iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

The 2nd Quarter Contest has arrived! Go check it out in the Community Announcements now!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Slo-mo script, aka. Frame rate modifying script
Neon Black
post Oct 29 2011, 01:04 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Slo-mo Script V1.0
Created by Neon Black

What is it?
This script will allow you modify the frame rate of the game simply by changing the value of a variable. The frame rate can be increased or decreased depending on your need at the present moment. This script also has a simple graphical change that can be turned on or off. There are other features (mainly graphical) that I want to add at a later date, however the script will lose some of it's plug and play capabilities when they are added, and they're mostly graphical, so this script is ready to go as-is.

How can I use it?
Place this script anywhere in the materials section above main. If you notice incompatibility with another script, place this script above that script. If you still experience incompatibility issues, please post what scripts you are using as well as what kind of error you are getting. To change the game's frame rate just change the variable you define in the config section of the script to the desired value. To change the frame rate back, just change the variable back to 60. Be aware that changing the frame rate affects other on-screen functions such as message boxes and animations. I have modified the script so that it does not slow down during the menu scene or battle scene.

Configuration:
Spoiler:
  • FPS Variable - The default variable used to modify the frame rate.
  • Slo-mo Blend Effect - The maximum frame rate that will display the modified blending effect. Set to 9 or lower to disable.
  • Limit FPS Max - The maximum frame rate allowed. Even if this is above 120, the maximum allowed is 120.
  • Limit FPS Min - The minimum frame rate allowed. Even if this is below 10, the minimum allowed is 10.

What does it look like?
I can't really show you a speed change in a single picture, and a single function doesn't really merit a demo. Just imagine lag. That's pretty much it.... The picture shows what the main character looks like with the added blending effect. To turn this off, change the blending mode option to 9 or below.
Spoiler:

What does it work with?
Considering this script does not overwrite any objects, it should work with pretty much everything. Below are the changes this script makes.

Alias
Spoiler:

Game_System:
  • initialize
  • update

Sprite_Character:
  • update

Scene_Map:
  • perform_battle_transition

Scene_Menu:
  • initialize

New Classes/Objects
Spoiler:

Game_FrameRate:
  • initialize
  • update
  • glitch_test

How can I get the code?
Version 1.0 (first build) is available only by clicking this link here..

I would like to use this code.
You are free to use, modify, copy and distribute this code at your own leisure and you do not need to credit me directly, however if you use this code or modify it in any way, please leave the names in the credits box at the top of the code and do not remove that section.

Author's Disclaimer:
This script was created after this request was made for a script. Personally I would say if at all possible, do not use this script!! It is better to just event slo-mo event sequences than to use this script for them. If you find any actual need to use this script, feel free to do so. Any changes you would like me to add to this script, please ask and I will see if I can accommodate. Any problems you may encounter please post here or PM me and I will certainly help resolve them.

This post has been edited by Neon Black: Mar 21 2012, 12:33 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

firasour
post Oct 30 2011, 07:38 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: True Neutral

You were right, eventing is better but I guess this can be used for other stuff.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 07:11 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.