'm busy looking at something else.

This post has been edited by manat31790: Nov 15 2011, 01:39 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Weird Al
post Nov 18 2011, 02:14 AM
Post #32

Group Icon

Well, about half an hour ago I was playing the NES, and I usually play the SNES a lot, since Final Fantasy VI is on that, and no game will ever beat that one.
I play PSX quite a lot, from RPGs (Final Fantasy mostly though...) to fighting games (Street Fighter EX2 Plus, anyone?) to puzzle games and more. I've used N64 a lot recently, since I just bought a new one (My old one broke 3 months ago sad.gif ) and have been playing about 15 different games for that, so yeah. They're pretty awesome.

+Quote Post

Chaco
post Nov 29 2011, 12:25 AM
Post #33

Group Icon

Favorite older system I still play would be the N64! So many amazing, epic titles that were unforgettable to me.
I think my favorite's for that system would have to have been Goldeneye and Banjo-Tooie.

+Quote Post

Sharpe
post Jan 4 2012, 07:55 PM
Post #34

Group Icon

Alignment: Lawful Good

I still play Zelda II, Dragon Warrior and Final Fantasy on my NES (mainly FF). I got DW for Christmas in 1989 and FF for Christmas in 1990. I was born in 1981. My Dragon Warrior cartridge still has a save file on it from 1990.

At my friend's house, we play Metroid, RBI Baseball, Tecmo Bowl, Double Dribble, and Mike Tyson's Punch Out.

Too bad we never discovered a good fantasy turn-based strategy game to play against each other on the NES...

Every now and again I'll dig out my SNES and play ActRaiser, Super Gouls and Ghosts and FFII.

However, I see little difference between playing on the actual console and emulation; the actual console is only slightly more nostalgic.

--------------------
My first tutorial: Moving a Player Through a Door Using a Move Route

"I give thee now a chance to share this world and to rule half of it
if thou will now stand beside me.
"What sayest thou?
"Will the great warrior stand with me?"

--The Dragonlord, Dragon Warrior, 1989.

+Quote Post

Virus 9
post Jan 4 2012, 08:46 PM
Post #35

Evil is a virus that spreads!
Group Icon

I loved Super Smash Brother (N64), Earthbound (Nintendo), Pokemon (Gameboy) {though I keep losing it.}, Crash Bash (PS1), and Pack-man (Anything really)

--------------------
EVIL RULES OVER ALL!
Spoiler:
After a great deal of a vote, I have been chosen to remain evil by the members of the forum! Now prepare for the 2nd stage of my plot!

I Support
Spoiler:

CODE
[img]http://i39.tinypic.com/ftklqq.png[/img]

Building
Spoiler:

Read if New or Beginner!
Spoiler:
Are you new to RPG Maker VX or the Forum? I will help you with some simple guides to understanding.
  1. If you are new to the forum then make your introduction known to the community. Also if you are leaving us we would like to hear you there.
  2. If you have experience something wrong with this Community Forum that is not working right you can contact the staff by visiting the Feedback and Support.
  3. People like us are willing to help anyone who is having any problems with RPG Maker VX Program down here in the Support / Help Forum. We do provide some provided answers in here to read.Or you can contact RPG_Lover or Akod for help through PM.
  4. Need some new images/audios for your game? We provide a wide range for your game development needs in our Resource Showcase. We also provide if you can not find what you need a request for something.
  5. If it's scripts you need. We can help you find what functions you want to add to your games in our Complete RGSS2 Scripts! As well we provide a request if you got something else in mind you need.
  6. Got a game developed and ready to show? You can provide any Completed Games or Under Developed Games with us to get a result from the community.
  7. Now you can also relax in our Off-Discussion of RPG Maker VX.

We do have a small support for RPG Maker VX ACE here. I recommend if your starting to use RPG Maker VX to go and fix your Game_Interpreter. Make sure to follow the Community Rules and you will be OK on your way.

+Quote Post

sabao
post Jan 5 2012, 12:24 PM
Post #36

Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

QUOTE (Frecchi Krueger.exe @ Nov 1 2011, 10:58 PM) *
This thread makes me want to play Suikoden all over again.
I can't believe the series got disbanded... ;(

I'm pretty sure there was news of a new Suikoden game for PSP.

Here it is:
http://www.konami.jp/gs/game/genso/100-years/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySAlckdIaic
http://www.siliconera.com/2011/09/17/new-g...ounced-for-psp/
http://www.siliconera.com/2011/12/25/first...-battle-system/

It's 'Woven Web of A Century', apparently different from the earlier proposed 'Frontier Gate'. Not sure how I feel about it because it follows Tierkries's multiple universes story thread. It wasn't bad, to be fair-- it's just that 1-5 offered such a rich world and history, and so much more left without explanation.

As for old games on old consoles, most of my old consoles are long dead. Still, I have ports and virtual consoles to tide me over. At the moment I'm playing through Secret of Mana and Secret of Monkey Island on iOS. Looking to purchase Space Channel 5, and maybe Xenogears on PSN.

--------------------
I support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Zinarei
post Jan 6 2012, 04:24 PM
Post #37

Handsome Devil
Group Icon

I got a Kindle Fire for Christmas and I put a Playstation emulator on it. Aside from the sound emulation, it's really good and I've been enjoying myself. I always play around with the old systems though. You need to know the history of gaming in order to become a great game designer.

Right now I'm replaying an old favorite, Digimon World 2 haha. Good times.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 09:19 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.