iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Synchronicity, [08/17/12]- New Sprite
merrea50
post Dec 22 2011, 03:55 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed
Alignment: True Neutral

After a long break, I have finally been inspired to work on this project again. Since it has been so long, I've decided to put up what I have done so you guys could critique it. I plan to have A LOT changed (such as tiles, menu layouts, portraits and a battle system changed to side-view). I want t make it better than it originally was (since this was practically my first VX game I ever made). I really appreciate it!

Update Log

<div style="margin-top:5px"><div class="quotetitle">Spoiler: <input type="button" value="Show" style="width:45px;font-size:10px;margin:0px;padding:0px;" onclick="if (this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display != '') { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = ''; this.innerText = ''; this.value = 'Hide'; } else { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = 'none'; this.innerText = ''; this.value = 'Show'; }" />
<div class="quotecontent"><div style="display: none;">[08/17/12]- New Sprite
[06/23/12]- New Character Concept + Title Screen
[06/16/12]- New Character Concept
[01/27/12]- New battle sprite (p.2)
[01/27/12]- New character concept + redesigns for certain characters
[01/14/12]- Added preview of battle sprite (p.2)
[01/02/12]- Added "Re-vamping Progress Log"
[01/02/12]- New Character Concepts
[01/01/12]- New Title Screen Screenshot
[12/30/11]- Fixed logo and support bar/ updated demo
[12/25/11]- Added more to Main Characters and Minor Characters
[12/25/11]- New demo download (without RTP)</div></div></div>

</div>
Re-vamping Progress Log
Maps-0%
Walking Sprites-30%
Battle Sprites- 2%
Sound- 10%
Story- 90%
Portraits- 20%
Scripting- 60%
Extra- 0%

Story

During a time of peace, an all-powerful dragon descended into the realm. It destroyed multiple cities and devoured many. The dragon's influence caused the realm's people to turn to a new religion called "Dragonism". In exchange for peace, the dragon demanded a young girl to do as he commands until death. These young girls were referred as "Divas". The people obeyed his demands, however, they had other plans in mind. The Divas were the pillars of the plan and bind the dragon with songs. With the Divas, "peace" was maintained...until now.

Main Characters

Len
Being sheltered by his mother all his life, Len could be called a "Mamma's Boy". He hates to see his mother upset so doesn't try to disobey her. Len loves being adventurous and tries to explore the surrounding area when he gets the chance. He often spends his time with Miki in the town of Orlyn. Len is, however, unaware of his existing sister.

Ms. Kagamine
Mrs. Kagamine is the mother of the twins Len and Rin. She used to be very devoted to the church until one night, the Dragoon Guard (the church's personal army) took her daughter Rin away from her. It was after that moment, Mrs. Kagamine became bitter and unwilling to go to church regularly like she used to. She concealed the truth about Rin being Len's sister in order to avoid memories she wanted to forget.

Rin
Rin is a divine being known as a "Dragon Diva". As a baby her fate was sealed and she was taken away from her family as an infant. As she grew older, she replaced the last Diva who died. Her job was sing songs and dance for the dragon who held her captive. Rin now stays with the dragon, having a strong feeling of another half of her somewhere else in the world.

Kaito
Kaito is a traveling assassin that is part of the rising Resistance. He constantly goes to towns preaching the injustice of the Church and gathers information. His sister Kaiko and him live a hard life of poverty, it is only with the Resistance they can even afford half of the things they have. Kaito has a constant habit of just "knowing things".

Meiko
Meiko, who was once just a common villager, was given a commanding position in the Dragoon Guard (the church's personal army). Teto, who was the previous Diva, was one of Meiko's close friends. When she heard that Teto was chosen to become the next diva, Meiko swore she try her best to protect the nation just as she is protecting the nation from the dragon. After Teto's death, Meiko then assumed the position of lieutenant, hoping to keep her promise she made so long ago.

