iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!
11 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Swords of Chaos, I'm not dead!
Issun01
post Feb 10 2012, 05:23 AM
Post #1

What is my name?
Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

In a world on the brink of war, a young boy and his friends must discover the truth within the legends

Beta Demo 2.5 is now released.

BETA DEMO!!!

Progress Log

*Will get a nicer looking progress log eventually*

Chara Develop Layout: 99%
Story Layout: 95%
Main Story Events: 15% (Yes, quite a long game)
Mapping: 15%
Side Quests: 20%
Enemies: 15%?
Items: 90%
Weapons: 95%
Armor: 95%
Fishing: 20%

Spoiler:
In a world known as Somnium, there are 5 great cities known as Haruo, Natsuro, Akiro, Fuyuro, and Shizon. These cities once waged a great war long ago, and during this war, a huge, ominous tower emerged, from which a dark creature emerged, and razed many villages. 1 man from each city settled their differences, and teamed up to kill this creature at the cost of their lives. In sorrow over the lost of these heroes, the leaders from each city stopped fighting. For centuries, the cities lived in peace.... However, this era of peace slowly fades away as conflicts between the cities, particular Shizon and Haruo, progressively escalate. Eventually, Shizon City decides to send an army to Haruo City, much to their astonishment. They request help from Natsuro City, thus beginning Ryuu's journey...
Ryuu and his friends must deal with the political and warfare issues between the cities, but with the seeds of war sown, they also must conflict with a mysterious man who is intent on sprouting these seeds.

Spoiler:
The world is called Somnium, and it has multiple continents, which most of them are centered around one of the 5 great cities mentioned above. Some cities have a very prominent social hierarchy, while others not so much. Every city does have a 'royal family', whose role is almost always serving as leaders of their respective cities.
In every part of the world, monsters are abound, who every now and then, invade small villages. Usually, the monsters are easily defeated by the average mercenary, but for some unknown reason, recently, monsters have become far more powerful than usual and are growing in numbers and have been getting increasingly more daring, even attacking the 5 great cities.
Additionally, in Somnium, there is a legend of 5 legendary swords called the "Demon Swords", which are very malevolent weapons that have very unusual powers. They have very specific appearance features too. They are named according to their abilities:

Reduction Sword - reduces its victims abilities
Illusion Sword - causes its victims to see illusions
Serpent Sword - twists and turns and can split into multiple blades
Calligraphy Sword - carves patterns into whatever it makes contact with
Hell Sword - creates darkness and cuts through anything

Other than general descriptions, these swords are mostly shrouded in mystery.

Spoiler:
Ryuu

Ryuu comes from the royal family of Natsuro City, but Ryuu simply brushes off this title as just a flashy name and he prefers that people refer to him casually. Although usually seen as a bit arrogant in terms of combat and cynical, he does deeply care for his friends and has a strong sense of justice. Has a bad habit of rushing into action when people are endangered. Ryuu has a younger brother named Tsura, who is a bit of a pervert (and tends to use words like "trolling", much to Ryuu's annoyance). Ryuu is sent by his father along with his 2 friends, Sho and Akina to help defend Haruo City from its invaders.
Ryuu specializes in using swords and fire and water magic. Many of his attack names have the word "dragon" in its name.

Akina

Ryuu's level-headed friend. She is generally kind and caring to all, but gets annoyed fairly easily, especially by Tsura, as she is often the target of Tsura's perverted jokes. She tends to scold Ryuu for his bad attitude. Akina lives in Natsuro City with her uncle, a fairly wealthy businessman, as her parents died many years ago, and Akina's grandfather traverses the world to record the various monsters plaguing the world.
Akina specializes in using bows, but she also has some skill in healing spells. She has all around stats, and many of her skills are cheap and learned fairly quickly in comparison to other characters

