iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

> Note for Early Project Feedback Threads

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Final Fantasy A6: CATHARSIS, More screenies and free-to-use battlebacks added on post #20
farhankhan
post Jan 19 2012, 05:49 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Quick note: Final Fantasy is only the inspiration for this project; please forgive if me if my game doesn't follow the story-line of a real final fantasy game because I've never actually played one smile.gif Thanks guys, I'd love your feedback.

Oh and I'm not posting a demo til Ace comes out in my country and I buy it, as I am using some Ace graphics. So please be patient til then smile.gif

In your world, you measure the passing of time by days, weeks, years. In our world, we do not use such conventions. Rather, we look to the stars for guidance. Every three hundred of your years, a new constellation aligns itself directly above the Celestial Spire; a monolithic structure at the heart of our nation. The current constellation is Garlan, hence, we are currently amidst the Garlan Cycle. Easy, huh?

There are a mere twenty-nine days remaining until a new constellation aligns itself above the Celestial Spire; how excited I am! The festivities shall be grand! The Garlan Cycle will shift into the Centurion Cycle, and as folklore tells us, those who are alive to witness this the turn of the cycle will be forever blessed by the Gods of the Stars.

However, even in this joyous time, an event of cataclysmic proportions lurks just beyond the horizon. An event that would threaten the lives of each and every individual in our world.

Ancient legend speaks of a terrible curse, placed upon our land by the very creators of it. The Gods of the Stars were infuriated at the way in which evil manifested itself within the hearts of their creation. So they devised a plot; the likes of which ensured that our world would never be overcome by the macabre forces of darkness.

They devised the Catharsis.

Characters
Spoiler:

'Hero' von Balthier (You'll choose his name)
Prior to the recent death of his brother, the sole remaining member of his family, Hiro underwent immense emotional trauma; from a timid, curious child, Hiro had prematurely developed into a withdrawn, secluded young adult. Obsessed by his occupation as a self-employed mercenary, Hiro offers little attention to emotion or human interaction. Remarkably, as a result of this drive, Hiro was quick to secure his position among the finest mercenaries in the land at the mere age of nineteen. Notoriously reputed a lone wolf, Hiro is initially reluctant to accept an offer from the mercenary guild STORM. However, this was no ordinary offer; it promised an estate, a position in one of the finest guilds in the nation and reaches beyond measure. How could turn down an offer like this? More importantly, what kind of mission could warrant a reward of such magnificence?

Mikel von Balthier
An adventurous and outspoken individual, Mikel was not one to shy from a challenge. A naturally talented individual, Mikel would complete B-rank mercenary jobs with little difficulty; his earnings going towards feeding himself and his younger brother, Hiro. He would often allow Hiro to accompany him on his jobs, so that Hiro would attain some experience of his own. One fateful day, Mikel promoted and assigned an A-rank mission; it was a cause of immense joy for him, but out of concern for Hiro's safety, Mikel forbade Hiro's accompaniment on this job. Little did he know, Hiro followed him regardless; an innocent act of curiosity that would ultimately lead to Mikel's untimely demise.

Leon Falkenberg
Assigned by the STORM mercenary group as Hiro's guide to the city of Avernis and the operations of the guild, Leon is a skilled warrior who is among STORM's elite operatives. He is, however, intensely jealous of STORM's selection of Hiro over himself as the one to carry out what they have labelled, 'the most important job in the history of the guild'. Leon makes no secret of his loathing of Hiro, constantly making snide remarks and employing a mocking, sarcastic tone whenever speaking to him.

Lian Yeung
Employed by STORM as Hiro's housekeeper and assistant. She appears klutzy and uncoordinated, but at the same time, very kind, and pragmatic. However, Lian is not what she seems; Lian conceals a terrible secret; the likes of which will impact the entire course of Hiro's adventure.