Gakupo
Gakupo is a great scholar of the capital. He has close relations with high officials of the court, making him someone of status. His father was also very well-known before he was killed for defying the church. However, the only thing that was left behind by his father was a book of his findings. Thoroughly against the state of the world, Gakupo joined the Resistance in order to bring an end to Dragonism.

Luka
Luka is the High Priestess of the Church. She is well known for her devotion to Dragonism and dares to execute anyone who is against the church. Back when Gakupo's father was still alive, Luka and Gakupo got along fondly. They even planned to get married. It was only after the father's death that Luka noticed Gakupo's true ideas. Luka, being one with the church, intensely disagreed with Gakupo and they went their separate ways.

Luki
Luki is Luka's twin brother. Just as his sister, he also holds a high position as High Priest. Luki is also in favor of Dragonism but does not approve of how Luka carries out her work. Being the more calm and collective half, Luki deals with the more important matters while Luka is more of the figurehead of the Church.

Miku
It is because of Miku that the Diva can never leave. (-the rest are spoilers-)

Minor Characters

Miki
Miki has known Len for as long as she can remember. Her outgoing attitude always cheers up anyone who surrounds her.

Ted
Ted is a bartender in the village of Orlyn who is a close friend of Mrs. Kagamine, Len and Miki. Ted was born and raised there by his family who have been know for their expertise in weaponry. Teto, the previous Diva, is his sister who he has kept secret for a long time. Not many know this.

Neru & Haku
Neru and Haku are traveling merchants that tend to sell stolen goods. Neru, who is sometimes rash, is a nice contrast to Haku, who is more soft spoken.

Nero & Dell
Nero and Dell are the brothers of Neru and Haku. They are the ones who do the actual stealing for the caravan.

Ruko
Ruko is a commanding officer and Luka's personal bodyguard. Her overall past is unknown.

Leon
The leader of the Resistance, Leon intends to take down the church for taking his girlfriend Lola as a Diva long ago. He swore he would get revenge on the dragon and the church for what they did to her.

Kiyoteru Hiyama
Kiyotero Hiyama is a close friend of Leon's and is second in command in the Resistance. He often comes up strategies and ploys to fool the Church.

Lily
Lily, who is also part of the resistance, was subject to become the next Diva. In order to escape her fate, Lily fled her town and joined the Resistance. Since the Church could not find her, Rin turned out to be the next Diva.

Kaai Yuki
Though only a child, Kaai Yuki is a very vital addition to the Resistance. Since she is a child, it her extract important information when needed.

Yuzuki Yukari
Yuzuki Yukari is the treasurer of the Resistance. She is often very reserved and doesn't tend to talk much.

Cul
Cul is a commanding officer of the Dragoon Guard. She a talent for picking out people with talent so she given the job of recruiting soldiers.

Piko
Piko is a optimistic teen who has always looked up to Luka. Hoping to serve under her, Piko constantly trys to become part of the Dragoon Guard.

Gumi
Gumi is part of a secret village that hides up in the trees. She's a perky young adult who is the known as the village head's granddaughter.

World
Synchronicity follows Len on his journey to find his sister Rin who is kept hostage by the dragon. On his way, Len encounters a colorful set of characters and enemies. Synchronicity includes challenging puzzles and dungeons to explore.
Aspects to add in the future:
skill tree, side-view battle system etc.

Screenshots
Spoiler:

*NEW*

Thank you Celianna so much for how to event a title screen!

