iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

> Note for Early Project Feedback Threads

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cambridge Series, [Veront Ashk] Chapter 1 (1/3) Demo Out! (5/18)
m4uesviecr
post Mar 15 2012, 07:38 PM
Post #21

Group Icon

Type: Musician
Alignment: Neutral Good

Downdate.

*tear*

As much as it pains me to say this, I am definitely in no position to release my game on the due date I proposed.
With college courses, and preparing for my final year of college, I don't have nearly as much time to devote towards my project.

I'll keep posting updates, and I'll save a demo announcement for when I am, without a doubt, sure it is on the horizon.

Or maybe even next door!

This post has been edited by m4uesviecr: Mar 15 2012, 07:41 PM

--------------------
Need music? Check out my Free to Use music thread. For commercial/non-commercial projects.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Radscythe
post Mar 15 2012, 09:40 PM
Post #22

Waiting for life to pass him by.
Group Icon

Type: Writer

This is totally fine!

What matters is that you release the game someday; no need to be in a rush.

As long as you don't give up what you're making then you can only go up not down. wink.gif

--------------------
The words that sprout of lies to our souls; if they bear fruit the lies disappear.

Games:
Spoiler:
My Stuff:

Award:
Spoiler:

I support:
Spoiler:

<<< Stare at this in awe.

+Quote Post

m4uesviecr
post Mar 23 2012, 01:06 PM
Post #23

Group Icon

Thanks a lot Rad! I don't plan on coping out on this game. I'm having too much fun making it, and I really want for others to play it and hopefully enjoy this game as well!

UPDATE!

Added two new tracks for you to listen to!

(You can find them by clicking on the link provided in the Features spoiler in the main topic)

This post has been edited by m4uesviecr: Mar 23 2012, 01:07 PM

--------------------
Need music? Check out my Free to Use music thread. For commercial/non-commercial projects.

+Quote Post

m4uesviecr
post Apr 2 2012, 12:04 PM
Post #24

Group Icon

This project has not been abandoned, merely hindered due to college work. Expect a huge update (including screenshots) the following week!

--------------------

+Quote Post

m4uesviecr
post Apr 10 2012, 02:42 AM
Post #25

Group Icon

UPDATE!

I made fairly decent progress over Easter Weekend!

I have basically finished all of the quests needed to progress the game (debating whether to implement the optional ones before or after the demo).

All I need now are a few touch ups, and I'll be able to work on the last part of the game! (Not to spoil the fun, but it includes holes, ropes, and older women... OMG, SUSPENSE.)

Anyway, I have a couple of screenshots from two places you will venture when taking on bounties in the game.

They are in spoilers, for those of you who wish not to look (which is none of you).

Once school ends, I'm hoping to have the demo out in at LEAST two months. Definitely before summer vacation ends though. That I can guarantee.

Spoiler:
Underground Cave! ... Of Sorts

Tilemachine Minigame (That I evented on my own, that I am SO giddy about).

Yes, this is a huge update. Size is subjective. smile.gif

This post has been edited by m4uesviecr: Apr 10 2012, 02:51 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

m4uesviecr
post Apr 27 2012, 01:50 PM
Post #26

Group Icon

Unfortudate.

This is, again, at a pause. Due to unfortunate circumstances, and a little bit of domestic violence, my computer is out of commission and I am in the need of another one.

I didn't lose the data (thank the heavens) but I will definitely have to buy a new computer. (Which is happening today!)

Since summer is rolling around, I will have much more time to devote to this game (and I'm getting closer and closer to a release date for a demo).

Keep your eyes peeled!

This post has been edited by m4uesviecr: Apr 27 2012, 02:01 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

m4uesviecr
post May 11 2012, 01:32 PM
Post #27

Group Icon

Unfortudate - 2 ... With A Ray Of Hope!

So it seems that I HAVE lost my data. I didn't lose all of it, but I lost nearly 2/3 of progress... (painful to admit, let alone say).

