iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

The 2nd Quarter Contest has arrived! Go check it out in the Community Announcements now!
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> School Days! Alternate Reality, need feedback/suggestion for my beta-demo!
donleon
post Feb 5 2012, 04:18 AM
Post #1

adorable kyon
Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed
Alignment: Lawful Good

Try out my beta-demo:
http://www.mediafire.com/?1j4c7dgeq623tqm

Download the Audio and Font files and place them to their respective folders:
http://www.mediafire.com/?afvy7dacsaad2yn

Introduction:
Spoiler:
I started making a fan game for Suikoden which i entirely give up then i switched to Ar tonelico fan game which also i give up until i gather my thoughts and tried to made a mix of my favorite games. This is not a persona fan game. This game is inspired from my favorite games, mainly Persona series and Ar tonelico. This doesn't follow up or continue the story from those games instead a different game which has some features from the games i was inspired .Also I haven't played Persona 3 & 4 i only watch it in youtube so i don't have that background of the whole persona plot smile.gif

Story:
Spoiler:
There once was a legend that in the past, mythical monsters of different sorts ruled over the world creating havoc and destruction. A demon goddess itself rules over these demons. It brings fear to the humans and terror to the world. "Demonization" is what humans called these ages. But soon a heroine arises, unknown how she ended up as a heroine, tried to fought off all the demons and the goddess itself but she failed. As a last resort, she used all her power sealing these millions of demons in "The Gate" which can only be unlocked by the "Key of Heart". Also she sealed the goddess and herself in a stone which is now known as a "Philosopher's stone".

As time went by, the philosopher's stone is unlocked and soon "The Gate" is starting to open again. In a rural town of Shibuya, there were numerous weird murders happening. People define it as a murder because the victims of these were all claimed to be dead. It started when the new product "Mr. Krispy" a biscuit company and the competitor of the famous pastry shop "Hansel n Gretel", become famous worldwide with it's main branch in Shibuya. It is said that the each biscuit pack has a lucky coin which can grant any wish and only chosen ones can get this so called "wishing coin". This made the biscuit rose from popularity which makes it a mystery to the public. Is it related to the murders? Kyle a New Yorker, together with his new found friends will got mixed up with these events not knowing that the key is in his hands.

Terminology:
Spoiler:

- Demonization - The time were all demons killed almost all humans and ruled the world with the help of their goddess. It is also the process of turning humans into demons

- The Gate - A portal/dimension that holds millions of demons that was trapped by a unknown heroine in the past. It's seal can't be broken only with the use of the Key of Heart.

- Key of Heart - Either an item or a person that opens The Gate. It is said that the bearer of this Key is a pure-hearted being with a cleanse soul. No humans can posses it but the human itself can be the Key of Heart

- Philosopher's Stone - A stone that grants eternal life and gives extremely strong power to anyone who use it. It has two sides which negates with each other.

- Malice - Darkness that came from human desires which is converted as an evil energy to open up The Gate. It requires a lot of Malice to open up The Gate

Characters:

Playable Characters:
Spoiler:

Kyle Scott
The main protagonist of the story.A 16-year old New Yorker who is often lazy, pervert and likes to sleep in bed. Despite his laziness, he values his friends and especially his lil brother. They often hang-out and plays together. Kyle is reckless, indecisive and hopeless romantic and mostly a dumb-ass. They moved in to New York in the start of summer. But at the end of the summer season, an event which Kyle had witnessed changed his life.

