iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mass Effect 3 Kinect Functionality, What a stupid gimick!
Obrusnine
post Jan 18 2012, 11:44 PM
Post #1

Writer and Soon Programmer!
Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Neutral Good

Now, as most Mass Effect 3 fans should know by now, Mass Effect 3 on the Xbox platform will be receiving a Kinect

This Kinect functionality thing is stupid. It's completely voice based, and it's just there to increase Microsoft's sales of Kinect.

It really angers me because it steals a feature that can be used on any other platform to great effect. I usually trust that Bioware will make sure all of us have an equal experience, but making this feature exclusive to Kinect is selfish company bullshit.

I say all of this because the voice command seems like it makes strategic control over your party much easier.

I'm a PS3 gamer, and a PC gamer. Making such a feature that could be totally used without Kinect, and doesn't even make use of any Kinect specific functions, pisses me off. This should be available to all of us. Not to mention to Xbox gamers that just have microphones. Seriously, if I hated Microsoft before (which I did) then I hate it even more now.

What are your thoughts on this stupidity?

--------------------
I Am the Project Leader (Lead Writer, Lead Designer) of

Please click this userbar and see if you can lend some valuable insight to the project. Or even join if you can help out with the massive amount of mapping that will be required in this game!

I Am the Lead Writer of...

Various things...
Spoiler:
Various Sayings...
  • The enemy of my enemy is my friend
  • At the end of an infinite road, you will find more road.
  • More to add as I come up with them...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Revival
post Jan 20 2012, 03:38 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Type: Artist
Alignment: Lawful Evil

QUOTE (Obrusnine @ Jan 19 2012, 12:44 AM) *
Now, as most Mass Effect 3 fans should know by now, Mass Effect 3 on the Xbox platform will be receiving a Kinect

This Kinect functionality thing is stupid. It's completely voice based, and it's just there to increase Microsoft's sales of Kinect.

It really angers me because it steals a feature that can be used on any other platform to great effect. I usually trust that Bioware will make sure all of us have an equal experience, but making this feature exclusive to Kinect is selfish company bullshit.

I say all of this because the voice command seems like it makes strategic control over your party much easier.

I'm a PS3 gamer, and a PC gamer. Making such a feature that could be totally used without Kinect, and doesn't even make use of any Kinect specific functions, pisses me off. This should be available to all of us. Not to mention to Xbox gamers that just have microphones. Seriously, if I hated Microsoft before (which I did) then I hate it even more now.

What are your thoughts on this stupidity?

Well I guess this answers the pm I sent you, I agree, screw Kinect... it's just like ps move, a ripoff of wii, which also sucks... "interactivity" has changed too much, what happened to good old fashioned controllers?? not something you have to do gymnastics to play??? However I don't think Kinect will be an advantage for them, it'll probably more of a troublemaker than life saver for the xboxers, ps3 had easy squad control, left and right to position then power wheel away tongue.gif Let MS play their little games for profit, we all know Japan is dominant in the gaming industry, somehow Wii sold more consoles than PS3 and Xbox combined sleep.gif

Anyway, I already perordered the Collector's Edition at Gamestop for PS3, 90 bucks well spent, I'm unable to contain my excitement so if you'll be playing this on PS3, add me: lagrue

I guess it's gonna have multiplayer so it's essential I find other players who enjoy the game before it's too late (none of my friends have ps3, so screw them)

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 03:21 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.