Old Title Screen

Video

Synchroniciy Intro (1st 4 minutes)

Character Concepts

Nero
Spoiler:

Piko
Spoiler:

CUL
Spoiler:

Yuzuki Yukari
Spoiler:

Lily
Spoiler:

???
Spoiler:

VY2 Yuma
Spoiler:

Dell
Spoiler:

Leon
Spoiler:

Kiyoteru Hiyama
Spoiler:

Kaai Yuki
Spoiler:

IA
Spoiler:

Namine Ritsu
Spoiler:

Al *NEW*
Spoiler:

-more to come-

Demo Download
-Download is taken down due to the fact the final version is going to be much different-

Support

CODE
[url="http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=52145&hl"][img]http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/6070/suppporrt.png[/img][/url]

This post has been edited by merrea50: Nov 25 2012, 08:13 AM

--------------------

I support:
Spoiler:

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

arajuna
post Dec 23 2011, 09:32 PM
Post #2

Café Alpha is REAL! ...It has to be!
Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Chaotic Good

This looks pretty darn awesome. The story is good sounding and who doesnt like vocaloid?
The one issue is that I'm not really sure if your sprites mesh too well with your tiles, the sprites seem to small or bright
to go with the mack tiles.
Anyway Rin and Len are my fave vocaloids so im really exited to see how this goes.

P.S. you have one smexy title screen.

--------------------
lolwut?

+Quote Post

merrea50
post Dec 23 2011, 09:51 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

QUOTE (arajuna @ Dec 23 2011, 04:32 PM) *
This looks pretty darn awesome. The story is good sounding and who doesnt like vocaloid?
The one issue is that I'm not really sure if your sprites mesh too well with your tiles, the sprites seem to small or bright
to go with the mack tiles.
Anyway Rin and Len are my fave vocaloids so im really exited to see how this goes.

P.S. you have one smexy title screen.

I completely agree with you. I had no idea what I was doing then xD; I'm defiantly going to change the tiles in the final version and even possibly learn how to do that parallax mapping.
And thank you!

--------------------

I support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

magic2345
post Dec 24 2011, 01:00 AM
Post #4

Reality Destroyer
Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Unaligned

Wow, I didn't think it was possible to make an rpg out of vocaloid...and the background setting actually fits!! This is awesome!

One question though, do you plan on inserting vocaloid songs?

--------------------
"The only limit is your imagination."

+Quote Post

merrea50
post Dec 24 2011, 01:13 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

QUOTE (magic2345 @ Dec 23 2011, 08:00 PM) *
Wow, I didn't think it was possible to make an rpg out of vocaloid...and the background setting actually fits!! This is awesome!

One question though, do you plan on inserting vocaloid songs?

Yup! The title screen (has part of the 2nd part of the synchronicity trilogy in it), when you see rin (the beginning of the 1st synchronicity trilogy) and the world map (the 1st song) already have the songs in it ^^

--------------------

I support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

new
post Dec 25 2011, 02:47 AM
Post #6

Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

logo epic, facesets soo adorable! sprites too cute! smile.gif did you make them real neat! ohmy.gif 113 mb demo.. you should give a warning >.<

--------------------
download here
(Ask before using a bar from someone's sig -Touchfuzzy)

+Quote Post

merrea50
post Dec 25 2011, 03:32 AM
Post #7

Group Icon

QUOTE (new @ Dec 24 2011, 09:47 PM) *
logo epic, facesets soo adorable! sprites too cute! smile.gif did you make them real neat! ohmy.gif 113 mb demo.. you should give a warning >.<

yup i made them all myself.
sure thing ^^ i thing ill post a link without the rtp, thats the only reason its so much xD;

This post has been edited by merrea50: Dec 25 2011, 03:34 AM

--------------------

I support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

merrea50
post Dec 25 2011, 04:48 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

~New download added without the RTP~

--------------------

I support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

merrea50
post Dec 25 2011, 09:23 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

~Added more Main Characters and Minor Characters~

--------------------

I support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

new
post Dec 29 2011, 12:24 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

i played the demo and cant get even get out of town.. i mean, there are just no clues where to go to next, you just get surprised a cutscene happens.. you get to open a chest from every household.. oh, check again your tile passabilities like logs and plants.. convert all music to ogg to decrease size..

