iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

> ATTENTION!

Do not post questions about Ace in this section. Any and all Ace related support should be posted in the Ace section found here.

Closed TopicStart new topic
> Battle decision sound effect
Delynn
post Jan 20 2012, 07:41 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Unaligned

Long story short, I changed the "Decision" sound effect to my own sound effect (through the system database). It works great, except when I choose an action during battles. It will play not only my sound effect, but also the sound effect I used before the one I just implemented. The old sound effect plays shortly after the new one. I'm using Kaduki SBS (if that matters).

Basically, it plays two decision sound effects. This only applies to decisions made in battle. Does anyone have any idea why?

Also, I apologize if this has been answered somewhere before. I checked all over the place but just couldn't pinpoint any similar issues. I'm aware that there's probably a very simple solution, and I feel like I'm missing it. Any help would be appreciated.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

eon244
post Jan 20 2012, 03:18 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Chaotic Good

you are most likely gunna have to script this

--------------------
Currently working on:
Under Construction...
I support:

+Quote Post

babyangelgirl2
post Jan 20 2012, 07:30 PM
Post #3

It takes SKILL to be able to trip when you have wings.
Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Lawful Evil

The response before mine makes absolutely no sense to me.

Anyway.

It's probably a script issue somewhere. I'm not familiar with that script since I don't use it, but try reading to see if the battle system uses it's own SE. If not, look at your other scripts. Are you using a scripted message system that defines another decision SE? Look at everything else too, there might be a conflict somewhere. If after all this you can't find a solution, as a last resort you might want to mute your own decision SE and simply use the 'Play SE' command where applicable. Though really, the best thing to do would be to tinker around until you stumble onto the problem.

--------------------
Good stuff, man. Good stuff.

+Quote Post

Delynn
post Jan 21 2012, 12:36 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

So after looking for a long time/not finding anything noticeably wrong, I removed a script called ATB (1.2c) out of curiosity, which works in association with the SBS script. From all I can see, all the ATB (1.2c) script does is make it so I don't have to choose between "Fight" and "Run" after every turn in battle. However, it did remove that extra sound effect. The ATB (1.2c) script instructions (for the most part), are in Japanese. If I search for anything sound related in the script, they all say "Sound.play_decision", which is what I want it to play, since my default sound for decision is the one I want. So I'm really struggling to figure out what to do about it. I don't see anything that could be causing this, but at least now I know whatever it is - it's in this script.

I'll keep updated if I figure it out, but any other input/thoughts/ideas would be appreciated.

+Quote Post

Delynn
post Jan 23 2012, 06:10 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

So after tons of experimenting/focusing more on what was really making the noise, I found out that the noise was actually coming from the red ATB gauge filling up in the ATB Configurations script. (Woops..)

#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
# ++ ACT Gauge (Red Gauge) Sound Effect When Full
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Pitch Vol. SE File name
ACT_MAX_SOUND01 = [150, 70, "Chime2"]

Lines 176-180, if anybody else has been running into the same issues. (Although I doubt it.) Just turn the volume setting to 0, or replace the sound effect to your liking. Took me a long while to notice what was actually making the sound, and it was hard to make out which sound effect it actually was due to its high pitch setting.

So all in all, it wasn't making two decision sound effects. I just wasn't paying enough attention to the red gauge filling up due to the fact you only see/hear it happen for about 1/2 of a second.

Anyway, thanks for trying to help me figure out the problem. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Delynn: Jan 23 2012, 06:16 AM

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st October 2014 - 09:20 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.