Screenshots
Spoiler:

Menues and Features
Spoiler:

Some Maps
Spoiler:

Features
Spoiler:
  • Huge open world with intricate mappings and elaborate secrets. Want to take a break from the main story? Sure! Go exploring, find glyphs, find secret bunkers, raid temples, explore forests, sail to remote islands; it's all up to you.
  • Engaging, unique quests, such as espionage and races to keep you on the edge.
  • Lockpick houses and chests to acquire unique rewards.
  • Build your characters EXACTLY how you want! Buy new mercenaries, follow the path you desire on unique class based skill trees, purchase new skills and fuse skills together to devastate your foes!
  • Move into a home that actually feels like home! Scour the world and collect unique articles of furniture, to decorate your room. As you purchase new mercenaries, they move in with you!
  • Epic skill types including Were-forms and cinematic-ally engrossing summons!
  • Play through an intricately planned story that will not only be emotionally satisfying, but will include plot twists that will blow your mind!

Credits
Spoiler:

Scripts: MOGHunter, Selacious, Syvkal, KGC, Mr. Anonymous, modern algebra, Enu, Kylock, Mr. Bubble, Shu, trebor777, ziifee, Star, Leongon, Woratana, Hanzo Kimura, BulletXT, Ccoa, Falcao, SojaBird, Synthesize, OriginalWj, Sky, Omega, Deity,

Graphics: Enterbrain, Mack, Celianna, Lunarea, Hanzo Kimura

Note: I'm sorry I can't remember where I got my trees sad.gif I'd hate to not mention the creator so of you know who made them please let me know.

Would you like to support this project? Then please place this banner in your signature!

CODE
[url="http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=52845"][img]http://i1053.photobucket.com/albums/s478/ss_24/cathsupport.png [/img][/url]

This post has been edited by farhankhan: Jan 28 2012, 03:58 PM

--------------------

Proudly Supporting:

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

farhankhan
post Jan 26 2012, 04:03 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Reserving this post. Thanks for approving the thread.

--------------------

Proudly Supporting:

+Quote Post

ryguy60
post Jan 26 2012, 04:19 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: True Neutral

WHOA! This looks FANTASTIC! Excellent work on the mapping and menus. This is actually the first VX ACE game that I have seen. Please tell how you made those great Menu screens!

Edit: After reading more I guess this isnt ace just Ace graphics. Still great work though!

This post has been edited by ryguy60: Jan 26 2012, 05:40 AM

--------------------
I Support:
Spoiler:

Check out my project at www.facebook.com/echoesofeternia

+Quote Post

fmstwre
post Jan 26 2012, 05:42 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

Alignment: Lawful Good

Not gonna lie, what really made this feel bland was the name. Anything with the name 'Final Fantasy' in it's title immediately reeks of a fan-made FF. When I glanced over and then started reading more in detail I noticed how wrong I was, The way you set up the world is genuinely interesting, and your characters and maps are impressive. The only advice I have would be to change the name and remove 'Final Fantasy' so people don't just view this is another fan made Final Fantasy, and glance over an otherwise interesting tale. Hey, in the end it's just a name, so no big deal. Best of luck,

--------------------

+Quote Post

farhankhan
post Jan 26 2012, 06:19 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

@ryguy: Thanks buddy! But this game is made with vx, I was gonna switch to Ace but I think I've developed it a bit too much to start over smile.gif Oh btw look for the mog/sel menu script on the master script list.

@CrimsonItsuki: I see exactly where you're coming from, but pretty much all the game art already has that name on it sleep.gif Thanks for the crit though, and your kind comments are much appreciated biggrin.gif

New update for you guys! Some new maps, 2 new dungeons including a temple and a prison, crafting system implemented, woodcutting and herb picking system implemented and a few new quests. I've included some screenshots of some of the features.

This post has been edited by farhankhan: Jan 26 2012, 06:20 AM

--------------------

Proudly Supporting:

+Quote Post

EvilEagles
post Jan 26 2012, 07:39 AM
Post #6

Viva La Revolución!
Group Icon

Alignment: Unaligned

Wow wow wow, you've got real MADZ Photoshop skills there happy.gif plus the fact that you even KNOW what you're doing. Everything from maps (structures, details, light, etc ... Man, Celianna and Mack's tiles are so fantastic) to menu design (colors blending well) are looking awesome. Though I can recognize some stuff from VS:ER tongue.gif

Another plus is that it's widescreen XD I love widescreen XD

Looking forward to hearing more updates from you. Keep it up man! *thumbsup.jpg*

+Quote Post

Deathwyvern
post Jan 26 2012, 07:54 AM
Post #7

No idea what is going on.
Group Icon

Project looks amazing, I'd suggest dropping the Final Fantasy title though. Especially if you've never played one and it isn't going to have anything to do with any of the games. Looks like it could do well with it's own unique name, instead of running off of the FF name.

