iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> World map, Area map, Quest scripts, tutorial prefered
jesse120
post Feb 11 2012, 01:11 AM
Post #1

Master Eventer, Novice scripter, pathetic spriter
Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Chaotic Good

search number 10519195120002
I would like to know how to make a world map script that uses a picture to make the map. This is scrolable and has several markers able to be placed on it. Quest markers, Towns/land marks, Quest markers inside, placeable map referance point. it also has a marker to show you were you are this is checked by map. First you have to define the pixel locations of each map then the game puts you at a place in the rectangle based on location on map. On the map if you are in a map you can fast travle(specified in some way) you can go to any location you have found. You can start with locations found or not. Locations can be found but not travalable to. This is all the same for mini maps ecxept they only show map. I dont care how you make those but it is not in the hud but a menu window. No fast travling with miny and it shows markers like doors. Other than that same as large. Marker is place able. Quests arows have 2 colors red and green. Green means that the point is in a map that is part of the world map or of the map series you are in. I am not sure how to do this but I will be using the pokemon stile map joining script. Red means you have to go through a door to get to location. Just have script work backwards from point through the events with a <door> coment. The quest is a standerd quest system with 3 catagories All, past, present. All is all active quests, past is all quests that are finished, Present is the selected quest it is what shows up on map. Select a new current quest with the all area. the present menu shows all the steps so far, all only shows current objective of all quests, past shows newest to all completed until selected then it shows all.

I think that is all please post any coments, questions, clarifacations, and of cource the tutorial/script. This is similar to the maping and Quest system in Oblivion. The tutorial could be for a basic maping script or a basic quest script but plese go big.

This post has been edited by jesse120: Apr 1 2012, 04:45 PM

--------------------
I might not post anything for a while, but I am still here, watching. You may not see me, but I see you.
Still taking event requests. Still watching topics. I will see comments to my posts and respond.
I will probably not update any of my scripts for a while.

I have not gone!!!

Spoiler:

Master eventer
Need an unusual event call me and i might be able to make it
ex vehicle, pet
search number
I do take event requests
search number 10519195120
Please don't put this number on any of your own posts or topics
note: the search number will be on any post I make to aid in searching by author. If I forget to put it on a topic please notify me.

I will try to check any posts/PMs around 7:30 AM, 3:00 PM, and after 6 PM most days (time in Pacific Time)

The ultimate video game

Legend of, Elder, Fear, of Fabled, Fallout, Call, of Modern, Gears, of Halo, Metal, Ghost, Assassin, Mass, Homicide, Fantasy, 5
That stands for
Legend of Zelda, Elder Scrolls, ?????, Fable, Fallout, Call of Duty, Modern Warfare, Gears of War, Halo, Metal Gears, Ghost Recon, Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, Auto Homicide, Final Fantasy, 5
Let me know if you want a game added to the list

If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, believe he is the only way to heaven, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

jesse120
post Feb 16 2012, 04:05 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Bump

--------------------
I might not post anything for a while, but I am still here, watching. You may not see me, but I see you.
Still taking event requests. Still watching topics. I will see comments to my posts and respond.

I have not gone!!!

Spoiler:

Master eventer
ex vehicle, pet
search number
I do take event requests
note: the search number will be on any post I make to aid in searching by author. If I forget to put it on a topic please notify me.

I will try to check any posts/PMs around 7:30 AM, 3:00 PM, and after 6 PM most days (time in Pacific Time)

The ultimate video game

Legend of, Elder, Fear, of Fabled, Fallout, Call, of Modern, Gears, of Halo, Metal, Ghost, Assassin, Mass, Homicide, Fantasy, 5
That stands for
Legend of Zelda, Elder Scrolls, ?????, Fable, Fallout, Call of Duty, Modern Warfare, Gears of War, Halo, Metal Gears, Ghost Recon, Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, Auto Homicide, Final Fantasy, 5

If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, believe he is the only way to heaven, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.

+Quote Post

Virus 9
post Feb 17 2012, 12:44 AM
Post #3

Evil is a virus that spreads!
Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

I think that sounds like Omega7's World Map Script. You can give it a try and here is the link. Though I could be wrong on my answer but it does sound like it.
Omega7's World Map Script

And here is also the script by him to make your map into a picture (It is used for his world map script)

Omega7's Map to .png Script

I hope this was some help to you.

--------------------
EVIL RULES OVER ALL!
Spoiler:
After a great deal of a vote, I have been chosen to remain evil by the members of the forum! Now prepare for the 2nd stage of my plot!

I Support
Spoiler:

CODE
[img]http://i39.tinypic.com/ftklqq.png[/img]

Building
Spoiler:

Read if New or Beginner!
Spoiler:
Are you new to RPG Maker VX or the Forum? I will help you with some simple guides to understanding.
  1. If you are new to the forum then make your introduction known to the community. Also if you are leaving us we would like to hear you there.
  2. If you have experience something wrong with this Community Forum that is not working right you can contact the staff by visiting the Feedback and Support.
  3. People like us are willing to help anyone who is having any problems with RPG Maker VX Program down here in the Support / Help Forum. We do provide some provided answers in here to read.Or you can contact RPG_Lover or Akod for help through PM.
  4. Need some new images/audios for your game? We provide a wide range for your game development needs in our Resource Showcase. We also provide if you can not find what you need a request for something.
  5. If it's scripts you need. We can help you find what functions you want to add to your games in our Complete RGSS2 Scripts! As well we provide a request if you got something else in mind you need.
  6. Got a game developed and ready to show? You can provide any Completed Games or Under Developed Games with us to get a result from the community.
  7. Now you can also relax in our Off-Discussion of RPG Maker VX.

