iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Second Dimension, Imagine if YOU had access to a Second Dimension :O
Oopsifarted
post Jan 10 2012, 11:53 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Type: Writer

The Second Dimension is set in an unimaginable world, a world you will soon have to confront. Will you escape from this world? Will you control your fate and your destiny, and survive forty difficult challenges? Will you be the one who leads a rebellion, who stands up for what has happened to you and the rest of the survivors? And is your mentor really the good guy that he appears to be? Your answers to these questions could mean the difference between life and death. Adventurer, be prepared. Because every move you make will be crucial.

Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/?5ug5h15rarld2pt

Features:

-Minigame-driven RPG Maker project with an engaging storyline
-40 levels to complete
-Control -- gender selection and name input
-Graveyard with full death scoring system
-Shop which can be accessed from the menu at any time
-Endurance challenge - with over ten different challenges (unlocked after game has been finished)
-Minigames Lobby, with four different games (unlocked after game has been finished)
-Trophy Room (unlocked after game has been finished)
-Achievements
-Typically offers five to fifteen hours of fast-paced gameplay

Check out the trailer here:

Story Synopsis
Spoiler:
One fateful day, you, the main character, wake up to an adventure you never thought possible. It turns out that you have been taken to a Second Dimension, where you will battle some of the most deadly arenas ever known to humankind, consisting of fire, dragons, fast-moving rocks and more.... But why? Well it turns out you have not appreciated your life. You have not lived it to the fullest. And as such, your very survival is now at stake...

Every waking second shall be a nightmare in the Second Dimension. There will be no classic RPG elements to immerse yourself in, just minigames and puzzles that will challenge you every step of the way.

You have a mentor, named Peter Andrews, who will guide you throughout your journey. He will help you with puzzles, quizzes, and just about everything the game has to offer.

Or will he?

World Development
Spoiler:
The Second Dimension is set in, you guessed it, another dimension. There is a graveyard, where you will respawn if you die in a level. In addition to this, there are other locations in the game, such as a minigames lobby, a trophy room and a room that is known as 'the control room.' There is lots to explore in the game, and I think the following screenshots might explain the basic atmosphere of the game alot better than my own words.

Screenshots
Spoiler:

Hide and seek minigame

Travelling to level thirty-seven from the graveyard!

In a nice, educational classroom.

An abandoned mine full of pickaxes and rocks that will kill you if you touch them. What's not to love?

A well-designed night time sky, hanging high above a building that leads to God knows what.

In this challenge your memory is tested! My favorite challenge wink.gif

Character bios
Spoiler:

You - either male or female, depending on your selection. Sarcastic, stereotypical nerd character. Devoted their whole life to video games and being generally anti-social before entering the Second Dimension. Funny on occassions with their over-analytical views on pretty much everything. Does not seem to get as emotionally involved in the storyline as the other characters, who get much more affected and challenged by the stress of the Second Dimension. Unique and original, you will love playing as this character. A true hero.

Peter Andrews - Your mentor.

Peter Andrews. I can't really describe much about him without giving away the storyline. But let's just say you can't trust him. In terms of appearance, he has white hair and a moustache, which covers his whole face. He guides you in the beginning of your journey, but as the story unfolds a great deal of conflict occurs between you and Peter Andrews. Will you become friends with him again? And what is it about Peter that is so untrustworthy?

Samuel and friends - Samuel is the boy you meet up with along the way. He is a secret agent working against this dimension, hoping to free you and the others from it through an ultimate rebellion. Samuel is fierce and determined, and very efficient by nature. He always wants to keep looking ahead, never stopping for breath against all the adventures that you face. Samuel and his friends have been trapped in the Second Dimension for over ten years, while you are simply a new arrival. They want you to join them, to help them, to flee with them from the nightmare you are going through. Samuel's friends, Mary, Ollie and Romeo, also accompany you in certain parts of the game. Ollie is regarded as the group leader, although everyone finds him bossy and arrogant. Mary loyally and quietly follows in his footsteps. Finally, Romeo is the dud of the group. In the words of Ollie, 'Romeo would sooner trip over his own moustache than lead us out of any of these arenas.' (Yeah, you're going to have to get used to moustache jokes while you're playing this game. Don't ask me why.)

