iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The number #1 problem with some video games..., Drives me nuts ._.
Dorian's World
post Jan 16 2012, 06:37 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Most games today have a multiplayer feature.

Now some of those games are great and fun to play in multiplayer. You want to play Wi-Fi. Turns out, you're restricted to local multiplayer. THERE IS NO WI-FI.

This really is a problem. I understand that most of these games are made in Japan(Btw, how can such a small country make SO MANY GAMES?), and that people often run into each other who have the same game, but at least make it a feature! I can tolerate a little lag if it means Wi-Fi. Who's with me on this?

--------------------
How do variables work again...? -.-
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

sabao
post Jan 16 2012, 07:31 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

What games are these? I only just recently bought a PS3, but all of the games I've played that have multiplayer do have online support. ohmy.gif

If anything, I miss local multiplayer more. For some reason, CoD:Black Ops only allows up to two players on Local Zombies when the PC version allowed a maximum of four on LAN. Zombies is a bitch with just two people.

Oh, and I miss actually talking smack to someone's face when playing games.

This post has been edited by sabao: Jan 16 2012, 07:33 PM

--------------------
I support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Frousteleous
post Jan 16 2012, 08:01 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Something to think about: look at the size of the US on a map and its population. look at the size of japan and its population. in china and japan, its not considered rude to literally bump or un into someone...because it happens SO danged often. japan's youth is actually a LOT more video game-oriented than ours. almost everyone plays videogames there, even a lot of the adults; see their wii commercials.

i can LEVEL with you, but i also realize its all due to localization; i got dragon quest 9: sentinels of the starry skies RIGHT when it came out... it has the feature to keep a wifi on while you close your ds, so that if you pass someone who has the same feature turned on, their character will visit a specific hotel in the game. unfortunately, ive yet to meet a single individual who a) has this game or b)is carrying a ds in their pocket thats turned on with wifi, wasting power. in japan, however, just by simply getting on the train and riding to work for an hour, you're garunteed 10 - 30 players visiting..

so, there's also so many people that they dont need to fill up a bunch of internet badwidth with multiplayer games; you're GOING to meet strangers on the bus and train on the way to work who are playing a ds game, and chances are: if its a new game, theyre gonna have it, too. exchange friend codes, and blam.

This post has been edited by Frousteleous: Jan 16 2012, 08:03 PM

--------------------
I Support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Dorian's World
post Jan 16 2012, 10:51 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Good

QUOTE (sabao @ Jan 16 2012, 11:31 AM) *
What games are these? I only just recently bought a PS3, but all of the games I've played that have multiplayer do have online support. ohmy.gif

If anything, I miss local multiplayer more. For some reason, CoD:Black Ops only allows up to two players on Local Zombies when the PC version allowed a maximum of four on LAN. Zombies is a bitch with just two people.

Oh, and I miss actually talking smack to someone's face when playing games.

I'm talking about the portable systems, such as the DS or PSP. Most of those games are made in Japan, and Frosteleous is right, the U.S. is huge. It still should be a feature though...

--------------------
How do variables work again...? -.-

+Quote Post

Frousteleous
post Jan 16 2012, 10:55 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

again: though it "should" be a feature, it may never be... most importantly, it's all about localization. there are a large number of gamers in a smaller area THERE as compared to our larger area with even the same amouth of gamers doesnt get us as far. plus, the ds is starting to outdate it self with the dsi and 3ds. there are less and less actually good games coming out for any of the 3. hell, i still choose most game cube games over wii games haha.

--------------------
I Support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Sasayaki
post Jan 16 2012, 11:11 PM
Post #6

Beatliest Otaku owo
Group Icon

Alignment: Neutral Good

Its not really a "Small Counrtey" Lol.
But yeah i agree. It makes me mad to. XD

--------------------

+Quote Post

Frousteleous
post Jan 17 2012, 03:33 AM
Post #7

Group Icon

lol, my typing and texting have been a bit off the past few days xD

and im saying it's small in compariosn to ours, and compared to its population. japan could fit inside california and oregon, and MAYBE washington.

--------------------
I Support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 10:54 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.