iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Name My Game!, I'd appreciate it, it's a 'different' game than you
Shablo5
post Nov 10 2011, 10:41 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Neutral Evil

Okay so, basically my girlfriend's birthday and christmas is next month, so I want to do two things:

1 - Make a short game detailing how we met, some trials and tribulations we've gone through, and how we've overcame such things. BUT this isn't some sappy romance novel, our 'trials and tribulations' will be in the form of puzzles and monsters, and they will be symbolic, not like "BITCHY PERIOD WEEK STRIKES YOUR PARTY FOR 2 DAMAGE" or something, lol.
2 - Make a small sequel to the game for a christmas present, not sure about this yet, will base it's name off the first probably.

Little bit about the game:
The best way I can describe what I have in my head is much like the movie: Scott Pilgrm vs The World. It will be in your traditional RPG VX/RPG style, no fancy stuff here, but the AESTHETIC I think, will feel like that movie. And not that there will be 7 evil bosses, but the feel will be funny, upbeat, and light. It will start with us meeting, and move on to some dates we had and blow them out of proportion. May even have a kidnap scene XD Remember, this is supposed to be funny, yet straight forward. The underlying premise must never be lost.

I am 21 years old, she is 23. She'll be moving in on christmas.

Now... How would you name this? Do you have ANY Suggestions at all?
I'm just having a problem thinking of one.

Any ideas? Anyone? I'm open to all suggestions. And like I said, keep it comedic, light, etc.

This post has been edited by Shablo5: Nov 10 2011, 10:54 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

DragonShiryu2
post Nov 10 2011, 11:07 PM
Post #2

~Lazy Prgrammer-aholic~
Group Icon

Alignment: True Neutral

Love is usually a two-sided sword, as it can be a very happy experience or a hellish one. So, how about "Angel or Demon?" for the title, then at the end, have the end say "Love is an Angel, Because of you" or something like that.

--------------------
Main and only staff person on KluYa: Eclipse Of All Time.

<3 Gaming.

Spoiler:
[quote]
Prologue
When the war of the beasts brings about the world’s end
The goddess descends from the sky
Wings of light and dark spread afar
She guides us to bliss, her gift everlasting.

Act I
Infinite in mystery is the gift of the goddess
We seek it thus, and take it to the sky
Ripples form on the water’s surface
The wandering soul knows no rest.

Act II
There is no hate, only joy
For you are beloved by the goddess
Hero of the dawn, Healer of worlds
Dreams of the morrow hath the shattered soul
Pride is lost
Wings stripped away, the end is nigh.

Act III
My friend, do you fly away now?
To a world that abhors you and I?
All that awaits you is a somber morrow
No matter where the winds may blow
My friend, your desire
Is the bringer of life, the gift of the goddess
Even if the morrow is barren of promises
Nothing shall forestall my return.

Act IV
My friend, the fates are cruel
There are no dreams, no honor remains
The arrow has left the bow of the goddess
My soul, corrupted by vengeance
Hath endured torment, to find the end of the journey
In my own salvation
And your eternal slumber
Legend shall speak
Of sacrifice at world’s end
The wind sails over the water’s surface
Quietly, but surely.

Act V
Even if the morrow is barren of promises
Nothing shall forestall my return
To become the dew that quenches the land
To spare the sands, the seas, the skies
I offer thee this silent sacrifice.[\quote]

+Quote Post

Shablo5
post Nov 10 2011, 11:13 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Alignment: Neutral Evil

QUOTE (DragonShiryu2 @ Nov 10 2011, 11:07 PM) *
Love is usually a two-sided sword, as it can be a very happy experience or a hellish one. So, how about "Angel or Demon?" for the title, then at the end, have the end say "Love is an Angel, Because of you" or something like that.

I like how you are thinking! See, this is why I posted here, because I know that someone out there is thinking bigger than I.

I love the idea, and I love the fact it ties into the ending. However i'll let others post as well just in case something more suitable shows up.
I feel bad for not being able to come up with this title myself, since it's my gift to her, but I am just not good with 'names' per-say.

Thank you, very much for your suggestion, and as of right now, your suggestion trumps anything I can think of.

This post has been edited by Shablo5: Nov 10 2011, 11:14 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Amycha
post Dec 1 2011, 01:36 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed
Alignment: Unaligned

Things I can think of are "Real or wrong?" and "You" or "How you changed my life".
But then again, I'm not a genius in names either XD

--------------------

+Quote Post

Kefra
post Dec 2 2011, 02:09 AM
Post #5

Supremartist Front
Group Icon

Type: Artist
Alignment: Neutral Good

HOES:

THE GAME

--------------------
<Crimson> lol Israel

+Quote Post

MrBlaceano
post Dec 2 2011, 12:18 PM
Post #6

Jack-of-all-trades
Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

How about just call it

Love Diary or Destiny

--------------------
"There are heroes who fights for justice, for personal hatreds or sometimes, for profits. But I...I do it for the lols"

(Currently playing Sentou Gakuen http://sentou.gakuen.org/council/topic-367.html)

+Quote Post

The Puzzle Dude
post Dec 6 2011, 03:51 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed

How about you just call it "The adventures of [YOUR REAL NAME] and [HER REAL NAME]

Also, will you be sharing this game with the forum, or will it be private?