--------------------
download here

+Quote Post

merrea50
post Dec 29 2011, 06:16 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

QUOTE (new @ Dec 29 2011, 07:24 AM) *
i played the demo and cant get even get out of town.. i mean, there are just no clues where to go to next, you just get surprised a cutscene happens.. you get to open a chest from every household.. oh, check again your tile passabilities like logs and plants.. convert all music to ogg to decrease size..

i thought that might be alittle confusing but i didnt want to make it overally awkward with having someone tell you what to do all the time. maybe i could make little cut scenes to kinda give you more to go on. im definably going to cut down on the chests too and fix the passabilities.

--------------------

I support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

new
post Dec 30 2011, 01:40 AM
Post #12

Group Icon

directions would be good.. i bought the lettuce and tomato, got home.. explored all the houses, found out i need to go to the bar next, found a delivery quest, got to the church cutscene, and then got stuck. i memorized the town quickly guessing where to go next.. everytime i went home, the mother would say "go play with your friend"..

--------------------
download here

+Quote Post

merrea50
post Dec 30 2011, 03:01 AM
Post #13

Group Icon

the next place you're supposed to go would be tricky if i didn't have an event (i definably will add one in the full version). theres a house right of the shop you can go into, if you talk to the lady you'll know what to do next.
thanks for those other tips about lowering the demo size too. im trying to go through and fix that.

--------------------

I support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

new
post Dec 30 2011, 03:26 AM
Post #14

Group Icon

the chests are nice features.. just that its gold or potion.. no interactives hidden in cabinets.. oh yeah, i lost a lot of gold with the wishing well.. how much gold should i toss before something happens? i think i'll wait for an updated version.

--------------------
download here

+Quote Post

merrea50
post Dec 30 2011, 07:04 AM
Post #15

Group Icon

trust me you're gunna want them later on in the game xD;
oh and i updated the demo. i fixed the well problem and tried to make it alittle more obivious of where you had to go though the church part is the old scene you have to figure out for your self. but other than that it should be good. i fixed the passibility too, if you find anymore problems be sure to tell me ^^

--------------------

I support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

donleon
post Dec 30 2011, 05:25 PM
Post #16

adorable kyon
Group Icon

Alignment: Lawful Good

now playing your demo smile.gif im stuck at the cove thing smile.gif password for the door? i tried searching for the forest for clues but nu-uh maybe going back to town for clues but monsters appearing everywhere haha i ate it lol

i got tricked in the cave dream i keep running back and forth in that place smile.gif

--------------------
I support:
Spoiler:

My game:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

merrea50
post Dec 30 2011, 10:49 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

QUOTE (donleon @ Dec 30 2011, 12:25 PM) *
now playing your demo smile.gif im stuck at the cove thing smile.gif password for the door? i tried searching for the forest for clues but nu-uh maybe going back to town for clues but monsters appearing everywhere haha i ate it lol

i got tricked in the cave dream i keep running back and forth in that place smile.gif

its more of a terrain clue. your looking for numbers so try looking for some that are obvious smile.gif

--------------------

I support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

donleon
post Dec 31 2011, 12:45 AM
Post #18

adorable kyon
Group Icon

Alignment: Lawful Good

QUOTE (merrea50 @ Dec 30 2011, 11:49 PM) *
its more of a terrain clue. your looking for numbers so try looking for some that are obvious smile.gif

terrain clue huh? im all out of clues haha i'll try again

--------------------
I support:
Spoiler:

My game:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

merrea50
post Jan 1 2012, 06:18 AM
Post #19

Group Icon

New screenshot added!

--------------------

I support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

EvilEagles
post Jan 1 2012, 06:25 AM
Post #20

Viva La Revolución!
Group Icon

Alignment: Unaligned

Oh my oh my, this is looking great XD the story sounds great. I love vocaloids. Also it seems you've got the design end done right too. Lovely.

But yeah, just one thing, the sprites clash with the tiles a little bit too much XD

Keep it up, merrea50. I'll be lurki- I mean, watching. XD

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 07:37 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.