iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

The 2nd Quarter Contest has arrived! Go check it out in the Community Announcements now!

> Note for Tutorial Threads

New threads (tutorials) here will go into a moderation queue. You will not see your thread appear when you create it. A moderator will decide if it will be approved or denied.

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> [-Graphics-] Parallax Mapping Tutorial 1: Forests, The first in many to come of tutorials in parallaxing!
Project667
post Mar 30 2012, 09:36 PM
Post #21

Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Oh its coming in handy alright! smile.gif Just a pity that my social life is starting to deteriorate even more.. xP Meh, still worth the extra time mapping

--------------------
Does this work in flash?

For making games, I use:
Spoiler:
Adobe Flash
Stencyl
RPG Maker VX (Quiet like it, need more experience.)
Unreal Engine 3
Unity 3d
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Aya_Vectra
post Apr 1 2012, 02:47 PM
Post #22

star ocean otaku
Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Unaligned

This tutorial was wonderful! I love the tip about changing the hue of the trees-- it really helps!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Tigergirl7707
post Jul 27 2012, 02:55 PM
Post #23

Group Icon

This is really helpful! Though when I try and use Omega's script for copying a large map, after I've made everything like it says on the script, when I go in, it doesn't do anything. The character can't move, like there's an event going on, but it doesn't scroll like they said or really do anything. I would have put the question on the other thread but it's closed.

So can someone here who's used it tell me what's wrong? I got confused on the part that said "Go to the event's second page, put as condition self-switch A"

Also, if I erase the event at the end, I can move around like the event is over. So I honestly have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

If anyone can help me thanks, and I'm new to the website, though not to rpg maker, and I don't really know if I'm allowed to ask questions like this. If there's some other place I can ask this question, please tell me, thanks!

+Quote Post

new
post Nov 1 2012, 01:29 AM
Post #24

Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Evil

so that's how its made :3

--------------------
download here
(Ask before using a bar from someone's sig -Touchfuzzy)

+Quote Post

Primact
post Dec 16 2012, 09:27 AM
Post #25

Group Icon

Hi & thanks for the great tutorial, helped me out a bunch!

maybe a stupid question but here goes tongue.gif

Why do you do the last part, the overlay effect? You say this is the most difficult part, but i don't see why it's necessary.
If you just save that forest to a png file, you could use it as a parallax, no? smile.gif

The answer might be obvious, but i just don't see the necessity of the last part.

Tnx in advance

Primact

+Quote Post

Manaphy
post Feb 3 2013, 09:05 PM
Post #26

Group Icon

Alignment: Lawful Evil

Great tutorial!! Parallax mapping is alot of fun!

Here's my first map made with your tutorial, do you like it?

(Credits to Celianna for tilesets of course)

--------------------

"In this world, whenever there is light, there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exist, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars and hatred is born to protect love."

+Quote Post

Johnny0798
post Feb 3 2013, 09:13 PM
Post #27

If you're reading THIS, you're not reading THIS.
Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed
Alignment: Neutral Good

That's pretty good! smile.gif
Unfortunately, Luneth is inactive since November. sad.gif
That's bad, because this is an awesome tutorial!
Makes me want to start parallax mapping! If only I had the patience to do it! tongue.gif

--------------------
My Works:

I have to make another support bar for my VX project, but while there isn't one, come here.
My script, Improved Window_Status. I should make a bar for it too!

- Join Deb, Mace, Akod, Johnny and Sketcy in the quest to uncover the secrets of the Yggdrasil Labyrinth!

I support:

- I ORDER you to play this!

Open the spoiler if you're new to the forum:
Spoiler:
Before everything, read the Forum's Rules.

Make an introduction of yourself here! Don't be shy! We don't bite! At least, I don't!

If you have problems with Switches, Variables or anything else related to events, take a look at Aindra's RPG Maker VX School, the best tutorial ever! Download the Practice Events to test your eventing skills!

Post projects made in RPG Maker VX here! Read the Rules and Guidelines before posting! Projects on any other program come here. Be sure to play other people's games too.

Check out our resources here! Request resources here. Make sure you read this and this before requesting!

Have any troubles using VX? Ask for help here! Read this, this and this before asking for help.

Get scripts for your game here! Don't say "Your script gives me an error saying "superclass mismatch"! What do I do?". If this happens, you're using VX Ace, and there's no other way around this than requesting it to be converted to RGSS3 here.

Request scripts for VX, and ONLY VX, here! If you have trouble using a script, ask for help here.

If you're working too much on your projects, take a rest here and here!

Do you use RPG Maker VX Ace Lite? Come to the brand-new Ace Lite section found here! I just don't know why is there a scripting section inside it, as Ace Lite has no scripting support, from what I've heard.

