iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Styx (New songs!), [VX] Have you heard about Nyx alread?
WannD
post Nov 11 2011, 05:20 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Lawful Good

Mundo RPG Maker topic: http://www.mundorpgmaker.com/forum/index.php?topic=89254.0

Name: Styx
Genre: RPG
Machine: PC, netbook
Language: English
Creator: WannD

Oh nice to met ya! This is my third game using engine VX, and I would like to share with you all. This game is a little similar to Legend of Mana because of the mission system, the history possess a religious essence, like the others. Im sorry the bad english, this isnt my first language, so you may found some confusion or grammar errors. Welcome to Styx!

Mapper/Writter/Designer: WannD
Musician: bruno_mend
Tester: Liferson Molinari

Fallen Angel Singing - Ecclesia Theme by Bruno_med

Angel or Devil - Styx Theme by Bruno_Mend

Who Am I? - Nyx Theme by Bruno_Mend

Nyx is a former priestess of Ecclesia's Sanctuary, and she was found by the High Priest, that adopted her as his own daughter. Nyx have lived all her life through the Sanctuary's window until receive her First Order Priestess Title (with 20 years old). When she was with 15 years old, her adoptive father told her about her past, and so, Nyx was very depressed about all these things. Nyx was always a good girl, respecting the others and working to her God, but she 've never a time for herself..and so, her heart was crying inside. After receive her Title, Nyx parts in a journey to find her biological parents and so, answer her life's question: Who Am I?. You have the power to guide Nyx through many paths, full of dangers and adventures. There are 3 secondary histories that together, will bring the truth about Nyx's existence and her mission.

Nyx Sanctimoniallis, a former priestess from Ecclesia's Sanctuary, possess a maternal personality. Nyx uses as magical damager, her prayers with Holy Atribute and a great variety of weapons, as swords, whips, lances, rods and stars.

Azrail Malak, an arcane warrior of a obscure race. He have lost his sister due to humans, and now seeks vengence. His father have opposite him, and Azrail locked him into a Crystal Cave. However, when Nyx mets him, Azrail's pain is healed and joins the main character. Azrail uses many kinds of elemental spells , but his equipment is fixed.

Medea Morbatti, a a descendent witch from an ancient family of wizards. She and her sisters, Cerridwen and Hecate, always lived in happiness, until the death of their young sister (Cerridwen) due to unknown causes..She became so desesperated to bring her sister to life that left home and left to Varuna, the magickal city of Aldebergos. Help Medea in five missions, to bring her sister back to life!

This game possess many guests to help the main character, but hey are only disponible to certain missions.

Sistema de Batalha Ziifee - Por Ziifee et al.
Sistema de Iluminação - Por Kbça
Victory Stop BGM - Por Mr. Anonymous
Rafidelis Title X - Por Rafidelis
Ultimate Overlay Mapping - Por Hanzo Kimura
Game Screenshot - Por Kyo Panda
Item Window �‚€œ Por Woratana
Reversal State �‚€œ Por Mr. Anonymous
New Menu �‚€œ Por Shepheer
Advanced Save �‚€œ Por GuiRPG
New Shop Scene �‚€œ Silver Link et al
Cogwhell Bars �‚€œ Por Syvkal
Map Background �‚€œ Cozzyekuns
Status Profile �‚€œ Dark Chocobo
Restore Status when Lv. UP �‚€œ Woratana
Custom Message System - Yanfly

This game uses the Overlay Mapping Parallax technic.

Spoiler:

New!

Some screens showing Menu, Battle, Shop and Title Screen.

Spoiler:

New!

My love:
Thank you for always be by my side, and for all help that you gave me with this project. I love you!

Liferson Molinari
A great friend of mine, that gave me many advices about the maps.

Bruno_Mend
A wonderful musician and team member! Thank you very much for all support and help!

DefiledCore
Thanks dude for your help!! You have created the main character and I will never have enough words to express my gratitude! Thank you very much!

SPineVX
Man, you are awesome! Thanks for the perfect sprite that you created to my project!! Like DefiledCore, without you, my game wouldnt be possible!

The-Snagger
Thanks for giving me permission to use your characters in my project, thank you very much!

Drin
Thanks for show me how to use Overlay Mapping Parallax technic!

And Special thanks to: GabrielC, Ookie Panda, Celianna, Lunarea, Night Walker, Jalen The Ripper, Soruve, Imp, and everyone that help me with characters, faces and many resources!!..

