iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

The 2nd Quarter Contest has arrived! Go check it out in the Community Announcements now!

> Notes for Complete Game Threads

This forum is for completed RPG Maker VX games. Please do not post threads about games being made in other engines here.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The end of the Witch of Lorven, A [short] game movie
Indra
post Jan 5 2012, 06:10 PM
Post #1

Typo Queen
Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Chaotic Good

The end of the Witch of Lorven

So, I’m not sure if this is technically a “completed game”, but to me it’s a finished project (a game-made movie? Beats me). It was my entry for the Let’s Make a Scene contest, but it’s more of a self-contained game. It depicts (as the title says) the end of the Witch of Lorven.

Since I was disqualified off the contest for a script error (traitorous bastard! How dare you pop up after I had 5 different people test you!!) I couldn’t really participate, but I’m still rather proud of the finished product, so I’ll be damned if I don’t show it off. Any feedback is welcome.

Any details I gave out would bust the experience. Just watch it. It’s around 5 minutes long (or more depending on your reading speed). Credits are inside.

By the way, this belongs to the World of RMVX, which means I will probably (actually I will, just because I liked it) reference it (at least in my own projects) at some time.

Download project (without the RTP) here.

Video Version
I honestly recommend the download, but if you’re too lazy or it gives you an error, here’s the youtube video:
Spoiler:

By the way, if you haven’t yet, go vote for the contest and view the finalist entries here. [Voting finished now. Congrats to the winners!]

18/01/2012 Here's a spoilerish present from Archeia (click to enlarge, it's big)
Spoiler:

This post has been edited by Indra: Jan 18 2012, 12:16 PM

--------------------
Nowadays I'm in perpetual development hell. Shoot me a PM if you need something.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Faalhaasje
post Jan 5 2012, 06:34 PM
Post #2

Dutchman
Group Icon

Type: Coder

That was an awesome movie, Indra. a nice story and it was looking fabulous, even with the rtp tiles! great job on this, it made my day smile.gif

--------------------
Y can't we event our own lives ლ(ಠ益ಠლ

+Quote Post

apoc
post Jan 5 2012, 09:02 PM
Post #3

My return is apporaching...
Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

I wont lie, I normally wouldnt take a good time and read other submissions for this long, but I do enjoy a good story every now and then happy.gif really sorry you got disqualified though, would of thought you had a fair chance ohmy.gif guess it was to uber to be in the contest tongue.gif

--------------------

Also feel free to give santa some milk and cookies for all his hard work :D

+Quote Post

Rekx
post Jan 7 2012, 12:51 AM
Post #4

Fascination with life
Group Icon

Type: Coder

This is a really great scene, I thoroughly enjoyed it! Too bad about that random error though, seems kinda disappointing. Either way though, they're just missing out.

--------------------

Remember that time when you thought about quitting? Remember that time where you were trapped and couldn't get out? Do you remember that time where you were on the brink of the end, where you were so close, and yet you couldn't reach it, no matter how hard you stretched?

Do you remember?

If you do, you must forget. Forget the pain, forget the circumstances, forget the life. Remember only what helped you push through. Remember only what got you out of that stipulation. Remember what allowed you to achieve your goal.

Remember, but forget. Forget, but always remember.

+Quote Post

amerk
post Jan 10 2012, 06:47 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Alignment: Unaligned

Excellent indeed! Makes me want to go an play your WoRMVX game now. Also, this can serve to some people how to make a very compelling cut scene for their own game. Your soundtrack was dead on, perfectly adjusted for each scene. I couldn't help but feel sorry for Dorva, and hopefully we'll get more of her in later games.

+Quote Post

Indra
post Jan 18 2012, 12:15 PM
Post #6

Typo Queen
Group Icon

Thanks for all the positive comments, they mean a lot <3

Also, I'm here to show THIS off. (click to enlarge, its kinda big)

By Archeia. Oh my *¬*

Also, I'm thinking of expanding the whole story, either in game style or just scenes, but it's taking a backseat to other projects for now. On the other hand, Dorva is very much definitely influencing my other projects, so expect to see references there XD

--------------------
Nowadays I'm in perpetual development hell. Shoot me a PM if you need something.

+Quote Post

Delynn
post Jan 20 2012, 08:30 AM
Post #7

Group Icon

Alignment: Unaligned

I loved it. smile.gif Great little story. Just goes to show that bigger doesn't necessarily mean better.

+Quote Post

nolund
post Feb 11 2012, 09:52 PM
Post #8

Factose Intolerant
Group Icon

This is really, REALLY well done. I applaud your work, and definitely look forward to a follow up if you decide to make one.

--------------------
My Projects:
Spoiler:

I Support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 05:28 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.