iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> DQMJ2 help., Does anyone own this?
Dorian's World
post Nov 30 2011, 06:31 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Chaotic Good

For people who own these, you can skip the next three paragraphs.

I don't know a single person who owns this game other than myself: Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2. I kid you not, it's a monster catching game, but it's at least 5 times better than Pokemon. The music could have some tweaks, there isn't much change in soundtrack throughout the game and much of it are remixes from DQMJ1, but it's still awesome.

If you want to create an ultimate team without Wi-fi, you will spend endless hours trying to create one. The hardest monster arguably to create is the Rigor Mortex if you want to breed a Leonyx, but since I haven't defeated Rigor yet, I'm not sure if you can recruit Leonyx.

The World of Light sounds awesome. Metal Slimes are the equivalent to the 5th Gen Audino. They are rare outside their set spawns, which are few, they flee, have insane defense, are nearly impenatrable due to a trait, and are cowards. However, I was like blink.gif when I first killed a Liquid Metal. THEIR EXP REWARD IS WORTH IT. Over 15000 EXP to my two-man party. Metal Slime Kings reside in the World of Light. I MUST UNLOCK THIS!!!

Now for people who do own this and have beaten it... HOW DO I KILL RIGOR MORTEX???? That Frizz Cracker devastates my Dracolord. My Metal Kaiser Slime can't survive two attacks against this beast! I'm trying to create a Gem Slime, I am working on the first Grandpa Slime, but will it be enough? Will creating a Dragon Lord help? Do I need the Incarnus? Do I need to level up more(Kaiser is lv. 39.)?

I understand there's a Buff strategy to this. The problem is that only my Dracolord has it and my Kaiser can't heal or buff. I'm pretty sure there's a sceptre in the game that allows you to keep the form of the monster who's equipping it through synthesis, since there was in the last game. The question is, where?

Funny thing: I beat Leonyx on pure luck. I had 6 HP on Kaiser, my Draco was dead, and I was outta herbs. I attacked and waited for the inevitable, and that attack was the final one needed to defeat him. biggrin.gif

If you need help on the game, pm me! Or pm me if you can help me!

EDIT: I am training a Metal King Slime. I should have gotten him from the start! Sure, the attack power is weaker, and he's tough to train, but he is gaining defense at a much faster rate than Kaiser is! My Kaiser is level 43 and has just over 650 defense. My MKS is level 26 and has over 500 defense. MKS also has much more HP, but that's thanks to Agility Boost 2.

I MIGHT BEAT HIM SOON!!!

This post has been edited by Dorian's World: Dec 1 2011, 11:58 PM

--------------------
How do variables work again...? -.-
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Getdizzy
post Nov 30 2011, 06:40 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed
Alignment: Unaligned

I'm a huge fan of DQM, but unfortunately have yet to play enough of Joker 2 to help you. Damn school and work.

(I've always felt that DQM was the better single player experience, Pokemon was the better multiplayer one personally).

+Quote Post

Dorian's World
post Dec 1 2011, 11:52 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Chaotic Good

QUOTE (Touchfuzzy @ Nov 29 2011, 10:40 PM) *
I'm a huge fan of DQM, but unfortunately have yet to play enough of Joker 2 to help you. Damn school and work.

(I've always felt that DQM was the better single player experience, Pokemon was the better multiplayer one personally).

Agreed mostly. I think DQM is better in general.

Have you unlocked the Unshore and it's Zip portal? I can give you a really good training tip if you have. wink.gif

--------------------
How do variables work again...? -.-

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st October 2014 - 03:23 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.