Credits
Spoiler:
Mentioned in game, but particular mention goes to:
-Mithran for his overwhelming support and scripting assistance,
-Enterbrain for their incredible game making engine,
-My brother for his devotion to this project,
-And you guys, the RPG Maker VX Community! When it comes down to it I think we all draw inspiration from each other. Personally, I believe I have been influenced by everyone here, from your tutorials, your moderatorship, your scripting help, and eventing assistance, all the way to your commitment and dedication to your own projects. You are all amazing and each contribute different talents to these forums. You inspire me. And I thank you for this.

So what are you waiting for? Download the Second Dimension now, enter an unimaginable world, and control your destiny in an adventure like no other!

Thank you for your attention and interest,

~Oopsifarted.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

smoothrico
post Jan 13 2012, 01:34 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Alignment: Lawful Neutral

read the description loved it the second i was done

--------------------
"life is all about the choices we make whether good or bad, we must deal with them"

unknown

"the best friend of my enemy may also be a friend"

unknown

"remember to look both ways before crossing the street"

everybodies family member at least once in their lifetime

+Quote Post

Oopsifarted
post Jan 13 2012, 04:14 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Hey smoothrico!

Thanks for the kind words. They mean a lot to me. happy.gif

I really hope you enjoy the game. I'm not going to pretend I am the best game maker, story writer, artist or forum member here. Because, obviously, I am not. But I'm trying. And I'll never give up trying. My goal is to make games that you all will enjoy, and kind comments like that not only enrich my reason and purpose to provide games to you all, but also reinforce belief in myself and my abilities.

That being said, I hope you enjoy my first game. I believe that the beginning is a little weak compared to the end, but nevertheless this is a game I'm sure the community will still enjoy regardless of this.

Thanks to you all, and good luck with the Second Dimension. You'll need it ohmy.gif

+Quote Post

smoothrico
post Jan 14 2012, 07:28 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

no problem it's the same with all first completed games right

true be told i want to play it but my computer is kinda messed up but don't worry i got it under control

--------------------
"life is all about the choices we make whether good or bad, we must deal with them"

unknown

unknown

+Quote Post

Oopsifarted
post Jan 15 2012, 07:12 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

Awesome! Yeah, I'm the same with my computer, it keeps freezing and stuffing up too.

By the way, if you're up for it, here's what I'd like you to do. When you play my game, see if you can finish it in less than 4 hours. That's the record so far for quickest time tongue.gif if you beat this time, or if anyone does in fact, I'll feature you exclusively in my game as a special character. That's just for fun though, your choice if you want to try this challenge. thanks again, and I wish you the best of luck with The Second Dimension

+Quote Post

Frousteleous
post Jan 15 2012, 07:18 AM
Post #6

Group Icon

Just the fact that you took the time to make a dmaned TRAILER for you game makes me kinda want to play. I'll have to come back to this page and download it when i've got the free time.

--------------------
I Support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Oopsifarted
post Jan 16 2012, 01:51 AM
Post #7

Group Icon

Awesome! Thank you frousteleous smile.gif please tell me what you think. After all, it is your opinions that will influence how I make my next game. WARNING: after about level 20 this game gets quite challenging. You will need to have a good sense of intelligence, control and reflexes to finish this whole game tongue.gif Enjoy!

+Quote Post

Frousteleous
post Jan 16 2012, 07:38 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

sounds like something i can handle; i really enjoy when someone can [successfully] make a game using RPGMVX that doesnt contain any of the major rpg elements like monster battles, etc. I'll actually be trying something similar myself pretty soon, in which the player's level cap is 10 and every monster is only worth 1 experience point.

anyway, this is your forum, not mine xD tomorrow is my day off, so ill for sure download. i like to give play by play feedback, so ill type some stuff out as i play it and give you a little mini-report if youd like; its just my style haha

--------------------
I Support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

CPLSeraphim
post Jan 16 2012, 11:30 AM
Post #9

CPLSerphim
Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Well, im going to play. going to see about this four hour thing. lol.

--------------------

The Digimon Revoltion

+Quote Post

smoothrico
post Jan 16 2012, 11:49 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

QUOTE (Oopsifarted @ Jan 15 2012, 02:12 AM) *
Awesome! Yeah, I'm the same with my computer, it keeps freezing and stuffing up too.

