iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

> 

This forum is for recruiting for games in development. Please do not post threads about games being made here.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Risqué, Mature themed RPG akin to Phantasy Star or Star Ocean games
Queuethulu
post Jan 9 2012, 05:02 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Risqué is not a cutesy game. It will have mature themes, alcohol use, and foul language. The whole game is hand drawn, which we have a great artist so the whole game will have a comic book look to. Here are the required points:

Synopsis:
The game starts out with four friends at a night club, watching a band. Klint Gristle, his sister Julie, Vincent Suka and Jordan Knuckles. The four drink heavily and enjoy a good fight. However, when 3 men bust in and are looking to take a piece out of Klint, a bar fight ensues. They are kicked out and decide to continue the night at Vincent's loft a few blocks away... Pizza, Beer and a large amount of video games, keep the gang entertained until the wee hours of the morning. An odd sound from the roof causes the gang to investigate.... The four young adults are attacked by a man and wake up in another galaxy. From there they have to travel through the three planets and colonized moon, looking for the cult responsible for sending them into space. Klint get's forced to be a pilot, Julie becomes the teams Doctor, Jordan gets a large gun and Vincent uses status effects to make enemies miserable...

Character Bios:

Klint Gristle:
Klint has had a long and very odd life. Ex-USAF, turned boxer whom has since been forced out of boxing due to his sexual orientation. Klint now spends his days working as a writer, reviewing bars and live acts in their hometown of �‚“Murderapolis�‚� (The town's real name has long been forgotten...) During his tenure as a writer, Klint turned to alcohol and tends to over indulge often, leading to trouble. He is openly gay, however despises all of the typical gay things (Musicals, fashion, ...drag) and considers himself a �‚“man's man�‚� Many people have a hard time believing Klint is gay. He is loyal to a fault to his closest friends Jordan and Vincent.

Julie Gristle:
Age 24, DOB 7/21
Julie is an art student. That being said, she's been in college for 7 years and keeps changing her major. While she can't make up her mind about a major, he has made up her mind about learning to fight. She trains with Jordan (whom she jokingly calls Sensei) and tends to party first and study later. Julie works as a freelance photographer to pay the bills, however her attitude usually kills some of her business. Brash, somewhat immature, and hyperactive, Julie seems to be all over the place. Julie generally gets along with her brother, however never misses a change to give him hell. Julie treats Jordan and Vincent like big brothers, rather than her brothers friends.

Vincent Suka
Age 27, DOB 6/20
Vincent is what you would call a genius. Between his uncanny card playing ability and his stock portfolio, he's never had to work a real job since he turned 16. He spends his time working out, getting his hair done, and spending large amounts of money on rather idiotic things. He is an avid fan of fights, so naturally he met both Jordan and Klint at the prime of their fighting careers. Naturally, they became good friends due to similar tastes in how to have a good time. Vincent is quite adapt at playing people's weaknesses and usually prefers throwing knives to getting his hands (or this clothing) dirty...

Jordan Knuckles
Age 28, DOB 6/12
You'd never guess it by looking at him, but Jordan is a current MMA champion in Murderapolis. When he got a title shot, he easily outclassed his opponent. His problem: his size makes people want to fight him and he is constantly defending his title in bar cage fights. Jordan tends to be the reasonable one of the four, looking to have a good time over fighting. Shares a kinship with Klint (both from Irish decent) Trains Julie (treats her like a sister) and being born very close to Vincent (They actually went to the same school before they met) Jordan will jump in and help anyone in trouble, but tries (and sometimes fails) to keep out of it himself.

World Development:
�‚“Murderapolis�‚�
The heroes home city, due to large crime sprees a few years back, the nickname �‚“Murderapolis�‚� took over in the national spotlight. The cast live here, work here and party here. A metropolis on an island surrounded by suburbs, �‚“Murderapolis�‚� has great jobs for companies bold enough to be there...
(Sadly, in this game, Murderapolis is only featured for a brief period before the cast is transported...)

