iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

The 2nd Quarter Contest has arrived! Go check it out in the Community Announcements now!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Character toggle, like two players
jesse120
post Jan 22 2012, 09:44 PM
Post #1

Master Eventer, Novice scripter, pathetic spriter
Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Chaotic Good

search number 10519195120002
I was just using a two player script and I had an Idea. Why not have instead of a two player system why not a 2+ character toggle system. This makes it so you can toggle between characters and use one at a time. This is for solving a maze that requires another maze. An example can be found in Legend of Zelda Phantom Hour Glass on the Goron Island in the Goron Temple.

This post has been edited by jesse120: Apr 19 2012, 09:23 PM

--------------------
I might not post anything for a while, but I am still here, watching. You may not see me, but I see you.
Still taking event requests. Still watching topics. I will see comments to my posts and respond.
I will probably not update any of my scripts for a while.

I have not gone!!!

Spoiler:

Master eventer
Need an unusual event call me and i might be able to make it
ex vehicle, pet
search number
I do take event requests
search number 10519195120
Please don't put this number on any of your own posts or topics
note: the search number will be on any post I make to aid in searching by author. If I forget to put it on a topic please notify me.

I will try to check any posts/PMs around 7:30 AM, 3:00 PM, and after 6 PM most days (time in Pacific Time)

The ultimate video game

Legend of, Elder, Fear, of Fabled, Fallout, Call, of Modern, Gears, of Halo, Metal, Ghost, Assassin, Mass, Homicide, Fantasy, 5
That stands for
Legend of Zelda, Elder Scrolls, ?????, Fable, Fallout, Call of Duty, Modern Warfare, Gears of War, Halo, Metal Gears, Ghost Recon, Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, Auto Homicide, Final Fantasy, 5
Let me know if you want a game added to the list

If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, believe he is the only way to heaven, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Alan Fletcher
post Jan 22 2012, 10:27 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Type: Coder
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

QUOTE (jesse120 @ Jan 22 2012, 09:44 PM) *
I was just using a two player script and I had an Idea. Why not have instead of a two player system why not a 2+ charactor togle system. This makes it so you can togle betwene chatactors and use one at a time. This is for solving a maze that requires a nother maze. An example can be found in Legend of Zelda Phantom Hour Glass on the Goron Island in the Goron Temple.

So what your looking for is two have two different characters in two different areas.

So for example
Character 1 is halfway through the first maze but
Character 2 must activate a switch before being able to continue
this would work vice versa aswell

so both would have to work together to complete the different mazes

If so I dont see why you would need a script for this events and such should easily complete this

--------------------
"If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0."
"If one has knowledge in something that someone needs help, they should help"

+Quote Post

Alexander Amnell
post Jan 23 2012, 12:38 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Unaligned

Alan's right it could be evented, but it'd be a bloody headache what with inventory and stuff (unless you wanted them to inexplicably gain the same crap...) But Modern Algebra made a script that does exactly that! http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,25710.0.html

--------------------
The guy who'll try to solve your script request...with an event!

My game project (dev page out, click away!)

Things that are awesome!
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

jesse120
post Jan 23 2012, 11:59 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

what I am asking for is a way I can have one person on one side of the map hit tab and now be controling the other person on the other side of the map. so one can stand on a switch that requires a player to be on it when the other moves through the open door. This can be done with a standered 2 player script but it makes more sence to have a togle instead of two move systems.

--------------------
I might not post anything for a while, but I am still here, watching. You may not see me, but I see you.
Still taking event requests. Still watching topics. I will see comments to my posts and respond.

I have not gone!!!

Spoiler:

Master eventer
ex vehicle, pet
search number
I do take event requests
note: the search number will be on any post I make to aid in searching by author. If I forget to put it on a topic please notify me.

