iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

The 2nd Quarter Contest has arrived! Go check it out in the Community Announcements now!

> Notes for Complete Game Threads

This forum is for completed RPG Maker VX games. Please do not post threads about games being made in other engines here.

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> NoobSlice, Award Wining.....Now go Die like a Noob! <_<
n4xo94
post Nov 1 2011, 02:21 PM
Post #21

Group Icon

Type: Musician

QUOTE (Nelderson @ Nov 1 2011, 12:09 AM) *
CRAP.....Give me a tic

EDIT: Thank you very much n4xo94! Please redownload and it should work. When you play, if you get a gameover screen PLEASE TELL ME!!!!

THANKS AGAIN FOR TRYING THE GAME!

I downloaded it again and now it works =) thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

BlackMuffin
post Nov 3 2011, 10:15 AM
Post #22

私は、日本語は話せません。
Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Chaotic Good

This thread needs to survive even after the judging is over; this game is too awesome. :3

--------------------
"People with Autism and other brain disorders are the most unfairly treated people in the world."- Dorian's World

Projects

+Quote Post

Nelderson
post Nov 5 2011, 06:41 PM
Post #23

Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Lawful Good

QUOTE (BlackMuffin @ Nov 3 2011, 07:15 AM) *
This thread needs to survive even after the judging is over; this game is too awesome. :3

This game will never die BlackMuffin! biggrin.gif

NEEEEVVVVVERRR DIIIIIEEEEEEE!!!!

--------------------
STOP BEING A JAPFAG CRIMSON!!!

Meh.....F$#@ you Mike <=== Still applies....<_<

+Quote Post

BlackMuffin
post Nov 5 2011, 06:59 PM
Post #24

私は、日本語は話せません。
Group Icon

Just wait until Zetu comes along. T_T

EDIT: Somehow that reminded me that I need to post a topic for my new game. ohmy.gif

Be right back. >w>

MOAR EDIT: Posted my topic. :3

Now I've gotta figure out how to get it across that I'm not advertising...

Got it!

This post has been edited by BlackMuffin: Nov 10 2011, 09:22 PM

--------------------
"People with Autism and other brain disorders are the most unfairly treated people in the world."- Dorian's World

Projects

+Quote Post

mike_buxton
post Nov 10 2011, 04:26 AM
Post #25

Group Icon

Alignment: Neutral Good

Sorry I'm late to the party! The RPG Party!

The gameplay for this game is SOLID. I only wish there was a save feature, as games tend to be long. There is plenty of room for strategy and replayability, because simply rushing towards the goal without being prepared will only get you killed. And there is plenty of room for choice, in paths and in characters. I didn't get to the higher level tiers so I don't actually know if the characters are truly balanced but the early levels seemed fair. The input command to determine damage was a nice little choice that makes battles much more interesting. Battles could use a little more strategy (incorporating more status effects and elements) to really make a difference in play. Most tiles to land on were fair and I wouldn't change the map a whole lot except for maybe a graphics revamp.

I understood some of the humour of the game but many of the inside jokes of the community were lost on me; you catered to your target audience so you did your job, but it narrows the amount of people who can fully appreciate the game. Same with the graphics; I'd love to show and play this game with my friends, but they will definitely not get the same experience that I will get, and I won't get the same experience that someone like you or one of the veterans of the community gets. Again, I realize you were catering to a niche and the only reason I bring this up is because I want to enjoy the full game with friends that can appreciate the same experience. If you could think of a more down-to-earth story and dialogue I and my friends would be all over this!

--------------------
Completed Project: (Submitted for the 2011 RMVX Competition)

+Quote Post

Nelderson
post Nov 10 2011, 06:03 AM
Post #26

Group Icon

QUOTE (mike_buxton @ Nov 10 2011, 01:26 AM) *
Sorry I'm late to the party! The RPG Party!

The gameplay for this game is SOLID. I only wish there was a save feature, as games tend to be long. There is plenty of room for strategy and replayability, because simply rushing towards the goal without being prepared will only get you killed. And there is plenty of room for choice, in paths and in characters. I didn't get to the higher level tiers so I don't actually know if the characters are truly balanced but the early levels seemed fair. The input command to determine damage was a nice little choice that makes battles much more interesting. Battles could use a little more strategy (incorporating more status effects and elements) to really make a difference in play. Most tiles to land on were fair and I wouldn't change the map a whole lot except for maybe a graphics revamp.

