iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I wrote a song, NY State of Mind
Adrian Clyde
post Jan 25 2012, 02:31 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed

I was bored at work, so I decided to write a song. I had never written a song before. Check it out! Let the flaming begin. wink.gif

New York State of Mind

I was so naïve to think that I was invincible
What I am is a lonely stray, sniffing high and low for a bone
Oh, great Titanic, you're unsinkable
Here I tremble in the cold as my heart turns to solid stone

La la la la la la la
La la la la
La la la la la la la
La la la la

Got to keep running, boy you got to keep running, what did you stop running for?
Got to keep digging, boy you got to keep digging, got to dig 'til you reach the core

We all shed tears, we all got fears, we all get butterflies
We all fall down, round, round, round, how else do you learn to fly?

You are who you are, it's incredible, don't let it drag you down
We are who we are, it's inevitable, some will shake your ground

La la la la la la la
La la la la
La la la la la la la
La la la la

Soaring so high above cloud nine
Tired of standing in line
Someday I'll make you mine
But 'til that time
New York state of mind

The boy looks far into the future
Understands now what his mind can do
The boy found a purse full of treasure
Careful now before he steps on you

If the boy had a nickel for every sucker
who stomped him down in the grain
He'd own a castle as high as Mt Everest
With no damn reason to frown again

You are who you are, it's incredible, don't let it drag you down
We are who we are, it's inevitable, some will shake your ground

But 'til that time
New York state of mind

But 'til that time
New York state of mind

Small, everything's gotten so very small
How did I end up here?
Everyone's gotten so very little
Is the end near?

New York state of mind
(soaring above cloud nine)
New York state of mind)
(tired of standing in line)
New York state of mind
(waiting for the time)
New York state of mind
(I'll make you mine)

New York state of mind
(soaring above cloud nine)
New York state of mind)
(tired of standing in line)
New York state of mind
(waiting for the time)
New York state of mind
(I'll make you mine)

You are who you are (La la la la la la la)
We are who we are (La la la la)
You are who you are (La la la la la la la)
We are who we are (La la la la)

La la la la la la la
La la la la
La la la la la la la
La la la la

This post has been edited by Adrian Clyde: Jan 26 2012, 01:01 AM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Virus 9
post Jan 25 2012, 05:43 AM
Post #2

Evil is a virus that spreads!
Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

I don't know Songs to well but writing is something I do. Not bad though when I first read my mind played it like a rap song. Though you never mention what type of song it is so what people think the song is like is depends on what it looks like. Though there was a line that I think you need to correct.

Got to get keep running, boy you got to keep running, why did you stop running for?

"Got to get keep running?" why not change it to "Got to keep running"
"why did you stop running for?" why not change it to "what did you stop running for?" or "why did you stop running?"

Other then that it is not really bad. But I take it your not going to make much in the way of songs by my guess.

--------------------
EVIL RULES OVER ALL!
Spoiler:
After a great deal of a vote, I have been chosen to remain evil by the members of the forum! Now prepare for the 2nd stage of my plot!

I Support
Spoiler:

CODE
[img]http://i39.tinypic.com/ftklqq.png[/img]

Building
Spoiler:

Read if New or Beginner!
Spoiler:
Are you new to RPG Maker VX or the Forum? I will help you with some simple guides to understanding.
  1. If you are new to the forum then make your introduction known to the community. Also if you are leaving us we would like to hear you there.
  2. If you have experience something wrong with this Community Forum that is not working right you can contact the staff by visiting the Feedback and Support.
  3. People like us are willing to help anyone who is having any problems with RPG Maker VX Program down here in the Support / Help Forum. We do provide some provided answers in here to read.Or you can contact RPG_Lover or Akod for help through PM.
  4. Need some new images/audios for your game? We provide a wide range for your game development needs in our Resource Showcase. We also provide if you can not find what you need a request for something.
  5. If it's scripts you need. We can help you find what functions you want to add to your games in our Complete RGSS2 Scripts! As well we provide a request if you got something else in mind you need.
  6. Got a game developed and ready to show? You can provide any Completed Games or Under Developed Games with us to get a result from the community.
  7. Now you can also relax in our Off-Discussion of RPG Maker VX.

We do have a small support for RPG Maker VX ACE here. I recommend if your starting to use RPG Maker VX to go and fix your Game_Interpreter. Make sure to follow the Community Rules and you will be OK on your way.

+Quote Post

Adrian Clyde
post Jan 26 2012, 01:00 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed

I might write some songs again in my spare time. It really is a lot harder than I thought it would be, but it's also a lot of fun, especially when it's done. =P

As far as tempo goes, I was thinking something upbeat and dance-y. An electronic song with minor trance influences.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Virus 9
post Jan 26 2012, 03:58 AM
Post #4

Evil is a virus that spreads!
Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

I see you did correct those 2 problems. And I would like to see your next song when done and ya. I will agree even though I never really made a song I am a story writer who understand the building something from scratch is tricky. But now all you got to do is either make a song of it or find someone to do it. Who knows maybe someone would do it.

--------------------
EVIL RULES OVER ALL!
Spoiler:
After a great deal of a vote, I have been chosen to remain evil by the members of the forum! Now prepare for the 2nd stage of my plot!

I Support
Spoiler:

CODE
[img]http://i39.tinypic.com/ftklqq.png[/img]

Building
Spoiler:

Read if New or Beginner!
Spoiler:
Are you new to RPG Maker VX or the Forum? I will help you with some simple guides to understanding.
  1. If you are new to the forum then make your introduction known to the community. Also if you are leaving us we would like to hear you there.
  2. If you have experience something wrong with this Community Forum that is not working right you can contact the staff by visiting the Feedback and Support.
  3. People like us are willing to help anyone who is having any problems with RPG Maker VX Program down here in the Support / Help Forum. We do provide some provided answers in here to read.Or you can contact RPG_Lover or Akod for help through PM.
  4. Need some new images/audios for your game? We provide a wide range for your game development needs in our Resource Showcase. We also provide if you can not find what you need a request for something.
  5. If it's scripts you need. We can help you find what functions you want to add to your games in our Complete RGSS2 Scripts! As well we provide a request if you got something else in mind you need.
  6. Got a game developed and ready to show? You can provide any Completed Games or Under Developed Games with us to get a result from the community.
  7. Now you can also relax in our Off-Discussion of RPG Maker VX.

We do have a small support for RPG Maker VX ACE here. I recommend if your starting to use RPG Maker VX to go and fix your Game_Interpreter. Make sure to follow the Community Rules and you will be OK on your way.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th September 2014 - 01:09 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.