--------------------
I moved to VX ACE and their forums

+Quote Post

Virus 9
post Dec 9 2011, 03:18 AM
Post #8

Evil is a virus that spreads!
Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Evil

QUOTE (The Puzzle Dude @ Dec 6 2011, 04:51 PM) *
How about you just call it "The adventures of [YOUR REAL NAME] and [HER REAL NAME]

Also, will you be sharing this game with the forum, or will it be private?

I wouldn't hold your breath ohmy.gif My guess is he will keep it private cause it is personal.

"My gift to you [Her Name]"

--------------------
EVIL RULES OVER ALL!
Spoiler:
After a great deal of a vote, I have been chosen to remain evil by the members of the forum! Now prepare for the 2nd stage of my plot!

I Support
Spoiler:

CODE
[img]http://i39.tinypic.com/ftklqq.png[/img]

Building
Spoiler:

Read if New or Beginner!
Spoiler:
Are you new to RPG Maker VX or the Forum? I will help you with some simple guides to understanding.
  1. If you are new to the forum then make your introduction known to the community. Also if you are leaving us we would like to hear you there.
  2. If you have experience something wrong with this Community Forum that is not working right you can contact the staff by visiting the Feedback and Support.
  3. People like us are willing to help anyone who is having any problems with RPG Maker VX Program down here in the Support / Help Forum. We do provide some provided answers in here to read.Or you can contact RPG_Lover or Akod for help through PM.
  4. Need some new images/audios for your game? We provide a wide range for your game development needs in our Resource Showcase. We also provide if you can not find what you need a request for something.
  5. If it's scripts you need. We can help you find what functions you want to add to your games in our Complete RGSS2 Scripts! As well we provide a request if you got something else in mind you need.
  6. Got a game developed and ready to show? You can provide any Completed Games or Under Developed Games with us to get a result from the community.
  7. Now you can also relax in our Off-Discussion of RPG Maker VX.

We do have a small support for RPG Maker VX ACE here. I recommend if your starting to use RPG Maker VX to go and fix your Game_Interpreter. Make sure to follow the Community Rules and you will be OK on your way.

+Quote Post

Sepharius
post Jan 8 2012, 05:20 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

Chloroform and lube: Detonation

--------------------
"Each book has its own story, for every word has meaning"

+Quote Post

Frousteleous
post Jan 8 2012, 07:58 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

This is one of those things that you really should name on your own. Complete the game and as you work on it, im sure some thoughts will form. This is a personal gift, afterall. So, it should come from the heart.

But the best sugestions I can think /of so far are the stuff that contains your names. Again, go for something from the heart. Something really simple can speak much louder than somthing intricate.

@Hefra & Sepharius: Y'all crack me up.

--------------------
I Support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Virus 9
post Jan 8 2012, 08:25 PM
Post #11

Evil is a virus that spreads!
Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Just a heads up. I don't think this is needed to him anymore cause when was the last time he reply to this thread? He made this in Nov 10 2011 and told about how Christmas is next month I think he already decided on everything. So I don't think we need to help him with the naming thing anymore. (My opinion)

--------------------
EVIL RULES OVER ALL!
Spoiler:
After a great deal of a vote, I have been chosen to remain evil by the members of the forum! Now prepare for the 2nd stage of my plot!

I Support
Spoiler:

CODE
[img]http://i39.tinypic.com/ftklqq.png[/img]

Building
Spoiler:

Read if New or Beginner!
Spoiler:
Are you new to RPG Maker VX or the Forum? I will help you with some simple guides to understanding.
  1. If you are new to the forum then make your introduction known to the community. Also if you are leaving us we would like to hear you there.
  2. If you have experience something wrong with this Community Forum that is not working right you can contact the staff by visiting the Feedback and Support.
  3. People like us are willing to help anyone who is having any problems with RPG Maker VX Program down here in the Support / Help Forum. We do provide some provided answers in here to read.Or you can contact RPG_Lover or Akod for help through PM.
  4. Need some new images/audios for your game? We provide a wide range for your game development needs in our Resource Showcase. We also provide if you can not find what you need a request for something.
  5. If it's scripts you need. We can help you find what functions you want to add to your games in our Complete RGSS2 Scripts! As well we provide a request if you got something else in mind you need.
  6. Got a game developed and ready to show? You can provide any Completed Games or Under Developed Games with us to get a result from the community.
  7. Now you can also relax in our Off-Discussion of RPG Maker VX.

We do have a small support for RPG Maker VX ACE here. I recommend if your starting to use RPG Maker VX to go and fix your Game_Interpreter. Make sure to follow the Community Rules and you will be OK on your way.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 06:22 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.