By the way, if you're up for it, here's what I'd like you to do. When you play my game, see if you can finish it in less than 4 hours. That's the record so far for quickest time tongue.gif if you beat this time, or if anyone does in fact, I'll feature you exclusively in my game as a special character. That's just for fun though, your choice if you want to try this challenge. thanks again, and I wish you the best of luck with The Second Dimension

wow we even have the same type of personal challenge for our games

--------------------

unknown

unknown

+Quote Post

CPLSeraphim
post Jan 17 2012, 01:29 AM
Post #11

CPLSerphim
Group Icon

Having a wierd issue with the download. It is saying that there is a virus or something (Nothing Specific, just something bad) and just terminates the download...

--------------------

The Digimon Revoltion

+Quote Post

Oopsifarted
post Jan 17 2012, 01:07 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

Thanks so much for all the positive feedback guys! I can't believe you all like challenges as much as I do ohmy.gif this should be interesting to see if there are any really talented gamers out there who can beat the current record.

Now, cpl, what is happening with the download? Is there a message popping up or something? Has anyone else had this problem?

I'm really trying hard to control problems like this for you guys. Thanks for your continued support and feel free to leave your opinions and reviews on the Second Dimension. They mean a lot to me smile.gif

+Quote Post

CPLSeraphim
post Jan 21 2012, 09:36 AM
Post #13

CPLSerphim
Group Icon

Problem has been simple, and rather silly. Less than 5 people with Norton has downloaded the game, so I can't play because Nortons is afrasid that, with it downloaded by so few Norton users, that it must be dangerous...

Although, then how does any program get permission by Norton to be downloaded???

Sorry for the scare, turns out it was my internet security program sad.gif

--------------------

The Digimon Revoltion

+Quote Post

Nikco
post Jan 22 2012, 10:41 PM
Post #14

Oh no, not this guy again
Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: True Neutral

When I try to unpack, it freezes when it reaches the Game.rgss2a file. When extracting using 7zip, it says that Game.rgss2a is corrupted, and the game refuses to play.
Help? I think I would really enjoy this game!

+Quote Post

Oopsifarted
post Jan 23 2012, 07:05 AM
Post #15

Group Icon

ohmy.gif Does anyone know what's happening? I worked so hard on this game and now it has all these errors!

+Quote Post

Nikco
post Jan 26 2012, 03:05 PM
Post #16

Oh no, not this guy again
Group Icon

Alignment: True Neutral

My guess is that something got messed up at some point, either when you compressed the game data, or when you uploaded it to mediafire. Try making a new installer, and test it on another computer yourself (if you have one).

+Quote Post

Sammie
post Mar 5 2012, 05:20 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

QUOTE (Nikco @ Jan 22 2012, 03:41 PM) *
When I try to unpack, it freezes when it reaches the Game.rgss2a file. When extracting using 7zip, it says that Game.rgss2a is corrupted, and the game refuses to play.
Help? I think I would really enjoy this game!

Me too. It also refuses to be deleted. mad.gif

+Quote Post

KaiserKami
post Mar 5 2012, 06:18 PM
Post #18

Snake Eater
Group Icon

Alignment: Neutral Good

Seeing the graveyard, house, and other things I had a feeling that the Ao Oni was gonna make some type of cameo within the game to scare the living heck out of the player, because what kind of nightmare does not have the most basic rule, to be the mare of the night? Fear, terror, anxiety, and creepy atmosphere. I will try this game out and hopefully it will keep me busy ^3^.

--------------------
"Yo pops, I'll have the stupid special."
(What makes a hero?)
(Man's desire is a curse.)
(All crave for fortune.)

+Quote Post

13thSyndicate
post Mar 21 2012, 11:59 PM
Post #19

Group Icon

QUOTE (Sammie @ Mar 5 2012, 01:20 PM) *
Me too. It also refuses to be deleted. mad.gif

The deletion thing is an issue with WIndows not clearing out the process; go to Task Manager and click the Performance tab, then Resource Monitor. Find the Second Dimension installer process and delete it.

However, I'm also having this problem. Redownloading to see if that helps.

+Quote Post

Neko-neko sama
post Oct 24 2012, 09:39 AM
Post #20

Group Icon

Type: Artist
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Wow! Your description about this rpg game makes me thrilled and excited! Gonna download and play right away biggrin.gif

--------------------
I seek for peace in the raging war of the darkness though I know it will never end...
I despair in the darkness so none shall see over my unending sadness....
I would never want to wake up from a nightmare, because the true nightmare starts after waking up...
I would rather want to be called a cold hearted man than to be called a man with great despair...
I would rather forget everything than to remember every pain and every sorrows in my past...
The heart is the place where you get trapped in, the heart is the place where you will never be relieved of pain....

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 01:55 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.