iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Add item from inside game(solved), Push an item in the the database from in the game not the maker
jesse120
post Nov 12 2011, 07:42 PM
Post #1

Master Eventer, Novice scripter, pathetic spriter
Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Chaotic Good

search number 10519195120
There are three things I wish this script to do. One of them is an Alchemy, one is skill making, and the last is enchanting. For your convenenace I have placed these catagories in spoilers so as to simplify reading.

Enchanting
Spoiler:

To do this I would like to have every enchantable item in a selection screen. An enchantable item is one that lacks the tags <enchanted>, <quest>, and <soul_gem> I want Items, Weapons, and Armors in this selection. I wish to after you have selected an item to enchant you must select a power supply to power the enchantment. These are specified by the lable <soul_gem> to be placed in there note box. Once you have selected these you then select effects for this enchanted item. These efects are drawn from the skills the player knows and any state affecting the player. The effects are the elements, options, and states to induce aswell as hit ratio, evade, and (for items) scope. The options always avalable are the base damage, atk, etc. To acuire a new option or scope the player must have posesed an item that contained the effect. Anything marked with a <no_enchant> lable will be excluded from any part of it being added to the known effects list. As the complexity and power increace so does the power used. Power avalible shall be determined by the <power X> lable in the notes of an item with <soul_gem> lable (X being the power). A limate for the power will be in the same item the lable <power_max X>. A special skill should be made so fill a gem with power given from an enemy that died with the state effecting it the power given from an enemy is marked by the <power X> lable. The gems of difernt power will be a differnt item so just make it so it replaces item with the wright other item. Each type of gem should be conected in a string by the notes like this <gem_set A> <level B> A being the type of gem it is and B being the number in the sequence starting at 0 (unbcharged) and going as farr as nesicary. The enchanting process is then proceded to the auto mated not viewed prossess of determining whether the item is an armor to have a constant efect on player when worn, a weapon to depart its enchantment on hit or an item. If it is an item the game checks for the <break> lable. If it exists on the item enchanted the item is only good for 1 use other wise it is indistructable. The price of an item will go up with power used. Then the hard of this is the game will than ask the player to name the item. Once the player names it the game will then create the item in its database by copping the existing item with all its stats, notes, etcand adding the new ones an the lable <enchanted>. However there is an enchanting level for the player the higher it is the higher the chance of making the item. The more complex the item the lower the chance. If the item is failed to be made the <soul_gem> breakes unless it has the lable <no_break> in which case the charge drops to 0 or the 0 teir of advancement and the mesage is shown "You have failed to enchant an item." if this should hapen the game would not make the new item. This way is free and is called by using a <soul_gem> with a charge from your invintory. The other way is a shop that never fails but as you make the enchantment more complex the price rises with the MP so to get an item you end up paying the diference betwene the original items price and the new ones aswell as some extra. The item enchanted is removed from your invintory. The item added to the game is removed after it is no longer in the players invintory, in a shop, stored an an invintory item, or in a chest. So in short when it no longer exists outside the database. This Item is only avalable to one save file. The enchanted item is then added to your invintory. The Icon is the same as it use to be.

Skill making
Spoiler:
To do you will start with efffects you can choose on a list on one side of the screen. These efects are drawn from the skills the player knows and any state affecting the player. The effects are the elements, options, and states to induce as well as hit ratio, speed, and scope. The options always avalable are the base damage, atk, etc. To acuire a new option or scope the player must have posesed an item that contained the effect. Anything marked with a <no_skill> lable will be excluded from any part of it being added to the known effects list. The player can also choose a an animaiton from any of these skills unless it is marked with the <no_skill> lable. You can ajust things like Akt_F Spi_F etc. You can select any many of the effects but as you do the MP required (shown at bottom of screen). You have a skill making level the lower it is the greater the power required to use the skill. The more complex skill the greater MP dis balance. This is activated by in the menu I dont care how and in a shop. The shop not only cost gold that rises as MP but it also makes it so the extra MP for making a skill on your own. So shoping for shills makes them easly to use. After selecting all effects you proceed to the nameing screen were you name the skill and the game makes a new skill with all the paramiters you specified and adds it to the data base and teaches it to your character. The character can also make states the same way then bind them to a skill. Icon is fixed.