Sho

A very cowardly friend of Ryuu's. He is often the target of insults by Ryuu. Even though Sho at heart wishes to help his friends, his fearful nature often hides that. Sho's mother runs the inn in Natsuro City, as his father is no longer alive. Despite his weaknesses, Sho eventually agrees to partake in the journey. Sho seems to harbor secret feelings for Akina, although he is unsuccessful in hiding it from Ryuu.
Sho specializes in using healing magic and later, light magic. Great power in magic, low defenses.... your basic white mage

Features

-Ziifee's Wait Gauge Battle System, making the battles real-time
-Many, many hours of gameplay
-Many different characters, of varying strengths and weaknesses in both personality, and combat
-There are 3 different endings: Good, Dark, and Neutral.
-There is a karma system, which is increased or decreased base on your choices in the game. The karma points will affect which ending you get
-You can choose from 4 different difficulty levels. You start out with normal and hard mode. The others are unlocked through beating the game
-Uses Modern Algebra's Reserve Party Script. All your party members will gain the same amount of experience, even if they are in the reserve
-Your party members will always join at the same lvl as Ryuu! No more worrying about getting under leveled party members!
-Can go up to lvl 250
-You can synthesize items
-Lots of sidequests, ranging from simple fetch quests, to intense, optional boss fights
-Fishing Feature
-Large selection of equipment, especially in terms of accessories
-You can change your windowskin
-Stunning shatter effects upon entering battle thanks to Modern Algebra's Shatter Transitions Script
-ALL open books are readable!

Screenshots:

Spoiler:
A forest maze shrouded in thick fog. Getting lost here can be deadly

Ryuu's "House"... More like Ryuu's Manor

A look at the main character's home, Natsuro City. Ryuu's Manor and the Natsuro Embassy can be found by crossing a bridge northwards. Heading south will lead to the marketplace.

Ah yes, the magical plant, durus. Immune to magic but falls to ordinary torches wink.gif
Verdant Catacombs is the name of this glorious home of fungi and a variety of plants

One of the optional bosses of the game

A look into one of the 1st dungeons of the game. This villain seems to know his stuff when it comes to impeding our heroes with lava dry.gif

Haruo City is an extremely large, Japanese based city. Thus, the Japanese tiles are appropriate. There's a variety of places to visit, including a tavern, greenhouse, and an inventor's home, just to name a few
Spoiler:

A small, mountainous trail with a cave to explore

Suspicious...

A colorful autumn-themed forest....... Hey, what the heck are those plants doing there?!?

Spoiler:
Something is terribly wrong...

Blue flames, slightly transparent floor, spacial background...

A strange, fog-covered town...
Spoiler:

Another forest... I'm beginning to overuse forests

yays, ice/crystal areas. A personal favorite of mine, as long as they don't have sliding ice puzzles laugh.gif

This is a beta map, and contains some mapping errors not present in the final version. sorry ohmy.gif

Puzzles from hell!

Thanks to OriginalWiJ for that wonderful fixed pic script. Made this devilish puzzle possible cool.gif

Fighting on a boat. Hoorays

The following images contain spoilers for the events in the demo
Spoiler:
That Erven guy wasn't just a random nobody tongue.gif

New party member

Probably an expected interaction between those two

Remember that Blooid Incarnate Guy from Yokai Hill? He's back for another round!

lots and lots and lots of books

Interpret how you will

Forum:

Spoiler:
I have made a forum for my games. In addition to Swords of Chaos, it will include information on a new, much smaller side-project I will start soon
Come join here!

Credits:

Spoiler:
You, player, for taking the time to try out my game!

Akod, for his immense support, especially when it came to errors within the game.