+Quote Post

Kaimi
post Jan 26 2012, 12:51 PM
Post #8

RPGMakerVX.net's official Seranille lover
Group Icon

Alignment: Lawful Good

I can't wait to play! Everything's shiny and sexy!
And story seems to be quite engaging! I hope I'll dive with my entire heart into it!

How do you govern that eyegasmic map name HUD? You use picture for this which shows on map or is it some kind of a script?

--------------------

Thanks to Kaviator for the signature

My resources
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

farhankhan
post Jan 26 2012, 01:56 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

@EvilEagles: Thank you very much! Celianna and Mack's graphics are superb, aren't they smile.gif

@Deathwyvern: Thanks a lot smile.gif It won't have absolutely nothing to do with FF (I'll have common races like moogles, some common items, common summons), but yes I see where you're coming from. Unfortunately it's a little late in development to edit the title but thanks for the suggestion anyway.

@Kaimi: Thanks, I hope you stick around for updates. And try this:
Spoiler:

CODE
#_______________________________________________________________________________
# MOG_Location_Name_VX V1.0            
#_______________________________________________________________________________
# By Moghunter      
# http://www.atelier-rgss.com
# Apresenta uma janela com o nome do map.
# � necess�rio ter uma imagem com o nome de  MAPNAME
# dentro da pasta Graphics/System.
module MOG
#Font Name.
MPFONT = "Georgia"
#Fade ON/OFF(True - False).
MPNMFD = true
#Fade Time.
MPNMTM = 10
#Window Position.
# 0 = Upper Left.
# 1 = Lower Left.
# 2 = Upper Right.
# 3 = Lower Right.
MPNMPS = 2
# Disable Switch(ID).
WM_SWITCH_VIS_DISABLE = 15
end
#_________________________________________________
###############
# Game_System #
###############
class Game_System
attr_accessor :fdtm
attr_accessor :mpnm_x
attr_accessor :mpnm_y
alias mog_vx06_initialize initialize
def initialize
mog_vx06_initialize
@fdtm = 255 + 40 * MOG::MPNMTM
if MOG::MPNMPS == 0
@mpnm_x = -300
@mpnm_y = 0
elsif MOG::MPNMPS == 1
@mpnm_x = -300
@mpnm_y = 320
elsif MOG::MPNMPS == 2
@mpnm_x = 640
@mpnm_y = 0
else
@mpnm_x = 640
@mpnm_y = 320
end  
end
def mpnm_x
return @mpnm_x
end
def mpnm_y
return @mpnm_y
end
def fdtm
if @fdtm <= 0
@fdtm = 0
end
return @fdtm
end
end
############
# Game_Map #
############
class Game_Map
attr_reader   :map_id  
def mpname
$mpname = load_data("Data/MapInfos.rvdata")
$mpname[@map_id].name
end
end
###############
# Window Base #
###############
class Window_Base < Window
def nd_mapic
mapic = Cache.system("")    
end  
def draw_mpname(x,y)
mapic = Cache.system("Mpname") rescue nd_mapic  
cw = mapic.width  
ch = mapic.height
src_rect = Rect.new(0, 0, cw, ch)
self.contents.blt(x , y - ch + 65, mapic, src_rect)
self.contents.font.name = MOG::MPFONT
self.contents.font.size = 22
self.contents.font.bold = true
self.contents.font.shadow = true
self.contents.font.color = Color.new(0,0,0,255)
self.contents.draw_text(x + 76, y + 27, 110, 32, $game_map.mpname.to_s,1)
self.contents.font.color = Color.new(255,255,255,255)
self.contents.draw_text(x + 75, y + 26, 110, 32, $game_map.mpname.to_s,1)
end
end
##########
# Mpname #
##########
class Mpname < Window_Base
def initialize(x , y)
super($game_system.mpnm_x, $game_system.mpnm_y, 250, WLH + 70)
self.opacity = 0
refresh
end
def refresh
self.contents.clear
draw_mpname(10,0)    
end
end
#############
# Scene_Map #
#############
class Scene_Map
alias mog_vx06_start start
def start
@mpnm = Mpname.new($game_system.mpnm_x, $game_system.mpnm_y)
@mpnm.contents_opacity = $game_system.fdtm
if $game_switches[MOG::WM_SWITCH_VIS_DISABLE] == false
@mpnm.visible = true
else
@mpnm.visible = false  
end  
mog_vx06_start  
end  
alias mog_vx06_terminate terminate
def terminate
mog_vx06_terminate
@mpnm.dispose
end
alias mog_vx06_update update
def update
mog_vx06_update  
location_name_update
end
def location_name_update
$game_system.mpnm_x = @mpnm.x
$game_system.mpnm_y = @mpnm.y
if $game_switches[MOG::WM_SWITCH_VIS_DISABLE] == true or $game_system.fdtm <= 0
@mpnm.visible = false  
else
@mpnm.visible = true
end
if MOG::MPNMPS == 0 or MOG::MPNMPS == 1
if @mpnm.x < 0
@mpnm.x += 5
elsif @mpnm.x >= 0
@mpnm.x = 0
end  
else
if @mpnm.x > 300
@mpnm.x -= 5
elsif @mpnm.x <= 300
@mpnm.x = 300
end    
end
@mpnm.contents_opacity = $game_system.fdtm
if MOG::MPNMFD == true
$game_system.fdtm -= 3
end
end
alias mog_vx06_update_transfer_player update_transfer_player
def update_transfer_player
return unless $game_player.transfer?
@mpnm.contents_opacity = 0
mog_vx06_update_transfer_player
if MOG::MPNMPS == 0
$game_system.mpnm_x = -340
$game_system.mpnm_y = 0
elsif MOG::MPNMPS == 1
$game_system.mpnm_x = -340
$game_system.mpnm_y = 320
elsif MOG::MPNMPS == 2
$game_system.mpnm_x = 640
$game_system.mpnm_y = 0
else
$game_system.mpnm_x = 640
$game_system.mpnm_y = 320
end  
@mpnm.y = $game_system.mpnm_y
@mpnm.x = $game_system.mpnm_x
$game_system.fdtm = 255 + 60 * MOG::MPNMTM
@mpnm.refresh
end
end
$mogscript = {} if $mogscript == nil
$mogscript["location_name_vx"] = true

