iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

The 2nd Quarter Contest has arrived! Go check it out in the Community Announcements now!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Playstation 3 games recommendation
LusterMX
post Nov 30 2011, 10:06 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Neutral Good

Hi there.
I've stuck to Nintendo for the past few years and loved every bit of it. I'm all for Mario, Zelda and Pokemon! Now, I have decided to try out a Playstation 3 considering there have been so many good deals around, however I'm not sure what games to get, I don't know where to start!
Please can you recommend any games for me to play on the Playstation 3 smile.gif. I LOVE co-op games, RPGs and games like Zelda and Mario.

Thanks

--------------------

I support
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Getdizzy
post Nov 30 2011, 11:30 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed
Alignment: Unaligned

Nier, 20 bucks on Amazon, action rpg, AMAZING story, characters, and music.

Borderlands if you haven't played it on PC, and aren't anti-fps. It's great co-op shooter with rpg mechanics.

inFamous, action rpg that is an interesting sort of superhero comic book style game.

Little Big Planet series. Fun cute platformer games

+Quote Post

LordBagardo
post Nov 30 2011, 12:15 PM
Post #3

First break their defences, then break their necks!
Group Icon

Type: Artist
Alignment: Unaligned

If you're big on shooters, definitely Uncharted 1, 2 and 3. You might like Killzone 2 and 3 if you also like FPS games. I back Touchfuzzy up on getting inFamous and LBP2. (I'd probably skip LBP1 since the only difference is the story levels, which in my opinion, aren't as good as the second one's anyway.)

If you haven't already, I'd really suggest getting Skyrim, especially if you're into RPGs. Although, you may want to wait for Christmas to get it... there seems to be a lot of concern on the PS3 version at the minute concerning freezing, but Bethesda are working on another patch before then. You could also get Rage, an RPG shooter, but I haven't played it, so I couldn't tell you much about it ಠ_ರೃ

Gosh, so many games to play @_@ if you like puzzlers, play Portal 2. Excellent storyline, characters and gameplay. Oh, and another action/adventure title, Batman Arkham City and Arkham Asylum are both great. The name puts alot of people off, as it may seem like a cheap cash in title, but it's probably the best adaptation of Batman out there.

Oh, and another one! The Ratchet and Clank series is a game similar to the Legend of Zelda series. I personally really like the art style and the simplicity of the characters.

I guess I'll end this with one more title I would never pass up, even if I wasn't keen on shooters. Red Dead Redemption is easily one of my favorites. If you don't know what it is, It's basically Grand Theft Auto but with more intelligent characters and storylines set in 1911 America, with cowboys and gangs and the like.

--------------------
I Support:
Spoiler:

I won second place in something! :D
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

quigonkeichy
post Nov 30 2011, 06:02 PM
Post #4

I MOVE THE STARS FOR NO ONE.
Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Most played games for me as of late are Dark Souls (haven't even touched Skyrim because of it, aha) and Mirror's Edge. I'd definitely recommend them, as well as Killzone 3 & inFamous, and I'd definitely invest in the Metal Gear Solid games (as far as I'm aware the HD collections are out in some places now).

--------------------

My project!

I support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Syx
post Dec 1 2011, 02:37 AM
Post #5

Rusted Souls
Group Icon

Type: Musician
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

If you like FPS, go with Borderlands. It's a mix of RPG and FPS.

Can definitely back up Lord with Portal 2 and the Uncharted series. Both are really epic games.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Moururi
post Dec 1 2011, 09:34 AM
Post #6

Ocean Stars Falling...
Group Icon

Nobodies mentioned Valkyria Chronicles?

Valkyria Chronicles is a Japanese SRPG, and a bit of a hidden gem, it's set in an alternative take on World War 2 with some fantasy elements mixed in. Each member of your squad has their own personality and voice and the result is an incredibly emotional game with some fantastic and unique characters.

Worth a look.

Also agreed with Touch on NieR, another gem of a game.

