iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

The 2nd Quarter Contest has arrived! Go check it out in the Community Announcements now!

> Note for Early Project Feedback Threads

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Thief, Mischief, Magic and Murder
Quackadoos
post Jan 29 2012, 03:05 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Abstract - Clear Agyris' name, discover the true conspirators and bring them to justice.
Genre- Fantasy
Platform- RMVX

Story
Agyris has always liked to gamble, unfortunately he never knew when to quit. This led him to a string of thefts and cons in order to repay his mounting debts which eventually led to his exile. Now making a fresh start in a foreign kingdom he finds himself wrongly accused of attempted assassination along with his new friend, Orion. Now the two of them must find a way to clear their names whilst combating the forces sent to stop them.

Setting
The Capital is the thriving heart of the Carthanian Empire, ruled by King Basilius. To the north lie the colonies, home to the hard-nosed Clans. To the west lies the desert citadel of Acre and its surrounding tribes, home to the Argyle, known to most as Desert Walkers, and to the east lies Galbana forest and the Sugoi Mountains, home to the 18 tribes. There is an uneasy peace between the Empire and its surrounding kingdoms; one that depends on Basilius' continued agreement to the Terrenum Treaty. The breaking of this treaty would start an all out war between the three kingdoms and throw the land into chaos.

Characters
Playable
Spoiler:

Name: Agyris "Cyrus" al Danubai (Player Chosen Name)
Race: Argyle (Desert Walker)
Class: Thief
Personality: Agyris' one true love is money. He's greedy and has very few morals when it comes to making money. If there was ever a competition for who was the biggest jerk, Agyris would win first prize. Greedy, sarcastic and a little bit sexist, many believe there is more to him than meets the eye. Then again, they could be wrong.
Bio: Agyris hails from the desert citadel of Acre, though he has now been exiled for a string of thefts and cons. His final criminal act was an attempt to sell his own grandmother. As a result, he was disowned by his family and began the long journey to Linwe.
"Don't look at me, I'm just here for the money."

Name: Orion Umbra
Race: Hume
Class: Illusionist
Bio: Orion remains a mystery to all, perhaps even himself. He gives the impression of someone who has done much evil in the past and often likes to play the villain, but when caught off guard he is incredibly sweet. It is clear that his mental state is slightly unstable, but he keeps himself together and is a valuable companion.
"Perhaps I myself am an illusion, how can we be certain?...Ouch!"

Name: Calder Cidolfus Valen
Class: Engineer
Personality: Calder is a total gear head and likes nothing better than inventing a new model of firearm or a brand new airship. When he's around people he has a bad attitude and is often accused of being a pervert. Despite his crotchety attitude he has a strong sense of honour and will try to do the right thing so long as it doesn't interfere with his inventions, of course.
Bio: Calder was the prodigal son of the great inventor Cidolfus Valen. From a young age he was obsessed with sky travel and through his enthusiasm, his father created the first Airship. When the time came, Calder took his father's place as Chief Engineer and built a string of new airships modelled on his original design.
"I do not have anger issues, I just like shouting!"

Name: Vega
Race: Droid
Class: Droid
Bio: Vega is Calder's most prized invention and is loyal to him and him alone. Though he was designed as a utility droid, Vega's flawed programming prevented him from fulfilling his|intended purpose.
"Your affection is appreciated. Would you like me to reciprocate?"

Name: Sabine Medeis
Class: Magus
Bio: Selkie is a star student at the Capital Academy of Magic. She is ridiculously competitive and gets very agitated when failure is a possibility. Despite being a star student she is still prone to making mistakes when her competitive streak takes over.
"Oh look! I'm winning!

Name: Gideon McKinley
Class: Cleric
Bio: Wilde's calm demeanour is a welcome change from the somewhat psychotic clerics that manage the many hospices through the world. Though his methods are old fashioned he has earned a reputation as an excellent healer and became a favorite amongst his patients, especially the older ones.
"Sometimes it's really hard not to punch someone in the face."

