iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What do you think about the wii U, Title says it X3
Rainbow_dash
post Nov 17 2011, 04:19 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed
Alignment: True Neutral

I just want to hear what people thing about the new upcoming wii U shown at E3. I think the best feature of it would half to be the controller with the screen in it so in case people want to watch tv you can still play your games with out turning off the system. But i do find that controller's are going to be Pricey only for the fact that the screen is lcd/touch screen. so i dont think there going to be like the wii controlers And thats another thing you cant go around tossing the controller for that Part there the screen in side but over all it looks good to play from what i have seen so far.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Kaptain J
post Nov 17 2011, 05:51 PM
Post #2

Death says "Hi"
Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Lawful Evil

I have high hopes for it. It looks nice, and people who have actually demo'd it have said really good things. And the thing about the controller is that there is planned to be only one per console, which will keep people from needing to go out and buy others. The main point of the console is to be a more personal experience (hence the "U" part). Therefore, single player gaming will be pretty awesome (hopefully). Plus, with the promised online thing they're planning, online gaming should be fine with the one controller. Local multiplayer is the only thing that the controller doesn't really support as much. However, they promise that local multiplayer will still be unique and fun, since the Wii U will also support Wiimotes and 3DS's.

--------------------

Come join Team Smash today!

Other stuffz:
Spoiler:

RPGMakerVX.net Awards:
Spoiler:

Check out my tutorial and articles:
How to Write a Story
The Kaptain's Article Dump

+Quote Post

BigEd781
post Nov 17 2011, 06:21 PM
Post #3

No method: 'stupid_title' found for 'nil:NilClass`
Group Icon

Type: Coder
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Looks like another gimmicky POS like the Wii. I bought a Wii, bought one game, stopped playing it. It has a weak library and now a Zelda has been released that I will not buy. This is a big deal for me; I love Zelda and have bought every single release to date, but no longer. I hate the wand for most games and I think the new touch pad concept is a load of bull. I have a feeling that Nintendo has ridden its popularity wave as long as it can (sales numbers have dropped drastically over the past year or more). Also, the Wii worked because it was affordable for non-hardcore gamers. The U is expensive and I don't think it will do well.

--------------------
My blog - It's awesome, I assure you
While sloppy writing does not invariably mean sloppy thinking, we've generally found the correlation to be strong -- and we have no use for sloppy thinkers. If you can't yet write competently, learn to. - Eric Raymond

---
My awards for being so awesome
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Radscythe
post Nov 17 2011, 10:26 PM
Post #4

Waiting for life to pass him by.
Group Icon

Alignment: Neutral Good

I love the U part; maybe this means loads of good RPGs that last longer than a few hours to play around with the wiimote gimmick.

Although I am in agreement with BigED on how the console will do in the market, which I hope happens. Sure they're trying to be different, but until I can move on my own to make my character move, I don't need dodgy sensors and a remote-like controller that's not exactly comfortable to hold for extended periods of time. Not to mention the batteries...oh how I hate having to use batteries.

What I mean to say it...I love controllers, and the only reason they should change them is if it becomes VR.

--------------------
The words that sprout of lies to our souls; if they bear fruit the lies disappear.

Games:
Spoiler:
My Stuff:

Award:
Spoiler:

I support:
Spoiler:

<<< Stare at this in awe.

+Quote Post

Kaptain J
post Nov 18 2011, 12:57 AM
Post #5

Death says "Hi"
Group Icon

You say it has a weak library, and yet I have over twenty games for it, most of which have received amazing reviews (Xenoblade, anyone?). I think you're just looking at the loads of shit companies throw at it to make it look bad.

And what's your deal with Zelda, Ed? Skyward Sword received, what, nothing but 10s already? Not to mention it's been called the best Zelda game thus far, which is no easy feat.

Also, the Wii U hasn't even been priced yet...

As for Nintendo's "popularity wave," apparently Skyward Sword has become the #1 pre-ordered game of Best Buy, as well as making the top 3 or so in pre-orders elsewhere. If that tells you anything...

Lastly, the thing about the touchscreen...look at the DS. It sold more than every current gen console combined. So there's a reason they think the concept might do well.

Sorry if I'm ranting, and you may label me as a "fanboy" for speaking my mind, but I just felt that some of the argument was invalid and should be rebutted. But I'm all ears if I'm wrong about something...

--------------------

Come join Team Smash today!

Other stuffz:
Spoiler:

RPGMakerVX.net Awards:
Spoiler:

Check out my tutorial and articles:
How to Write a Story
The Kaptain's Article Dump

+Quote Post

Weird Al
post Nov 18 2011, 01:39 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

I'm kinda' split on it at the moment. I thought the Wii was a good concept, but the games they released weren't really up to expectations. The motion controls were a joke (Before Motion+, which wasn't so great, either), usually requiring one or two movements throughout the entire game, which could be done with one or two button presses anyway.

The Wii U controllers look uncomfortable, I dislike touch screens, and I think implementing them into a controller the way they have is a bad idea. I did enjoy some things about the Wii, and I'll definitely buy it when it comes out, but it'll probably suck, like most new things.

Pretty much: It'll most likely be bad, but I'm hoping it's good.

I hope Skyward Sword doesn't mess up the way Twilight Princess did, too. I thought Twilight Princess was a good game, but that's only if I'm taking out the whole "Wolf Link" thing. Bad Idea, poor execution, terrible controls, boring as Hell, I could go on, but nobody wants that, so I'll stop now.

I will say that, out of the games for the wii that I consider good... there are very few that actually use the motion controls.

BUT, RE4 Wii is the best version of the game, straight up. It was probably the best use of the wii controls period.