Tilesets

Ying

Lunarea

Recife

fmce

Celianna

Soruve

Sprites/Faces/battler graphics

Lunarea

Aindra

GrandmaDeb

Butler

Famitsu

Sketcy-Sketch

Apoc

http://lud.sakura.ne.jp/index.html

Scripts:

KGC

Ziifee

BulletXt

Synthesize

Woratana

ModernAlgebra

Midget Man

Mr G & W

Anaryu

Yanfly

DP3

OriginalWiJ

And of course, all those excellent musicians, composers etc who made the music I will be using for this game (music from other games is used) (Although not specifically credited here to avoid spoiling the music that is going to be used, they will be credited in the game's credits of course smile.gif)

CODE
[url="http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=53224"][IMG]http://i49.tinypic.com/2vwa4o5.png[/IMG][/url]

CODE
[url="http://starlightstudios.forumotion.com/"][img]http://i47.tinypic.com/v7y33p.png[/img][/url]

This post has been edited by Issun01: Mar 17 2014, 05:43 AM

--------------------

Starlight Studios Forum!

Other Stuff
Spoiler:
I support:
Spoiler:

My color:

Spoiler:
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Akod
post Feb 20 2012, 05:54 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Sounds interesting. Can't wait for the release! I'll be watching for it.

--------------------

Having issues eventing something? Feel free to send me a message and I will see what I can do!

I Support
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Issun01
post Mar 1 2012, 02:03 AM
Post #3

What is my name?
Group Icon

Sorry for lack of updates lately. Although internet issues have prevented me from coming on here in a while, I've been rather busy with other stuff anyways. I will get right back to working on my game very soon. I'll do my best to get a demo up soon. It may take a while, as one of the biggest challenges for me is writing good dialogue, despite having character development and the story already planned out unsure.gif

Anyways, there will also be a fishing feature. Credit goes to Aindra for fishing pole template.

Oh and btw, Burning Fighting Spirit from Tales of Vesperia will be used as the main boss theme for the game

--------------------

Starlight Studios Forum!

Other Stuff
Spoiler:
I support:
Spoiler:

My color:

Spoiler:

+Quote Post

KaiserKami
post Mar 1 2012, 04:16 AM
Post #4

Snake Eater
Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Neutral Good

I have high hopes for a game like this. After reading the story, this can be one of the best gems in the VX collection once completed. I would love to see any more of the story when it's done.

--------------------
"Yo pops, I'll have the stupid special."
(What makes a hero?)
(Man's desire is a curse.)
(All crave for fortune.)

+Quote Post

Akod
post Mar 5 2012, 02:42 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

QUOTE (Issun01 @ Feb 29 2012, 09:03 PM) *
Sorry for lack of updates lately. Although internet issues have prevented me from coming on here in a while, I've been rather busy with other stuff anyways. I will get right back to working on my game very soon. I'll do my best to get a demo up soon. It may take a while, as one of the biggest challenges for me is writing good dialogue, despite having character development and the story already planned out unsure.gif

Anyways, there will also be a fishing feature. Credit goes to Aindra for fishing pole template.

Oh and btw, Burning Fighting Spirit from Tales of Vesperia will be used as the main boss theme for the game

I can't wait! I understand your issue with the dialogue, I have the same problem all the time. I'll be watching for the demo and will try to give you feedback ASAP.

--------------------

Having issues eventing something? Feel free to send me a message and I will see what I can do!

I Support
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Issun01
post Mar 12 2012, 02:01 AM
Post #6

What is my name?
Group Icon

Here's some more screenshots. The first 2 depict a prototype of the farming village map I'm working on atm, hence the reason the buildings don't have windows or stuff like that. Sidequests will be abound in this village wink.gif
The third screenshot depicts a sorta "campfire" scene. These type of scenes appear multiple times throughout the game.
Spoiler:

The OP has been updated with these screenshots and updated credits

This post has been edited by Issun01: Mar 12 2012, 05:20 AM

--------------------

Starlight Studios Forum!

Other Stuff
Spoiler:
I support:
Spoiler:

My color:

Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Akod
post Mar 12 2012, 01:43 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

It's looking good! Progress seems to be coming along nicely.