This post has been edited by WannD: Apr 14 2013, 09:06 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

DefiledCore
post Nov 14 2011, 12:30 AM
Post #2

Always close at hand. Always within reach. Glistening.
Group Icon

Type: Artist
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Man, didn't even notice you had the topic up here already. Congrats with that!

As I said on the latin board, those maps are gorgeous. I hope you find the patience to finish this project. And don't hit an artist's block, like myself at the moment.

Also, seeing the sprite of the main character always puts a happy smile on my face. In the sketches that I did, she was wearing a mini-skirt and laced thigh-high boots. Looked like a holy prostitute or something. Glad to see her in a proper image. Remind me to upload those drawings when I get my scanner x)

--------------------

+Quote Post

Armageddon97
post Nov 14 2011, 01:24 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Alignment: Neutral Good

Wow. This looks really good. The mapping is superb. I'll keep an eye on this game and I can't wait for the demo.

+Quote Post

rgangsta
post Nov 14 2011, 01:37 AM
Post #4

The Handyman
Group Icon

Alignment: Neutral Evil

QUOTE (Armageddon97 @ Nov 14 2011, 02:24 AM) *
Wow. This looks really good. The mapping is superb. I'll keep an eye on this game and I can't wait for the demo.

Me too. This is just plain awesome.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Syx
post Nov 14 2011, 01:43 AM
Post #5

Rusted Souls
Group Icon

Type: Musician

The maps... They are the sexiest things I've seen since VS:ER. I wholeheartedly support this project based on the maps and nothing else!! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

bioteam
post Nov 14 2011, 03:57 AM
Post #6

Group Icon

Alignment: Lawful Evil

The maps look really appealing. The interface look badass too. :3

--------------------

Supported:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

new
post Nov 14 2011, 11:56 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Evil

i like the maps too, so green and soft to the eyes. hmm, is that a fog for the white circles in the map?

--------------------
download here
(Ask before using a bar from someone's sig -Touchfuzzy)

+Quote Post

WannD
post Nov 15 2011, 02:00 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

Ow! Im sorry to answer you all so late about the project, I couldnt find it!!

@Defiled Core

Its an honor have your comment here! Im very pleased...As I said, I would have not enought words to thanks your work!! Thank you very much!! I wont give up about this game, this will be my gratitude for everyone that helped me!

@Armageddon97

Hey man! Thanks for you comment!! I hope gets more time to finish this project! Im preparing new screens and characters!

@rgangsta

Thanks for your comment too, it always good have the opnion of others!

@Asixex

Hahahaha!! Thanks man!! Im making some new maps, hope gets time to put here!!

@bioteam

Thanks!! Im very happy that you recognize the interface! I was trying to do something ...delicated. Thanks! =D

@new

Thanks for you comment!! The white circles are fogs, light effects from the mapping tech that Im using =D

Hope you liked it!

]Thanks everyone!! Im giving my best shot to this project!! Im so happy that everyone is liking it!

Im sorry the bad english, hope everyone understand me too!

Hugs!

This post has been edited by WannD: Nov 15 2011, 02:10 PM

+Quote Post

Kaptain J
post Nov 15 2011, 09:56 PM
Post #9

Death says "Hi"
Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Lawful Evil

This looks really interesting. Especially the boob goat. Keep up the good work wink.gif

--------------------

Come join Team Smash today!

Other stuffz:
Spoiler:

RPGMakerVX.net Awards:
Spoiler:

Check out my tutorial and articles:
How to Write a Story
The Kaptain's Article Dump

+Quote Post

WannD
post Nov 16 2011, 11:10 AM
Post #10

Group Icon

QUOTE (Kaptain J @ Nov 15 2011, 10:56 PM) *
This looks really interesting. Especially the boob goat. Keep up the good work wink.gif

Oh man, thanks for your comment!! This game possess a religious aspect, so I wanted to use only spiritual monsters, as ghosts, gods and magical creatures from many mitology. Im a little busy at moment, but Im working on others characters to share with you all!

+Quote Post

Xeokk
post Nov 17 2011, 06:54 AM
Post #11

>_>
Group Icon

everyone said it already, but your maps are really really beautiful. i especially love the park. this looks really promising biggrin.gif

--------------------

fadeaway~

+Quote Post

WannD
post Nov 20 2011, 01:09 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

QUOTE (Xeokk @ Nov 17 2011, 06:54 AM) *
everyone said it already, but your maps are really really beautiful. i especially love the park. this looks really promising biggrin.gif

Hey thanks!!! Im still working on the project, Im so busy right now..But still, Im so happy with it!!

Thanks for all support!!