+Quote Post

LusterMX
post Dec 1 2011, 04:44 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Ah, I see. So is no one mentioning Final Fantasy XIII or is it really that overrated?
Nevertheless, I've decided I'm going to get that one as well as the LittleBigPlanet series. From what I've seen of the thousands of youtube videos I have seen of it, it looks really nice! I had no idea a game like that even existed XD (It goes to show how much of a noob I am rolleyes.gif )
From the games listed here, I haven't heard most of them, but they all sound absolutely brilliant. I've even compiled a huuuuge list wink.gif

--------------------

I support

+Quote Post

Shiny Nickel
post Dec 1 2011, 09:21 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Good

A big "Yes!" to all the ones mentioned, but I would love to add my favorite game for the PS3...

Although it's not an RPG, I highly recommend playing the game "Heavy Rain" because of its story and characters. (Not to mention the fact that it looks utterly amazing on the PS3's graphics!) It's a crime drama about a man who tries to save his young son from a serial killer.

Heavy Rain is also relatively short in that you play it like a movie (mainly quick-time events) and all of the choices you make (no matter how small) effect how it ends, so it also has a lot of replayability.

--------------------
My Game Developer Blog:

+Quote Post

Obrusnine
post Jan 16 2012, 01:53 AM
Post #9

Writer and Soon Programmer!
Group Icon

Mass Effect 2, Dragon Age: Origins, Dragon Age 2, MAG, SOCOM 4, Assassins Creed, Assassins Creed 2, Assassins Creed Brotherhood, Fallout 3, Demon's Souls (way better then Dark Souls in my opinion), Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm, LA Noire, Shadow of the Colossuss and ICO Collection, Star Wars The Force Unleashed 1+2, Dead Space 1+2...
these are all great games that I'm pretty sure no one has yet mentioned.
(Especially Mass Effect, Dragon Age, and Shadow and ICO Collection! These are some of the best games ond the system, even if some are multiplatform).
Oh, and on the Downloadable side I would recommend Flower, Beat Hazard Ultra, and Super Stardust HD.

This post has been edited by Obrusnine: Jan 16 2012, 01:54 AM

--------------------
I Am the Project Leader (Lead Writer, Lead Designer) of

Please click this userbar and see if you can lend some valuable insight to the project. Or even join if you can help out with the massive amount of mapping that will be required in this game!

I Am the Lead Writer of...

Various things...
Spoiler:
Various Sayings...
  • The enemy of my enemy is my friend
  • At the end of an infinite road, you will find more road.
  • More to add as I come up with them...

+Quote Post

CrayDragon
post Jan 17 2012, 09:45 PM
Post #10

RMVX > Social life
Group Icon

Alignment: Neutral Evil

Heavenly Sword, Flow, Flower, Folklore/Folkssoul, Mirror's Edge, and of course...

QUOTE (Touchfuzzy)
Little Big Planet series. Fun cute platformer games

--------------------
I order you to click these.

>>deviantART!<<

+Quote Post

Revival
post Jan 20 2012, 04:05 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

Type: Artist
Alignment: Lawful Evil

QUOTE (Touchfuzzy @ Nov 30 2011, 12:30 PM) *
Nier, 20 bucks on Amazon, action rpg, AMAZING story, characters, and music.

I found Nier for 6 bucks at the local gamestop... I have to say it's an AWESOME game, absolutely awesome, unless you're a trophy hunter that is... I for one, am a trophy hunter... and I'll forever be stuck at 97% completion of this game due to the amount of time required... there's 30 weapons in the game, which can be upgraded, I have like 2 weapons left, but the ingredients you need are so rare it can take up to 3 hours of endless boredom just to get 1 out of 3, do th emath and you're loooking at 9 hours for one material for one weapon... other than that, awesome game

Since I spend alot of time gaming on my ps3, I have a few recommendations, when you said Mario, I immediately though of a game I bought on the Playstation Store (also the only place to get it) It's called Moon Diver, it's a Square game, but I find it pretty challenging, it's got the side view like mario, but with combat added.

I would also highly recommend Mass Effect 2, it's only 20 bucks on the PSN right now, and it's a good game for RPG players and FPS players alike, just platinumed it myself...

I would also recommend the Star Wars Force Unleashed games, which were pretty fun, even for non-star wars fans

Some other game I enjoyed enough to platinum or complete were;
Dark Void, X-Blades, the Resistance series, the Assassin's Creed series (everybody knows that one)... Dante's Inferno was awesome, 10x better than God of War in my opinion...

There's alot of good games for ps3, usually the best ones are dirt cheap too I find

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2014 - 11:52 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.