I understood some of the humour of the game but many of the inside jokes of the community were lost on me; you catered to your target audience so you did your job, but it narrows the amount of people who can fully appreciate the game. Same with the graphics; I'd love to show and play this game with my friends, but they will definitely not get the same experience that I will get, and I won't get the same experience that someone like you or one of the veterans of the community gets. Again, I realize you were catering to a niche and the only reason I bring this up is because I want to enjoy the full game with friends that can appreciate the same experience. If you could think of a more down-to-earth story and dialogue I and my friends would be all over this!

Well, first off; Thanks for playing my game and replying! I do appreciate the insight, and I just want to give you my reasons, along with some possibilities with this game in the future.

Remember: I made this game in ONE month, for the contest. I only had so much time with each aspect of the game. With that in mind:

1. Gameplay - Why thank you for saying it's solid! As for the Save issue, it was the one thing I knew about, but couldn't work on. I know how to fix it, I just need about a couple days of work on it, and it should be fine! I made the characters balanced until about level 12, then nothing. This is mostly because this game is a sampling of what I can offer with this type of game.....biggrin.gif

2. Graphics - I had a month, I was alone....and I'm not good at graphics to begin with. If I remake it, I'll do custom graphics. tongue.gif

3. Storyline - This is something I threw together for the purposes of using characters already made, to make my life more simple! If people really like the game, I will probably remake the game, and use totally custom characters! Then again....I might try a Final Fantasy spoof? Or maybe a spoof on ALL RPGS!!!

FWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED!!!!!!!

This post has been edited by Nelderson: Nov 10 2011, 10:38 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

mike_buxton
post Nov 10 2011, 12:26 PM
Post #27

Group Icon

Bwahaha, I'm not a judge or a mod and therefore not required to take into account 1 month deadlines!

Actually I know well what happens when you are limited by time constraints because the same thing happened in my project! We all have to decide very early what resources to use and the style and feel of the game because a revamp of any component is time costly and will likely kill you before the deadline (Actually half-way through creating my submission I changed the main character - whoa boy lot of work there!). Also, graphics was worth very little points so there wasn't much incentive to stray too far from the RTP when considering a rating.

That being said, I'm not a judge so in my posts I've never had any interest in rating games in this contest. My first and foremost goal of playing your entries and even entering this contest is to learn and research game design using RPG VX. By writing about what I played I call into conciousness what I experienced...

And frankly in some entries such as yours there wasn't much constructive criticism to offer other than what I'd love to see in the future. Its worth making other versions of this game; Do it!

--------------------
Completed Project: (Submitted for the 2011 RMVX Competition)

+Quote Post

Radscythe
post Nov 13 2011, 06:55 PM
Post #28

Waiting for life to pass him by.
Group Icon

Hey Nelderson; when you can, the save problem could be very easily remedied by posting an autosave script to save whenever someone heals themselves completely, or after every string of turns.

I'm using woratana's "Quick Save / Load / Delete" script in a game and it works wonders for that.

--------------------
The words that sprout of lies to our souls; if they bear fruit the lies disappear.

Games:
Spoiler:
My Stuff:

Award:
Spoiler:

I support:
Spoiler:

<<< Stare at this in awe.

+Quote Post

Nelderson
post Nov 14 2011, 04:47 AM
Post #29

Group Icon

I know how to save.....my problem is a little more complex/stupid..... dry.gif

The save will not work, because like a DUMBASS; I scripted the turns in the wrong place. All I have to do is either dump, and load the specific objects inside the game temp class.....or rewrite the codes for the game_system class, and go through my game and change every freakin script call tongue.gif

And since both require work, and I'm feeling lazy......I'll do it laterish biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Nelderson: Nov 14 2011, 04:48 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

BlackMuffin
post Nov 15 2011, 07:49 PM
Post #30

私は、日本語は話せません。
Group Icon

Do it now.

PEER PRESSURE~

This post has been edited by BlackMuffin: Nov 15 2011, 07:49 PM

--------------------

Projects

+Quote Post

ShinGamix
post Dec 3 2011, 07:58 PM
Post #31

...now loading...
Group Icon

Alignment: Unaligned

Woo Who my downloads are back. I can finally play it now.

Played it. Not bad love the map. but I was hoping the battles was more like the sideview shot where you choose you character at. I like the timed input (Quickly Sabin) attack and the music really vamped up the game!