Well, I think that's all. If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask, like I am!

+Quote Post

Manaphy
post Feb 4 2013, 12:25 AM
Post #28

Group Icon

For some reason I thought the last post said January 16th, not December. My bad.

This post has been edited by Manaphy: Feb 4 2013, 12:25 AM

--------------------

"In this world, whenever there is light, there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exist, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars and hatred is born to protect love."

+Quote Post

The Lost And Fal...
post Feb 4 2013, 12:54 PM
Post #29

Group Icon

I know Luneth may not be online anymore but maybe you guys can help!
When i put in the parallex map everything looks fine but when I'm walking around the parallex map seems to move slower than the actual character.
does anyone know how to fix this or what i did wrong?

+Quote Post

Manaphy
post Feb 4 2013, 07:18 PM
Post #30

Group Icon

QUOTE (The Lost And Fallen @ Feb 4 2013, 07:54 AM) *
I know Luneth may not be online anymore but maybe you guys can help!
When i put in the parallex map everything looks fine but when I'm walking around the parallex map seems to move slower than the actual character.
does anyone know how to fix this or what i did wrong?

Make sure you have Originalwij's fixed picture script and put [FIXED] at the beginning of the name of your parallax image.

--------------------

+Quote Post

The Lost And Fal...
post Feb 4 2013, 07:24 PM
Post #31

Group Icon

QUOTE (Manaphy @ Feb 4 2013, 08:18 PM) *
Make sure you have Originalwij's fixed picture script and put [FIXED] at the beginning of the name of your parallax image.

Oke maybee that is the mistake i am making.
i putted fixed in front of the image that has to come on top of the player but you need put it in frond of the "ground" image.
thanks for the reply!

+Quote Post

The Lost And Fal...
post Feb 8 2013, 11:11 PM
Post #32

Group Icon

QUOTE (The Lost And Fallen @ Feb 4 2013, 08:24 PM) *
Oke maybee that is the mistake i am making.
i putted fixed in front of the image that has to come on top of the player but you need put it in frond of the "ground" image.
thanks for the reply!

I tried what you told me to do but it still doesn't work...
I really don't unnderstand what I'm doing wrong..
could the map size be to big? It is 25x19 in rpg maker... but it does fit in the 1:1 view.

+Quote Post

Akod
post Feb 8 2013, 11:14 PM
Post #33

Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Please make a thread in the support section instead of using this tutorial thread if you are having issues.

--------------------

Having issues eventing something? Feel free to send me a message and I will see what I can do!

I Support
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Luneth
post Feb 15 2013, 02:54 PM
Post #34

Hero of Light
Group Icon

Type: Artist
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Hey guys, I'm so sorry that I have been inactive, my laptop died a couple of weeks back and I have not been able to afford a new one. Anyway, Manaphy, that is beautiful! Primact, the overlay is for the picture that is over the map, for both the trees and the fog, if you so wish to use it. Technically, you don't have to, but to add atmosphere I would highly recommend it. I'm sorry again guys, I hope I can get a new laptop quickly, so I can become an active member again. Anyway, if you guys are still unsure, PM me and I'll get to it when I'm at my parents house or in the school library, but I can't guarantee that it will be quick. Sorry again guys!

--------------------
V CLICK THIS FOR AWSOME PICTURE V
Spoiler:
You know Lightning is awsome ;)

Spoiler:

That's right ~desu

I support:
Spoiler:
Games:

Tutorials:

Other:

My thing(s):
Spoiler:

My Project:

My Project Development Blog:
http://heroesofyoreproductions.wordpress.com

If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig!

+Quote Post

Primact
post Apr 23 2013, 07:10 AM
Post #35

Group Icon

Hi! Tnx for the reply (:

I finally created a map indirectly using this tutorial. Some people thought this map looked bad, others were impressed.

Please comment away & give hints! I'd like to become as good as possible at parallax mapping.

For example: How should i create a softer border between trail and grass? The border seems so unnatural smile.gif

Tnx in advance!

This post has been edited by Primact: Apr 23 2013, 08:34 AM

+Quote Post

Shanghai_Alice
post Jul 1 2013, 02:49 AM
Post #36

Group Icon

Type: Spriter
Alignment: Lawful Good

Haha, this topic is somewhat old now, but this really helped me! Thank you!

+Quote Post

AnnTenna
post Jul 12 2013, 03:15 PM
Post #37

Group Icon

I really like your tutorial. happy.gif And I'm telling you big "thank you" for it! wub.gif
Please, check the PM, I would like to ask you something about.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 12:28 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.