Then you'll also need this.

Import it into graphics\system
It's plug and play. Just put the script above main

--------------------

Proudly Supporting:

+Quote Post

ryguy60
post Jan 26 2012, 08:03 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

Hey I was just wondering how long this has been in development? Just for reference.

--------------------
I Support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Getdizzy
post Jan 26 2012, 08:12 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed

QUOTE (farhankhan @ Jan 19 2012, 12:49 PM) *
Quick note: I'm using my brother's account to post my project, we share accounts, so the other project you'll find in this section is not made by me.

Dude, just go make your own account, it takes like five minutes.

+Quote Post

Luneth
post Jan 26 2012, 09:04 PM
Post #12

Hero of Light
Group Icon

Type: Artist
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Looks very nice, I will most definitely keep an eye on this smile.gif
Really awesome job!

--------------------
V CLICK THIS FOR AWSOME PICTURE V
Spoiler:
You know Lightning is awsome ;)

Spoiler:

That's right ~desu

I support:
Spoiler:
Games:

Tutorials:

Other:

My thing(s):
Spoiler:

My Project:

My Project Development Blog:
http://heroesofyoreproductions.wordpress.com

If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig!

+Quote Post

BattlesofMorfoth
post Jan 26 2012, 09:41 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

WOW. This game looks awesome!
When I saw this in the early project devolpment thread, I thought this would be another wanna be FF. Then I saw the maps and menu...
I love it!
Nice use of Hanzo's scripts, and AWESOME menus. I hope this becomes a big thing!
Have fun making this AWESOME project, and I hope that there will be a demo soon!
Good luck withe the devolpment! smile.gif

--------------------
An Awesome Game By Me:

Do you want to support it?
CODE
[url="http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=52831"][img]http://battleofmorfoth.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/supportbar13.png[/img][/url]

Awesome Games!
Spoiler:

Wicked Resources!
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

m4uesviecr
post Jan 26 2012, 10:50 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

Type: Musician
Alignment: Neutral Good

I definitely agree that thegame looks amazing!

The physical aspect is alluring, now I hope the story is just as good!