Premert �‚€œ An Earth Like planet (Second Planet from Sun)
Premert is the capital planet of this star system, Home to the Fallenfield Spaceport, the capital city of Jutesclaw and several smaller burgs. A lush green planet with a temperate climate close to fall year round.

Durodunt- An arid desert planet (first planet from sun)
The climate is much like the middle east, mostly desert with a few lush areas of trees and water, only the strong live here, a mixture of ½ humanoid and animal or lizard people live here and don't take kindly to strangers butting into their business.

Shetuost- A cold snow covered planet (third from the sun)
A small Icy planet home to a race of hirsute people. Even though the weather is cold they are a warm welcoming people who are willing to help. However they are being oppressed by an unknown force and are looking some some help of their own...

Aengete- A colonized moon off of Premert. Home to 3 small colonial areas attached by enclosed bio-domes and walkways.

The Spirit of Cata �‚€œ An artificial space station in Orbit between Premert and Shetuost. The cast wakes up here after they are attacked and helpful people help get them acclimated to what they must do to get home...

What we need is a scripter. Someone who understands Ruby and would help with our major issue, the battle system. While I do a bit of coding, I do not have enough coding knowledge to delve into a CBS. We want to use our hand drawn battlers (See Klint Idle Battler Concept) so we would need someone who is familiar with CBS and would enjoy working on a "colorful" and robust game. Ideally, we would like to have this project finished by the beginning of September.

What we have is a writer, artist and music composer. We do need help event scripting and possibly someone to help with coloring. I fix most graphical errors, but my coloring skills are personally lacking. I am also the writer and do concept art for the game. My artist is a great drawer and willing to do line art for others. My composer is a family man and cannot take requests due to a newborn child at this time. I am willing to help with writing and general concept art while my artist is willing to do character portraits and body shots (see Klint's final line art)

Any help would be appreciated as we want to get this done and start working on other games after this one...

Thank you,
Queuethulu

The spaceship is not mine, it is a placeholder till our design is done.

This post has been edited by Queuethulu: Feb 25 2012, 03:35 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

erPicci
post Jan 14 2012, 08:15 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Type: Coder
Alignment: Unaligned

Hi!
I just read the story and the characters' bios, that's somewhat interesting biggrin.gif.
I'd like to help you with the scripts/codes. I don't have any made-by-me script to show you right now, because I haven't been using RPG Maker for a while, but, if you want to see an example of the scripts I make, I could write one for you and see if you like it.
Let me know if I can be of any help with the project!

+Quote Post

khachuchrian
post Jan 23 2012, 04:13 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Type: Musician

i would like to help with music

+Quote Post

Aya_Vectra
post Jan 23 2012, 04:19 PM
Post #4

star ocean otaku
Group Icon

Type: Writer

I just wanted to say, I think this project is really cool and has potential to be even better. Sorry I'm not much help. sad.gif Looking forward to see how it turns out!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Queuethulu
post Jan 23 2012, 10:01 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Well thanks for the support!

+Quote Post

Queuethulu
post Feb 24 2012, 11:48 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

Figured a monthly update was about due. In the talks of getting an artist who'll help us get a nice clean look,
the story is 85% done, now I just gotta plug in some side quests, random fun things and we have 1 hell of a story.
The music is going quite good and the voice acting is starting and is making everyone sound more... absurd.

Once some of the new art is done, i'll share it.

This post has been edited by Queuethulu: Mar 19 2012, 07:39 PM

+Quote Post

Queuethulu
post Jun 10 2012, 04:35 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Major update now for Risque: Fist off, BrokenSin created an awesome custom battle system for us, combo system, moving characters, the lot. There are status faces for how hurt the characters are from feeling fine to dead by the HP/MP, updated the look for Klint, Julie and Vincent. Due to the person Jordan Knuckles was modeled after and voiced by is having a kid, the 4th main character is now Gunther Tjurkey or "Turk" as the cast calls him.

There are also now 9 planets and 10 characters. Here is a brief rundown of them.