That being said, my end of the summer release date, for the first half of the game, with school, and a month long visit with the beau, is possible, but with such a huge loss in my project, my morale has dropped significantly.

What I am posing, so that people can play the game, is that I will distribute the first half in a set of 3 installments:

Chapter 1:

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

And then, once all three parts have been released, I will work on the final half of the chapter, and release it once the entire game has been finished.

I really want people to play this game, and give feedback and insight on the story and the mechanics within.

I am at the point where I can easily distribute Part 1. (Before the loss, I could have distributed both Part 1 and 2... *sigh*)

I'll do a run-through of the story-line, battles, etc., and have it up for you all to play (a.k.a that one guy who has actually been paying attention to the development of this game.) by, I'm shooting for, the end of this week, or the middle of next week!

This post has been edited by m4uesviecr: May 11 2012, 01:40 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

m4uesviecr
post May 16 2012, 09:20 PM
Post #28

Group Icon

UPDATE!

I am in the final edits of the demo!

Once I finish the Battle Theme/Boss Battle Theme, and a quick cut-scene piece, Cambridge: VA - Chapter 1 (1/3) will be ready for release tomorrow!

This post has been edited by m4uesviecr: May 16 2012, 09:20 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

m4uesviecr
post May 18 2012, 03:17 AM
Post #29

Group Icon

Alright. So I literally spent the entire day playing and re-playing through my game.

My perfectionist instincts took over, and now I'm a day behind.

Anyway, I will have it uploaded early today to make up for my insolence.

Sorry for the delay folks.

edit:
The first part of chapter 1 is out!

This post has been edited by m4uesviecr: May 18 2012, 04:57 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

m4uesviecr
post Jun 8 2012, 03:52 PM
Post #30

Group Icon

I'm still eagerly waiting for possibly feedback on the first installment of the game!

Any commentary is helpful!

--------------------

+Quote Post

m4uesviecr
post Jun 15 2012, 05:50 PM
Post #31

Group Icon

For those playing, the final boss battle is bugged. I will be sending an update ASAP, since I have also found a script that aids in editing fixed equipment in game!
The demo ends right after the boss is defeated, so you are not missing out on much from the delay.

--------------------

+Quote Post

m4uesviecr
post Aug 25 2012, 01:53 PM
Post #32

Group Icon

Well! It has been QUITE a while since I updated my game thread. I think it is about time that I re-emerge from the ashes.

The Cambridge Series is STILL AGO! Due to a recent computer mishap, I lost nearly 70% of all my game data. A huge shot to the chest, I know.
As much as it pained me to have to practically start all over, I did just that, because I have extremely high hopes for this game.

As of now, I am back to where I began before the data was lost, but with an even further fleshed out story, with even more developed characters, a quasi-thourough leveling/battle system going on (quasi due to the limitations of RPG Maker VX and my scripting skills), and an expansion of Cambridge Lore.

Am I excited? Heck YEAH, I'm excited!

I am still debating whether I should have one more demo releases (v2), but that will put the demo time length at nearly 2 hours and 30 minutes. I feel that is kind of long for a demo. (To be honest, I think I am just overexcited about releasing the game).

It may end up being that I continue with updates, screenshots, and soundtrack releases, until the finished product.

These episodes are evidently meant to be short, compared to the final game, but I honestly believe that each game, give or take, may equate to about 3 to 4 hours of gameplay. I'm nearly at the half-way mark of Cambridge Series: Veront Ashk, as far as the storyline, and the gameplay borders at 2 hours.

Needless to say, I am still working hard on this game, and I plan on finishing it, and the others!

So those interested, stay tune! I'll update you all with a few screenies fairly soon!

--------------------

+Quote Post

johnmorkel
post Aug 30 2012, 07:06 AM
Post #33

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed

I didn't reduce the information (thank the heavens) but I will definitely have to buy a new pc. (Which is occurring today!)

Since summer time is moving around, I will have much more time to spend to the experience (and I'm getting nearer and nearer to a launch time frame for a demo).

blink.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd August 2014 - 01:48 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.