One thing I find odd:

You have never played final fantasy, yet you have two characters with the last name Balthier (FF12), and Aeris (FF7).

--------------------
Need music? Check out my Free to Use music thread. For commercial/non-commercial projects.

+Quote Post

farhankhan
post Jan 26 2012, 10:51 PM
Post #15

Group Icon

@ryguy: It's been roughly a month now. I'm ready to post a demo, I'd just prefer to do it after I've purchased Ace.

@Touchfuzzy: Thanks for the comment. Reflecting now it would have probably made things much easier doing that, but I thought there were same IP complications or something? If no then I'll make him a new account and get him to repost his thread.

@Luneth: Thanks Luneth, I hope you do smile.gif

@BOM: Thanks a heap!

@m4vuesiecr: Haha that is a strange coincidence! I looked up fantasy names on google tongue.gif Thanks for the comment.

This post has been edited by farhankhan: Jan 26 2012, 10:53 PM

--------------------

Proudly Supporting:

+Quote Post

Erangot
post Jan 27 2012, 01:49 AM
Post #16

Ang Hari ng Metal ay hindi nagsusuklay
Group Icon

Alignment: Neutral Evil

Well holysh*t it is! The graphics are tremendous! *o*
You like, need a support bar or something so I can put it in my sig! ♥
I'll be stalking this thread from now on :'D good luck with game making!

--------------------
My Projects!

Support:
Spoiler:

i ♥ james!

The best thing that has ever happened in the history of forever.
Spoiler:
QUOTE (emmych)
"FORGET THE PATIENT, MY NURSE ANGEL. WE MUST PROCREATE ON THE LINOLEUM."
"OH, DOCTOR, YOUR TECHNICAL TERMINOLOGY FOR BUMPING UGLIES GETS ME SO HOT~!" <3333
"I KNOW, BABY. NOW STIMULATE MY REPRODUCTIVE ORGANS. I MUST ACHIEVE AN ERECTION."

+Quote Post

ryguy60
post Jan 27 2012, 03:59 AM
Post #17

Group Icon

Wow all this only after a month of development? Im jealous... Do you have any screenshots of the inside of your dungeons?

This post has been edited by ryguy60: Jan 27 2012, 04:06 AM

--------------------
I Support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

farhankhan
post Jan 27 2012, 04:46 AM
Post #18

Group Icon

Erangot: Thanks, that means a lot coming from you! I'm a big fan of your work with Happyfield!

ryguy: I don't have much else to do during my holidays tongue.gif Tbh I don't have many screenshots of interior dungeons just yet, as I've decided to remap my temple cause I'm a hopeless perfectionist :/ I'll upload a few screens of the prison dungeon though.

EDIT: Here's a few screens of the prison:

This post has been edited by farhankhan: Jan 27 2012, 04:57 AM

--------------------

Proudly Supporting:

+Quote Post

Erangot
post Jan 27 2012, 06:38 AM
Post #19

Ang Hari ng Metal ay hindi nagsusuklay
Group Icon

Alignment: Neutral Evil

fffffffff thank you and that is such an honor too!
you even put me in your sig, asfadfdfasdf

And gawd I love prison dungeons/eerie places just like that! *snap*
Oh dear I love your mapping! Everything looks so well and I can't just damn wait to play your game :)

--------------------
My Projects!

Support:
Spoiler:

i ♥ james!

The best thing that has ever happened in the history of forever.
Spoiler:
QUOTE (emmych)
"FORGET THE PATIENT, MY NURSE ANGEL. WE MUST PROCREATE ON THE LINOLEUM."
"OH, DOCTOR, YOUR TECHNICAL TERMINOLOGY FOR BUMPING UGLIES GETS ME SO HOT~!" <3333
"I KNOW, BABY. NOW STIMULATE MY REPRODUCTIVE ORGANS. I MUST ACHIEVE AN ERECTION."

+Quote Post

farhankhan
post Jan 28 2012, 11:16 AM
Post #20

Group Icon

Thanks so much for being so supportive guys! I've got a bit of an updatea, a few more quests and more maps. The game is 57 maps strong atm. I'll be making some battle backs for each of my maps later on in the night.

New map, beach:

Outskirts:

Junction:

Shop scene:

Status scene:

House Interior:

--------------------

Proudly Supporting:

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 05:55 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.