Troy Scott
A 10-year old kid which is the lil brother of Kyle. He is a very adorbale kid which is loved by many because of his cuteness. He is energetic, loving and very adventurous. He loves going out to the movies and in the park. He often tries to protect his own self knowing that his brother always protect him. Also at the end of the summer season, he witness an event which will changed his life forever

Trish Heartfillia
A 16-year old gal who now is haunted by it's past. She was a former idol, famous for her songs, but a scandal arose which made her quit her job as an idol. Thus, she tries to change as a normal gal but still many people haunts her with her past. Despite it, she found her best buddy who stands up to her when people teases her, which is Kairi. She became a reckless, defensive gal now and often insecure with other people. She studies at the same academy and a classmate of Kairi, Edge and Ashley

Kairi Hiiragi
A 16-year old gal who is known in the school because of her wealthy family. Kairi is originally from Japan and their family owns a a famous Pastry Shop known as "Hansel n Gretel" which is beginning to slow-down with it's new competitor in town. She is a modest girl trained with social etiquette and graces. She is a man-hater which makes her friends an exclusive for all girls. She became good friends with Trish and soon became her best buddy. Despite her richness, she is quite friendly with others and doesn't judge anyone. She studies at the same academy and a classmate of Trish, Edge and Ashley.

Ashley Shizue
Also a 16-year old gal which likes to tease her classmates especially Trish. She is a meanie but once she knows that she hurts that person, she apologizes as fast as she can. She is an outgoing person, very friendly and quite wise. She moved to Japan a year ago when her Father passed away and transferred to her Mom who resides in Japan. Many guys try to court her but with her strong attitude most of them get scared and just ran away. She studies at the same academy and a classmate of Kairi, Trish and Edge.

-will upload image soon-
Edge Suou
A 17-year old guy who is a hardcore athlete. Edge joined all the sports club in their academy, basketball, kendo and swimming. He has a big heart, calm and quite proud of his looks. He's a flirt but he always fail at it. Edge only excels at sports but sucks at academics. He studies at the same academy and a classmate of Kairi, Trish and Ashley.

Screenshots:

Spoiler:

my simple title screen

Troy's room (Kyle's lil brother)

Garland hospital

Mcdonalds XD

Manhattan central park

Features:
Spoiler:

- A story which is set on a modern era with a certain twist in places
- A social link system where you can develop your relationship with some Characters and also choose from the 3 Ladies which you can court at the end of the game and determine a diff. ending (can be good or bad too)
- A sideview battle system with additional feature
- Interact with the environment to get some additional and hidden stuffs just lying there waiting for you to get it
- a dialouge message system in certain events and a pop-up message for common events
- a mortal and demi-god system in battle
- Travel to the diff. dungeon out of the minds of the NPC's and actors to get to know em as you travel their "storybook" like Dungeon

Support My Game:

CODE
[url="http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=53190"][img]http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/Silparion1/SchoolDays.png[/img][/url]

Credits:
Spoiler:

Scripts and Resoucres: Woratana, Enu, Kylock, Mr. Bubble, Shu, ziifee, wltr3565, Zeoxis, KGC, BulletXT, MogHunter, Munkis, OriginalWij, XIV, Shanghai, Crazyninjaguy, Overlord Dave, Yanfly, Rockleedude, Hanzo Kimura, Painthurt, Lisa, Pasla, Spriters Resource, Erangot, merrea50, Celianna, Luneth

Portrait Graphics goes to Gust and Atlus for their games Ar tonelico and Persona smile.gif

Special Mentions:

Silparion - well without you this project wouldn't be started smile.gif when i started playing your Ar tonelico fan game i got inspired form it and soon it came to this conclusion and i always seek advice to you regarding with my game so many thanks to you smile.gif
Matsuo Kaito - the God of all smile.gif without your AWE-SOME portrait edits, my portraits wouldn't look modern smile.gif thanks a lot smile.gif hope to ask for more request smile.gif
Dr. Doom - the scripter of all scripter tongue.gif thanks a lot for everything without you my scripts won't be compatible tongue.gif
Blackxwolf - a good artist which made my main sprite smile.gif thanks a bunch for everything tongue.gif your the best among the rest
KrekkaBlade - without further ado, another good artist who help me with my recolors wink.gif thanks a lot
Reisen - and of course without the awesome title my game wouldn't be complete smile.gif thanks for the awesome title!! Your a great artist! Kudos to you wink.gif