Alchemy
Spoiler:
To do this you will have to select any alchmy apparatus marked with one of four lables <morter>, <retort>, <calcinator>, and <alembic> the player can only have item with each lable selected and must thave a <morter>. Then a colum on one side of the screen listing all items marked with <ingrediant> in notes. Once one of these is selected all the <ingrediant>s that share a comon effect marked by <effectX> (X being a referance number) to see the name of the effect of an effect you will have an named item that is premade and has <effectX> X being referance number in discription. You can have 2 or more of these items fused to make your new item. 2 items of the same effect are required to add a new effect item refferance. In the notes of the referance item it will have a level tag <levelX>. This is caused by your alchemy level + the combined level off your apparatus. The apparatus level is marked with <up_levelX>. The Potion is then named and created. This is activated by the <morter>. There is no shop for this. The Icon is a fixed premade Icon.

The hardest part of this is being able to push an item in the the database with no editor and I would be happy with just the pushing script. I can do the rest if you want but I would appreciate if you did all. I dont care if this is all one script or many.

This post has been edited by jesse120: May 19 2012, 06:12 PM

--------------------
I might not post anything for a while, but I am still here, watching. You may not see me, but I see you.
Still taking event requests. Still watching topics. I will see comments to my posts and respond.
I will probably not update any of my scripts for a while.

I have not gone!!!

Spoiler:

Master eventer
Need an unusual event call me and i might be able to make it
ex vehicle, pet
search number
I do take event requests
Please don't put this number on any of your own posts or topics
note: the search number will be on any post I make to aid in searching by author. If I forget to put it on a topic please notify me.

I will try to check any posts/PMs around 7:30 AM, 3:00 PM, and after 6 PM most days (time in Pacific Time)

The ultimate video game

Legend of, Elder, Fear, of Fabled, Fallout, Call, of Modern, Gears, of Halo, Metal, Ghost, Assassin, Mass, Homicide, Fantasy, 5
That stands for
Legend of Zelda, Elder Scrolls, ?????, Fable, Fallout, Call of Duty, Modern Warfare, Gears of War, Halo, Metal Gears, Ghost Recon, Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, Auto Homicide, Final Fantasy, 5
Let me know if you want a game added to the list

If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, believe he is the only way to heaven, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Mr. Bubble
post Nov 12 2011, 07:58 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed
Alignment: Unaligned

If you want to request to a script that better suits your desires, then you need to be detailed about what you actually want. Telling people to play a specific game is not acceptable for a request here. You need to describe what you want in coherent English.

Read the request guidelines and update your request within 24 hours. Otherwise, this topic gets closed.

--------------------
I no longer support Tankentai.

+Quote Post

jesse120
post Feb 25 2012, 07:01 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

bump

--------------------
I might not post anything for a while, but I am still here, watching. You may not see me, but I see you.
Still taking event requests. Still watching topics. I will see comments to my posts and respond.

I have not gone!!!

Spoiler:

Master eventer
ex vehicle, pet
search number
I do take event requests
note: the search number will be on any post I make to aid in searching by author. If I forget to put it on a topic please notify me.

I will try to check any posts/PMs around 7:30 AM, 3:00 PM, and after 6 PM most days (time in Pacific Time)

The ultimate video game

Legend of, Elder, Fear, of Fabled, Fallout, Call, of Modern, Gears, of Halo, Metal, Ghost, Assassin, Mass, Homicide, Fantasy, 5
That stands for
Legend of Zelda, Elder Scrolls, ?????, Fable, Fallout, Call of Duty, Modern Warfare, Gears of War, Halo, Metal Gears, Ghost Recon, Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, Auto Homicide, Final Fantasy, 5

If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, believe he is the only way to heaven, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.

+Quote Post

jesse120
post Mar 3 2012, 10:57 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

QUOTE (jesse120 @ Feb 25 2012, 01:01 PM) *
bump

--------------------

I have not gone!!!

Spoiler:

Master eventer
ex vehicle, pet
search number
I do take event requests

The ultimate video game

That stands for

+Quote Post

jesse120
post Mar 13 2012, 11:29 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

bump

--------------------

I have not gone!!!

Spoiler:

Master eventer
ex vehicle, pet
search number
I do take event requests

The ultimate video game

That stands for

+Quote Post

jesse120
post Apr 1 2012, 04:44 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

bump

--------------------

I have not gone!!!