This post has been edited by ShinGamix: Dec 4 2011, 05:37 AM

--------------------
The Maker of Battle Dungeons!!

+Quote Post

smoothrico
post Dec 21 2011, 09:55 AM
Post #32

Group Icon

Alignment: Lawful Neutral

i shall play it (only cause you called me a douchbag.....) naw but i'm still goin 2 play looks fun

--------------------
"life is all about the choices we make whether good or bad, we must deal with them"

unknown

"the best friend of my enemy may also be a friend"

unknown

"remember to look both ways before crossing the street"

everybodies family member at least once in their lifetime

+Quote Post

Nelderson
post Sep 18 2012, 05:43 AM
Post #33

Group Icon

I'm resurrecting this bisnitch......

Yo....

Word....

To your mother.....

dry.gif ....

--------------------

+Quote Post

Macys_Hero
post Sep 18 2012, 06:40 AM
Post #34

The Ultimate Action Figure
Group Icon

Type: Spriter
Alignment: True Neutral

I approve this message... GET BACK TO WORK!

--------------------

01110010 01101111 01101101 01100001 01101110 01110011 00100000 00110001 00110010 00110001 00111001
WIELDER OF THE...
<div style="margin-top:5px"><div class="quotetitle">Spoiler: <input type="button" value="Show" style="width:45px;font-size:10px;margin:0px;padding:0px;" onclick="if (this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display != '') { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = ''; this.innerText = ''; this.value = 'Hide'; } else { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = 'none'; this.innerText = ''; this.value = 'Show'; }" />
<div class="quotecontent"><div style="display: none;"></div></div></div></div>

+Quote Post

GreenCookie
post Jun 19 2013, 05:24 PM
Post #35

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed

When I oppen it it says: "RGSS202E.dll is missing " btw the game looks realy cool

+Quote Post

Johnny0798
post Jun 19 2013, 07:45 PM
Post #36

If you're reading THIS, you're not reading THIS.
Group Icon

Download it here. wink.gif

If you ever get this error again, now you just need to copy it into the game's folder.

--------------------
My Works:

I have to make another support bar for my VX project, but while there isn't one, come here.
My script, Improved Window_Status. I should make a bar for it too!

- Join Deb, Mace, Akod, Johnny and Sketcy in the quest to uncover the secrets of the Yggdrasil Labyrinth!

I support:

- I ORDER you to play this!

Open the spoiler if you're new to the forum:
Spoiler:
Before everything, read the Forum's Rules.

Make an introduction of yourself here! Don't be shy! We don't bite! At least, I don't!

If you have problems with Switches, Variables or anything else related to events, take a look at Aindra's RPG Maker VX School, the best tutorial ever! Download the Practice Events to test your eventing skills!

Post projects made in RPG Maker VX here! Read the Rules and Guidelines before posting! Projects on any other program come here. Be sure to play other people's games too.

Check out our resources here! Request resources here. Make sure you read this and this before requesting!

Have any troubles using VX? Ask for help here! Read this, this and this before asking for help.

Get scripts for your game here! Don't say "Your script gives me an error saying "superclass mismatch"! What do I do?". If this happens, you're using VX Ace, and there's no other way around this than requesting it to be converted to RGSS3 here.

Request scripts for VX, and ONLY VX, here! If you have trouble using a script, ask for help here.

If you're working too much on your projects, take a rest here and here!

Do you use RPG Maker VX Ace Lite? Come to the brand-new Ace Lite section found here! I just don't know why is there a scripting section inside it, as Ace Lite has no scripting support, from what I've heard.

Well, I think that's all. If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask, like I am!

+Quote Post

GreenCookie
post Jun 20 2013, 04:52 AM
Post #37

Group Icon

QUOTE (Johnny0798 @ Jun 19 2013, 07:45 PM) *
Download it here. wink.gif

If you ever get this error again, now you just need to copy it into the game's folder.

Thanks a lot. But now RPGVX RTP is not found. mad.gif laugh.gif In the folder i have got only:
Audio
Data
Graphics
Game
Game
Game.rvproj
RGSS202E.dll

+Quote Post

Akod
post Jun 20 2013, 05:14 AM
Post #38

Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

That's because you need the RTP installed on your computer to play the game as it is the resources that most games run off of. You can download it from the RPG Maker site here.

--------------------

Having issues eventing something? Feel free to send me a message and I will see what I can do!

I Support
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 12:44 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.