iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Modern Algebra's Quest Journal 2.1 script., Compicated.
Dorian's World
post Jan 16 2012, 07:49 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Hello. I am fairly new to scripting to be honest, but I can change a few things around a script if I have enough understanding. I can't help feeling this is the wrong section though...

Does anyone use this script? I understand he made it as clear as possible with the instructions, but I am giving myself a headache trying to figure out this entire thing. For starters, I don't know where to begin. I have read all of the instructions, but I still know nothing.

To start, how about we settle for making a first quest. Killing a slime. I do not know how to do any of this, I'm sorry, so can someone tell me in pm or post it on how to make a simple quest like this?

Much appreciated if you're going to help me on this smile.gif.When explaining, we can go over it step by step through pm, which I prefer, or you can give the instructions in one post or pm. If you're going to do the second option, explain it in great detail please so I won't ask that many questions.

If you help me out on this, I'l give credit when my game is done. I am only 16 unsure.gif so... I am obviously not experienced in this area, although I'm a fast learner, however I lack common sense. Be patient with me please, and thanks! biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Dorian's World: Jan 16 2012, 07:55 AM

--------------------
How do variables work again...? -.-
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

IXFURU
post Jan 17 2012, 02:21 PM
Post #2

just a nut trying to keep away the squirrels
Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed
Alignment: Lawful Evil

I use this script. I would say that you just download the DEMO and study it. That's the best way. If you're looking for something easy to set up, this is certainly not the script to start with. I'm pretty sure there's a demo out there, and I believe there may even be an app which helps you set up quests. (I think I heard that somewhere). Anyway, just keep reading the instructions over and over again. Set up a quest and playtest. Keep doing that and you'll eventually get the hang of it. If you have specific questions, I'll try to help. But if you haven't even begun, then it's probably safe to assume you need to study a bit more. Good luck.

--------------------

To Support:

Spoiler:
CODE
[url="http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=57406"][img]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b38/Dwiguitar/TheFinishLineUserBar_zps63f6f475.png[/img][/url]

I support:

Spoiler:

I actually won something...Can you believe that?!

Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Dorian's World
post Jan 18 2012, 04:15 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Chaotic Good

I'll do that then and keep you in mind. Thanks!

--------------------
How do variables work again...? -.-

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 07:43 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.