iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

> 

This forum is for recruiting for games in development. Please do not post threads about games being made here.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Herocraft! It needs you :3, [map: Parallax] [art:All] [oth:Beta Testing] [oth:Writer]
Titanhex
post Jan 15 2012, 03:05 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Lawful Good

I'm developing a Social Sim game for those who want to see a bit of a break from the hardcore RPG design. The project is slightly ambitious, as I would like to show off my game design skills to a professional audience. I've put a LOT of effort into the game so far, and would like to see that effort picked up in areas I lack expertise in.

The Project Development Thread can be found here, detailing the game:
http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=52589

I've seen parallax mapping, and would love to have the maps I've done parallaxed so they're less square, and more aesthetically pleasing. I can even edit the parallax set you use to make it fit in with seasonal transitions.
I've done a lot of maps in the traditional RMVX style. I don't have a lot of time to spend with parallax, as my focus right now is implementing functions and gameplay. I have done a lot of tileset modding to make sure my game offers something unique though, and have begun parallaxing some of my maps.
I will provide you with detailed diagrams and writing so you know what you're doing at every stage of the parallaxing, and aren't forced to stare at the map thinking "What's next?"
I will also be available 24/7 to answer questions.
I have Photoshop/GIMP so I can assist with the Parallaxing easily when need be.
I know how to parallax myself, so I can be of help to those who help me. :3
I also know how to modify tilesets easily, and can do so to get you something you need.
Currently I use Celianna and Lunarea's Parallax set with some Ying foliage.
I also use Mack where Celianna and Lunarea's stuff ends.

I would also love an artist. Be it spriter, tileset editor, or full character or faceset drawer. As long as you can draw consistently I can use you.
A large number of NPCs are being created, and Faces or Busts would be useful.
As well, I could also use the help with modifying sprites and tilesets.

My primary writer has disappeared on me, unfortunately. I assume his life has become too busy. He will retain his position for the life of the project though, as he's been loyal to it. However because he's not here to produce content, I need a writer who can do some dialogue in his stead. There is a lot of dialogue to write for many NPCs. There's many NPCs to be created as well, and some content to be produced and written for, along with a few mini-plots.

As this game has no commercial plans, I'm not seeking commissioned workers. If the game does, for whatever reason, change that plan you will be paid for your work. I think if enough talented people work on this project it will see itself placed out for commercial sale. But at present the game is mainly to show off talents to potential employers in the game industry. (And is one of many engines I use to achieve this goal)

I wanted to point out that this game has been going for a while. It's RRR thread can be found here, and a engine demo is due to be released in the next couple days.
http://www.rpgrevolution.com/forums/index....showtopic=51145

This post has been edited by Titanhex: Jan 16 2012, 08:20 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Titanhex
post Mar 15 2012, 06:39 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Lawful Good

Herocraft is now looking for a second writer. You'll be working alongside WanderingWordsmith. The details are as follows:

For now, the writer we take on will be partially responsible for the creation of Herocraft's NPCs. Each NPC will require a short profile detailing aspects of their character. Once that's done - eventually - we'll discuss the writer's role in other aspects of the game; namely dialogue trees, quest responses, dating scenarios etc.

Thanks for any and all interest in recruitment :3

+Quote Post

Irene92
post Mar 17 2012, 01:49 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed
Alignment: True Neutral

I'm interested on this project. I guess I could be the second writer you're looking for.

+Quote Post

KaiserKami
post Mar 17 2012, 01:56 PM
Post #4

Snake Eater
Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Neutral Good

I would like to help out with your project. At first Herocraft sounded like a RPG Maker version of Minecraft and I was like; "dude if you complete this then you have made an amazing game worthy of pernament downloads".

--------------------
"Yo pops, I'll have the stupid special."
(What makes a hero?)
(Man's desire is a curse.)
(All crave for fortune.)

+Quote Post

Vindication
post May 5 2012, 06:51 AM
Post #5

If my awesomeness was a sound,it'll make people deaf.
Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Still looking for ppl? If so I can do some parallax mapping. happy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd September 2014 - 03:25 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.