This post has been edited by donleon: Jun 2 2012, 04:14 PM

--------------------
I support:
Spoiler:

My game:
Spoiler:

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Silparion
post Feb 14 2012, 08:36 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Alignment: Neutral Good

Yeah! It's finally shown up. smile.gif
What a cool logo, I like it! laugh.gif Well, that girl is Angel Aurica, I assume? XD

The plot looks very promising (well, I shouldn't be surprised since I've already read a bit of your plot via PMing lol). I wonder if Aurica will be available too.
About the characters, I'd love to see more (especially AT characters, haha). IMO, character editing is decent.
Your indoor map is neat and pretty good. Looking forward to see outdoor maps. smile.gif
About this game's feature, Social Link System interests me a lot, which clearly explains that there are various endings. Visual Novel will fit perfectly as well. smile.gif

Keep it up and good luck with your project, donleon. smile.gif

--------------------

Was yea ra chs hymmnos mea

I support:

My game:

+Quote Post

donleon
post Feb 14 2012, 02:15 PM
Post #3

adorable kyon
Group Icon

QUOTE (Silparion @ Feb 14 2012, 08:36 AM) *
Yeah! It's finally shown up. smile.gif
What a cool logo, I like it! laugh.gif Well, that girl is Angel Aurica, I assume? XD

The plot looks very promising (well, I shouldn't be surprised since I've already read a bit of your plot via PMing lol). I wonder if Aurica will be available too.
About the characters, I'd love to see more (especially AT characters, haha). IMO, character editing is decent.
Your indoor map is neat and pretty good. Looking forward to see outdoor maps. smile.gif
About this game's feature, Social Link System interests me a lot, which clearly explains that there are various endings. Visual Novel will fit perfectly as well. smile.gif

Keep it up and good luck with your project, donleon. smile.gif

haha thanks the thread is up smile.gif haha yep that's angel Aurica in the logo wink.gif

well you already know the plot so no need to be surprised haha i changed it a bit though . Mostly ill use AT1 chars in the game cause they arent compatible with other portraits so you'll see some of em but some chars won't be edited just the usual clothes they have in the real game smile.gif

outdoor maps? haha i might rarely make it, it's kinda complicated but i'll make it maybe for dungeons/towns? haha and various endings will be fun smile.gif you'll have a hard time to choose? haha

i hope i can make a demo soon though so i can know what it lacks smile.gif and goodluck to your project too, your project made this game cause i got inspired from it wink.gif

--------------------
I support:
Spoiler:

My game:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

new
post Feb 18 2012, 11:22 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

mapping looks good! persona like gameplay? interesting!

--------------------
download here
(Ask before using a bar from someone's sig -Touchfuzzy)

+Quote Post

donleon
post Feb 28 2012, 03:55 PM
Post #5

adorable kyon
Group Icon

QUOTE (new @ Feb 18 2012, 11:22 AM) *
mapping looks good! persona like gameplay? interesting!

haha thanks smile.gif although it's not that good XD well for the gameplay it's persona inspired game so it has some features but not exactly copying the features of that game, maybe similarities smile.gif i try to adjust the plot so it wouldn't look like a persona fan game XD

--------------------
I support:
Spoiler:

My game:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

OVAN66
post Mar 5 2012, 05:50 AM
Post #6

Fsteak
Group Icon

Type: Musician
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Aww .. but i do want a Persona fan game xD

--

This looks promising! Cant wait to play a Demo

--------------------

+Quote Post

donleon
post Mar 5 2012, 09:39 PM
Post #7

adorable kyon
Group Icon

well ii somewhat has the plot of persona 4 fan game (shadows saying that your them) but i changed the plot setting somehow and changed the shadow thingy smile.gif

--------------------
I support:
Spoiler:

My game:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

jaydee15
post Mar 5 2012, 09:43 PM
Post #8

Something coherent... Also Muscle Milk
Group Icon

Type: Writer

@Donleon:
A story similar to Persona but has a major twist in it making it a unique plot

Avoid these kind of features, as they push back the player's interest. Same goes for the "SBS, with blah, blah, blah." wink.gif It looks interesting. I hope to try it out someday. smile.gif

--------------------
"Kinda bored, but still working on my project."
==========
I support:

==========
If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.