I will try to check any posts/PMs around 7:30 AM, 3:00 PM, and after 6 PM most days (time in Pacific Time)

The ultimate video game

Legend of, Elder, Fear, of Fabled, Fallout, Call, of Modern, Gears, of Halo, Metal, Ghost, Assassin, Mass, Homicide, Fantasy, 5
That stands for
Legend of Zelda, Elder Scrolls, ?????, Fable, Fallout, Call of Duty, Modern Warfare, Gears of War, Halo, Metal Gears, Ghost Recon, Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, Auto Homicide, Final Fantasy, 5

If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, believe he is the only way to heaven, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.

+Quote Post

jesse120
post Jan 29 2012, 03:45 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

bump
if you want to know the togle system I have in mind look at requiem atbs for the charactor switch. Then make charactors able to be put in seperet places instead of tranceporting as a groop.

--------------------

I have not gone!!!

Spoiler:

Master eventer
ex vehicle, pet
search number
I do take event requests

The ultimate video game

That stands for

+Quote Post

jesse120
post Feb 25 2012, 06:56 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

bump

--------------------

I have not gone!!!

Spoiler:

Master eventer
ex vehicle, pet
search number
I do take event requests

The ultimate video game

That stands for

+Quote Post

jesse120
post Mar 13 2012, 11:30 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

bump

--------------------

I have not gone!!!

Spoiler:

Master eventer
ex vehicle, pet
search number
I do take event requests

The ultimate video game

That stands for

+Quote Post

jesse120
post Apr 6 2012, 03:25 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

bump

--------------------

I have not gone!!!

Spoiler:

Master eventer
ex vehicle, pet
search number
I do take event requests

The ultimate video game

That stands for

+Quote Post

jesse120
post Apr 11 2012, 01:48 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

bump

--------------------

I have not gone!!!

Spoiler:

Master eventer
ex vehicle, pet
search number
I do take event requests

The ultimate video game

That stands for

+Quote Post

jesse120
post Apr 18 2012, 01:43 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

bump

--------------------

I have not gone!!!

Spoiler:

Master eventer
ex vehicle, pet
search number
I do take event requests

The ultimate video game

That stands for

+Quote Post

jesse120
post Apr 21 2012, 04:39 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

bump

--------------------

I have not gone!!!

Spoiler:

Master eventer
ex vehicle, pet
search number
I do take event requests

The ultimate video game

That stands for

+Quote Post

jesse120
post Apr 25 2012, 11:02 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

bump

--------------------

I have not gone!!!

Spoiler:

Master eventer
ex vehicle, pet
search number
I do take event requests

The ultimate video game

That stands for

+Quote Post

jesse120
post Apr 29 2012, 05:05 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

bump

--------------------

I have not gone!!!

Spoiler:

Master eventer
ex vehicle, pet
search number
I do take event requests

The ultimate video game

That stands for

+Quote Post

jesse120
post May 2 2012, 01:50 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

bump

--------------------

I have not gone!!!

Spoiler:

Master eventer
ex vehicle, pet
search number
I do take event requests

The ultimate video game

That stands for

+Quote Post

jesse120
post May 6 2012, 04:39 AM
Post #15

Group Icon

bump

--------------------

I have not gone!!!

Spoiler:

Master eventer
ex vehicle, pet
search number
I do take event requests

The ultimate video game

That stands for

+Quote Post

jesse120
post May 9 2012, 01:49 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

bump

--------------------

I have not gone!!!

Spoiler:

Master eventer
ex vehicle, pet
search number
I do take event requests

The ultimate video game

That stands for

+Quote Post

jesse120
post May 13 2012, 03:43 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

bump

--------------------

I have not gone!!!

Spoiler:

Master eventer
ex vehicle, pet
search number
I do take event requests

The ultimate video game

That stands for

+Quote Post

jesse120
post Jun 3 2012, 05:07 PM
Post #18

Group Icon

bump

--------------------

I have not gone!!!

Spoiler:

Master eventer
ex vehicle, pet
search number
I do take event requests

The ultimate video game

That stands for

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 02:47 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.