--------------------

I Support
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Issun01
post Mar 20 2012, 05:43 AM
Post #8

What is my name?
Group Icon

Equipment design is well under progress. As said before, there is quite a large selection equipment. I estimate about 1/3 of the equipment is done. I will also get a progress log up soon.

I'm honestly quite surprised (and thankful!) of the attention this thread has gotten. Thanks to everyone who took the time to read this thread. I will definitely keep up the hard work

EDIT: Here's an updated version of an older screenshot:

*Can be viewed in the first post*

This post has been edited by Issun01: Mar 27 2012, 11:25 PM

--------------------

Starlight Studios Forum!

Other Stuff
Spoiler:
I support:
Spoiler:

My color:

Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Issun01
post Mar 23 2012, 08:23 PM
Post #9

What is my name?
Group Icon

My apologies for the double post, but.....

Major Update!

Demo is getting prepared for release.
-Quite a few hours of playtime is available in the story alone
-Meet 3 new party members
-Face an optional boss
-partake in a variety of sidequests by talking to various NPCs
-Fend off mysterious villains
-multiple scenes allow you to make a choice. Your choices affect your karma points, which a play a major role in the ending of the game
-Learn about the mysterious "Demon Swords"

In addition, there is a 2nd demo planned.
-In addition to the 3 met in the main demo, a 4th new party member that will appear in the final version will also be playable in this demo
-All party members will be at lvl 75
-Better equipment (not counting accessories)
-Sneak peak at some of the future battle themes that will be used
-Takes place in a small town that will probably not be used in the main game

And here's another screenshot, depicting one of the first dungeons of the game

*Can be viewed on the first post*

This post has been edited by Issun01: Mar 27 2012, 11:26 PM

--------------------

Starlight Studios Forum!

Other Stuff
Spoiler:
I support:
Spoiler:

My color:

Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Akod
post Mar 24 2012, 04:44 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

Awesome! I've been looking forward to this game demo for a while! I'll be sure to give you feedback once you upload the demo and I play through it.

--------------------

I Support
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Issun01
post Mar 31 2012, 05:38 AM
Post #11

What is my name?
Group Icon

Unfortunately, due to personal issues going on, the demo's release has been delayed. I'm now back in action and I hope to have the demo release by the end of next week.

--------------------

Starlight Studios Forum!

Other Stuff
Spoiler:
I support:
Spoiler:

My color:

Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Akod
post Mar 31 2012, 03:53 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

Sounds good! We all have personal issues so no worries. I'll be watching for the release!

--------------------

I Support
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

drumzia
post Apr 1 2012, 04:22 AM
Post #13

Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Unaligned

ehm, RTP graphic ? but actually it's good story biggrin.gif and graphic it's dosen't matter smile.gif just continue the progress
i will try the demo, i'll waiting untill it release wink.gif

keep spirit bro/sist biggrin.gif

--------------------
Some Great Resource

Some Great Project

Spoiler:

My Own Project

Spoiler:
Not Published Yet !! Stay Tuned

+Quote Post

Issun01
post Apr 8 2012, 07:16 AM
Post #14

What is my name?
Group Icon

Demo is just about ready to released. I'm currently playing through it to try to find any bugs that need fixing, whether the enemies are too easy/hard on each difficulty, whether the dialogue needs refining, etc.

I hope the alpha demo will be enjoyed when its released! After the alpha demo is finished, I'll work on a beta demo in which I'll do a lot of work on the graphical part of the game.

I thank everyone for their support. Knowing I have people looking forward to the release of the demo gives me even more motivation to work my hardest wink.gif The demo will be released soon, and I thank you guys for your continued patience.

--------------------

Starlight Studios Forum!

Other Stuff
Spoiler:
I support:
Spoiler:

My color:

Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Akod
post Apr 8 2012, 03:16 PM
Post #15

Group Icon

Awesome! I'll be watching for the demo upload!

--------------------

I Support
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Issun01
post Apr 19 2012, 02:29 AM
Post #16

What is my name?
Group Icon

The demo is finally here!!!

https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=e5...&parid=root

Please alert me of any bugs, glitches, or errors.