+Quote Post

donleon
post Mar 6 2012, 10:24 AM
Post #9

adorable kyon
Group Icon

QUOTE (jaydee15 @ Mar 5 2012, 09:43 PM) *
@Donleon:

Avoid these kind of features, as they push back the player's interest. Same goes for the "SBS, with blah, blah, blah." wink.gif It looks interesting. I hope to try it out someday. smile.gif

haha thanks for the tip smile.gif edited the features now smile.gif i hope it's ok now haha,

thanks again smile.gif))

--------------------
I support:
Spoiler:

My game:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Dkpwner
post Mar 6 2012, 11:47 AM
Post #10

Igzo Mina!
Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Looks interesting, especially since it takes place in
the "real" world for ones:P(Don't see many of those)

Anyhow, will be keeping my eyes on this

--------------------
Deviant Art with custom animations:
http://dkpwner.deviantart.com/

My Project:

==================================DEVELOPMENT PAGE COMING SOON=============================

I SUPPORT:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Videogamez Boy
post Mar 7 2012, 07:44 AM
Post #11

Group Icon

Alignment: Unaligned

i want to see what happened if the persona and ar tonelico elements mix together happy.gif
btw, i thought the protagonis was Lyner Barsett, but who is the original character of his little brother..

+Quote Post

donleon
post Mar 7 2012, 08:15 AM
Post #12

adorable kyon
Group Icon

@Dkpwner - haha smile.gif well it's somehow set on a fictional modern world smile.gif

@Videogamez Boy - haha it's not only Ar tonelico and Persona, they are just somehow the major elements in the game smile.gif well Lyner is the protagonist, i just changed his name and asked someone to edit him. the lil bro of him? that's the lyner kid in the game Ar tonelico itself smile.gif

haha good thing someone knows Ar tonelico smile.gif

--------------------
I support:
Spoiler:

My game:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

donleon
post Apr 28 2012, 02:34 PM
Post #13

adorable kyon
Group Icon

long time no update and post tongue.gif

edited the story and added some photos of actors and added new screenshots

added a new main feature: mortal and demi-god system, this will be used mostly in battles as it tackles skills

Kyle when mortal:

when demi-god: (fused power with Achilles)

When you are in mortal mode, you have limited skills mainly just for human skills, mostly physicals no magics etc. and when transformed into demi-god you unlock set of skills.

- will add a bar gauge for the gauge to determine how many points to transform into demi-god
- will add animations for the transformation skills
- still need to edit the battle screen, target screen and name skins

each actor has a different demon to get sort of persona, but in a different way, you will borrow it's powers and fuse yourself into that demon.

for example Kyle here is contracted with Achilles. (a mighty warrior in greek but in the game he is still the greek warrior but in white suit and white horse)

that's all for now smile.gif

more features to add soon smile.gif

--------------------
I support:
Spoiler:

My game:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

DigiorPoke
post May 19 2012, 03:22 AM
Post #14

Dragon Slayer
Group Icon

Type: Spriter

This games seems Amazing!

when i first looked at the game...it looked like love story game..

Well..A bit of suggestions...

Wont it look better if you add BattleBacks?
and...nothing!

This is such an amazing game that i have no more words left!

Any help i am here!

YA HA!

--------------------
My game
Spoiler:

I support
Spoiler:

My Personality Test

+Quote Post

CAB_333
post May 20 2012, 10:10 AM
Post #15

In the land of Aus(tralia). I'm not dead! :p
Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Good

FINALLY! A GAME THAT IS BASED IN THE REAL WORLD!

