iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Animated Battler Graphic Script (+demo), Animated monster option for the default battle system.
Neon Black
post Nov 27 2011, 09:03 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Animated Battler Graphic Script V1.0
Created by Neon Black

What is it?
This script will allow you to use animated battle sprites with the default battle system. There's really not much more to it than that. The script is entirely plug and play and just requires graphics to work (sold seperately).

How can I use it?
Place this script anywhere in the materials section above main. If you notice incompatibility with another script, place this script above that script. If you still experience incompatibility issues, please post what scripts you are using as well as what kind of error you are getting.

Codes:
Spoiler:
  • sprite[x:y] - Changes the monster's graphic to file name "x" and will have "y" frames of animation.
  • zoom[x] - Zooms an animated sprite to the value "x" where "x" denotes pixel size (1 is normal size, 2 is 200%, etc.). It is important to note that only whole numbers will work and this will only work on animated sprites.

What does it look like?
Can't really show you without making a video or a .gif. Just try out the demo.

What does it work with?
This script only has one overwrite. I can't say for sure what battle systems this works with, but if the battle system alters the battlers in some way, it's probably incompatible. Below are the changes this script makes.

Aliases
Spoiler:

Game_Enemy:
  • initialize

Scene_Title:
  • load_bt_database
  • load_database

Overwrites
Spoiler:

Sprite_Battler:
  • update_battler_bitmap

New Objects
Spoiler:

Game_Enemy:
  • ani_frames
  • z_size

Sprite_Battler:
  • animated_sprite_bitmap

Scene_Title:
  • load_cp_ani_cache

How can I get the code?
Version 1.0 (base script, 11.27.2011) is available at the time only by clicking this link here.

I would like to use this code.
You are free to use, modify, copy and distribute this code at your own leisure and you do not need to credit me directly, however if you use this code or modify it in any way, please leave the names in the credits box at the top of the code and do not remove that section.

Author's Disclaimer:
I made this script as a request of someone in... well, the requests forum. I wanted to complete it so I could better understand some of RGSS2 and quite honestly, I'm still not quite sure what I'm doing.... Still, while the script might have some redundancy, it works well and looks great once stuff starts moving. I'm sure there are still some rogue bugs in there, but I'll fix any that people find. I did as much debugging as I could before I popped it up here (that second person that I don't have always helps). Any questions or suggestions feel free to contact me.

This post has been edited by Neon Black: Mar 21 2012, 12:34 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

lightspeed15
post Nov 30 2011, 02:55 AM
Post #2

Dope
Group Icon

Type: Artist
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Checked it out and it works, great job! Can we have a template for sprites however?

--------------------

+Quote Post

Neon Black
post Nov 30 2011, 03:20 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

QUOTE (lightspeed15 @ Nov 29 2011, 09:55 PM) *
Checked it out and it works, great job! Can we have a template for sprites however?

You can animate anything as long as all frames are in a line from left to right. There is technically no restriction on file size, battler size, or number of frames as long as you define the number of frames in the battler's description. For this reason I can't really provide a template. The next best thing is the Gallade image in the demo.

Also, this script is only an idle animation (in case you were looking for one that supported actions, this script will not do that). I may upgrade it to do more later, but I'm away and cannot at the moment. Also not quite sure if anyone would use such extra functions.

--------------------

+Quote Post

MrMasterMrDoom
post Dec 1 2011, 07:27 PM
Post #4

Band Geek, and proud of it!
Group Icon

Alignment: Unaligned

Thank you very much! biggrin.gif
It works great!

+Quote Post

Filius Rex
post Dec 21 2011, 03:06 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

Type: Writer

Is there any way to decrease the frame rate? It works fine, but my animations don't look very good because it is moving so fast.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Nightmar
post Dec 22 2011, 07:23 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed

Wheres the battler's description at D:

--------------------

+Quote Post

Neon Black
post Dec 24 2011, 05:22 AM
Post #7

Group Icon

QUOTE (Filius Rex @ Dec 20 2011, 10:06 PM) *
Is there any way to decrease the frame rate? It works fine, but my animations don't look very good because it is moving so fast.

Line 83 where it says "@frame_count >= 4". Change the 4 to the number of frames you want before updating +1. By default, it updates the image every 3 frames (20 animation frames per second), so I have it set to 4. To, say, half the update speed, set it to 7. This will make it update only every 6 frames (10 animation frames per second).

QUOTE (Nightmar @ Dec 22 2011, 02:23 PM) *
Wheres the battler's description at D:

The "Notes" box in database in the monster tab on the bottom right. This script does not support actor graphics since it is just a lite script for the default battle system. If you mean something different entirely, elaborate and I'll see if I can help.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Nightmar
post Dec 24 2011, 03:57 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

QUOTE (Neon Black @ Dec 24 2011, 06:22 AM) *
Line 83 where it says "@frame_count >= 4". Change the 4 to the number of frames you want before updating +1. By default, it updates the image every 3 frames (20 animation frames per second), so I have it set to 4. To, say, half the update speed, set it to 7. This will make it update only every 6 frames (10 animation frames per second).

The "Notes" box in database in the monster tab on the bottom right. This script does not support actor graphics since it is just a lite script for the default battle system. If you mean something different entirely, elaborate and I'll see if I can help.

yeah an awww i was hoping for character battlers : O , do u know any monster character animated battle scripts : O

--------------------

+Quote Post

Neon Black
post Dec 24 2011, 10:19 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

You can probably use Tankentai or Melody if you want side view battles, but they are by no means lite. Finally got VX re-installed, so if I get bored I might upgrade this to support animated actors and support different "poses", but it's not high on my priority list. Sorry to disappoint.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Nightmar
post Dec 25 2011, 06:15 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

QUOTE (Neon Black @ Dec 24 2011, 10:19 PM) *
You can probably use Tankentai or Melody if you want side view battles, but they are by no means lite. Finally got VX re-installed, so if I get bored I might upgrade this to support animated actors and support different "poses", but it's not high on my priority list. Sorry to disappoint.

Thats allright :3 hmmm well if u do deside to do it. can't u just make it so that only the monster side got the animated actors?

--------------------

+Quote Post

ryguy60
post Dec 31 2011, 02:57 AM
Post #11

Group Icon

Alignment: True Neutral

Hey this script works really nice! Is there anyway to define Attack and other animations or is it just idle?

--------------------
I Support:
Spoiler:

Check out my project at www.facebook.com/echoesofeternia

+Quote Post

Neon Black
post Dec 31 2011, 01:30 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

QUOTE (ryguy60 @ Dec 30 2011, 09:57 PM) *
Hey this script works really nice! Is there anyway to define Attack and other animations or is it just idle?

Currently just idle. I want to add different poses such as attack, however I have to find time to do it in my schedule and I have to decide exactly what project I want to take on next. I have a few other ideas in the making.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Nightmar
post Jan 14 2012, 04:00 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

Thank you I got my monsters Idle Animations to work =) so thanks again

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th September 2014 - 12:57 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.