Spoiler:

Master eventer
ex vehicle, pet
search number
I do take event requests

The ultimate video game

That stands for

+Quote Post

Zarby
post Apr 4 2012, 01:44 AM
Post #7

Group Icon

Type: Coder
Alignment: Neutral Good

Depending of what you want to add
RPG::Item,RPG::Armor,RPG::Weapon
$data_items,$data_armors,$data_weapons
CODE
newitem = RPG::Item.new
newitem.name = 'new added item'
newitem.icon_index = 10
newitem.description = 'This is a new item added by script'
newitem.id = $data_items.nitems+1
$data_items.push(newitem)
#Get the last item in the data_items
$game_party.gain_item( $data_items[$data_items.nitems],1)

to add a new item to the Database, after you created all the items you wanted like a upgraded weapons save your new database, if you dont all save done with a upgraded weapon added gonna make the save bug with a error, for saving just do a dump like :

Depending on the file you have modified too Items.rvdata for items, Weapons.rvdata for weapons ect...
CODE
file = File.open("Items.rvdata", "wb")
Marshal.dump($data_items, file)

The only prob with this is when you will test your game and add a new items after you saved it with the Marshal.dump
the item will be added in the "Database" of your rpg maker project too, all items added and saved in game will appears in the editor too

--------------------

I am french then sorry if you dont understand correctly what i write :P

+Quote Post

jesse120
post Apr 4 2012, 03:34 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

I thank you for telling me this. However I am not sure how to get this to work. If you would make a sample script to make a new item called "Test" with a description "test item"
having it add state "test" and restore 10% health when used so I can see how it works thanks.

--------------------

I have not gone!!!

Spoiler:

Master eventer
ex vehicle, pet
search number
I do take event requests

The ultimate video game

That stands for

+Quote Post

Zarby
post Apr 4 2012, 04:59 AM
Post #9

Group Icon

First you have to Add a new state : test
you can add this code in any event in Call Script
CODE
newstate = RPG::State.new
newstate.name = 'test'
newstate.id = $data_states.nitems+1
newstate.icon_index = 240
newstate.nonresistance = true
$data_states.push(newstate)

And Second you create your item with the new state test and add it to your inventory to test
CODE
newitem = RPG::Item.new
newitem.name = 'Test'
newitem.icon_index = 64
newitem.description = 'test item'
newitem.id = $data_items.nitems+1
newitem.hp_recovery_rate = 10
newitem.plus_state_set = [$data_states.nitems]
$data_items.push(newitem)
#add item
$game_party.gain_item( $data_items[$data_items.nitems],1)

this code is very simple,
newitem = RPG::Item.new --> newitem become a Item
newitem.name = 'Test' --> set the name of our newitem
newitem.icon_index = 64 --> set the icon of our newitem
newitem.description = 'test item' --> set the description of our newitem
newitem.id = $data_items.nitems+1 --> set the id of our newitem ->Important if it not set it not gonna work
newitem.hp_recovery_rate = 10 --> set 10% of hp recovery
newitem.plus_state_set.push($data_states.nitems) --> add the last state created on the newitem
$data_items.push(newitem) --> Add the newitem in the Database
and for test to see if it working
$game_party.gain_item( $data_items[$data_items.nitems],1) --> add the item in the player inventory

--------------------

+Quote Post

jesse120
post Apr 4 2012, 04:17 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

I couldn't get it to work in events. Is there a possibility that the French Scripting is different than English Scripting?

--------------------

I have not gone!!!

Spoiler:

Master eventer
ex vehicle, pet
search number
I do take event requests

The ultimate video game

That stands for

+Quote Post

Zarby
post Apr 4 2012, 05:46 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

Nop there no difference between French and English script ^^,

here a demo
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?66cv3yzpsgggvz4

--------------------

+Quote Post

jesse120
post Apr 5 2012, 01:19 AM
Post #12

Group Icon

Thank you for the demo. It worked well. I am not sure what I did wrong when I tried.
Can this also work in a full non evened script? Using user defined variables?

--------------------

I have not gone!!!

Spoiler:

Master eventer
ex vehicle, pet
search number
I do take event requests

The ultimate video game

That stands for

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 08:34 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.