*Ahem* Love McDonalds. xD Hope to see more here.

--------------------
I like to use THIS FONT on the forum.

My swag shops/topics:
Spoiler:

Awesome projects:
Spoiler:

Personality tests:
Spoiler:

Awards:
Spoiler:

Put it in your sig to show support! Please!
CODE
[center][url="http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=54686&st=0#entry509403"][img]http://i13.servimg.com/u/f13/17/45/66/75/banner14.png[/img][/url][/center]

+Quote Post

Armageddon97
post May 20 2012, 09:58 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

This game looks awesome. I love that you put in social links like in Persona 3 and 4. The social links were my favorite part from Persona 3. The other stuff was fantastic, but the social links were my favorite part. I hope the ones in your game are fantastic as well. But anyway, looks great. I want to know where you got the modern day tiles, because I got some, but they don't look nearly this good. It's mostly just road tiles. The sequel to my current game is gonna be in modern times, so I would like to know. I'm looking forward to playing your game.

+Quote Post

donleon
post May 21 2012, 08:37 AM
Post #17

adorable kyon
Group Icon

long time no post again smile.gif thanks for the feedbacks XD

im making a slow progress in my game cause i need to finish some school works first smile.gif

@DigiorPoke - why would it look like a love story game? haha for battlebacks im still thinking to add something to make things different

@ CAB_333 - haha i love mcdonalds too thanks to Celianna for the tiles of mcdo tongue.gif

@ Armageddon97 - yep social link from persona is a lot of fun (although i haven't played those 2 series just watch it from youtube videos) I'll try to make the social link a bit more fun too smile.gif for the modern tileset, i can't remember where i got em all i got em from different resources mainly here in this site. Goodluck with you sequel, tell me when it's made and i'll look it up too smile.gif

forgot to post my userbar made by Silparion smile.gif and thanks for DigiorPoke for the codes tongue.gif

CODE
[url="http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=53190"][img]http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/Silparion1/SchoolDays.png[/img][/url]

This post has been edited by donleon: May 21 2012, 08:38 AM

--------------------
I support:
Spoiler:

My game:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

robbieagray
post May 22 2012, 05:46 PM
Post #18

I am not insane... YET!!! :D
Group Icon

Alignment: Lawful Evil

So there are obviously going to be some school day references. However are their going to be any persona references? Like what you mentioned above?

--------------------
If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.

Projects I am currently working on:
-The demo is out now!

-Link to my Youtube Channel: HERE! (Please Subscribe)
I support the following:
Spoiler:

Contest Badges:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

donleon
post May 23 2012, 03:20 AM
Post #19

adorable kyon
Group Icon

QUOTE (robbieagray @ May 22 2012, 05:46 PM) *
So there are obviously going to be some school day references. However are their going to be any persona references? Like what you mentioned above?

the setting would be in school itself, thats why it's school days but for the demo im doing atm, it will tackle how lyner's life was before until some mysteries happen until he made it in the school where kairi and others are studying, that's where the "school" comes in.

for persona references what do you mean by that?

--------------------
I support:
Spoiler:

My game:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

robbieagray
post May 23 2012, 03:32 AM
Post #20

I am not insane... YET!!! :D
Group Icon

Alignment: Lawful Evil

QUOTE (donleon @ May 22 2012, 08:20 PM) *
the setting would be in school itself, thats why it's school days but for the demo im doing atm, it will tackle how lyner's life was before until some mysteries happen until he made it in the school where kairi and others are studying, that's where the "school" comes in.

for persona references what do you mean by that?

Just wondering... Does the player summon any demons in combat?

--------------------

Projects I am currently working on:
-The demo is out now!

-Link to my Youtube Channel: HERE! (Please Subscribe)
I support the following:
Spoiler:

Contest Badges:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 10:48 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.