Name: Mai Shiko
Class: Ninja
Bio: Lina is a devoted student of the shadows. Her loyalty is unquestionable and her determination boundless. Her past is a mystery known only to her and her Sensei. She is sent to the Kingdom of Ulyss to collect intelligence on the recent assassination attempt on King Bartez.
"You are sloppy. That will get you killed."

Non-Playable
Spoiler:

Regulus - The King's charismatic adviser.
Valeria - Probably the most accomplished assassin in all of Ulyss.
Horatio - Chairman of the Linwe banks.
General Albion - General of the King's army.
Sirius - Insane sell-sword.
Delcine - An upper-class Lady.
Gaius - Court Mage

Screenshots
Spoiler:

Features
Story-driven gameplay
Yanfly's Skill Overhaul
Monster Catching
Side Quests
Hunts
Puzzle Dungeons
Collectibles
Overdrive Skills
Battlecries for bosses and overdrives
Achievements (Eventually)

Demo
Coming Soon!

Credits
Scripts:
Aindra
Deity
Dr.?
hellminor
IceDragon
Jet
KGC
Modern_Algebra
Munkis
OriginalWij
Rafidelis
Woratana
Yanfly

Graphics:
Celianna
Mack
Closet
Enterbrain
Usmui
Whitecat
Kaduki
Tim Wendorf/Urban Squall
Counterclockwise
Fenixfyre
IceDragon
Rajawali
Junkhut
Seedless Grapes
Pineda VX
Scinaya
Paschendale

Music:
Square Enix
Christopher White
Ludovico Einaudi
Da Buzz
Tidequsto
Enterbrain
Amkrogh89

Note: If I have forgotten to add any credits then I apologise. Please let me know if I have missed any so that I can add it to the list.

This post has been edited by Quackadoos: Apr 13 2012, 10:09 AM

--------------------
Current Projects:

I Support
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Zadorain
post Feb 11 2012, 10:49 PM
Post #2

We do what we must because we can.
Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed
Alignment: Chaotic Good

The mapping is a tiny bit lacking (just from the screenshots I've seen) but I actually really like all of the content you've posted. I can't wait to play and see more!

--------------------
Some funny forum quotes:

Spoiler:
QUOTE (AyceM @ Mar 29 2011, 09:38 PM) *
Oh, Jesus, the very awesome on my face right now...

You won't even believe.

QUOTE (Shiro @ Apr 30 2011, 09:24 AM) *
use the shit button technique to do it properly

QUOTE (invasive @ Apr 29 2011, 03:16 PM) *
also mountains.

QUOTE (God Dark punk @ Apr 11 2011, 03:14 PM) *
this tileset is for rpg maker 2003 ? is stupid

QUOTE (Super Stick Lyonn @ Apr 30 2011, 09:51 PM) *
games within the genre almost never fail to give a spicy boner.

He was talking about his sprite. Get your mind out of the gutter.

+Quote Post

AcidDemon17
post Feb 14 2012, 03:43 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Type: Designer

awesome cant wait to play

--------------------
I Support

+Quote Post

Quackadoos
post Apr 11 2012, 02:50 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Hi. It's been a while since I updated this thread, so here I am with an update.
Thief has undergone a total revamp with some new maps (new, improved, parallaxed maps cool.gif) and a few characters have been updated in terms of appearance and name. Here's a couple of new screenshots to show you what's been done. The rest are in the OP.

Shiny new maps and a shiny new skill learning system.

I've also swapped out two characters for a new droid character named Vega . I plan on having some Vega specific levels to make him more useful.

I will try to keep this thread updated from now on. Ciao for now.

This post has been edited by Quackadoos: Apr 11 2012, 02:52 PM

--------------------
Current Projects:

I Support
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Quackadoos
post Apr 23 2012, 03:08 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Hi. Quackadoos here with a (not quite) weekly update.

I have to admit that little progress has been made this week, although I've implemented an overdrive system and swapped the YERD battle system for YEM ATB (which wasn't working until about five minutes ago) so that the overdrives work. This week I'm going to try to make some more progress on the story and get a whole lot of mapping done.
Ciao for now.

--------------------
Current Projects:

I Support
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 12:19 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.