Hugs

+Quote Post

Dark Violin
post Nov 21 2011, 06:21 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed
Alignment: Unaligned

The images are cut-off for me, I can't view them although I tried three different browsers. any one else?

And I'm dying to see that boob goat XD

--------------------

I support:
Spoiler:

Funny as hell:
Spoiler:

-Who are you?
-I know who i am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude... u r a dude who don't know what dude he is!!
-Or are u a dude who has no idea what dude he is and claims to know what dude he is by playing other dudes?
-I know what dude i am!!!!

+Quote Post

Ookie Panda
post Nov 22 2011, 02:36 AM
Post #14

Infecting RMVX.net with "OwO" since 2009
Group Icon

Alignment: Unaligned

Yay!
I see my creation (Medea) is useful to you~
Can't wait to see this game's progress.
Keep up the good work!

--------------------

This is where Ookie's at. Let's build another community together!

+Quote Post

WannD
post Nov 24 2011, 12:54 AM
Post #15

Group Icon

QUOTE (Ookie Panda @ Nov 22 2011, 02:36 AM) *
Yay!
I see my creation (Medea) is useful to you~
Can't wait to see this game's progress.
Keep up the good work!

Owo! Its an honor have your comment at my project's topic, thank you!! Medea is a lovely character, one of my favorite characters!! Thank you very much!

@Dark Violin

Hmm have you tried Google Crome?? Im using this..Thank you for you comment too, I hope you can see it! The boob goat is Baphomet, from a legend..have you heard about it before? ^^

Im a bit busy theses days because of high college, but Im still working!! Please follow me ^^

Hugs and a great weekend!

+Quote Post

Bruno_Mend
post Nov 25 2011, 05:00 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

Oh, The maps are cute :3
I will do my best for this musics, this game is the best!

+Quote Post

DefiledCore
post Nov 25 2011, 06:08 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

To be honest, I don't dig the track posted here. It's a very beautiful track on its own, but listening to it makes me remember FF and similar generic Asian pop games (not saying they are bad, don't hang me sad.gif ), and I had a feeling this game is leaning towards more western themes.

--------------------

+Quote Post

WannD
post Nov 27 2011, 09:22 PM
Post #18

Group Icon

QUOTE (DefiledCore @ Nov 25 2011, 07:08 PM) *
To be honest, I don't dig the track posted here. It's a very beautiful track on its own, but listening to it makes me remember FF and similar generic Asian pop games (not saying they are bad, don't hang me sad.gif ), and I had a feeling this game is leaning towards more western themes.

Ow man, thanks for you comment!! I love FF games, so, Im not angry ^^! Thanks for everything!

@Bruno_Mend

There you are! Thank you man, for all musics that you have created specially to this game! You are very talentous! Thank you very much!

+Quote Post

Bruno_Mend
post Nov 30 2011, 04:20 PM
Post #19

Group Icon

To be honest, I don't dig the track posted here. It's a very beautiful track on its own, but listening to it makes me remember FF and similar generic Asian pop games (not saying they are bad, don't hang me ), and I had a feeling this game is leaning towards more western themes.

Yup you are right, but in parts...Well, I mean, you remembered FF and similar generic asian "pop" games...This kind of game pass a feeling inside the music, and very well, my musics pass a feeling too...all the songs were made from 0 looking for me not based on any other not to pass a bad impression, but if you remember any music, is not the Music but the feel...I tried to make all the musics with orchestral instruments, that other point, the instruments than i used, all they have been used into "Generic Asian Pop Games" and all the classical music...so, you is not remembering FF music/others and yes the style used...Anyway, i only have two eighths so, this is another point that favors the association.
Anyway, the style is it and i will not change smile.gif
And its not "Generic Asian Pop Games", that is not right.
And then, the musics of this games are great, whats the problem?

+Quote Post

DefiledCore
post Nov 30 2011, 07:26 PM
Post #20

Group Icon

QUOTE (Bruno_Mend @ Nov 30 2011, 06:20 PM) *
And then, the musics of this games are great, whats the problem?

I didn't say there was a problem. I just passed my opinion on the track, that's all. I didn't mean to be rude or anything with my feedback, sorry if I was (English isn't my first language, might be hard to express what I actually want to say). One way or another, I like the other tracks. It's like they pack both sadness and joy at the same time, so it might appeal to two different kinds of audience, which is definitely a good sign. smile.gif

And as promised, this was the original costume idea for the gothic girl when I accepted your request, WannD. XD
(disturbing sketch inside)
Spoiler:

This post has been edited by DefiledCore: Nov 30 2011, 10:30 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th September 2014 - 01:32 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.