We do have a small support for RPG Maker VX ACE here. I recommend if your starting to use RPG Maker VX to go and fix your Game_Interpreter. Make sure to follow the Community Rules and you will be OK on your way.

+Quote Post

jesse120
post Feb 17 2012, 11:54 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

It is not quite what I was looking for. 1. It is not conected to a quest system. 2. I wanted one that uses a picture made in like paint this takes its own picture.

--------------------

I have not gone!!!

Spoiler:

Master eventer
ex vehicle, pet
search number
I do take event requests

The ultimate video game

That stands for

+Quote Post

jesse120
post Feb 25 2012, 06:57 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

bump

--------------------

I have not gone!!!

Spoiler:

Master eventer
ex vehicle, pet
search number
I do take event requests

The ultimate video game

That stands for

+Quote Post

jesse120
post Mar 13 2012, 11:34 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

bump

--------------------

I have not gone!!!

Spoiler:

Master eventer
ex vehicle, pet
search number
I do take event requests

The ultimate video game

That stands for

+Quote Post

jesse120
post Apr 6 2012, 03:24 AM
Post #7

Group Icon

bump

--------------------

I have not gone!!!

Spoiler:

Master eventer
ex vehicle, pet
search number
I do take event requests

The ultimate video game

That stands for

+Quote Post

jesse120
post Apr 11 2012, 01:48 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

bump

--------------------

I have not gone!!!

Spoiler:

Master eventer
ex vehicle, pet
search number
I do take event requests

The ultimate video game

That stands for

+Quote Post

jesse120
post Apr 18 2012, 01:43 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

bump

--------------------

I have not gone!!!

Spoiler:

Master eventer
ex vehicle, pet
search number
I do take event requests

The ultimate video game

That stands for

+Quote Post

jesse120
post Apr 21 2012, 04:39 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

bump

--------------------

I have not gone!!!

Spoiler:

Master eventer
ex vehicle, pet
search number
I do take event requests

The ultimate video game

That stands for

+Quote Post

jesse120
post Apr 25 2012, 11:01 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

bump

--------------------

I have not gone!!!

Spoiler:

Master eventer
ex vehicle, pet
search number
I do take event requests

The ultimate video game

That stands for

+Quote Post

jesse120
post Apr 29 2012, 05:05 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

bump

--------------------

I have not gone!!!

Spoiler:

Master eventer
ex vehicle, pet
search number
I do take event requests

The ultimate video game

That stands for

+Quote Post

jesse120
post May 2 2012, 01:50 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

bump

--------------------

I have not gone!!!

Spoiler:

Master eventer
ex vehicle, pet
search number
I do take event requests

The ultimate video game

That stands for

+Quote Post

Neosky
post May 3 2012, 07:08 AM
Post #14

Master of the DarkSyde of Cheese!
Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed
Alignment: Lawful Evil

try this world map system, it was pretty kool, sounds like what you wanted... i think. XD.

Overlord Dave's

The only draw back is that you can transfer to a point on the same map you are on. So say you opened the map on an world like area, you could port to an area on that same map, you'd just have to set it to port into the town, or cave or whatever, instead next to it.

It's not attached to a quest system, but you could easily add it if you know some minor scripting.

--------------------

Remember, Remember the 5th of November...
Spoiler:

If you are new, please go through this spoiler for VERY useful links.
Spoiler:

Tarris Thread || User Forum || Tarris Hold Website || Twitch.tv

+Quote Post

jesse120
post May 4 2012, 06:40 PM
Post #15

Group Icon

Thank you I am using that right now. It has a few drawbacks like I would like it to have a cursor on the map that you move around with the arrow keys and when it goes over a town it pops the name at the top. As it is now you pick from a list and it finds it on the map for you so just a small flaw. Thanks though.

--------------------

I have not gone!!!

Spoiler:

Master eventer
ex vehicle, pet
search number
I do take event requests

The ultimate video game

That stands for

+Quote Post

jesse120
post May 9 2012, 01:49 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

bump

--------------------

I have not gone!!!

Spoiler:

Master eventer
ex vehicle, pet
search number
I do take event requests

The ultimate video game

That stands for

+Quote Post

jesse120
post May 13 2012, 03:42 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

bump

--------------------

I have not gone!!!

Spoiler:

Master eventer
ex vehicle, pet
search number
I do take event requests

The ultimate video game

That stands for

+Quote Post

jesse120
post Jun 3 2012, 05:10 PM
Post #18

Group Icon

bump

--------------------

I have not gone!!!

Spoiler:

Master eventer
ex vehicle, pet
search number
I do take event requests

The ultimate video game

That stands for

+Quote Post

DigiorPoke
post Jun 4 2012, 03:15 AM
Post #19

Dragon Slayer
Group Icon

Type: Spriter
Alignment: Neutral Good

why dont ya check the master script list??

--------------------
My game
Spoiler:

I support
Spoiler:

My Personality Test

+Quote Post

jesse120
post Jun 4 2012, 03:30 AM
Post #20

Group Icon

Because I did check the master script list. And the script form. And Google searches and none got what I am looking for. I do check. Everywhere.

--------------------

I have not gone!!!

Spoiler:

Master eventer
ex vehicle, pet
search number
I do take event requests

The ultimate video game

That stands for

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 06:56 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.