(Dragon Quest Swords was also fun and goofy)

Definitely. RE4 was best on the Wii, and it was awesome on Gamecube and PS2 as well DQ Swords was also pretty fun, and it actually somewhat made use of it's controls. Never actually played Chocobo's Dungeon, so I can't say anything on that one though.

This post has been edited by Weird Al: Nov 18 2011, 11:42 PM

+Quote Post

Avvy
post Nov 18 2011, 02:55 PM
Post #7

Procrastinat-
Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Neutral Good

@Ed: Seconded everything J said. Seems like you're just paying attention
to all the shovelware than the actual good games. There's ton out there, man.
The only thing I hated about the Wii was the fact I had to use batteries with it.
But then again, you have to batteries with the Xbox 360 controller too, so...yeah.
Other than that, I love the Wii.

As for the Wii U, I'm not all too interested at the moment. It doesn't look very appealing,
but neither did the 3DS when I saw it at last years' E3. Now it's my most wanted system.

So yeah, only time will tell how the system pans out.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Getdizzy
post Nov 18 2011, 03:55 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

Alignment: Unaligned

I will say that, out of the games for the wii that I consider good... there are very few that actually use the motion controls.

Take for instance FFF: Chocobo's Dungeon. Good game, no motion controls.

BUT, RE4 Wii is the best version of the game, straight up. It was probably the best use of the wii controls period.

(Dragon Quest Swords was also fun and goofy)

+Quote Post

BlackMuffin
post Nov 18 2011, 05:55 PM
Post #9

私は、日本語は話せません。
Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Good

I don't really care much for the console itself, I just like going "WEEOO" over and over again just to make friendly fun of it. I think the general idea is awesome, but the name is kind of bad. If I can make any kind of ridiculous noise out of a name because of my tourettes, the name's dumb. Period.

I like that you can wirelessly play your Wii games on it, though. Not sure who came up with that, but it's ingenious so that makes it awesome.

--------------------
"People with Autism and other brain disorders are the most unfairly treated people in the world."- Dorian's World

Projects

+Quote Post

Chaco
post Nov 27 2011, 03:12 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

I don't understand why people say the title says it all, the title is bad, ect. Who cares about the name! mad.gif

And anyway, according to what I saw on E3 it's innovative and seems to have some really interesting concepts, like the controllers with screens.
I am planning to buy it at this point, as there are some games I know I'm going to want for it.
That said, it could also end up failing, only time can tell us, but I think the Wii U at least deserves a chance.

As well, the Wii did really well. Lot's of good titles, recently Skyward sword which has already received a lot of praise. So I'm willing to accept Nintendo "still has it" as a Video Game company. laugh.gif

+Quote Post

KingNice
post Feb 26 2012, 09:36 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

Type: Artist

It looks good.

+Quote Post

Brenda Bub
post Sep 17 2012, 09:11 AM
Post #12

Group Icon

I have also heard about that but not seen in reality to till date.

+Quote Post

syapa
post Oct 26 2012, 06:07 AM
Post #13

Group Icon

Type: Musician

I have high hopes for it. It looks nice, and people who have actually demo'd it have said really good things.

+Quote Post

MISTER BIG T
post Oct 29 2012, 03:25 PM
Post #14

King of Sadism
Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

QUOTE (Kaptain J @ Nov 18 2011, 02:57 AM) *
And what's your deal with Zelda, Ed? Skyward Sword received, what, nothing but 10s already? Not to mention it's been called the best Zelda game thus far, which is no easy feat.

Sure it is, any major release is always "best ever" and it's "best incarnation" or "best actor to portray this character" or such. Media always over hypes something as the best thing ever, even if it clearly isn't. Not saying Skyward Sword isn't good (kinda medicore and dissapointing though, to be honest) but the best? Honestly, I'd say it's like 5th or so?

Twilight Princess is far superior in every single regard. (And half the price) I got so angry at Skyward Sword that I stopped playing it. That rolling the bombs to the caves of the little cretin, I never was able to get through it and I've not played it ever since after dying due to the overcomplicated controls. I really wanted to play this game without 1:1 every single moment I played it because of how unresponsive it was and how much harder it made the game. I really regret buying it and getting the limited Gold edition too. If something tells about it, I played to that cave part and got so angry I've not played it ever since and I got it as gold limited edition when it came out. I think I gave it like, C or D rank, I forget.

Now, WiiU, that's something I'm really hyped about. The touch screen and the controller is probably the most iniuative thing I've seen, I really loved all the game trailers like Rayman Legends and Zombi U. ZombiU and WiiU bundle is already sold out around here (from what I hear, Sweden and England too), which tells about how popular it is.

This post has been edited by MISTER BIG T: Oct 29 2012, 03:37 PM

--------------------

Clenched emotions
'Round my ween
Feel my heart beat
Off and your head in

I feel strongly about violence

Love is a fist

Guy: Who's the big girl?
Me: That's not girl! That's me!

Avatar edited by Master of None, colored by me

+Quote Post

Neosky
post Oct 30 2012, 04:58 AM
Post #15

Master of the DarkSyde of Cheese!
Group Icon

What I think is.

I WANT ONE NOWES!!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

I think if AAA companies get a hold of it, there could be no stopping them!!!

Just the amount of awesomeness it can do with the controller and such is great. Inventory on fly, and so much more, it hasn't even been scratched, the surface that is.

--------------------

Remember, Remember the 5th of November...
Spoiler:

If you are new, please go through this spoiler for VERY useful links.
Spoiler:

Tarris Thread || User Forum || Tarris Hold Website || Twitch.tv

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd September 2014 - 08:14 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.