Or your thoughts on the game itself of course smile.gif

This post has been edited by Issun01: Apr 21 2012, 09:01 PM

--------------------

Starlight Studios Forum!

Other Stuff
Spoiler:
I support:
Spoiler:

My color:

Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Akod
post Apr 20 2012, 08:48 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

Downloading now. I will tell you if I encounter any glitches as soon as I find them.

*Edit*
Umm...I'm having some issues extracting the game. Every time I get to "The Wilderness of Sadness.mp3" it freezes up. Would you mind trying to re-compress it or compress it into a .zip?

Thanks in advance!

This post has been edited by Akod: Apr 20 2012, 10:35 PM

--------------------

I Support
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Issun01
post Apr 21 2012, 09:07 AM
Post #18

What is my name?
Group Icon

QUOTE (Akod @ Apr 20 2012, 01:48 PM) *
Downloading now. I will tell you if I encounter any glitches as soon as I find them.

*Edit*
Umm...I'm having some issues extracting the game. Every time I get to "The Wilderness of Sadness.mp3" it freezes up. Would you mind trying to re-compress it or compress it into a .zip?

Thanks in advance!

I just tried compressing it to .zip and downloading it myself, but the same error occured. I'm currently trying to figure out what the issue is blink.gif

--------------------

Starlight Studios Forum!

Other Stuff
Spoiler:
I support:
Spoiler:

My color:

Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Issun01
post Apr 21 2012, 08:58 PM
Post #19

What is my name?
Group Icon

https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=e5...&parid=root

This new link should work. I had to switch to a different site, as medifire wouldn't allow files larger than 200 mb.

--------------------

Starlight Studios Forum!

Other Stuff
Spoiler:
I support:
Spoiler:

My color:

Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Akod
post Apr 23 2012, 12:39 AM
Post #20

Group Icon

I've played it a bit and so far I've found things. Not glitches but things that make it look bad.

Spoiler:
1. When you go to the Dojo and ask about Stats, it says "YOu"
2. When you beat a battle it says "300Gold were obtained" and you can fix this by adding a space before the word Gold in the terms tab and going into the script editor and in the Vocab section at the top change line 39 from (ObtainGold = "%s%s were obtained!") to (ObtainGold = "%s%s was obtained!")
3. After you leave the starting town if you go down and talk to the soldier, the word Trespassing is misspelled.
4. (I'm not sure if this is supposed to be like this or not) When you save, all the sprites look identical.

I died at the enemy ????? so I'm gonna grind a bit and try again now!

*Edit*

I've played some more now and I've found a few more things, including one issue.

Spoiler:
1. The issue is once you get to Erven in his tower and take the hex back to the beginning, if you try going back up, you'll end up in a wall.
2. In the dragon tower the chest in the corner that contains the 500 gold says 500 Gald.
3. During the argument outside Erven's tower, Ryuu says "own" instead of "one".
4. The mayor says ahte instead of hate at one point.
5. While the elder is talking the word "I've" gets cut off a little along with the word "on".
6. While the elder talks about the first sword absorbing the Phoenix's power, a line is cut off, making it make no sense.
7. The elder says "a likely a survivor" when talking about the guy from the woods.
8. The guy who's pocket watch was stolen says "man with a bearded man".
9. When the old woman outside the shop in Natsuro talks about the shrine she says "The shrine collapsed 13 years for...".

So far most of your mistakes are just grammatical errors but that is common. Love the game so far, the plot is great and quite interesting. The dragon protecting the Crystal Egg was insane! I had to be very fast with my heals that battle but unfortunately right at the end Akina died and I realized that I didn't have any Life Potions so she missed the EXP. I still haven't decided if I should get rid of the poison I bought though. lol

This post has been edited by Akod: Apr 1 2013, 04:44 PM

--------------------

I Support
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

11 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 02:52 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.