Tsani Ara
A happy-go-lucky cat woman from Drodunt, a skilled mechanic, and while not fond of fighting, is quite skilled with robots and creatures weak against electricity.

Arctoth Vebber
(Currently going through a redesign) A fierce bear warrior, who dual wields 2 large swords. Descended from a royal family that was executed on Shetoust, Arctoth grew up with Tsani and will do anything to keep her safe.... ANYTHING.

Syd: (No image yet) A psychotic robot that was disabled by Tsani and reprogrammed to not kill the cast. During the reprogramming the basic rules of robotics went out the window and now Syd has no problem harming or letting people be harmed.

Gorrister (No last name yet, no image) An alien of unknown origin, found skill playing saxophone on one of the planets in the galaxy. Joins the cast solely because he's bored and they are traveling around randomly with no real plans (at that point of the game)

Puma & Goose Trelles (no image yet) twin (midget) feline cats who are officers in the intergalactic space patrol brotherhood (ISPB) Puma is cocky, rash and a bit skittish, and tries to get along with everyone. Goose is calm and collective, but has a slight psychotic streak to get the job done no matter what. Comes off a bit cold to some of the cast. The two, due to their size, pilot a small mech together.

Jordan Knuckles: Becomes recruit-able at the very end of the game now, not a major character, I don't want to spoil why.

This post has been edited by Queuethulu: Jun 10 2012, 07:36 PM

+Quote Post

Young Prodigy
post Jun 18 2012, 01:56 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

Type: Musician

QUOTE (Queuethulu @ Jun 10 2012, 05:35 PM) *
Major update now for Risque: Fist off, BrokenSin created an awesome custom battle system for us, combo system, moving characters, the lot. There are status faces for how hurt the characters are from feeling fine to dead by the HP/MP, updated the look for Klint, Julie and Vincent. Due to the person Jordan Knuckles was modeled after and voiced by is having a kid, the 4th main character is now Gunther Tjurkey or "Turk" as the cast calls him.

There are also now 9 planets and 10 characters. Here is a brief rundown of them.

Tsani Ara
A happy-go-lucky cat woman from Drodunt, a skilled mechanic, and while not fond of fighting, is quite skilled with robots and creatures weak against electricity.

Arctoth Vebber
(Currently going through a redesign) A fierce bear warrior, who dual wields 2 large swords. Descended from a royal family that was executed on Shetoust, Arctoth grew up with Tsani and will do anything to keep her safe.... ANYTHING.

Syd: (No image yet) A psychotic robot that was disabled by Tsani and reprogrammed to not kill the cast. During the reprogramming the basic rules of robotics went out the window and now Syd has no problem harming or letting people be harmed.

Gorrister (No last name yet, no image) An alien of unknown origin, found skill playing saxophone on one of the planets in the galaxy. Joins the cast solely because he's bored and they are traveling around randomly with no real plans (at that point of the game)

Puma & Goose Trelles (no image yet) twin (midget) feline cats who are officers in the intergalactic space patrol brotherhood (ISPB) Puma is cocky, rash and a bit skittish, and tries to get along with everyone. Goose is calm and collective, but has a slight psychotic streak to get the job done no matter what. Comes off a bit cold to some of the cast. The two, due to their size, pilot a small mech together.

Jordan Knuckles: Becomes recruit-able at the very end of the game now, not a major character, I don't want to spoil why.

Cool project. It seems like you're dedicated enough and won't give up. Do you need a composer?

Here's my soundclick if you want to listen to my works:
http://soundcloud.com/magnius/

--------------------
Check out my original music on my youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MagniusKun?feature=mhee

Download my free music for games at this topic:
http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=53570

+Quote Post

Queuethulu
post Jul 28 2012, 09:07 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

Well for now we have more than enough musicians/sound folks.

what we could use help with at the moment is a custom menu system. Nothing super fancy like a bestiary or anything, just a different layout
with larger character portraits. Hope to hear from someone soon.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd September 2014 - 05:53 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.